+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightcap (NC-17)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!

Nightcap (NC-17)

Okay, trying this one more time. If it doesn't take this time, then I'm just going to leave it at my archive. Sorry.

Title: Nightcap
    Author: scifichick774
    Rating: NC-17
    Category: Angst/Romance (in a really sick & twisted way)/Smut/Supernatural (eh – sort of) – Chloe/Lex, but there are some other pairings along the way.
    Spoilers: Anything through the end of the second season is fair game.
    Summary: A local microbrewery starts using meteor rocks to process their beer, giving it a kick that makes the people who drink it think that they’re dreaming and then act accordingly.
    Disclaimer: Not mine, no infringement intended, please don’t sue.
    Archival: I’m only going to be posting it at my archive, but if you want it - all you need to do is ask.
    Author’s Note: This is going to be a dark one folks. Really dark. There will be some plot points (if you can call them that) that some people may find offensive – think about acting on unrequited feelings and the consequences, and you’ll get a hint of what I’m talking about. That said, I totally understand if you don’t want to read it, and that’s why I’m warning you ahead of time; but my muse wouldn’t let me work on anything else until I got part of this written down. You do what you have to do. The whole meteor/alcohol thing was brought up in ‘Enivre en France’ by HugePedlar. It’s not really a shipper fic, but if you haven’t read it over at ff.net, then you should, because it’s highly amusing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“And then what happened?” Pete asked, letting the basketball fly from his hands toward the hoop.

“And then I told her that she was just acting jealous,” Clark said, easily blocking the shot. Pete let out a small groan and shook his head with disbelief.

“Oh, man.”

“What? She *was*,” Clark protested. Pete shook his head again, stealing the ball away from Clark.

“That’s not the point, Clark.”

Clark tilted his head to the side and Pete stopped dribbling the ball.

“Look, if you blew off an English or Math assignment to spend time with Lana – what would you tell the teacher?” Pete asked. Clark opened his mouth to speak, but it just hung open as the thoughts whirled through his head. Finally, what seemed to be an understanding of the situation dawned on his face. “Exactly,” Pete said. “And you know how seriously Chloe takes that paper. It’s like her whole life. So, to have you blow off a deadline and *then* use the jealousy card to get out of it…?” He trailed off and looked at his friend disapprovingly.

“Guess I owe her an apology, huh?” Clark asked sheepishly. Pete looked at him pointedly.

“Yeah, you could say that,” he replied and then threw Clark the ball. “Of course, it might be too late.” Clark frowned.

“She has been kind of avoiding me lately,” he said.

“Can you blame her?”

“Come on, Pete,” Clark said. “No matter what’s happened, Chloe and I are still friends and ---”

“No, Clark. You aren’t. That’s the problem.”

“Pete.”

“I mean it. Look at it from her point of view,” Pete said. Clark opened his mouth to speak, but Pete cut him off. “It’s not just the one-time missed deadline thing either.” He stopped playing and started ticking off reasons on his fingers. “You left her at the dance for Lana after *promising* her that you wouldn’t, you have pulled the jealousy excuse for way too many things – like any time she gets asked out, you’ve told her that she’s only agreeing to go out with the guy to get your attention and that she should grow up because you two were never going out, you ---”

“Okay! Geez,” Clark said. “I get the point; but you’re making it sound like I’m the only one at fault here. What about when she looked into my adoption after I told her not to? Or printed that picture of the barn in the Torch?”

“Which led to you meeting a guy who actually explained who you were and where you were from,” Pete pointed out. “The problem is that you’re not really mad at her for the things she’s done. You’re mad because you can’t tell her your secret and you’re mad because you think that her crush on you is the reason that Lana doesn’t want to jump into a relationship with you.”

“Well ---”

“Dude. Do I even need to remind you that you wouldn’t even have a chance with Lana if Chloe hadn’t talked her dad into letting her stay with her and her dad?” Pete asked. “She didn’t even get along that well with the girl, but she knew that you were in love with her, so she bit the bullet and sacrificed her own feelings for yours. *That’s friendship*.”

“I – I guess I never really looked at it like that before,” Clark said. Pete leaned his head to the side and gave him a sympathetic look.

“Hey, I didn’t mean to give you a hard time. She’s just been really – distant – lately. From everybody. And she’s my friend, so I’m worried about her,” Pete said. “And I’m just sayin’ – if you kept blowing me off and I didn’t know your secret – I don’t think I’d want to be friends with you anymore either.” Clark nodded thoughtfully and there was an uncomfortable pause in the conversation. “So – you excited about the party?” Pete asked with an impish glint in his eyes. Clark grinned.

“Yeah. I can’t believe I let you talk me into having another one though,” he answered. “How did you do that, by the way?” Pete stretched his hands out and popped his fingers.

“Easy,” he said with a wide smile. “I know the magic word.”

“Please?”

“Lana,” Pete corrected. Clark rolled his eyes.

“Chloe’s coming right? Maybe I can talk to her?” Clark suggested. Pete frowned and gave him an apologetic look.

“Sorry, man. When I brought it up, she totally shrugged it off and said she had plans.”

Clark let out a derisive huff.

“What plans? It’s not like there’s a bunch of other parties going on,” he said. Pete shot him a look and Clark cringed. “Guess I probably shouldn’t say that when I talk to her, huh?”

~*~*~*~*~

Clark raised his hand to knock on the door, but stopped before it made contact. He didn’t know why he was so nervous – it was just Chloe. He frowned as the thought flit through his mind.

‘Just Chloe.’

And therein lied the problem, the entire reason that Pete had been able to guilt-trip him so effectively. Clark had started to think of one of his friends as a ‘just’, as a given, as someone who would always be there no matter how much crap he put them through and the complete lack of support he chose to give.

‘No wonder she’s mad at me,’ Clark thought, bringing his finger down to ring the doorbell instead. He heard her bubbly voice say something that he couldn’t quite make out from inside the house and when she opened the door she had a beaming smile on her face. Until she saw that it was him. Her smile immediately fell and even as she spoke, she moved to close the door.

“She’s at work,” Chloe said simply, closing the door as she said it.

“Chloe, wait!” Clark said, placing his door in the way so it wouldn’t close. She sighed at him.

“What?” she half-snapped. Clark shoved his hands in his pockets and gave her his best puppy-dog eyes, surprised when he didn’t get the reaction that he had gotten since he knew her. She looked at him impatiently and he swallowed.

“Pete said you aren’t coming to the party tonight.”

“Pete would be correct.”

“Can I ask why?”

“Like I told him, I already have plans,” she said. “Now, if you’ll get your foot out of the way…” she trailed off and tried pushing the door again to make her point, but Clark’s foot didn’t budge.

“Chloe,” he said with a pleading quality to his voice, “I know we haven’t been getting along very well lately, but you shouldn’t just stay at home because of ---”

“I’m *not* staying home,” Chloe interrupted. “I hate to break it to you, but not everything revolves around you, Clark.”

“Chloe, come on. You don’t need to pre---”

Clark abruptly stopped talking when a handsome young man, two to three years older than them, appeared behind her in the foyer. The man raised his eyebrows to him as a greeting and Clark stood there with his mouth agape for a second. “I ---” he looked questioningly at Chloe and then shook his head slightly before extending his hand to the stranger. “Clark Kent.”

“Trevor Standish,” the guy replied with an Australian accent. Clark’s eyebrows rose in surprise and Trevor let a small smirk creep across his lips. “I’m guessing from the look on your face that Chloe didn’t tell you about me?” Clark shook his head dumbly and Trevor gave him a nod before placing his hand on the small of Chloe’s back and turning his head to look at her. “Just got off the phone with Jake and he said that Devil’s Lair is going to be especially hot tonight.” His smile fell a little when he noticed that Chloe seemed preoccupied with giving Clark a death glare. “If you still want to go, that is.” Chloe snapped out of her malicious thoughts and smiled over at him.

“Definitely. I need to get changed though,” she said. He nodded and smiled at her.

“The chopper gets here in a half hour,” he informed her.

“Okay.” She smiled again and then looked at Clark with a forlorn and hurt expression. “Bye Clark.” She turned to retreat into the house and Trevor watched her for a second before letting his eyes dart back to Clark.

“What’d ya do?” he asked knowingly, an amused smile plastered on his mouth. Clark frowned.

“It’s a long story,” he said. “So, what’s Devil’s Lair?”

“Club in Metropolis,” Trevor said with a shrug. “You come over to ask her out or something?”

“No – no. We’re just friends,” Clark said. “I was just wondering why she said she couldn’t make it to my party tonight.”

“Ah. Trying to clear the air, eh? Well, maybe I can help out. How late’s your party gonna run?” Trevor asked. Clark seemed to think about it.

“I don’t know,” he admitted. “Hopefully it won’t get shut down too early.” Trevor threw his head back as a deep laugh came pouring out of his throat.

“Didn’t pay off the cops ahead of time?”

“Uh, well – no.”

“Huh. Well, I’ll try and get her back to your party at a somewhat reasonable hour,” Trevor said and then flashed Clark a mischievous look. “But no promises.”

Chapter 2

A/N: I really hope this doesn’t get too confusing, but there are some time warps here. When I give the ‘however long ago’ references, it’s in relation to the first chapter. If it’s not listed that way at the start of the chapter, then assume it’s current time frame. Hope that helps.

~*~*~*~*~*~

One week earlier…

“Chloe?”

“Yeah, it’s me,” Chloe said from the foyer, slipping her bag off her shoulder. “Sorry I’m so late, but ---”

“No problem, sweetie,” Gabe said from the other room. “Could you get the phone please?”

Chloe arched an eyebrow even though she knew her dad couldn’t see it. There was a phone in the living room as well, but since she could hear the overly dramatic music of a soap opera drifting through the air, she figured that her dad and Lana were watching their daily recorded tape of two different soaps again. She shook her head lightly at the weirdness of the situation. Who would have thought that her dad and Lana would have bonded over something; anything?

‘Oh, that’s right,’ Chloe inwardly stated. ‘*I’m* the one who doesn’t have something in common with every single person in town.’ She sighed and made her way to the phone, managing to lift it off the hook before the answering machine picked up. “Hello?”

“Ladybug!”

Chloe’s eyes widened with the accented male voice coming from the other end of the line. She quickly looked over toward the living room to make sure that her dad hadn’t heard what she was sure was a louder than normal speaking voice.

“Trevor,” she hissed in a whispered voice. “What are you doing calling me here?”

“Sorry, but I left your cell number at home,” he replied. “Your dad isn’t giving you a death glare is he?”

“He’s watching ‘Days’ with Lana,” Chloe said disdainfully. “And what do you mean ‘at home’? Where are you now?”

“London,” Trevor answered. “Bodgy plane started to sputter so we stopped here for a check-up. They’re saying we might have to stay here for a few days before we can lift off again. Can you believe it?”

“Where were you going?” she asked, immediately regretting the question when she could almost feel him smirk over the phone.

“To visit my favorite cousin of course.”

Chloe paled.

“Trevor – please, please tell me you’re joking.”

“Chloe, you and your oldies have issues, but we’re still family. Your dad can’t very well ban us from seeing you.”

“Really? Cuz’ you could’ve fooled me. He’s been doing a pretty good job of it up till now.”

“Ah – but you and your prime investigative skills hunted us down,” he said proudly.

“Which I was able to explain away by saying I needed it for my family tree project,” she countered. “But if you show up here ---”

“Calm down,” he said. “Didn’t you say that your dad’s going on a business trip in a week or so?”

“Oh, God,” Chloe mumbled under her breath. “You’re really going to do this, aren’t you?”

“No worries. We’re not staying with you or anything,” he said.

“Who does ‘we’ include?”

“Just me, Jake, and Kim,” he answered. “And like I said, we’re staying at some hotel in Metropolis. We just wanted to finally, *actually* meet you. Not just phone and emails. You know?”

“Yeah, I know,” Chloe said, peeking around the corner when she heard the tape cut to commercial. She lowered her voice to a whisper again when she saw Lana fast-forwarding through what looked like a toothpaste ad. “I’m just not sure how my dad is going to react to me becoming friends with my mom’s side of the family; especially not after all these years.”

“You know, for someone who has been buried alive *and* pushed out a window, you’re kind of acting like a wuss,” Trevor said, goading her on. Chloe couldn’t help the gurgle of laughter that escaped her lips.

“No offense, but aren’t you supposed to compliment someone when you’re trying to get them to agree to something?”

“If I was talking to most people, then yeah, but ---”

“I’m not most people,” she finished for him.

“Exactly.”

Chloe made a grumbling noise and Trevor chuckled.

“Hey.”

Chloe’s head whipped to the side when her father’s voice was suddenly right beside her and absently dropped her hand with the phone away from her ear.

“Who are you talking to?” Gabe asked, grinning at her when he heard Trevor’s chuckle come through the phone. Chloe barely hid her cringe. It was now or never.

“Trevor,” she answered hesitantly. Gabe gave her a questioning look.

“Guy from school?”

“Uh – no,” she said. “Trevor as in: my cousin, Trevor.” Gabe’s eyebrows shot up and his mouth dropped open in surprise.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“So ---”

“Hold on,” she said and held up a finger to indicate that she would just be a minute, bringing the phone up to her ear once again. “Hey. It looks like I have to go.”

“I heard,” Trevor said. “Don’t suppose you could just put it on speaker phone so I could hear the fight?”

“Oh, gee, let me think – no,” Chloe replied. Trevor laughed and then let out a mock sigh.

“Alright, I guess I’ll have to find another way to entertain myself. Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Chloe hung up the phone and then looked back at her dad nervously, who appeared to be conflicted about how to deal with what he had just overheard.

“So, how long ---”

“Remember when I had to do research for that family tree project at school?”

“Vaguely,” Gabe answered. “But that was ---”

“A long time ago,” she said, cutting him off once again. “I know. I’m sorry.”

“And – your mom?”

“Haven’t talked to her,” Chloe said truthfully. “But Trevor, Kim, and Jake answered a bunch of my questions, and we kind of became…friends – sort of.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah,” she said again. “Listen, Dad, I know that you probably don’t want me talking to them, and I totally understand, but ---” Gabe shook his head and held up a hand.

“It’s fine. Really.”

“What?”

“Chloe, you know that your mom and I have some – problems – after what happened. But, I never wanted to keep you away from her or her side of the family. It just kind of worked out that way since they’re scattered all over the world except here.”

“I ---” Chloe paused in shock, “oh.”

“I feel bad that you didn’t think you could confide in me about it,” he said, pulling the guilt strings in Chloe’s heart, “But, I think it will be good for you to get to know some of your other relatives.” Gabe gave her a consoling grin that made her feel considerably more at ease. She smiled at him.

“Thanks, Dad.”

He stepped closer and they gave each other a small hug. When they pulled away, they smiled meagerly at each other.

“You first,” Gabe said knowingly. Chloe nodded.

“They’re coming for a visit,” she said. Gabe’s eyes widened and Chloe’s hands flew out, waving frantically in front of her. “They’re not staying here; they’re going to be in Metropolis.” Gabe let out a breath of relief and Chloe almost chuckled, but bit her lip to prevent her from doing so. “I’d still like to see them though.”

“Of course,” Gabe responded. “Just – be careful. From what I’ve heard of your Aunt Trish’s kids, they can be a wild bunch. I’m not sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.” Chloe smiled at him.

“I can take care of myself.”

“As witnessed by your numerous stays in the hospital over the past three years,” he said dryly.

“All of which were due to some sort of meteor-related person or activity,” she countered. Gabe rolled his eyes and Chloe smiled at him. “So, what did you want to tell me?”

“Oh – um – I don’t suppose I could talk you into Chinese again – or maybe pizza?” he asked. Chloe furrowed her brow.

“I thought Lana was cooking tonight,” she said. Gabe winced and understanding dawned on Chloe’s face. “Gotcha. Yeah, no problem. You want me to call?” She watched her father smile gratefully and she let out a small laugh.

“Aargh! You stupid bitch! He’s not yours!” Lana yelled from the other room. Gabe and Chloe’s heads both turned in Lana’s direction.

“You’d better not have started that without me,” Gabe warningly called out and started walking back into the room he had come from earlier.

Chloe shook her head again and snickered to herself.

‘So what if my life sucks? At least I have entertainment.’

Chapter 3

A/N: It gets graphic here, so just remember that you were warned.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Five days earlier…

“Well, here it is, Mr. Luthor,” a young man said, handing a file folder and a capped bottle of beer to the man at the desk in front of him. “It took a little longer than anticipated, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.”

“Hmm,” was the only response that came from Lionel’s lips as he perused the documents in the file. “I don’t see any practical studies in here.”

“Oh, no - of course not. I mean, if you look at the simulation results, you’ll see that it would be much too dangerous for us to do human experimentation,” the man answered with a nervous chuckle. Lionel glared at him and dropped the folder onto his desk. Steepling his fingers together as he leaned back in his chair, Lionel looked him straight in the eye.

“And what could have possessed you to think that this information would please me?”

“I – your theories about the meteor rocks have been proven. They have extremely varied, albeit dangerous, applications and ---”

“Mr. Dunnville,” Lionel interrupted in an authoritative, chilled tone. “I hired you for one reason and one reason only. You were to determine the effects that the meteor rocks would have on humans when they were brought into the alcohol fermentation process.” He paused and the man swallowed at the fire in his benefactor’s eyes.

“The computer simulations are just as good,” Dunnville nervously argued. “And because of that, surely you realize what a disaster it could be if the tainted beer ever made it to the general population. People would literally start behaving as if they believed they were dreaming – and people dream about things that they would never even think of acting on. The crime rates would shoot up to uncontrollable levels. Can you imagine how awful that would be?”

A broad smirk appeared on Lionel’s lips and Dunnville couldn’t help the shudder that shook his body.

“Ye-s,” Lionel said, stringing out the word for emphasis. “I can see how that might be a problem. Perhaps you should do the study on a more – controlled – segment of the population. A small town? Give away some free beer as part of a mock merchandising campaign, maybe?”

“But ---”

“I would hate to have to replace you so far along in the project, Mr. Dunnville,” Lionel said. Dunnville paled at the menacing threat lacing Lionel’s words; knowing very well that Lionel would simply have him killed and proceed how he wanted to anyway. He barely managed a nod at the evil man staring back at him.

“Yes, sir. That won’t be necessary, Mr. Luthor. I’m sure I can find a suitable community in which the increased amount of criminal behavior won’t look too much out of place.” Lionel let out what could only be described as a cackle.

“You’re in luck, Mr. Dunnville. I know just the place.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Two days earlier…

Lex tossed and twisted in the expensive sheets that covered his bed as he writhed in his fitful sleep. For the last several months, his dreams had been filled with the one woman he knew he could never have; the one woman who didn’t care anything about his money or power, or seemingly him in general. Chloe Sullivan. His once best friend’s best friend - although he had heard that she and Clark weren’t getting along all that well these days either.

His head shot up from his pillow, his body covered in a sheen layer of sweat as he panted heavily at the images that his mind had just projected. Even in his dreams he knew that he couldn’t have her and this one was no different. He had been having a nice conversation with her at the Talon, filled with their usual banter, when he had finally made a move and kissed her.

She pushed away from him and looked at him like he was a monster. Clark came in and grabbed her arm, yanking her out of sight. He had cruelly mocked Lex, telling him that she would never love him; that *he* was the only man Chloe would ever love, because *he* was good, decent, and true, and didn’t have pure evil coursing through his body.

Lex had gotten angry and twisted a green-stoned ring around on his finger, making sure it hit Clark’s face as he punched him. Clark yelped in pain and fell to his knees as the veins under his skin popped up with a green tinge to them. He looked at Lex in surprise and then in horrified understanding as Lex had picked up Chloe and thrown her over his shoulder, her tiny fists pounding into his back as she screamed for him to let her go. He refused.

The dream flitted to a room at Clark’s house. The room varied from dream to dream, and sometimes it wasn’t a room at all, but it was always on the Kents’ property; a way of claiming her by proving to Clark that she only belonged with Lex, no matter where she was. He brought her down to her feet and placed his hands on her hips, his grip tight so that she wouldn’t be able to run away. His mouth captured hers in a fevered, one-sided passion as he backed her toward the bed.

She pleaded with him not to do it as he hastily ripped off their clothing and positioned himself between her legs. She told him that Clark was wrong and that she could forgive him if he would just let her go. The words he said in every dream echoed once again through Lex’s mind.

‘I can’t - you’re mine.’

He thrust into her in one feral movement, his body practically reaching climax at the sensation of ripping through her maidenhead. He tried to ignore her tears and whimpered pleas to stop as he moved his mouth against her neck, biting and sucking the soft skin in rhythm with his lower body. His fingers trailed down her stomach to her curls and he delicately searched for the bundle of nerves that he knew would make her come.

Chloe clenched her jaw and Lex knew she didn’t want the release, at least not how he was trying to give it to her.

‘Please…stop…’

He pumped harder and faster into her body until he could feel her inner walls start to clamp around his cock. Her body shook with her orgasm, but instead of a scream of ecstasy, she released a full sob of tears in disbelief over what he had just done to her. Lex pushed a few more times until he shuddered, releasing himself into her body. He peppered her jaw with small kisses, wiping away the trails of wetness with his thumb. His mouth moved to her ear.

‘You won’t ever be able to leave me now. I’ve made sure of it.’

And that was where the dream ended; leaving a very awake and very frightened Lex in its wake. He closed his eyes for a second as he breathed in large gulps of air and then he ran to the bathroom to throw up.

He turned the knob on the sink and ducked his hands into the icy water flowing from the faucet. It splashed over his face and his head as his hands kept throwing the water at him. Finally he stopped, turned the sink off, and stared at his petrified expression in the mirror. To have a nightmare was one thing; to have different variations of it night after night was another; to have it feel so right when he was inside her in the dream was yet another. Lex groaned and reached for a towel to dry himself off. He didn’t know how much more of this he could take.

He had been fairly successful at covering up any emotions that he might have whenever he saw her, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to for much longer. He had seen her earlier that day at the Talon, talking to a good-looking young man around his age, maybe a couple of years younger, who seemed engulfed in his conversation with her. It had taken every morsel of Lex’s strength to not go over to their table and rip the boy’s head off.

Instead, he had managed to give her a polite greeting; one which she returned with a bright smile. He shivered inside at his own animalistic dream behavior toward her. Even if she had been shocked by his advances, and even if Clark had come and mocked him, it was no excuse for taking her the way he did; for treating her the way he did. Still, when he heard her laugh from his table, he had looked over to see her and her male companion exchanging words that he couldn’t hear, but he wished that he was saying to her.

Lex shook off the memory and walked to his closet; his hand automatically reaching out for a turquoise-blue silk dress shirt, simply because Chloe had once mentioned how nice it was and that it went with his eyes. He knew she was probably just saying it as an everyday compliment and that she held no hidden regard for him, but his life was quickly becoming something he considered to be pathetic and he needed even the smallest thing to hold on to. To believe that some day, maybe he could get her to notice him the way that he had been noticing her.

His head turned at the sound of his cell phone ringing from the small table in his room. He sighed and walked over to it as he buttoned up his shirt. Was it so wrong to hope? He pushed the thought out of his mind. Lex knew that he was becoming obsessed and that it was more than a dangerous road to walk down, especially when he had the money and power to keep him from facing the consequences of any actions he might take. He picked up the phone and turned it on, briskly raising it to his ear.

“Luthor.”

“Hey Lex, it’s Clark.”

Lex’s free hand balled up into a fist, his feelings from the dream carrying over into his emotional state of the morning.

“Clark,” Lex said curtly. “What can I do for you?”

“Well, I don’t know if you heard, but my parents are going out of town this weekend ---”

“Uh-huh,” Lex replied without interest.

“And Pete talked me into having another party,” Clark said somewhat sheepishly, but still with barely contained glee. “So, I was thinking, we haven’t been able to hang out too much lately ---”

‘For a reason,’ Lex thought.

“I thought you might like to come over. You don’t have to stay long or anything, because I know it’s not your regular scene, but ---”

“I don’t know, Clark. My schedule is pretty hectic this weekend,” Lex lied.

“Oh – yeah. Yeah, I totally understand,” Clark said. Lex let out a small sigh and ran his hand over his head.

“It’s not a ‘no’ Clark. I just don’t want to make a promise that I might not be able to keep.”

“Well, it’s on Saturday night starting at eight,” Clark said. “If you come, that’d be great. If not, no big deal. Okay?”

“Okay.” Lex paused for a second, his thoughts filling with the possibility if not probability that Chloe might be there as well – with or without whomever the guy he saw her talking to. “Clark?”

“Yeah?”

“I think I’ll be able to make an appearance.”

Chapter 4

One day earlier…

Chloe slithered her hands up his muscular chest until they wound around the back of his head and neck, pulling him down to her. She peppered his jaw with small, teasing kisses until she reached his ear, where she darted her tongue out to trace the shell. She blew lightly and he closed his eyes as she felt him shiver at her actions.

“Tell me you love me,” she whispered.

“I love you. God, Chloe ---”

“I love you too.”

“What about Clark?”

“He means nothing to me. Nothing,” she breathed, nuzzling her face against his neck. He pulled back just enough so she could see that his eyes had become dark pools of desire. Lex slammed his mouth down against hers with a furious and unrestrained passion. When they pulled apart to breathe, taking in large draws of air, they smirked at each other.

He palmed her face and she leant into his touch. She felt alive, loved, and…vengeful. Chloe slid her left hand down to the small of her back, and when it came back into sight, the large emerald-cut green stone of her ring matched the color of the lob of rock clutched in her hand.

“You still think I care about him more than you?” she asked. Lex’s smirk only deepened. “You and I – we’re destiny, Lex.” Clark appeared in the doorway, frowning disapprovingly at the two of them. She held the rock out to Lex in an open hand, shielding her treasure from Clark’s view with her body, waiting for Lex to take it. “Show him we’re destiny.”

Lex clasped his hand around the rock and in one swift movement, Chloe stepped to the side and Lex hurled the rock at Clark like it was a baseball. Clark screamed in agonizing pain, the tint of his skin turning a shade of green as he grabbed at his stomach on the floor.

Lex and Chloe ignored his cries and eyed each other with renewed desire and passion. They kissed and Lex lifted her up to wrap her legs around his waist. The sound of a zipper echoed through the small room as Chloe slid her tongue along his lips.

“My sweet…dark…prince…” Chloe murmured against his mouth, raising herself up only to slam herself back onto him, impaling herself on his shaft. They both moaned; their sounds of pleasure the only ones in the room now that Clark lay on the floor in an unconscious heap. Both of their eyes darted over to their former friend and then back to each other. They grinned and captured each other’s mouths as Lex continually pumped into her and she met him thrust for thrust.

“Mine,” Lex rasped out, backing her against the wall. Chloe closed her eyes in sheer pleasure.

“Yours.”

Chloe’s eyes shot open from her dream. The same one, or at least a similar version of the one, that she had been having for the last couple of weeks. Her heart pounded quickly against her chest and her breathing was rapid and uneven. She forced herself to take one steadying deep breath and then crawled out of her bed. She wandered down the hallway to the bathroom, pleased to see that it was unoccupied.

She thought with her cousins visiting that she would have been able to shake the disturbing images that haunted her sleeping hours, but it wasn’t so. And of course, she hadn’t confided in anyone; not with the specifics at any rate. She shook her head when she could practically imagine telling Lana what she had been dreaming.

‘Hey Lana. You know how you wanted to do a dream analysis on those weird dreams I’ve been having? Yeah, they’re about me and Lex killing Clark with a meteor rock and then fucking against some wall in an unknown bedroom. So, what do you think that means exactly?’

“Yep. That’d go over *really* well,” she muttered sarcastically to herself as she splashed her face with cold water and then looked at her reflection in the mirror. She had managed to hide behind a forced smile when she saw Lex at the Talon the day before, and thankfully Trevor had been with her, so she didn’t need to banter with the man who she had been having sex with in her dreams. The few times she cast a glance over at Lex, he had looked like he was ready to kill her cousin; but she had pushed away the thought, rationalizing that the emotions from her dreams must be seeping their way into her real life.

“Hey,” a cheery voice came from the open doorway, snapping Chloe out of her thoughts. “You’re up early.” Chloe turned her head ever so slightly and managed a wince of a grin at Lana, whose face fell at Chloe’s demeanor. “Uh-oh. Another bad dream, huh?”

“Not ‘another’,” Chloe said, “the *same* bad dream.”

“Chloe – I really wish you would tell me about it,” Lana said, giving her friend a compassionate expression as she took a couple of steps into the bathroom. “I’ve had lots of experience with nightmares because of what happened to my parents. I even got a book a couple of years ago to help me make sense of them,” she said and then looked at Chloe hopefully. “We could go through it together. Figure out what your subconscious is trying to tell you.” Chloe let out a small, sour chuckle and then shook her head.

“It doesn’t mean anything, Lana. Sometimes dreams are just dreams.”

“Yeah, but if you’re having a recurring dream ---” Lana trailed off when Chloe yawned tiredly. “Maybe you should go back to sleep.”

“Can’t,” Chloe said. “I need to put the Torch to bed this morning because I made the mistake of telling Trevor that today was a half-day at school.”

“Whoops,” Lana said with a tiny giggle. “I like your cousins though, they’re --- lively.” Chloe laughed.

“That’s one way of putting it.”

“Just don’t let them keep you up too late tonight,” Lana teased.

“Tomorrow night’s the problem,” Chloe said almost absently, immediately regretting that she had let the words slip from her mouth in her tired haze. Lana’s brow furrowed.

“Why? I’m sure Clark’s party won’t run too late.”

Chloe sighed and ran a hand through her messy blonde hair.

“I’m not going to Clark’s party. We’re just not getting along very well and ---”

“I thought you guys worked things out?”

“Apparently not,” Chloe said somewhat bitterly. “Anyway, the gang’s taking me clubbing with them in Metropolis tomorrow night.” Lana’s eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped open slightly in surprise.

“Chloe! You can’t go to those clubs! You’re underage!”

“So?”

“Chlo-e,” Lana said, stringing her name out with a warning whine.

“La-na,” Chloe imitated, mocking the girl’s tone. “Look, there’s going to be alcohol at Clark’s party too. Pete said that Tim’s brother or something works at that new microbrewery outside of town and is getting some kegs. So, what’s the difference if I have a couple of drinks at a club or if I have a couple of drinks at Clark’s party?”

“If you go to Clark’s party, then your friends will be there to look out for you.”

Chloe barely resisted the urge to snort; instead, opting for a light tilt of her head.

“And at the club, my cousins will be there to look out for me,” she said. “Now, if you’ll excuse me ---” she paused and gave Lana a nudge toward the door, “I got here first.” Lana rolled her eyes and smiled at her.

“Fine,” she said, giving up rather than fighting. “You want me to make a pot of coffee?”

“You even need to ask?”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Luthor,” Lionel said into the phone.

“Mr. Luthor – it’s Bob Dunnville.”

“Mr. Dunnville,” Lionel acknowledged. “I presume you have news regarding our most recent conversation?”

“Yes, sir,” the young man said. “We have isolated what we believe to be the perfect scenario in which to give the product a practical test.”

“And?”

“As you recommended, Smallville was a good choice. We’ve set up a warehouse on the outskirts of town to make it look like we’re producing the product there, and their crime rate already has several strange anomalies present. Nothing should be able to link the behavior back to us, sir.”

“That *is* good news. And how do you plan to begin?”

“There’s a party tomorrow at one of the high school student’s homes. We’ve spread a few rumors that someone who knows someone who works at our brewery is going to bring some kegs over.”

Lionel let out a delighted evil chuckle.

“Wonderful,” he said. “I couldn’t have planned it better myself. And the high school student’s name?”

“Um – hold on a second. I have it written down somewhere.” There was a slight lapse in the conversation and Lionel could hear Dunnville sifting through paperwork. “Ah – here it is. Clark Kent. Don’t suppose that rings any bells?” Lionel’s eyebrows rose thoughtfully.

“Indeed,” he said. “Well – this should prove to be a more interesting experiment than I originally thought.”

Chapter 5

That morning…

Lex’s breath hitched when he saw Chloe at the table across the room. Apart from him and Lana, she was the only other person in the establishment. Nary a boyfriend in sight, she was sitting by herself, clutching at her mug of coffee with both hands as she brought it to her mouth. He watched, transfixed as she parted her lips and closed her eyes, letting the scalding liquid slide against her tongue.

“Lex?”

Lex blinked and turned his head, only to find Lana’s eyes glittering back at him with amusement.

“I never thought I’d see the day when I’d catch Lex Luthor zoning,” she said in a light teasing voice. One corner of his mouth barely rose.

“Thinking, not zoning,” he corrected in a well-spoken lie. Lana’s gaze darted in the direction that he had just been staring off in and she frowned.

“I wish she would just let me help her,” Lana said. “She can be so stubborn sometimes.”

Lex’s brow furrowed slightly in concern.

“What does she need help with?”

Lana opened her mouth to speak and then closed it, embarrassment lining her face at realizing that she almost divulged one of her friend’s secrets.

“I shouldn’t say,” she finally said. “Oh – here’s your coffee,” she said with a fake smile, placing a large to-go cup of coffee in front of him. He nodded once and then, almost as if on auto pilot, he started walking toward Chloe. Lana cringed ever so slightly when she saw that he was headed in Chloe’s direction instead of out the door. ‘Shoot.’

For Lex’s part, he couldn’t explain the sudden drive that led him over to her table, to slide into the chair opposite her wordlessly when he had been all but avoiding her because of his dreams, but Lana said she needed help. He could help her. And maybe it would serve as a small piece of penance for the hurt he caused her in his nightmares. Chloe opened her eyes after swallowing another swig of coffee to see Lex sitting in front of her.

“Mr. Luthor,” she said as calmly as she could, though she suspected that her nervousness and awkwardness shown through.

“Miss Sullivan,” he greeted back in the same manner, almost matching her inflections identically.

“So, what brings you to my small corner of the world?” she asked, then allowed herself a small grin over the rim of her cup. “Besides the fact that you own it.”

“It’s been a while since we’ve spoken,” he answered nonchalantly. Chloe raised a skeptical eyebrow and he tilted his head a little to the side. “And Lana said something about you needing help, but being too stubborn to accept it,” he admitted, bringing his own cup to his mouth right away to try and wash away the words he had just spoken; knowing that if Chloe wouldn’t let Lana help her, then she sure as hell wouldn’t let him help her. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“That description fits half the people in the great state of Kansas,” she retorted, not bringing her eyes to meet Lex’s. Lex couldn’t help but let a small grin cross his lips and when Chloe ventured a glance up at him, she flinched. “She told you what it was, didn’t she?” Chloe let out a small grumbling noise and then slouched in her chair in defeat. ‘Unbelievable. Like it isn’t bad enough that ---’

“I’d rather hear it from you,” Lex interrupted her internal monologue. Chloe blinked in surprise. She was barely on friendly acquaintance terms with Lex and he was seriously asking her to spill her guts about what was going on in her life? Coupled with the fact that she had been having some very disturbing dreams where they always ended up…

“It’s nothing,” she lied a little too quickly and gave a shrug of her shoulders, hoping that his eyes would be drawn there instead of to the blush that was now gracing her cheeks. “What about you?”

“What about me?” he asked, trying to shove down the unsettling feeling that was growing in his gut. Chloe corrected her posture and narrowed her eyes slightly as she observed his body language.

“Nothing. Never mind,” she said. She had been about to launch into a theory she had formulated about savior complexes and how the person usually just seemed to be trying to avoid dealing with their own issues by helping other people deal with theirs, when something in Lex’s demeanor started to gnaw at her.

Here was a man, who if he did have issues, then they weren’t going to be the normal person angst sort of problems. They were going to be dark and twisted and fairly comparable to the nightmares she had been having. And if that was the case, then Chloe didn’t want to know.

She scooted her chair away from the table and gave him a small, uneasy smile as she stood up. Lex followed her lead and stood up as well, the manners he had been taught at boarding school still engrained in his being.

“I have to go,” she said, offering no excuse for her impending departure. “Good to see you again.”

“You too,” he said.

Lex watched her walk away and through the Talon’s front doors, the knot in his stomach twisting tighter and tighter. Apart from his own uncomfortable behavior, Chloe had no reason to be so jittery around him. Not that he was aware of anyway. He didn’t even notice Lana seemingly appear out of nowhere until she let out a small sigh.

“Looks like you didn’t have much luck either,” she said.

“You could say that.”

“I don’t see why she’s being so secretive,” Lana complained as she picked up Chloe’s empty mug and placed it on a tray. “I mean, I tell her *all* my bad dreams – even if they have her and Clark in them. It’s just better to get stuff like that out in the open so you don’t carry around hostility that you have no reason for. Don’t you think so?” Lex turned and gave Lana a disbelieving look when she finished rambling. “What?”

‘You tell Chloe your bad dreams about her and Clark? Are you a sadist?’ Lex thought and then shook his head slightly. “She didn’t mention that she was having bad dreams.” Lana nodded.

“For a couple of weeks now – although, *technically* it’s a recurring dream, not dreams plural,” she said. “I used to have one of those – after my parents died. And then after we got the letter saying that Whitney was really gone.” Her eyes started to water a little bit and she sniffled. “I think – I think it was just my subconscious trying to deal with everything. You know?”

Lex stared at her almost blankly, but offered her a curt nod of his head to let her know he was still listening. He hadn’t intended to even stay in the Talon that morning and certainly hadn’t planned on being ambushed into listening to Lana change the topic to her own life rather than what was going on with Chloe, but there was always the off-chance that Lana would start talking about her only girl friend and her problems again and Lex somehow felt compelled to stick around for it.

“I’ve been trying to talk her into letting me do a dream analysis,” Lana started again. “I have one of those books that says what different dreams are supposed to mean, but so far she won’t even tell me anything about the dream. The only thing I’ve sort of been able to get out of her so far is when she asked me whether I thought the meteor rocks could actually kill somebody when they weren’t being hurled at the planet.” Lana shook her head and then handed Lex his cup so she could wipe down the table. “But really, that could just have to do with all the research she does.” She paused for a moment and let a deeply concerned frown cross her lips. “All I know is that I found her sobbing after the first time she had the dream.” Lex blanched. She couldn’t be…it wasn’t possible…anything was possible in Smallville. “Now if that doesn’t scream ‘analyze me’, I don’t know what does.” Lex felt the overwhelming urge to vomit and Lana’s eyes widened as she turned to him and saw his face turn a pale shade of green. “Are you okay?”

He turned his head to look at her, taking small breaths to try and steady himself and will the nausea to go away.

“Fine,” he lied. “I – need to leave. I’ll come by for the books tomorrow, Lana,” he said hurriedly.

“Okay,” she said. “Are you going to come to Clark’s party tonight?”

“I ---”

“I’m still trying to talk Chloe into coming instead of going clubbing with her cousins in Metropolis, because with everything that’s happened with me and Clark, it would kind of be nice to have her there as a buffer. You know?”

“I didn’t realize her cousins were in town.”

“Visiting from Australia, but they’re staying in Metropolis. They’re kind of --- wild,” Lana said with a disapproving look. “I have a feeling that she won’t be safe with them if she goes with them tonight; but her dad is out of town and it’s not like she’s going to listen to me.”

“What about her boyfriend?” Lex asked, trying not to sound too suspicious. Lana blinked a couple of times in confusion.

“Chloe doesn’t have a boyfriend,” she answered, and before Lex could say anything about seeing Chloe there the other day with some guy, Lana came to the realization of what he was talking about. Her mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ and then she smiled. “You must be talking about her cousin Trevor. He was in here yesterday with her.” Lex nodded.

“Apparently I misunderstood,” he said, half of him cheering on the inside at the news. Lana rolled her eyes.

“Easy to do,” she said with a smile. “He’s kind of a flirt.” There was a slight pause as she fiddled with the rag in her hands and gave him a somewhat pleading look that he was sure would have turned Clark into a big pile of mush. “So --- the party?”

“Lana, I ---”

“Because if Chloe’s not going to be there, then I *need* someone to be a buffer between me and Clark. You’re the only other person I know who could pull it off,” she explained.

Lex was tempted to tell her that she wasn’t required to go, but he knew how she would take it. Despite not being a cheerleader for a few years, she was still one of the most popular girls in school and it would never do for her not to be seen at an event so large – let alone one that was being thrown by the boy she was supposed to be in love with.

“What about Pete?” Lex asked, arching his eyebrows when Lana’s look changed to one of discomfort.

“He’s – that’s not a good idea,” she stammered. “Besides, he’ll be too busy hitting on all the pretty girls.” Lex noted a hint of jealousy in her voice, but decided not to bring it up.

“I told Clark that I’d be there, but I don’t know what time or for how long,” he finally said. Lana smiled gratefully at him.

“Thanks Lex.”

He nodded once and reached for the door.

“Keep trying to talk to Chloe though,” he said. Lana smiled and nodded, and Lex could tell that she was thinking that he had either taken a concern in the ‘buffer’ situation or was worried about Chloe going out with her cousins. He decided to let her live with her delusions. It was easier than the truth.

Chapter 6

A/N: Okay, back in the current timeline.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe balled her hands up into fists as the car neared the Kent farm.

“I can’t believe I let you talk me into this,” she grumbled half under her breath. Her cousin Kim reached forward from the back seat and wrapped her arm around her shoulders in a quick hug.

“It’ll be fun!” she said encouragingly. Chloe shook her head.

“If by fun you mean excruciatingly heartbreaking, then yes. It’ll be a blast,” she said, her bitter and angry words slurred from her alcohol consumption at the clubs they had been to earlier that evening.

“You’re looking at it the wrong way,” Jake said, leaning forward so he was resting his arms on his legs as he spoke to her. “You need to start seeing it as payback.”

“What?”

“You like this guy, right?”

“I did.”

“There you go,” Jake said. “Make him notice you – the outfit you’re wearing won’t hurt,” he paused and gave her a wink, “then start hitting on some other guy. Show him how it feels.”

“Listen to him,” Kim said and nudged the back of Chloe’s chair. “Jake’s the master when it comes to mind games.”

“Great,” Chloe said sarcastically.

“Don’t worry about it,” Trevor said from behind the wheel; his voice the only one whose speech wasn’t remotely slurred. “If we get there and you decide you want to leave, then we’ll leave. No big deal.”

Kim scoffed and crossed her arms.

“Speak for yourself,” she said. “Those clubs were a total waste of time with their watered-down drinks and I’m not going home until I’m off my face.”

Despite herself, Chloe started giggling and as Trevor pulled the car up along where the numerous others were parked, she wasn’t feeling as apprehensive about the party as she had been.

‘I don’t have to talk to Clark, I just have to make an appearance and then I can go home,’ she reminded herself mentally, part of her still hoping that Clark might finally notice that she was a female member of the species with the way she was dressed.

It didn’t take long for Chloe to realize that something was very wrong at the party. The people who were there were acting more than just drunk; they were acting like they were all on some form of hallucinogenic drugs. Kim snickered when she saw one of the girls from Chloe’s class attacking one of the jocks, first by shouting at him, then punching him, and then finally pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

“See? Now that’s what I’m talking about,” she said; a broad smile on her face as she headed toward one of the three kegs that had been set up on the yard. Chloe frowned. Even in her drunken state, her mind was working overtime to try and figure out what was going on. This wasn’t typical behavior even for the wildest parties in Smallville, and that included the rave in the caves where alien parasites took over people’s bodies. She felt a hand on the small of her back and turned her head to face its owner.

“You okay?” Trevor asked.

“Fine,” Chloe lied.

“You wanna leave? Because ---”

“And here we go,” Kim interrupted, coming back to Chloe, Trevor, and Jake with two large plastic cups of beer in her hands. She handed one to Chloe and kept the other for herself.

“Hey! What about me?” Jake asked.

“What about you? You’ve got two legs – use them,” she argued back.

“You brought Chloe a drink,” he pointed out.

“Girls stick together,” Kim said with a smirk. “Besides, just look at her. She obviously needs it more than you do.” She looked over at Chloe and motioned to the cup in her hands. “Well, go on – take a swig. You look like you need it.”

Chloe brought the cup up to her lips and tilted the cup upward, taking a long drink, gathering the artificial nerves she felt she needed for her impending confrontation with Clark.

“Mmm,” she hummed as she brought the cup back down. “That’s good.” Kim laughed and Jake shook his head slightly in amusement. He smiled and gave them a quick wave before heading off to get his own drink.

By the time Chloe had reached the middle of her beer, her head was starting to swim. She briefly attributed it to the fact that she was already well on her way to getting drunk by the time they got to the party, but soon every waking thought was pushed from her head and she found herself in the middle of one of her dreams.

‘I must have passed out,’ she thought, only to believe her theory to be confirmed when she saw Lex heading toward her. She gave him a wicked grin and dropped the cup as she walked toward him, completely unaware that he thought he was dreaming as well.

Lex grabbed her face and slammed his lips down punishingly against her own. Trevor’s eyes grew wide and he stepped forward to try and push the obviously drunk man away from his cousin.

“Hey - back off!” he ordered. Lex pulled away and growled at him, seeing Clark’s face instead of Trevor’s. “You can’t just ---” Trevor’s words were abruptly cut off by Lex turning the small, non-meteor encrusted ring on his finger and slamming his fist into Trevor’s face. Trevor wobbled on his feet, but he didn’t fall. “What the ---?” He trailed off, caressing his jaw with his hand as he watched Lex face Chloe again, seemingly going through some inner conflict.

Lex concentrated on his breathing, struggling to change the dream so he wouldn’t have to go through the torment of raping Chloe again.

“I ---” he started in a choked voice, “I can’t let you go, Chloe. You’re mine.”

Chloe stepped closer to him and ran her hands up his chest until they snaked around the back of his neck, pulling his head down to hers. She ran her tongue along his lips and his mouth immediately opened for her. Their tongues entwined, hot and wet as they slid against each other. She pulled back slightly to breathe and peppered his cheek with soft kisses until she reached his ear.

“Tell me you love me,” she whispered.

“I love you. God, Chloe ---”

“I love you too.”

“What about Clark?”

“What about Clark?”

Chloe and Lex both turned to see a very confused and suspicious looking Clark Kent standing behind them. Lex’s eyes darted to Trevor, but were unapologetic as he glanced back at Clark.

“What’s going on you guys?” Clark asked. Lex squared his jaw, readying himself for a fight over the woman he loved when he felt Chloe’s arms cling tighter to him.

“He means nothing to me. Nothing,” Chloe said against the crook of Lex’s neck. Lex leaned down and they kissed again, making Clark’s eyes threaten to pop out of his head. “You and I – we’re destiny, Lex.” Her hands moved to the button of his slacks and undid it, pulling down the zipper right afterward. “Show him we’re destiny.”

Lex kissed her and cupped her ass, bringing her legs to wrap around his waist. His hand drifted down under her skirt and pushed aside the thin string of material standing between them. She lifted her hips, positioning herself above his hard, throbbing cock. Their eyes locked and she thrust herself downward, impaling herself on his shaft.

Clark and Trevor looked on in horror and disbelief as Chloe and Lex started to have sex right in front of them.

“Shit,” Trevor mumbled and shook his head at Clark. “I didn’t think she was that drunk – honest.” Clark frowned and moved toward the couple, only to be stopped by a very familiar female form stepping in front of him. He placed his hands on Lana’s upper arms and was going to move her out of the way when she brought his face down to hers and kissed him almost fiercely. Trevor arched an eyebrow and then took a good look around at the rest of the partygoers.

He made a trail through the sea of people, noting that they all seemed to be involved in some sort of sexual activity or all out bloody brawl.

“I picked a hell of a night to pick the shortest straw,” he said to himself in reference to when he was chosen to be the designated driver for the evening. He found himself in front of the kegs with a stack of unused cups still out for the taking. He shook his head. He wanted to join in the fun, but he wasn’t going to leave his siblings, let alone his seventeen-year-old cousin at the party unattended. Not to say that he was going to get in the way of letting her screw the guy she was with either since they obviously had some sort of relationship that he just hadn’t been informed of.

Just then, he caught something out of the corner of his eye. Two men, and their ages weren’t the only thing that put them out of place. One of the men had a small digital camcorder and the other had a notebook and pen. If Trevor didn’t know any better, he’d say that they looked like scientists viewing the party as an experiment. One of them looked at Trevor and then quickly looked away guiltily. That did it. The sneaking suspicion that had wormed its way into Trevor’s gut was becoming more of a pain.

He walked over to the man with the camcorder and folded his arms across his chest. The man gave him a nervous chuckle and looked like he was getting ready to run away as fast as he possibly could.

“You – um – you’re not drinking?” he stammered. Trevor pursed his lips, seemingly towering over the man by only a few inches, but a much more toned and muscular build.

“Designated driver,” Trevor said coolly. “Now, why do I get the feeling that there’s more going on here than meets the eye?”

“I – uh ---”

“What’d you do? Spike the beer?”

“You don’t understand who you’re dealing with,” the man said, clearly not referring to himself or he wouldn’t have exuded the fear he did with the statement.

“Oh? And who is that?”

“I can’t say. Please, just ---”

Trevor reached out to grab the camcorder away from him, almost disconnecting the wire it was plugged in to. He gave him a scolding look and then furrowed his brow.

“Where’s the memory cartridge?” he asked, turning the metal around in his hands. The man shook his head.

“There – there isn’t one. It’s live feed.”

Trevor looked up at him.

“To where?”

Wow! This fic is FANTASTIC! Keep updating please! :chlexsign2:

Hey Kris, I think the last part get cut off.

“Lex,” Chloe returned. Lex noticed that she didn’t make an immediate effort to move away fro

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    grrr

thanks for letting me know

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Chapter 7

This part takes place the next morning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The soft, warm, naked body that his own was curved up tightly against was Lex’s first indication that something was off. Even in the wilder days of his youth, he never was out of it so much as to have sex with a woman and still be in her bed when the next morning. The only times that had ever occurred were during his brief and incredibly twisted relationships with Desiree Atkins and Helen Bryce, both of which had been over for a long time; primarily due to the fact that both had tried to kill him.

The truth was, after Helen’s betrayal, he had effectively stopped dating altogether; unwilling to place any small morsel of trust in anyone, unwilling to get hurt again. Until that one day several months ago when Chloe Sullivan had walked right up to where he sat at the Talon and sat across from him without being invited. She hadn’t given him any false apologies about how sorry she felt for him and what had happened.

Instead, she gave him a quirky smile over the rim of her coffee mug as their eyes met. And after she took the most erotic sip of coffee Lex had ever seen, she spoke.

“Ever consider marrying someone who *doesn’t* want to kill you?”

Lex had blinked in surprise, unable to come up with an immediate response, and she had given him a slight chuckle and shook her head so that some of her hair fell down across her face. He found the gesture oddly attractive and strangely comforting at the same time.

“Sorry. One of those days,” she said, but not really in an apologetic tone. Lex nodded and Chloe looked down at the cup on the table, seemingly unable to make eye contact with him for what she was about to say. “I quit working for him the second I found out that he and Helen had planned the entire ‘relationship’ from the beginning. I hope you know that I would never intentionally hurt you – even if we don’t know each other that well.”

He responded by reaching across the table and covering her hand with his, stunned by the jolt of electricity that traveled up his arm and through his body at the simple and innocent skin-to-skin contact.

A few nights later, he had started dreaming of her. The dreams started off as normal, healthy fantasies; only progressing into the disturbing versions he had been having for the last few weeks after his relationship with Clark had gotten progressively worse. Clark apparently hadn’t appreciated the fact that Lex had continued to investigate the car accident that brought on their first meeting, especially after he had told him not to. And now that Clark was trying to make an effort to repair their friendship, Lex found that he couldn’t care less.

If anything, he was feeling hostile and jealous toward Clark because of the most recent dreams he had been having. In his dreams, Clark would mock him; tell him that Chloe would never be interested in him because he wasn’t a good person; because in most respects, he was the villain. It pained Lex to hear Clark say the words, even if they were only in his head, but it hurt him more to admit their validity to himself. After a few brief sessions of browsing the internet, the most popular theories were that every person in your dreams represented a part of you in some fashion; and that you could alter the dreams if you tried hard enough.

And Lex tried – God knew he tried. Still, the same words poured out of his mouth last night, despite the change in location. Something different had happened though. Chloe had responded to him. It had been the best dream he had in a long time.

Lex slowly let his eyes open, squinting when the light filtering in through the slits in the wall hit his eyes. He frowned. The second indication that something was wrong was the fact that he and the seemed to be lying naked on a couch in what looked like Clark’s fortress of solitude. The blonde next to him murmured something and started to roll over. Lex lifted his arm ever so slightly, allowing her to turn so he could see her face. His mouth dropped open when he saw that it was Chloe. She snuggled up against him, resting her head on his chest and one leg on top of his own as she continued to sleep.

His arm tightened around her and she let out a soft sigh of pleasure. Lex’s heart started to beat faster, pounding against his chest to the point where he was surprised that it didn’t wake Chloe up. She started to stir, stretching out an arm across him as she yawned and started to lift her head. Lex could see the confusion on her face as she took in her surroundings. She lifted her head a little, her eyes growing wide when she realized where she was and who she was with.

“Chloe,” Lex said, hoping to God that she wouldn’t get up as quickly as she could and run screaming away from him. They had obviously both had too much to drink the previous night and ended up sleeping together, but she might not give him a chance to explain that it wasn’t just a casual fuck for him – even if he couldn’t remember it. The only thing he *could* remember was his incredibly intense dream the night before.

“Lex,” Chloe returned. Lex noticed that she didn’t make an immediate effort to move away from him and he took it as a good sign. When she did start to move, she only sat up on the edge of one of the couch cushions instead of trying to run away. Her eyes darted around the loft and Lex realized she was searching for her clothes. He sat up as well and touched her arm.

“We should ---”

“I thought it was a dream,” she said, cutting him off. “God, Lex – I never would have ---” she trailed off and took a deep breath before she continued. “I’m sorry,” she said in little more than a whisper.

“For?”

Chloe turned her head slightly to face him, embarrassed and a little confused.

“I obviously got drunk and --- I seriously thought I was dreaming. I can’t believe that I just walked up to you and made you ---”

Lex reached up and cupped one side of her face with his hand, swiftly bringing his own lips to brush against hers. He pulled back before the kiss could deepen, checking for Chloe’s reaction before he did anything. She furrowed her brow.

“You didn’t *make* me do anything, Chloe.”

Chloe let out a sour half chuckle.

“I ---”

“And I thought it was a dream too.”

“What? Why would you dream about ---?”

Lex cut her off, kissing her again. The kiss was more insistent this time, his tongue darting out to trace along the crease of her lips, silently pleading for entry. Chloe opened her mouth, sliding her own tongue against his as they entwined their arms around each other and he slowly leaned her back on the couch. When they pulled apart to breathe, he hovered over her.

“Why would you?” he asked. Chloe was confused for a second until she remembered what she had asked him before they started kissing. A pink hue rose to her cheeks and she turned her head to the side to try and avoid eye contact. He dipped his head, pressing his lips against the smooth skin of her exposed neck before tracing circles on it with his tongue and lightly grazing it with his teeth. Chloe’s eyes fluttered shut as he started to suck at her neck, first gently, but then with increased pressure.

Her breathing became ragged and she repositioned her legs so he could settle between them. Lex kissed his way down to her collarbone and then to her breasts. Chloe’s hands flew up to his head when he captured one of her nipples between his lips.

“Lex,” she breathed, beginning to writhe against him as he suckled her and teased her other nipple with his fingers. His free hand drifted down her stomach to her curls and Chloe practically jumped when she felt him press his thumb against her clit. Her eyes lolled back in her head as he swept his thumb back and forth across her bundle of nerves, all the while continuing his attention to her breasts. Chloe’s nails raked absently across Lex’s scalp and he shivered in pleasure on top of her. He lifted his head, making eye contact with her before slowly inserting a long finger to see if she was ready for him. Chloe’s hips bucked and she whimpered when she saw him pull the finger out and bring it to his mouth to suck it clean.

He leaned down to kiss her again, his tongue immediately plunging into her mouth almost cruelly. He pulled back for a second before moving his mouth to her ear.

“Tell me you love me,” he said in a husky, hushed voice. He could feel her hot breath against him and could sense her hesitation without looking at her face. “It wasn’t a dream, Chloe. Tell me you love me.”

“I ---” she started nervously and then licked her lips, “I love you.” He kissed her again, positioning his cock at her warm, wet entrance before pulling his mouth away from hers.

“I love you too.”

He thrust into her, the pleasure of her slick, tight channel threatening to make him come almost upon entry. Chloe gasped and Lex pulled back slightly before moving into her again. He developed a slow rhythm and her legs wrapped around his waist to give him more access. Lex let out a groan and sped up his thrusts, going faster and deeper each time, moving around until he found the spot that made her scream.

He remembered the angle and kept hitting the spot as he continued to pump into her. Chloe dug her nails into his back, her full blown screams turning into large moans of pleasure like she had never felt before. Her stomach started to warm with a tingle and it spread through her body. Her vision went cloudy and her body started to shake with release as she screamed his name at the top of her lungs.

Her walls clamping around his cock, quivering as her orgasm rolled over her, was enough to push him over the edge. The last of her climax milked him for all he was worth and he groaned her name loudly before panting against her as he collapsed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lionel pursed his lips as the audio/visual technician in front of him rewound the tape again.

“There,” Lionel said, pointing to the part where he wanted him to stop. “Can you clear out the background noise so I can hear what these two are saying?”

The technician pushed a few buttons and started to play the tape with the new parameters.

“Clark, I love you. But I can’t be with someone who won’t be honest with me. I know there’s something different about you. Why won’t you tell me what it is?”

“Lana – I ---”

“You – um – you’re not drinking?”

“Designated driver.”

“I thought you said you could filter out the other sounds,” Lionel said accusingly. The technician shook his head.

“The other two voices were too close to the mic,” he explained. “And if you’ll notice, the guy on camera here,” he paused and pointed at Trevor, “pulls the live feed wire in a minute.”

“I’m aware of that,” Lionel said coolly. He set his jaw as he glared at the screen. “There’s no way we can find out the rest of what the other boy was saying?” The technician frowned.

“Maybe, but it’ll take a while – and even then there’s no guarantee.”

Lionel grunted in displeasure.

“See what you can do.”

Chapter 8

A/N: There’s a disturbing twist coming up at the end of this chapter. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lionel narrowed his eyes at the screen as he tried to make out the blurred activity behind Clark and Lana. If his so-called technical experts couldn’t make the conversation between them clear, then perhaps a couple of the local teens who overheard it could enlighten him – given the proper incentive of course. He pursed his lips in frustration and pointed at the screen.

“Zoom in on the couple behind them,” he ordered. The technician did the best he could, but Clark’s massive form was primarily blocking the couple out. Lionel was almost ready to give up, exhausted from having to deal with people he considered to be completely incompetent, when he caught a glimpse of a familiar bald head come into focus. “It can’t be,” he mused aloud, his eyes now fixed to the screen in a desperate effort to confirm what he had just seen.

Confirmation came less than a minute later when Clark stepped to the side and Lex was in plain view with a beautiful blonde woman’s legs wrapped around his waist. The image only lasted a split second, but it was enough to cause a sinister smirk to crawl across Lionel’s lips.

“My, my,” he said to himself.

He wasn’t surprised that he hadn’t seen his son on the tape before. The image was only fleeting and he had been focused on Clark and Lana’s conversation rather than what was going on in the background of the party. But now, now he had a first hand witness to the heated discussion along with a considerable piece of blackmail should his son choose not to cooperate out of his own free will.

“Is that ---?” the technician trailed off, tilting his head at the screen as he rewound the tape in slow motion.

“My son,” Lionel confirmed, his face completely taken over by a pensive expression as he stared at the monitor. After a minute, he finally spoke again. “Get out the earlier tapes.”

“Sir?”

“I want to see if my son had anything to drink last night.”

~*~*~*~*~

“Crap.”

“What’s wrong?”

Chloe held up the small skirt she had been wearing the night before, now donning a solid rip down the back of it.

“How am I supposed to get home if I have no clothing?” she asked, more to herself than to Lex.

“It’s probably better that your dad didn’t see you come home in that anyway,” Lex commented, a light smirk lighting up his face as he pulled up his slacks.

“Dad’s out of town,” Chloe replied off-handedly, her attention still on her skirt to see if there was any conceivable way that she could salvage it. “Maybe if I could find some safety pins…”

“I doubt you’ll need to resort to that.”

“So says the man whose clothing is still intact.”

“Actually,” Lex said, holding up his dress shirt so Chloe could see that all of the buttons had been ripped off. She blushed slightly and ducked her head to try and cover it. “In any respect, I was referring to the fact that I can probably ask Clark for something of his mom’s.”

There was a panicked pause in the conversation as both of them were stricken with a singular thought.

“Clark,” they said at the same time. Neither of them had given much thought to the fact that Clark and Trevor had seen them start having sex in the middle of the party until that point. Chloe’s face fell and it looked like she was going to be sick.

“Oh, God.”

“Chloe ---”

“Oh, God,” she said again. Lex watched as she started to pace back and forth in a pair of black lacy panties with a matching bra.

“It’ll be okay,” Lex assured her, trying to push aside his mixed feelings of lust and jealousy.

“It won’t,” Chloe responded, shaking her head, but still pacing. “He’s going to hate us – or hate you anyway. He already hates me.”

Lex wrapped his arms around her from behind and leaned down to kiss the crook of her neck. He noticed that Chloe’s breathing started to calm down and he made no effort to move from his position.

‘For her,’ he inwardly reasoned. “Better?”

“Be---”

“Chloe?” Chloe’s eyes snapped open and her body stiffened at the sound of Clark’s very startled voice. “Lex? Oh, my God.” Clark turned his head and looked down, still seeing the image of Chloe and conveniently blocking out Lex, fresh in his mind even though he had turned away. “Um ---”

Chloe took a deep breath and then gnawed on her lower lip nervously. She couldn’t have imagined a worse scenario for a nightmare if she tried.

“I ---”

“Do you think your mom has anything that will fit Chloe?” Lex interrupted, furious at the way Clark had been openly gawking at Chloe just a second ago, and determined to get her out of there as quickly as he could.

“I --- maybe,” Clark said, glancing back at the couple. He swallowed hard as his eyes raked over Chloe’s scantily clad form. Lex cleared his throat and Clark colored in embarrassment. He shoved his hands into his pockets and then gave Chloe a bashful smile, concentrating gully on keeping eye contact with her while he spoke. “You wanna come look?” Lex growled and Clark’s eyes widened. “Through her closet I mean? Because I don’t know your size,” his eyes subconsciously drifted down to her breasts, “or anything.”

“I don’t know,” Chloe said. “Maybe I should just bite the bullet and call Lana to have her bring something over.” Her tone was unsure and she was covering herself with her arms as much as possible. Just a few months ago and her ego would have swelled if Clark had looked at her like that – lustful, barely in control – but now it seemed awkward and uncomfortable, and she couldn’t wait to get as far away from Clark as she possibly could.

“She might not be home yet,” Clark said, snapping her out of her thoughts. Chloe raised an eyebrow, pushing down the familiar twinge of jealousy she felt with his feelings. “She got really sick last night and Trevor took her to the hospital to have her stomach pumped.”

“O-kay,” Chloe strung out, “not what I was thinking. And why didn’t *you* take her?”

“We’re --- not really getting along right now,” Clark said. Chloe looked at him skeptically and Clark frowned as he turned his eyes to the floor. “We kind of had a fight last night, she stormed off, and then she slept with Pete.” He said the last part with his words pushed together so Chloe and Lex weren’t sure of what they had heard.

“What?” Lex asked. Clark sighed.

“She slept with Pete, okay? And from the way they were acting, it looks like it’s been a long time coming.”

‘Way to go Pete,’ Chloe inwardly cheered, forcing herself not to scream the words aloud and only hoping that her smile wasn’t too broad.

“Listen, there’s something you guys should know,” Clark said, focusing on Lex instead of Chloe so he wouldn’t risk staring at her body again and losing his train of thought. Lex looked at him questioningly and Clark continued. “Trevor – he caught some guys with cameras here last night.” Chloe’s eyes grew large and full of worry. She pushed them shut and sucked in a breath.

“Please tell me you’re joking,” she said.

“Sorry,” Clark apologized. “And it only gets worse. Apparently they were hooked up to some sort of live feed. I haven’t been able to figure out who would do something like that, but it looks like they tainted the beer somehow too. I don’t know with what, but it made everybody go crazy.”

“Not everybody,” Lex said pointedly.

“Well, I wasn’t drinking,” Clark said, missing Lex’s insinuation. “And neither was Trevor – thank God.” When he noticed Chloe and Lex both shooting him quizzical looks, he rushed to explain. “If he had been drinking then we never would have found out about the cameras – or the beer. Anyway, it looks like people just thought they were dreaming or something, so I ---” Chloe’s groan cut him off.

“Please, *please* tell me that you didn’t just let people go home thinking that they had dreamt the whole thing,” she said. Clark opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it again, opting for an expression that made him look like a child who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Chloe groaned again and let her head fall forward.

“Look, it’s not that bad,” Clark said in a reassuring voice as he took a couple of steps toward her. Chloe followed suit and tried to step toward him as well, only to have Lex’s grip around her waist tighten, reminding her all to well what she was barely clothed in. Clark gave her an almost pleading look and Lex’s grip on her tightened yet again, until her back was flush against his chest.

“Clark?” Lex asked, bringing the younger man’s attention back to him. Clark furrowed his brow in confusion and Lex squared his jaw. “The clothes?” Clark opened his mouth in understanding and then gave Lex a small nod.

“I’ll ---” his eyes traveled the length of Chloe’s body again, almost as if they had a will of their own, and he quickly turned his head away. “I’ll go look for something – stay here!”

Chloe rolled her eyes as Clark sped off.

“Like I’m going to go anywhere looking like this,” she mumbled under her breath.

“Chloe,” Lex started, relinquishing his hold on her so she could turn around in his arms. He searched her face for any sign that she might be mooning over Clark and was astonished to find none.

“What?”

“You and Clark ---”

The corners of Chloe’s mouth lifted into a pleasantly surprised smile and she ran her hands up Lex’s still bare chest. When they reached his shoulders, she leaned closer to him, raising herself onto her tiptoes so she could brush her lips against his already bent down head.

“There is no ‘me and Clark’.”

Lex grinned against her lips before kissing her, driving his tongue into her mouth as their embrace became more passionate.

Clark stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Chloe’s voice. He stared up at the loft and he felt physically ill when he saw her kissing Lex. He shook his head slightly, trying to force the image out of his mind, hoping to God that he was just imagining it. He looked back and felt an unfamiliar tremor of anger and jealousy rack his body. His hands clenched into fists, forcing the dress he had grabbed from his mother’s closet to ball up.

His memory flitted back to the actual dream he had the night before, where his mind had replayed seeing Chloe and Lex together and he had replaced Lex’s image with his own. It hadn’t been the first time he had dreamt of Chloe in that manner, though it had been the first time since they had decided to just be friends, and having a real glimpse of what she was like in that kind of situation had been almost more than Clark could handle – especially since she hadn’t been that way with him, but with Lex.

For some reason, Lana sleeping with Pete bothered Clark less. He had suspected for a while that they had feelings for each other, but had been hoping that he was wrong. He wouldn’t begrudge them their happiness though, especially since Clark had all but told Pete that he wished that he and Lana could get past everything that had happened between them and just be friends.

He never said that about Chloe though. He hadn’t released his completely unofficial claim to her, nor did he have any plans to, especially now that he had that image of her firmly embedded in his mind.

‘There is no ‘me and Clark’.’

‘Not yet.’

Oh boy..this is so suspenseful..what with Lionel in the midst of all this plotting and now, Clark entering the fray...I can't imagine what it's gonna be like.

Yay! You put this back up...

Great story, I love angst if the plot is good, and this plot is great.

Waiting impatiently for more,
    Lily M. :sunny:

NS Full Member
    Brilliant! I love the plot for this fic, I can't wait for more :biggrin:

NightGlow
    Just a Guest!
    I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!I LUV THIS FIC!

The plot is so original, as are all the twists and turns you've incorporated. It's a little scary, albeit, but that just adds a more intense tone to the entire story. Besides, I like to be shocked. And Clark is pleasingly annoying for some reason--all of the sudden I find myself loving hating him. Uggh, and Lionel as well.

PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE~PLEASE CONTINUE...

my own little world full of coffee and smut
    Holy Crap!!! This is wonderful!!!! Please update soon!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information