Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    it was sooooooo good!!!!!!

i want more....*rubs up against your leg purring*

now hurry, before sab sees me!

~B

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    “My throat *does* hurt a little....
    - “So-ooo many ways I could interpret that statement,”
    :lol: Does it say something about me that I was thinking exactly the same thing that Chloe implied? :newdevil:

i alternate from nc17 fanfiction forum to la la land...
    woah...now lex is in for it.... love it!!!
    i do so like green eggs and ham
    i do so like them...sam i am
    –Dr Seuss “Green Eggs And Ham”--

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    “Seeing as how you don’t look nearly as shocked as I was when I viewed the tape, I’m going to wager that this wasn’t the first time you two have…been together,” Lionel said with a light smirk. “I can’t help but feel a little hurt that you didn’t tell me. How long have you two been ---?”

Lex stared at the screen in front of him, carefully guarding his expression so his father wouldn’t see the combination of anger and arousal that now coursed through his system. He pursed his lips ever so slightly and took a couple of steps to eject the videotape from the machine. After retrieving what he was certain wasn’t the only copy, he turned to give his dad the best impassive look he could pull off.

“I don’t really think that’s any of your business, Dad,” he finally said. Lionel let a small smirk crawl across half of his mouth with Lex’s response, only serving to enrage Lex further, though he was able to keep up the false veneer of disinterest. “I’m so glad my personal life creates such a source of amusement for you,” he said sarcastically. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do.”

“On a Sunday?” Lionel queried, raising a mocking eyebrow at the same time. His son was obviously more agitated about seeing the tape than he was letting on. Lex let out a huff of air and observed his father with thinly-veiled aggravation.

“What do you want?”

“Actually,” Lionel said, his lips twisting into a sardonic grin, “I think I’ve already gotten what I came here for.”

“Way to go, Dad,” Lex replied with dry sarcasm. He was tempted to ask what Lionel had come there for yet again, but he had been through the game of carefully selected banter with his father on too many occasions to make the mistake of asking again so soon. It would make him appear anxious and weak, and that was something Lex couldn’t afford.

“Yes, I suppose a pat on the back *is* in order,” Lionel said, purposefully ignoring the tone with which Lex said his words. “Although, I must admit, I’m a bit surprised to find out that your relationship with Miss Sullivan wasn’t due to…outside circumstances.”

‘Leave it to him to admit something without actually admitting it,’ Lex thought, quickly followed with a bitter, ‘And to insult me in the process.’

“She always struck me as having an unrequited crush on your friend Clark,” Lionel prodded, pleased when he saw the muscles in his son’s jaw tense. “And she *did* have a drink at the party, so you can’t blame me for thinking that your…interaction…with her was chemically related. Though, admittedly, I should have sensed that there was something between the two of you when she quit working for me simply because she overheard me talking to your ex-fiancée.”

“Would this be one of the conversations where you two were conspiring to kill me?” Lex asked rhetorically, already suspecting what the answer was. Lionel gave a half roll of his eyes. “I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.” Lionel looked down at his closely-cropped, manicured fingernails as if he were inspecting them for dirt.

“Do you mind if I ask how long have you and Chloe been seeing each other?”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“*Yes*, I *mind*,” Lex clarified, giving his father a pointed look as he did so. “I already told you that it’s none of your business. *No* aspect of my personal life is your business. I’m not sure why you’d think you could get my answer to change in the space of three minutes, but I assure you it hasn’t.”

Lex turned back around and stared out the window. His dad was apparently going to be relentless about finding out about him and Chloe if he was willing to risk asking the same question again in such a short period of time, but for the first time in a long time, Lex didn’t feel victorious over having the upper hand in their battle. At that very moment, he was just desperately hoping that Lionel would just take his turned back as a hint and leave, but unfortunately knew from experience that he wouldn’t.

“You’re my son,” Lionel said in his best impersonation of a somewhat hurt and confused voice, not quite pulling it off because of the evident humor behind his words. “Is it so wrong for a father to ---”

“To *what*?!” Lex asked sharply, spinning back around on his heel and stalking a few paces toward Lionel. “To screw around with other people’s lives as if you have every right to dictate the kind of chaos that you’ve inflicted upon them? Most of the people at that party were *teenagers*, Dad, and most of their lives are going to be irreparably damaged, or at the very least changed, because of what you did. Did you ever even consider that before you started to play God?” Lionel met his angry stare head on.

“I hardly think I can be held responsible if the younger citizens of Smallville willingly choose to break the Law,” he said with mild amusement. Lex shook his head ever so slightly in disbelief, causing the corners of Lionel’s mouth to lift even more. “And you should know better than anyone that *God* is certainly not someone I’ve ever emulated in any fashion.”

Lex gave him a tight, bitter grin.

“Good point,” he conceded. After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Lex let go of a breath and searched his dad’s face for any clues to what he might be thinking. “What are you really doing here, Dad? Because if it was just to check on how your little experiment went, I’d say you have all the answers you need.” He held up the videotape and waved it a little. “So, what is it? Did you just come here for another round of trying to torment me?” Lionel tsked and shook his head, taking a step toward his son, but stopping when he saw the warning look in Lex’s eyes.

“Quite honestly, I was hoping we could put aside our sordid history and…work together,” he said. Lex let go of a sour laugh before he realized that his father wasn’t joking.

“You’re not serious?” he asked in disbelief. “You took over my company and you plotted with Helen to try and *kill* me. What made you think I’d lost enough of my mind to *ever* work with you?”

“Because, Alexander, I’m more convinced than ever that you and I are after the same thing.”

“Well, that’s peachy,” Lex said sarcastically, “but from what I’ve gathered, the world dominance thing is really only a one person gig.” Lionel’s eyes flickered with a mixture of amusement and angry frustration.

“That’s not what I was talking about, but I’ll be sure to keep that in mind when the day comes for you to try and overthrow me,” he said. Lex gave him a tight grin and then puckered his lips ever so slightly to rest his tongue in his cheek. “Of course, that day may come much sooner than you think if we work together.” Lex sighed and ran a hand over his smooth head. There was only so much more of his dad’s circular riddles he could take. “Do you want to know the truth about Clark Kent or don’t you?”

Lex’s eyes went straight to Lionel’s and his dad smiled when he saw the startled curiosity that sprung up there, only hampered by the remnants of friendship that Lex, for whatever reason, seemed to be holding onto.

“Isn’t that why you started dating Chloe?” Lionel continued. “Because you think she has the answers to the question you’ve been asking yourself for so long?”

“Is that why you hired her?” Lex bit back, inwardly congratulating himself for not taking his father’s bait and letting it slip that he actually loved Chloe more than Lionel would ever know. If Lionel even suspected that Lex’s feelings for Chloe ran as deep as they did, then Lex had no doubt that he would use those feelings against him to ensure that he got his way, regardless of who got hurt in the process.

“She didn’t tell you?” Lionel asked with a slight sneer. “Interesting --- perhaps your relationship isn’t on as solid foundation as you would have me believe.”

“If you’ll recall, I haven’t said *anything* about my relationship with her – or that I even *have* a relationship with her,” Lex countered. “Whatever you’ve concocted about the two of us has been ---”

“--- Proven,” Lionel interrupted with a smug grin, motioning with his head to the tape that Lex still clutched in his hand. It had taken a great deal of stubbornness, but he had finally come full circle and backed Lex into a corner. He was going to find out one way or the other – for certain – whether Lex had been influenced by his chemically altered beer the previous night or not.

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe tossed her head to the side on her pillow. A much needed nap was exactly what she needed after the previous night’s activities, but unfortunately, it wasn’t going quite as well as she had planned.

She had been letting the answering machine pick up any phone calls at the risk of having hell to pay once she listened to some of the messages, but Lana had been going into hysterics every ten minutes and whatever sleep Chloe had thought about getting had been thoroughly disrupted.

She turned onto her back and sighed as she heard Lana running to the bathroom yet again. Through her fits, Lana had somehow managed to convince herself that she was indeed pregnant and that the early warning signs, such as morning sickness, were already showing up in her body.

Chloe rolled her eyes before plucking the sides of the pillow and bringing them up to cover her ears so she wouldn’t have to listen to Lana gagging herself again. If it was something like an eating disorder, she might have been more understanding, but because it was due to a psychosomatic, non-existent pregnancy, Chloe was less than sympathetic.

‘Idiot,’ she thought as she heard the toilet flush yet again. ‘Only Lana would think that nausea would show up the day after conception.’ Chloe frowned and then cringed as she heard Lana dry-heaving through her house’s thin walls. ‘If she really is pregnant, then she’s moving in with Pete, because there’s no way I’m listening to *that* for the next three months.’

A knock came from the other side of the door and Chloe let out a small sigh.

“Come in.”

The door creaked open and Lana stepped through, closing the door behind her and then leaning against it. Lana looked like death and Chloe found that she couldn’t help it - she was tired, she was grumpy, and she couldn’t resist taking a jab at Smallville’s princess, even if she was her friend. She rolled onto her side and propped herself up on her elbow.

“I thought pregnant women are supposed to be all glow-y?”

Lana glared at her and started to shuffle toward her bed.

“I think that comes later,” she grumbled and flopped herself down, head first, on the end of the bed.

“Ah,” Chloe said, quickly hiding the smile that spread across her lips as Lana moved to look at her.

“Be honest,” Lana started.

“Okay – you look like crap,” Chloe said, the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth again. It wasn’t entirely teasing though. Lana looked worse than Chloe had ever seen her. Her face was pale and gaunt, the sweat from her brow moving across her scalp and into her normally beautiful hair to make it appear dirty and stringy.

“That’s not what I meant,” Lana said and rolled onto her back to stare at the ceiling. Even from her position, Chloe could see a delicate disturbed look cross Lana’s features. “I do?” Chloe laughed and Lana shook her head with a smile. “That’s not funny.”

“Okay, okay. So, what did you want me to be honest about?” Chloe asked, not bothering to mention that she really hadn’t been kidding. She saw Lana bring her hands to her stomach and barely resisted rolling her eyes.

“How do you think Pete is going to react?” Lana asked in a concerned voice.

‘Like you’re a head-case,’ Chloe thought to herself. “I don’t know, Lana, but I think you should wait until you have proof before you tell him.”

“The constant morning sickness isn’t proof enough?” Lana asked with wide-eyed horrific expression on her face. Chloe gave her a tight grin.

“You *could* just be having a reaction to having your stomach pumped last night,” she said in a tone that wasn’t too condescending. “Pete’s a good guy, and I think he’ll be cool either way, but you should make sure before you say something about it.” ‘Since you’re not,’ she thought. ‘Probably not what she wants to hear though.’ “You know, so you don’t get his hopes up or anything,” she finally said with a fake smile. Lana gave her a genuine smile in return and a weak nod of her head.

“Thanks, Chloe.”

“No problem.”

A second later, the formerly exhausted-looking Lana practically jumped off the bed and ran out of Chloe’s room for the bathroom once again. Chloe let out a loud sigh and lay back flat on her bed.

‘Yep. Definitely moving in with Pete.’ She paused for a half-second as an almost evil grin spread across her lips. ‘I wonder what his mom will think about that.’

TBC...

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    :lol: you updated. Chloe is so evil. :lol: Lionel is a sick bastard. He needs to be :die:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    “And you should know better than anyone that *God* is certainly not someone I’ve ever emulated in any fashion.”
    I really liked this line. Don't ask me why. Lionel is such a magnificent bastard. So glad you updated chica. Could you have Chloe smack some sense into Lana though. It would be much appreciated. :biggrin:

NS Full Member
    God, if Lionel were a woman he'd be such a bitch! I love how you write him :lol: Great chap.

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    :yay3: Yay an update!!! This is classic.

Lana's such a hypercondriac! (and I luv that she looks like crap! :biggrin: ) Chloe's reaction is hilarious - my heart goes out to Pete getting stuck with the girl though!!!

Luv the magnificent bastard as usual! You always write him so well (or should I say bad?)

odd duck
    Lionel is so very evil, you write him really well. Update soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information