Thread: The Birthday Present (NC-17)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!

The Birthday Present (NC-17)

Title: The Birthday Present
    Author: scifichick774
    Rating: NC-17
    Category: Smut
    Spoilers: Anything through the end of the second season is fair game.
    Summary: Everyone has forgotten about Lex’s birthday and when Chloe runs across some information while doing research, she shows up to give him a present he’ll never forget.
    Disclaimer: Not mine, no infringement intended, please don’t sue.
    Feedback: YES!! REVIEW!! Geez, that sounded incredibly needy.
    Archival: Sure – just let me know where.
    Author’s Note: Happy Birthday Rachael!!! For the purposes of this fic, Lex and Helen are still technically engaged, Clark and Lana haven’t gotten together yet, and Chloe hasn’t teamed up with Lionel. Also, whatever Lex’s birthday really is, it’s been changed to June 15th for this fic at Rachael’s request. Ugh, and it has a really sappy ending, so if you can’t handle that sort of thing, then avert your eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There was no other word for it, Lex was sulking. It was June fifteenth, and not only was his birthday almost over, but not one person had remembered it. Helen had chosen yesterday to inform him that she would be out of town for the next few days and hadn’t so much as called to wish him birthday greetings. Not that he minded her being out of town. In fact, any chance to not have her attacking him emotionally was a welcome relief.

‘Maybe I should consider that my birthday present,’ he thought to himself.

He knew that she didn’t love him; he didn’t love her either, but he needed to keep her believing that he did until he found out exactly what she and his father were up to. That had been another surprise. Lionel hadn’t called like he usually did.

Every year, despite the animosity – or probably because of it – his dad would call on his birthday to remind him of his failings and shortcomings, and how he could chalk up another year of being disappointed in him. But this year, Lionel hadn’t called. As the hour was late, he had apparently forgotten about Lex’s birthday altogether.

‘Perhaps I should consider that a birthday present as well,’ he thought, a hint of a grin lining his lips as he lifted his freshly poured third glass of scotch to his mouth.

Clark and Lana had also forgotten, if they had ever even known when his birthday was to begin with. He contemplated riving to the Talon, where he figured Lana was closing up and Clark was most likely mooning over her. He could tell them it was his birthday and make them feel rotten about not giving him so much as a phone call.

He suspected that he could get some lovely guilt out of them, but unfortunately, the prospect of seeing them make doe-eyes at each other was repulsive enough to make him shoot down the idea. Why surround himself with people who were in love, even if they hadn’t admitted it yet, when he had all but given up on finding a woman who cared about him instead of his money?

‘Now *that* would be a birthday present,’ he thought, taking another sip from his glass. Suddenly, the distinct smell of chocolate wafted heavily into the room through the partially open door. Lex creased his brow and tilted his head to the side as he looked expectantly toward the door that was now slowly creaking open.

His eyes widened when he saw a trench-coat-clad Chloe Sullivan standing in the doorway, desperately trying to balance what looked like a homemade chocolate cake on top of a thin gift-wrapped box with one hand and holding a can of whipped cream with the other. The cake had two large numbered candles on top, stating his age if they were read together. Lex tried to hide his surprise, which turned out to be fairly easy when he saw her blush and his initial shock turned into a somewhat intoxicated grin.

“Miss Sullivan.”

“Mr. Luthor,” Chloe returned, taking small steps toward his desk so the cake wouldn’t fall to the ground.

“Not that I’m unhappy to see you,” Lex said, coming and taking the cake from her hands, setting it on the desk before he continued. “But may I ask what you’re doing here? And how you got past the security guards?” Chloe gave him a blank expression.

“There were security guards?”

“Yes, but they were obviously asleep at their posts I see.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s alright,” Lex replied with a small smirk. “If you were here to kill me, then I doubt you’d have brought me cake.”

“Yeah, well, you haven’t tasted my attempt at baking yet – and I made it from scratch, so it’s entirely possible that it’s not edible – hence the whipped cream so your birthday won’t be completely ruined.”

Lex turned slightly and leaned against his desk as he dipped a finger into the frosting. He brought it up to his mouth and darted his tongue out to lick it off, smirking broadly when he saw Chloe’s cheeks turn a light red hue.

“It *is* your birthday, right?” Chloe asked. Lex nodded. “Well, happy birthday.”

“Thanks.”

Chloe walked over to him and handed him the present that she had been carrying into the room under the cake and placing the can of whipped cream on his desk. Lex briefly glanced down at the gift before looking back at her, running his eyes over her body as he took in her appearance.

“Why are you wearing a coat in the middle of June?”

“Technically, it’s more of a jacket than a coat,” Chloe rebutted. Lex could see that she was stalling her real answer and raised a questioning eyebrow at her. She let out a small sigh. “I thought it might cheer you up after you opened your present – if nothing else, then as comic relief. It really did seem like a good idea at the time, but now ---”

“Why would I need cheering up *after* opening the gift? The fact that you got me something at all ---”

Chloe let out a sour, nervous half-chuckle and ran her hand through her hair.

“It’s not something you’re going to want,” she answered. Before he could protest, she held up a hand, silently asking him to let her continue. “But it is something I think you need.”

Her statement only intrigued Lex even more and he found himself running his finger under the tape where the paper was connected. He ripped off the decorative gift-wrap and opened the box, finding a pile of paperwork inside. His eyebrows knitted together as he started to sift through the documents. Internal LuthorCorp documents, private email correspondence between his father and Helen, a slew of various other things that basically outlined what Lionel and Helen had been planning from the beginning. His eyes finally looked up at her, at first in awe that she was such a talented hacker, and then in lust as he watched her teeth rake over her bottom lip nervously.

“I’m sorry,” she said in little more than a whisper. “I thought you should know. I didn’t want to see you go through another thing like you did with Desiree Atkins – marrying someone who doesn’t really love you.” She was quiet for a second and her gaze fell to the floor. “Nobody deserves that.”

“I know she doesn’t love me,” Lex said, pulling her from her own thoughts. Chloe looked up at him with a startled expression on her face. “I don’t love her either. I just needed to pretend I did until I could find out what she and my father were plotting.” Chloe’s mouth dropped open in surprise, unable to come up with words to respond. “And now ---” he trailed off as he held up the paperwork. “Thank you. It was the best present you could have given me.” Chloe smiled and nodded.

“You’re welcome.” They stood there in silence for a moment, looking at each other intently before she lightly shook her head. “I should get going.” She started to turn around to leave, but Lex caught her arm.

“Chloe?”

“Yeah?” she asked, turning around to face him again. He grinned at her.

“I thought you were going to cheer me up,” he said. Chloe opened and closed her mouth, seemingly in panic, before her lips curled into a smile.

“You *liked* the present,” she pointed out. “It doesn’t look like you need cheering up.” Lex folded his arms across his chest and gave her a light smile – a real one. Chloe sighed and then cringed ever so slightly. “Okay, but keep in mind that I said it was comic relief if nothing else.” Lex nodded. Chloe’s fingers went to the belt around her waist and hesitantly untied it. The jacket fell open and Lex’s eyes widened in a mixture of shock and lust. “You’re not laughing.”

Lex’s eyes slowly drifted up from the deep red corset and garter lingerie set she was wearing, his mouth uncharacteristically hanging open.

“Why would I be laughing?” he asked. Chloe closed her eyes and then started to pull her jacket back together.

“I – um – I should go. You didn’t need any cheering up and ---” she stopped talking when she felt his hands gripping hers, keeping her from pulling the jacket closed. “Lex?” He leaned his head down, barely brushing his own lips across hers before murmuring against them. His hands slid inside her jacket and rested on her waist.

“How far were you willing to let things go to cheer me up, Chloe?”

His voice was low and husky and sent a shiver down Chloe’s spine. She closed her eyes again, trying to will her body not to be affected by the skilled seducer in front of her.

“As far as I needed to,” she responded with a confidence she didn’t possess. Lex pulled back slightly and then let an almost evil grin cross his lips. He gave her a single nod of his head.

“Good.”

In one swift movement, his lips were on hers, his tongue pushing its way into her mouth without waiting for an invitation. Chloe slid her tongue against his, her fingers lifting to his shirt to frantically unbutton it. Lex groaned as her nails raked against his skin as she pushed the shirt off his shoulders. He shrugged it off completely and then wound his arms around her back, drawing her body even closer to his.

As her hands climbed to his shoulders, he cupped her ass with his hands, lifting her body enough so she got the hint. She half jumped at his touch, her legs wrapping around his waist as they continued to kiss. He turned them and stumbled toward his desk. Not paying attention to what was actually sitting there, he reached one arm out and swept his desk clear to lie her down on it. The cake and the can of whipped cream fell to the floor along with everything else that had been on his desk, but neither of them noticed or cared.

Her hands fell from his shoulders and shakily, as she hurriedly tried to undo his belt. He stood and snapped it off himself, throwing it to the far side of the room as he leaned down to kiss her again. She groaned when the evidence of his arousal hit her clit hard through the thin layers of fabric separating them.

“Lex.” It came out as a breathy moan and Lex was immediately certain that he had never wanted a woman so badly in his entire life. The way she was responding to him was truly incredible and he knew he wasn’t going to be able to hold out much longer. His hands wrapped behind her, raising her back slightly off the desk so he could untie her corset-styled lingerie top. It loosened and Chloe raised her arms, pulling the silky material over her head and tossing it aside.

Lex kissed her again, but it was quick, as he had a different destination in mind. His mouth trailed down her jaw to her neck, then to her collarbone, and finally to her breasts. He flicked his tongue out, running circles around her areola, barely teasing her nipple and leaving her wanting more. Her fingers clasped onto the back of his head, trying to force him to the spot where she needed him. She felt his smug grin against her skin, but before she had time to comment, his teeth ran across her nipple and he started to suckle her, teasing her other nipple with his fingers.

Chloe let out a keening cry of pleasure and she started to rock her hips underneath him in an effort to seek release for the almost unbearable arousal that was circulating through her body. Her grip on his head grew tighter, her nails absently moving over his scalp, causing his body to quiver in delight.

“Chloe,” he rasped out through panted breaths. “God! Do that again!” Chloe ran her nails purposefully over his head and watched the intense pleasure play upon Lex’s face. It made her swell with female pride that she was having as much of an effect on him as he was on her. Their eyes locked and Chloe ran her teeth over her bottom lip.

“Condom?” she asked. He smiled down at her and then his gaze fell to the large mess that had been made on the floor. He eyes flashed with a hint of mischief as he leaned down, retrieving the can of whipped cream and shaking it quickly with his hand. Chloe’s eyebrows rose and she propped herself up on her elbows. “No offense, Lex, because I like foreplay as much as the next girl, but ---”

He popped the cap off and sprayed a small line of whipped cream on top of the vein in her neck. He hovered over her, licking the stream in one smooth stroke of his tongue. Chloe shivered. The man was talented, she’d give him that much, but she’d be damned if she was going to let him do anymore of this sweet torture to her without some form of retribution. She sat up completely and reached for the can of whipped cream. Lex arched an eyebrow and she shook up the can, the same impish fire in her eyes that he had displayed just a minute before.

She rose slightly so she was on her knees and sprayed a circular pattern of the cream on top of his smooth head. Lex’s mouth dropped open as her breasts were thrust into his face and her tongue started to lap at the design she had made on his skin. His breath hitched as his body started to hum with immeasurable pleasure, beyond surprised that this woman he only knew as a friendly acquaintance could bring up a reaction he had never had with anyone else.

‘Because she *cares*,’ a small voice inside his head chirped. Lex groaned and grabbed Chloe’s hips, pushing her roughly back against the desk and kissing her passionately, the mingled taste of whipped cream and a flavor that was uniquely Chloe Sullivan dancing against his tongue. His hands went to his pants, unbuttoning them, sliding down the zipper, and then letting them pool around his ankles. He reached with his other hand to the top drawer of his desk and pulled it open, plucking a foil-wrapped condom from inside.

He tore the package open with his teeth and rolled it onto his now freed cock. Chloe bent her knees and let her eyes loll back in her head, gripping the sides of the desk as he positioned himself at her entrance. He thrust into her, his eyes growing almost comically large when he tore through her maidenhead. Chloe screamed and gripped the desk tighter, her knuckles almost white. Lex stared down at her with a mixture of confusion and awe on his face and he found her earlier words echoing through his mind.

‘As far as I needed to.’

Lex grunted and started to pump into her. Chloe, despite the initial pain she felt, met him thrust for thrust, pushing her hips toward him as he moved into her.

“Chloe,” he half whimpered. As if reading his mind, Chloe released her hold on the sides of the desk and moved them to his waist and then to his butt, pulling him closer to her, further inside, and earning a suffered groan from the back of his throat. He was close, too close, and he wanted Chloe to come with him. Lex moved his hand between them and fingered through her curls until he brushed against her clit. Chloe let out a loud wail of satisfaction and Lex started to rub her in time with their thrusts. “Chloe – come for me.”

Chloe’s stomach tightened with his words and her inner walls clenched around him. An amazing tingle shot through her gut and then overtook her body. She gasped his name as her orgasm rolled through her, shaking her to the core, practically blinding her with its intensity. Lex let out a cry of her name as her climax brought him in further and tighter, refusing to let him go, milking his own release out of him. He collapsed on top of her, barely having the presence of mind to roll a little to the side so he wouldn’t crush her.

They were silent for several minutes afterward, both of them closing their eyes and trying to get their breathing under control.

“Happy birthday,” Chloe said quietly.

“God, yes,” he retorted. Chloe let out a small chuckle and turned her head to smile at him. He smiled back at her and propped himself up on one elbow, almost lovingly sweeping some stray pieces of hair behind her ear. Then he noticed the chocolate cake in a big globby smear across his office floor. Chloe followed his gaze and she frowned.

“Well, I guess it probably wasn’t edible anyway, but now you don’t get a birthday wish.”

One corner of his mouth quirked upward as she looked back at him and he leaned over to kiss her.

“Already came true.”

The End

That was great. Let me say my birthday isn't for a while but that is definately an early birthday gift.
    Justice

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Yep... I'd take Lex that way any day, any time. Lucky Chloe. Great fic my dear, exactly what I needed to read.

Plus, it had chocolate cake and desk sex... so I'm set for the night! Thank you... wonderful read!

Sara

NS Full Member
    Well, happy birthday to all of us, indeed! That was some loverly smut.

Blue

demoness
    Wow! That was really something! Wonderful job! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tandy

NS Full Member
    Well I´m sad because the cake didn´t survive. But I guess that would have been too perfect. ( I just love chocolate cake)
    Anyway this was a great piece.

L'infini
    Just a Guest!
    Woohoo! Birthday-chocolate-cake-whipped-cream-desk-smut, isn't it always the best kind? You are my smut writing queen and I bow before you. :worship2:

Kris,

I know this is a little late but thank you so much. You have no idea how much that present totally made my birthday. You're an awesome writer and a great friend.

Ellidyay aka Rachael

P.S. Next year I'll give you something really creative. *laughs*

Eternal thanks to Becky for manipulating the pic!

Willy Wonka: Everything here is eatable. I'm eatable, but that my children is called cannibalism and it is frowned upon in most societies.

NS Full Member
    :worship2: Oh that was great!

I always love your fics - I totally devoured them on Malu's site. Ooh the smut gives me shivers!

NS Full Member
    “Already came true.”
    Oh my god...oh my god...oh my god!
    How nice, they are too sweet...and also with the icing!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information