+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If Looks Could Kill (NC-17)

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Red face Re: If Looks Could Kill Chapter 2 4/9/06 (NC-17)

Quote Originally Posted by lj715
    OMG letia, that was priceless! You know I'm all into Chlex but, if using Jason helps Chloe in any way with Lex well....all the better for her. I LOVE the fact that she had the orgasm & then tells him to take a hike. Too perfect. I was just a tad disappointed that Chloe dyed her hair brown. I think Lex would've been interested in her as a blond but , maybe, that was too close to her real self. Can't wait for the next chapter. Really love this one!

lj you seem to have a habit of saying everything that I wanted to! So rather than copy you I will quote you.

Letia fabulous new story really enjoying it ! Update soon please, I can wait for the Chlex in the meantime Jason will do

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: If Looks Could Kill Chapter 2 4/9/06 (NC-17)

i love it so far and really can't wait for more so please update soon or i will die from the wait.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

If Looks Could Kill Chapter 3 4/15/06 (NC-17)

Notes: WHOHOO! Thanks for the feedback. Aftermath is finished so please take a look if you haven’t already. I know very little about art. I know what I like and that’s about it. Any mention of the art in this and any other chapters are all made up. Bare with me on the updates they well be slowing down. Darn work getting in the way.

Chapter 3 Chance Meetings

Chloe took the last steps into the offices of Darren Westport the current head of the board at the Metropolis Fine Art Museum. It was the day of the exhibit and the day she would finally meet her mark.

That morning Chloe was given a call back for a position at the museum. This job was all apart of her plans for Lex Luthor and she had to get it.

“Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly Mr. Westport.” Chloe shook his hand as he greeted her standing up from his desk. She was in a grey suit and her new sleek brown hair was pinned back.

“Please take a seat Ms. Soren” Darren Westport sat down at his desk and Chloe could see him eyeing her legs as she took her seat. She fought off the need to roll her eyes at him and took a seat.

“We have looked closely at your application and I have to say you would be an incredible addition to the museum. “

“Thank you.” Chloe smiled at him knowing that all of the information she gave them was fake. She did tell the truth about her knowledge of art but she did make up her references and of course her pervious position at other galleries or museums.

“As you know the museum is lacking in an Asian influence and your expertise would be beneficial to us. From your proposal you seem to know exactly what you want to do already.”

“The current exhibition leaving Philadelphia seems to be what the Museum needs to strengthen its Asian influence.” Chloe said to him still giving him a warm smile.

Darren Westport seemed pleased with her grinning from ear to ear. “We have actually been thinking about the “Echoes of the Far East” exhibition.”

“Well then I don’t have to tell how amazing it is. It is my understanding that you would need someone to work with the people in control of the exhibit, the contractors building the displays and the advertisers prompting the exhibition. I’ve done all of this before for and…”

“Hold it right there.” Darren interrupted her and Chloe didn’t know why. She knew what she said was right and didn’t think he would see through her. “We want to hire you and you don’t have to sell me on what you know how to do.”

The flicker of worry she was feeling was washed away. “Oh… well when would you like me to start?”

“As soon as possible would be best. We would like to have the show ready by winter.”

Chloe didn’t want to be in Metropolis that long and didn’t think she would have to be. She needed this job since it was part of the con and she would have to take it. “A winter showing is exactly what I was thinking.”

“The other executive board members want to meet you first. Are you attending tonight’s showing at the Wilson Gallery?”

“Yes I am. I have a small passion for photography.” Chloe knew she would be a good candidate but didn’t think they would hire her until she meet everyone on the board.

“Good. Mr. Parks, Mrs. Towson, and Mr. Luthor well all be attending. They are ready to meet the dealer I have been raving about since your portfolio fell on my desk.”

Chloe saw him eyeing her legs again and wonder if she was getting this job because he was slightly attracted to her. “Good I look forward to meeting them as well.”

They said there good byes and Chloe went home to prep a little more for tonight. She knew Lex Luthor would be in attendance and that he was the money behind the museum these days. She would have to have contact with him for certain for things to get going.

She need and easy in for him to notice her and didn’t want to depend on her looks alone and now she didn’t have to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Metropolis was warm that spring night and Chloe didn’t need anything to hide the dress she picked for the exhibit. It was a black tie event and the showing was titled “When no one is looking”

The photographer Michel Hunter was finally coming into his own in the felid and tonight showed lots of promise.

Chloe wasn’t nervous about finally meeting Lex after following him around for a week. This was her job and if she planned well enough he would be eating out of the palm of her hand before the night was over.

She got out of her car parked behind the gallery and made her approach to the entrance. As she walked in she got a few glances from on lookers on the street and she knew the dress was a perfect choice.

A red dress seemed the most appropriate for tonight and Chloe chose a short dress from her collection. She’d never worn it before but it would come in handy to night.

The skirt seemed to flow with her as she walked and the back was leaving very little to the imagination. She checked her new hair with a compact then tossed it back into the purse she was carrying once she was at the door to the Wilson Gallery.

She knew how she looked and knew it was would be appealing to Lex. It was all really simple and she just wanted to use is weakness against him. She was showing him a pretty face but he had no idea what was underneath it.

Chloe walked in and was given a small program about the pieces being auctioned off that night along with the rest of the pictures in the exhibit. As she moved through the crowd of Metropolis elite Chloe felt at home there.

Her first party like this she was nervous and unsure of her self but the pass eight years as taught her how to play these rich people.

A waiter passed by her with champagne and she grabbed one before he could get away too quickly. Chloe scanned over the room and knew it well. She studied the interior of the building and was prepared to leave if she met anyone that she worked for or coned. The gun resting high up her thigh was useless in a place like this but Chloe never left home without a small piece strapped to her body somewhere.

She sipped from the champagne flute then started to work the room. The pictures where mostly free standing hanging on walls set up all around the room. There was a small bar at the back of the room and then a second room leading to the auction house of the gallery.

A picture caught her eye and Chloe took some time to look at it. All the pictures where of people just living their lives. They never knew they where photographed and no names where shown with the pictures. A simple title was next to the photo and all the images where done in black and white.
    As she settled on the picture of a mother and daughter someone lightly tapped her shoulder. She turned and met eyes with Darren Westport.

“Mr. Westport.” Chloe sounded surprised and was shocked to see that he wasn’t standing alone. Behind him where the board members and Lex Luthor wasn’t with them.

“Ms. Soern. I want you to meet Mr. Parks and Mrs. Towson.” Darren said to her.

Chloe shook hands with them and made her formal greetings. They asked her a few questions about her previous work that Chloe answered with no problem. She peered behind them a few times looking for Lex wanting him to show up already so she could get her introduction to him.

Darren looked behind him then moved away quickly. She was left with the other two board members and they continued to ramble on about her pervious work and experience as if they where testing her for a job.

Mr. Parks took a sip of his drink and dove into another question. “So your time in China was beneficial to your work?”

“Yes of course. I was able to see a lot of things other wise unavailable here in the west. It was an amazing journey for me and made me appreciate the work I was waiting to be finished more then anything.”

“How did the painting turn out?” Mrs. Towson asked. They where talking about a piece Chloe was given as a gifted for a job she did.

She was in China for three months and it was a journey she would never for get. The painting was done by an artist that was over eighty years old and his work was highly praised. She killed a man for the painting and it was consider a bonus for a job well done.

“It was an honor to be given the painting and the landscape scene is like nothing I have ever seen from that area. I could bring it in to the museum sometime if you wanted to see it.” She answered as honestly as possible knowing that she fudged her reason for being in China but they seemed to like the idea.

They asked her a few more questions and Chloe was engrossed in conversation with them when Darren showed up again. She turned to face him and he wasn’t alone.

“I found him. This is Mr. Luthor.” Darren directed everyone’s attention to Lex Luthor

“Mr. Luthor it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” Chloe held her hand out to him giving him the same greeting she gave the other two board members.

“Ms. Soren Asian art with a specialty in weapons seems unusual for someone like you.” Lex replied to her smugly looking her over like one of the photos in the room.

Chloe smirked at him and this was going to be far easier then she thought. He was just as arrogant and sure of himself as she thought and it would be the end of him. “Well I could say the same about a businessman who owns as many Japanese katana as you do.”

“You’re not going into battle as a Samurai anytime soon.” Chloe let go of his hand eyeing like fresh meet. He was in a dark tux and was still oozing the superiority she saw in all her time watching him. “You can have a passion for something that isn’t practical.”

The other board members watched and waited for his answer. They were grinning slightly as if they didn’t want Lex to see it. Lex looked over her again and he turned the corner of his lip up.

He replied back to her quip in a husky calm voice. “I guess you can.” He was staring at her and Chloe had him. This was what she hoping for as his eyes drifted from her cleavage to her legs then back to her face with her brown hair hugging her cheeks.

Darren broke the awkward silence between her and Lex with an idea that they should mingle some more. Lex nodded and just as she thought she had him he wondered off. Chloe’s eyes followed him as he walked away towards the woman he was with the night she and Jason fooled around in her car.

The woman was in a sliver dress and she seemed bored. She took Lex's arm and he moved them around the room. Chloe was expecting a date but didn’t see it as a problem.

The other three board members stuck around talking to her for a few moments and Chloe tried to keep up with her lies while she sipped her champagne. When they finally parted ways Chloe was able to go back to the photography of the mother and daughter she was looking at before the interruption.

She stared at the picture and she could see a glimpse of her mother in the woman and a little of herself in the little girl. She looked at them smiling holding each as if nothing else matter to them. It was like looking into a mirror of better times with her mother.

Chloe stared at the photography and she wanted to cry but pushed back the urge to. She was stronger then that now and her mother’s death wasn’t going to control her. Revenge was always on her mind but her father never persuade it and never wanted her to.

“You have been staring at this for twenty minutes.”

Chloe could feel someone standing behind her and remembered the voice from before. “Then that would mean you have been staring at me for twenty minutes.” Chloe looked over to Lex now standing next to her.

He was smirking at her. “Maybe I have” He leaned in closer staring at the photography “But why are you so absorbed in this one?”

“Because just look at it Mr. Luthor. The lighting, their faces, the love in their eyes, it’s... it’s… “Chloe was going to finish and he was leaning over to look at her.

“Beautiful.” He murmured to her meeting eyes with her.

Chloe felt a rush of heat go through her the way he was looking at her and this seduction was going to have to get tipped back in her favor. “Are you talking about me or the picture?”

“I think it’s a little of both and call me Lex.” He stood back slightly and Chloe didn’t realize how short she was to him to till just now.

She was going to do a move that she wasn’t proud of but it seemed to work on most men no matter how smart. “You have something on your tux:”

Chloe moved closer to him leaning up to him getting close enough to be against him but not letting it happen. She moved a hand to his shoulder reaching to his neck to take a nonexistent piece of lint from the spot closes to his neck.

“There… got it.” Chloe moved back and he was looking at her and she knew she heard him take in her scent as she got closer to him. She held up her finger and pouted her lips to blow the fake lint away. A small head nod was all she got from him and he didn’t seem impressed.

“Are you going to bid on the photograph?” His voice was calm and cool.

“Of course I better get my number if I’m going to bid on it.” Chloe started to turn away and was going to be the one to walk away this time. She took a few steps and he was right behind her.

“Let me walk you over.” Lex placed a commanding hand at the small of her back put wasn’t touch her. He leading her to the registration area and was handed her paddle for bidding.

“Good luck Ms. Soren.” Lex said to her also picking up his own number.

“Please it’s Sasha. I hope you don’t’ plan on bidding on my piece.”

“It’s not your piece yet.” He said to her then walked off again.

Chloe assumed he went to find his date and she watched him leave this time. The sway in his step and his perfect posture was all she could notice. She shook off whatever it was she was thinking and didn’t think he would keep walking away from her like this.

After about and hour of sipping champagne and mingling Chloe settled in to her seat for the auction. She was sitting in the back of the room and had a clear few of Lex sitting a few rows from the front.

A few pieces went by and now it was finally time for her photography. She wanted the picture. It remind her of her mother and she felt sometimes those memories where fading.

“Well start the bidding at 100. Can I see 100?” The auction master said.

Chloe raised her paddle. “Alright one hundred from number twenty four and can I hear 150?”

She looked over and Lex raised his paddle. “Ok 150 from number ten. Can I hear 200?”

Chloe raised her paddle again. “200 from twenty four….” The bidding went on for ten minutes and before Chloe knew it she was about to pay 850 dollars for a photograph.

She looked in Lex’s direction and glared at him. He glanced back to her on her last bid and raised his paddle again for 900. Damn him! Chloe thought. He was doing this on purpose and she didn’t want to assume that it was for him to buy it then give it back to her.

Chloe mouthed to him 'please' as she raised her paddle for 950 and he quirked up the side of his mouth then turned to back to the front of the room.

“5,000." He said raising his paddle his voice loud and smug.

“5,000 from number ten do I hear 5,500?” The auction master said. Chloe waited and debated on this. He could be trying to out bid her for it to give it back and she might as well let him think he won for now. “Back to twenty four the lovely lady in the red dress.”

Chloe waved her hand in defeat. “Well the “mother and daughter” goes to Mr. Luthor number ten for 5,000. Now for our next piece…”

Chloe was done bidding and exited the room quickly to head to the bar. She was hoping he would follow her.

“Can I have the Highland Park ” Chloe spoke to the bartender.

“If your going to have that I could interest you in a the twenty nine that I have.”

She turned around and there Lex was standing behind her again. “After you stole my piece I don’t think so.”

“It was a gift to congratulate you on getting the job.” Lex moved next to her at the bar singling the bartender to give him the same drink.

“I didn’t realize I had the job…” It was just as she thought but things weren’t going to be easy for him. “…but no thank you to both offers.”

“But you liked the photo remember.” She looked him sipping his drink and wanted to smack the constant smug look he had off his face.

Chloe moved in closer to him sliding her drink on the table top toward him. “If you knew that then why did you out bid me?”

She could see him getting tense from her closeness. “I said it was a gift.”

Chloe sipped her drink looking at him over the rim of the glass. “I don’t want it.”

“I think you should reconsider the twenty nine it’s really exceptional. We could leave now if your interest.”

She let out a huff then moved back away from him. “Don’t you have a date? Tall woman silver dress.”

“She's a problem easily gotten rid of.”

“Wow you are very arrogant.”

He narrowed his eyes like it was the first time someone insulted him. “Why does it have to be arrogance? Why not confidence that I’d know you’d like the scotch?”

She didn’t mean to but she had to laugh him. “You really think I’m coming on to you or flirting with you or something?”

“We're not flirting? So you expect me to believe that lint on the collar thing wasn’t a way for you to flirt with me.”

Chloe stepped back from him sipping her scotch as if he wasn’t there. “It was a gesture of courtesy. Not an invitation for you to think I wanted to fuck you.”

He huffed out a breath it was obvious he was getting agitated by her. “Who said anything about fucking? I merely asked if you wanted to taste…”

“Mr. Luthor I think you underestimate how well I know you.” She interjected before he could finish.

“Oh you know me?” Lex moved closer to her reaching to make her look at him. He touched her chin getting her to look at him and finger brushed across her cheek before he moved his hand away.

This was not going like she wanted and it appeared she was more attracted to him then she thought. “You think I would leave with you when your one my soon to be boss, two already have a date and three your reputations speaks for it self as to why I would say no to your offer.”

“What if I was trying to get to know you…” Chloe didn’t let him finish is thought and moved in on him. She was completely is invading his personal space brushing up against him.

“If you want to get to know me then you should ask me out not try to take me home for a one night stand.” She tried to move back from him getting a little tingle up her spine breathing in his scent and feeling the firmness of his chest. ”You just don’t like for people to tell you no? Do you?”

Before she could move his hands where off his glass and on her bare arms keeping her in place against him. “People don’t tell me no.” His hand trailed up her arm to her cheek and he pushed back her short brown hair.

Chloe could tell he was aroused and she didn’t have to do much to get him to this point other then turn him down. His superiority complex would try to draw her in and he would want to prove to her that he could get whatever he wanted even if he really didn’t want her but she knew he did.

They just staried at each and the sexual tensions was building the longer Chloe looked at him. She tried to adjust her gaze else where but he would let her move holding onto her with one hand and touching the curves of her face with the other.

It seemed like forever they where standing there but it was only a few seconds. “What are you doing?”

“Changing your mind.”

“If you think a sexy glare is going to get me to go with you then your mistaken.”

Chloe was having a hard time with this. Her body was reacting in ways she did not expect. Her chest was heaving out breaths, her eyes couldn’t seem to look away from his blue grey ones and between her legs a desire she never felt before for a mark was slowly starting to ache.

Lex moved down closer to her and he was going to kiss her. He it was like he didn’t care that other people where in the exhibit room with them or his date could walk back out of the auction room any second. He wanted what he wanted and didn’t care what stood in the way of that.

Chloe couldn’t let him do this so soon but before she could pull away his mouth was brushing against her lips she lost control over her body pressing her lips against his. She could taste a hint of scotch on his lips mingling with her own.

“Change your mind?” Lex was at whisper speaking against her mouth licking a line across her bottom lip and she had to stop him.

Chloe jerked back from his grasp losing his iron grip on her arm taking a few steps back from him. “No, I already told you that’s not going to work with me.” Chloe took some air in and tried to focus on her job. She was there to seduce him and get what the Teague’s wanted out him.

“Fine.” Lex picked up his glass again taking a sip of his drink. “Then we’ll do it your way.”

“What does that mean?” Chloe got her focus back and was able to look over at him again.

“You should look at my collection you mentioned earlier.” He was calm and complete un-vexed by what just happened but Chloe was compleley flushed with heat.

“The Japanese swords?”

“Right, they might make a good addition to the “Echoes of the Far East” exhibit you’re planning.” He looked behind him and Chloe followed his gaze and his date was emerging from the auction room.

“She’s probably wondering where you went.”

He paid her comment no mind turning his attention back to her. “Are you interested or not?”

This was what she was looking for. Chloe need him to not think of her as one of his brunette one fuck acquaintance. She would have to stick around long enough to get his trust. Her chance at second meeting seemed to be set.

Chloe moved her hand over to his “I’m interested in the collection for the museum but the juries still out on you.” Chloe didn’t let him say anything else and walked way from him this time.

She left her drink at the bar and didn’t give it a second thought to look back knowing he be watching her ass shake as she walked away from him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe left the Gallery after speaking with Darren Westport once more confirming she had the position at the Metropolis Fine Art Museum. She walked in the building and the door man said something was waiting for her at the front desk.

The desk clerked handed and her picture frame facing away from her so she couldn’t see what was in. Chloe turned it around on the clerk desk and it was the photograph Lex out bid her own.

“And it was left with this Ms.” The clerk handed over a folded sheet of paper to her.

She lugged the large frame up to her place and didn’t open the letter until she was in the small foyer of her apartment.

-Sasha,
    You forgot this and I wanted to make sure the beautiful photograph was in good company with a beautiful woman. I’ll call you about seeing the collection and I look forward to changing your mind.
    ~Lex-

Chloe smiled at the picture and was glad to have it but felt better about rattling Lex enough to send it. Her job was going to be easier then she thought as long as she could keep her own attraction to him in check.

TBC

Chapter 4 Hard to Get

Re: If Looks Could Kill Chapter 3 4/15/06 (NC-17)

So good! She did know how to play him perfectly.

Nice work. I really enjoyed their verbal judo, I guess no matter where they come from or who they are the chemistry is just there between them. The whole auction scene was just perfect. I did feel a bit sad for Chloe when he outbid her on the photograph[ the whole thing made me think of playing sports with your boyfriend when if you win he gets all puffy so it's just easier to loose and let him be the strong man, with Lex it looks like an issue of control. You liked the picture, look how manly I am I can provide the picture for you. Therefor you must see me as an potential mate, and have sex with me ], and than when it was waiting for her I thought she should send it back. But later on I realized it would be just childish so the mature thing to do is thank him for it and say it doesn't change anything [ and try not to stick your tounge at him ]. It made me laugh how he didn't care at all about what was happening with his date. I do hope Chloe is a lot of trouble for him. More, please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

WOW! What a great update! You did an excellent job on it. I love the fact that Chloe really wanted Lex but, did veer from her plan. Really love the note Lex sent her too. Can't wait for the next update.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Good update go Chloe for playing hard to get. But I don't like her having to kill him though.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

What do you mean slowing down your joking right???? LOL Damn your work!!

I am loving this story Letia this last chapter was excellent I was gripped right from the start and gutted that I got to the end as there was no more!!

I thought Lex and Chloe was my favourite but I think I have changed my mind! This is definitely your best one so far and I can't wait for more Lex wants Chloe bad or should I say Sasha. I loved the way he out bid her for the photo then only to give it to her anyway!! Then he kisses her where anyone can see maybe even his date! That man has sex appeal with a capital S and he takes what he wants! God help anyone who stands in his way Chloe is doomed and I love it. LOL

Fantastic update, I love Chloe playing hard to get but I don't think it will be long before Lex will get what he wants and get his own way !! lol Can't wait for more !!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

If Looks Could Kill Chapter 4 4/19/06 (NC-17)

Notes: Thank you for the nice feedback. I think you guys like this one which is great. So this chapter has some taped conversations that are in italics but if its Chloe’s thoughts they are not. Don’t forget I’ll date and place flashbacks in italic as well.

Chapter 4 Hard to Get

Shanghai ,China Seven Years Ago

“Don’t you fucking try it!” The guard yelled at Chloe in Mandarin. She was inches away from her kill and was stopped by his security.

‘Damn it’ Chloe grunted under her breath and she could hear the man calling out behind her. She was sneaking into a large estate in one of the wealthiest areas in Shanghai. Her job was simple sneak in, kill the man and get out.

One year after her first kill and Chloe was more then ready for this job. There were no more vomit moments. She took on the assignment and spent over three months in China waiting for the right time to kill the man waiting for her now. Following him around waiting for the right moment was never going to come and she had enough with waiting.

Ares told her wait and she was sick of listening to him. He was holding her down keeping her grounded to small cons, easy thefts and making her wait in China for three months.

It was yet another of his test and Chloe was failing it. She was eager to get out there and start doing more jobs and couldn’t wait any longer to get this one done. Chloe called the client told them that she was going to take care of the man tonight.

The guard behind her thought he had the upper hand but he was wrong. She was holding her gun ready to shoot and Chloe could knew the silencers was in place and the gun shot wouldn’t alert another guard.

“Back off” Chloe yelled to him in Mandarin. The man yelled back something at her but she didn’t hear it because she was turning to him letting off two shots at him taking him down.

She was at the electrical box pulling wires when she was interrupted by the guard. She yanked out the last fuse and the lights around the house went out. Chloe tucked her gun back into the holster at her side and made her way for the back door.

She used her lock pick set and opened the door no problem. She shoved the quick kit back into her pocket and made set her watch. The house had a silent alarm not connected to the main electricity and she only had ten minutes before the place was covered in Shanghai’s finest.

Chloe hit her watch timer then opened the door. When the beep went off on her watch she’d know she was done for with the police. She made her way into the back of the house at the dining area. She memorized the floor plans of the house and knew how to get to the bedrooms.

Chloe tipped toed in the darkness dressed in all black keeping her hidden. Her face was covered in a black ski mask keeping her identity safe. She moved through the house to the master stair case leading up to the master bedroom. Just a few feet there was another guard at the bedroom door. He wasn’t armed and Chloe was ready for him taking her gun from her holster.

The guard was leaning against the side of the doorway of the master bedroom. She assumed the mark would have more guards but some how they never showed for work and it had to be part of her clients doing.

Chloe moved in slowly and was close enough to notice that the man at the door was fast a sleep. Her heart was pounding at this point and she was getting hot under her black hood. Chloe opened the door slowly and the guard squirmed against the door. She pushed the door open and the guard didn’t move and inch. Chloe moved it the room and saw her mark sound asleep.

He was a crime boss in the city and his family wanted him stopped. Chloe didn’t know why they need outside help to take this guy out since the family was in the business. They didn’t want little brother selling drugs anymore ruining the family name.

Three months and she knew more about the man then she wanted from the toothpaste he used to the way he jerked off at night. He was Chinese, mid thirties, had a wife, three kids, and probable killed more people with drugs then Chloe ever could but now he was going to die because someone paid her to do it.

Chloe moved into the room aiming at the bed lookinh at her marks shoulder and had to be closer to make sure it was him. The wife was sleeping next to him and she would wake up as soon as the gun went off.

She ignored the wife and cocked he gun. She closed her eyes took a deep breath and she shot him. The gun fire woke the wife even with the sliencer on and she started screaming. The sound woke the guard out the door because he came racing into the room. Chloe expected it and her gun was ready to take him down.

Once he was out of the way she glanced at her watch. Five minutes before the police and tip toeing was out of the question so Chloe was sprinting back to the way she came in.

She got out of the house and reached her motorcycle a few blocks up the rode hidden in some bushes. She hopped on and sped off seconds before the police started to pull up towards the estate.

Three months and Chloe was paid in full. She was also presented with a painting of Shanghai’s country side by an eighty year old painter in the family that was well respected. Chloe took the painting as a bonus for a job well done and it was a great honor to be presented with one. They didn’t seem to mind it took so long but Chloe wanted answers as to why she had to be there for three months just for a quick kill.

Ares called as soon as she was back in the states. He told her job well done and he was glad she lasted as long as she did. It was test and he wanted to know how patient she could be. He told her to wait until he called with the order to kill and just do surveillance.

He had to know Chloe couldn’t take waiting but if the job was going to be a long con he wanted her to learn to be patient and the art of knowing your mark better then they knew them selves. It wasn’t the best way to go about things but Chloe did learn a lot those three months. Things she could carry on with her the next seven years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Metropolis, Kansas Present

“I understand your busy but you don’t have and hour for me?” Jason whined into the phone and Chloe was seconds from hanging up on him.

“Look I just can’t personally get involved with you now. I have to focus on the job that’s just how I am” Chloe was explaining to him that what happened in the car wasn’t a way to tease him. It was a release for and it was also checking out Jason's motives.

The more she spoke with him the more apparent it was that he was looking to stick it to Lex more then he was interested in her. She could use that later now knowing the two of them didn’t think very highly of the other.

“You’re a tease. I understand but I won’t just give up you know?”

Chloe groaned into her cell. “Jason I work for your mother and that means I can’t get involved with you. If I need your help for the job I’ll call you but until then stop calling me and no more stopping by my place. The more contact I have with you the more chances you leave open to Lex finding out what I am doing and breaking my cover. Now if you don’t mind I have to go to work. “

“Fine. I am up for helping you out with Luhtor if you need me. I guess I’ll have to wait till he’s dead to see what you’re really made of.” Jason hung up after that last quip and Chloe was relieved to be rid of him.

Two days after the Wilson Gallery meeting and Chloe was still waiting for her phone call from Lex. She’d done a lot of listening in on his phone calls at home the past two days. Now being rid of Jason she could go back to listening to last night’s phone calls. She was on the last two calls and Chloe pushed play on the tape to listen to the first one.

“Luthor.”

“Sir we need the painting back here at the plant for more test.”

“No I have it in a safe place and I’m not moving it again. You should be calling me with results on what you found out about the painting hidden underneath.”

“Sir we are doing…”

“Don’t tell me your doing your best because your not. The info I looked at yesterday was useless. I want answer at the end of the week or you’re fired and I’ll find someone who can do the job.”

“But Sir…”

“Are we clear professor?”

“Yes Sir, at the end of the week.”

*Dial tone*

The call ended and she stopped the tape to take some time to write down a few things. The painting was no longer being kept at the plant which meant Lex was worried about the attempted robberies and didn’t want to risk another one. Chloe also wrote down that the people working for him where useless in getting answers for him about the painting.

Whatever secrets the painting held they must be important. Lex’s voice was no where near the husky sexy one Chloe heard the other night. He was angry, driven and wanted answers.

Chloe clicked the tape back on to listen to the second phone call.

“Is this Dominic?”

“Hey Luthor haven’t heard from you in while.”

“Well I have a job for you. Her name is Sasha Soren.”

“Shit” Chloe muttered and continue to listen to the call.

“Is she business or pleasure?”

“Dominic that’s none of your fucking business.”

“Sorry but you only call when its pleasure. You know how Helen Bryce played you like a fool and I know you don’t want it to happen again.”

“It was a mistake that happened years ago and its one I’ve learned from so I need you to check out this woman.”

“Ok, ok calm down. I’ll look into her. Send me what you have on her so far.”

“The email has already been sent.”

“Alright, don’t go fucking her till I get you the info. I don’t’ want you hurt old friend”

“Just do your job and don’t worry about who I fuck.”

*Dail Tone*

“Shit” Chloe muttered again turning off the tape. He was checking into her and she didn’t need that. She would have to double check her new alias and make sure there where no holes that Luthor’s PI could exploit.

Chloe glanced at her watch. “Shit” She muttered again when she saw how late in the day it was. She was starting at the museum today and had to get going. Chloe raced into her bedroom and tossed the tapes into her vault hidden in the back of her walk-in closet. She picked a pair of shoes to go with her pants suit and headed out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was around lunch time and Chloe was setting up her office at the Metropolis Fine Art Museum. The space wasn’t small and it seemed they had a lot of faith that Sasha Soren would make the “Echoes of the Far East” exhibition one of the best the museum has presented in years.

Chloe pushed her brown hair behind her ear and reached down to pick up the Michel Hunter photography Lex sent her after the auction. She loved the picture and didn’t even think of giving it back to him. For now she let him have this as a prize that he could give her. It was just another way to feed into Lex’s superiority complex.

She moved to the empty wall with two hooks waiting for her to steady the frame on to them. The hooks were just a little too high for her and she moved up on her toes in her heels.

“You need help?”

Chloe turned to her doorway and Lex Luthor was standing there looking cool and professional but still smug as ever.

“I can do it. I just underestimated my height.” Chloe turned back to the wall and tried to get the frame up again.

Before she could protest to his help he was pressing himself against her back taking hold of the frame above her and helping her reach the hooks. Chloe squirmed a little being so close to him.

She could smell the cologne he used and she could feel how hot his body was. Her body was having those reactions to him again and she had to get the control back so she scooted up little getting away from him the best she could with so little room between her the wall and Lex.

Once it was secured on the hooks he was still standing against her and Chloe turned around to face him. “What can I do for Mr. Luthor?”

”You can do a lot for me …“ Lex moved in closer to her. “…but I think we had a date for you too look at my swords.”

Chloe could see a look in his eyes and didn’t much care to keep looking for fear of going something she would regret later. She grinned at him and moved from around his body. “Now why does that sound so kinky?”

“I thought we weren’t flirting Ms. Soren.” Lex turned to look at her and Chloe motioned to the papers on her desk stacking them trying to look busy.

“We aren’t but you seem to think we are.”

“I’d love to continue this banter but I rather get on with our date.”

“I never said it was date...” Chloe glanced at him turning her lip at him. “…but I do want to see your swords.” She said her last line a little sexier then she should have but he seemed to like.

“Well let’s go. Lunch is waiting for you as well if you interested.”

“You didn’t bring them with you.”

“No I didn’t. There at my home in Smallville.”

“Smallville?” Chloe looked at him putting down the papers furrowing her brow in confusion.

“Yes, a small town about three hours away. Meteor capital of the world.”

Chloe knew about the city and just wanted him to think she didn’t. She knew how he was caught during the meteor shower and become so bald. All his time in Smallville was documented by the Teague’s and most of it revolved around some kid named Clark Kent that now lived in Metropolis.

“You expect me to drive three hours outside of town? I have a meeting at five.”

“I didn’t say anything about driving. The helicopters ready to go on the roof of Luthor Crop. headquarters”

Chloe shook her head at his snobbery. He really did what ever he wanted to and in the middle of the day he wanted to make a trip out of town then come back before the work day was over.

“I really should get my office set up so I can meet with the contractors at five.”

“It’s about noon now and I promise to have you back and half and hour before your meeting.” Lex moved in on her pushing her back against the edge of the desk.

He wasn’t just going to take no for answers. She watched his eyes move up then down her body and he seemed please with her suit pants and silk blouse out-fit today. “Ok, you’re the boss so if I’m late I’ll just say it’s your fault.”

Lex smirked at her again then moved to the doorway. “Shall we?”

Chloe grabbed her suit jacket hanging on her desk chair and headed out the door ahead of him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So you don’t really have time for long term relationships and that woman didn’t mean much to you in the first place so why not try and kiss me?” Chloe said then sipped her water. She was trying listen to Lex explain why he completely treated his date at the gallery like carp.

“Hmm…Hmm.” Lex mumbled as he chewed his caesar salad.

“That’s bull shit.” Chloe grumbled out to him. He was such a pompous ass. Lex really thought it was ok to just kiss her and ignore his date because they weren’t getting along and he planned on dumping her that night.

“Did you fuck her anyway?” She said her voice shrill and wavering. His lack of respect for woman was really getting to her.

Lex almost chocked back on his food and coughed a little getting his composure back. Chloe didn’t know why but it had to be the sound of her voice that startled him. “Why do you care?” he said getting control of the food in his mouth swallowing hard before he spoke.

Chloe looked around the well polished room they were eating lunch in. She walked into the manor and saw at least ten pieces she could get millions for on the market. Looking over the house as they made there way into the palor it was more and more apparent that Lex Luthor was spoiled rotten as a child. He didn’t care what other people thought of him nor did he care how he treated woman.

Everything was at his finger tips like this house, the art inside of it, or a helicopter ride whenever he wanted one. Nothing was out of his reach because he was rich so what was the point of worrying about what his date thought of him kissing her.

Chloe looked back at him waiting for his answers looking self-righteous. “I asked you a question first. Did you fuck her before you dumped?”

“It doesn’t really matter you already said your not going to fuck me. If I remember correctly we aren’t flirting and this is purely a business lunch.” His eye brows raised and lower as he spoke and Chloe knew it was the look on her face provoking the reaction.

She was indeed flirting with him but of course she wanted to seem to be playing hard to get and said that they weren’t. Now it appeared he was trying to turn this on her. “If I recall the juries still out on if you’re even interested in me.” He added and went back to eating.

Chloe pushed back her short hair and looked down at her food thinking of her come back. “I merely asked because it seems like you are only interested in what’s good for the moment. At the moment your date was a bore and I looked interesting to you. I don’t think you realize that the world doesn’t rotate around you living in the moment.”

Lex shrugged his shoulders. “You don’t know me well enough to know how I live my life. I by no means think or want the world to bow at my every whim.”

“Hymp” Chloe grunted.

He almost rolled his eyes at her. “Think what you will. You obviously don’t’ think of me like that hold heartily or you wouldn’t have come all this way to have lunch with me.” Lex got up from his chair a cross the small table in the parlor. He moved to stand in front of her. “You want me to analyze you.”

“I think you’re a tease. You liked what happen last night and don’t want to admit it. Now you’re trying to cover up what you felt by making me out to be the bad guy.” He leaned down to her and Chloe tried to move back but he place a hand on other side of her chair keeping her from moving. “Just admit that you are flirting with me. It well make things go so much smoother if you’re honest with yourself.”

Chloe looked up into his eyes and he was serious. She was trying to tease him and he was seeing right through her because last night she was aroused by him. It didn’t matter she would just have to use her bodies natural responds to trick him into keeping her around long enough to get the painting and wait for his team to get all the information on it.

Chloe leaned up into his lips locking eyes with him. “Fine we are flirting but you’re still an arrogant jerk.” She moved in on his lips almost touching them waiting for him to move the rest of the way and he walked away from her moving back to his seat.

“What was the topic of conversation again?”

Chloe was starting to get red knowing she just got played by him. She’d never been this useless in seducing a mark before. He was turning everything on her and she would have to get the control back. Chloe sat back in her chair and reminded her self what she was there for and it was to get what she need out of him then kill him.

“When do I get to see these swords?” Chloe got up from her seat.

“We can go see them now there waiting in the study.” Lex moved out of the parlor and Chloe followed after him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Can I?” Chloe motioned to the sheathed weapon sitting on the pool table next to three others.

“You’re the expert.” Lex said to her.

Chloe moved the weapon in to her hands and it was heavy, far to heavy to be a Japanese katana. She moved her hands over the sheath carvings and it looked more Chinese then Japanese. Chloe pulled the sword out and the blade didn’t make a sound. The handle was heavy and the blade didn’t look anything like it been hand hammered into shape. She put the blade closer to her eyes studying the edges of it and it looked worn almost dull. Chloe placed it back in its sheath and threw it back on the table.

“Where are the real katanas? Chloe turned to look at him and he was standing next to her. While she studied the weapon she lost track of him but he was staring right at her chest when she looked at him.

Lex smiled at her like she won a prize. “Sorry I had to test you. A woman interested in Asian weapons just wasn’t adding up for me.”

Chloe thought she could do something here and moved back to pick up the poorly done knock off. She pulled it out of the sheath quickly and put the tip of the blade at Lex’s chest. “Are you questioning my expertise again Mr. Luthor.”

Lex put his hands up trying to back away from the blade. “I was just confirming that you indeed know what you’re talking about.”

Chloe pushed the tip of the sword into his chest griping the handle leaning in closer to him. “You do well not to question me again.” His eyes widen and he looked aroused intead of worried for his life. Chloe felt it was enough taunting and re-sheathed the sword handing it over to him. “Now where are the real katana?”

“If you’re done almost killing me there in the basement.” Lex motioned for her to leave adead of him out of the study.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe walked down the basement stairs behind Lex and they stopped at a door that lead into what looked like a storage room full of artifacts in boxes and paintings lined up against walls. “Have you inventoried any of this?”

“Trust me I know where everything is.” Lex moved to the back of the room not turning around to answer and stopping at a second set of shelves at the back of the room. He pulled a box out of the way setting it down on the ground.

Chloe tried to get closer to him to see what he was doing but his body was blocking her view of the shelf. “What are you doing?”

Lex didn’t reply and the wall started to move back. It reviled a steel vault door. “Luthor.” He said aloud then punched in a pass code on the pad on the left side of the door.

The vault door opened and the room extended back filled with more relics, paintings, sculptors, and boxes full of who knows what. Chloe'd never seen so much art other then in a museum and it appeared Lex could have his own museum in this house a hundred times better then some of the major galleries and museums in the world.

“So it’s safe to say you have a passion for the arts.”

Lex finally turned back to speak to her. “I have a passion for lot of things.”

Chloe studied him and he seemed upset. She didn’t know why since she passed his little test. Maybe she’d gone a little too far for a first date threatening him with the sword in the study.

He stepped into the room and Chloe moved to follow him in. She looked over the room and to her right was a painting incased in glass. Chloe leaned over to it to get a closer look and she was looking at the first piece to getting her job done.

It was the painting Genevieve wanted and there it was sitting right in front of her. The phone call he got yesterday about the painting being in a safe place meant here in Smallivlle. A place Lex Luthor deemed safe.

Its was obvious he didn’t think she would know what it was or he wouldn’t have just let her walk right into the vault room after him. She knew where it was so now she had to figure out a way into the vault.

CHloe looked up and Lex was far back in the room moving into one of the rows of selves. While he was away Chloe moved back to the doorway and did a quick survey of the locking mechanism on the door.

“Here they are.” Lex called out as he moved from the shelves back into the isle and Chloe jerked back away from the door frame as if she’d been caught. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Can I look already? I really should get back.”

“You are impatient aren’t you?”

Chloe retorted his insult with one of her own. “You are a snob aren’t you?”

Lex was holding another sheathed sword in his hands and handed it over to Chloe. She moved out of the vault room back into the storage room for more light.

This time it wasn’t heavy at all. The sheath was adorned with the carving of one dragon at the bottom and it looked as if it made out of bamboo. Chloe flung the sword out of its casing and the blade bushing against the sheath made a sound that stung in the ears. There were two characters carved into the base of the blade at the handle and Chloe read them aloud.

“Alexander Luthor.” She looked up at him and someone took the time to make him this. “Where did you find someone to make this for you?”

“It was a gift from the Ambassador of Japan.”

Chloe studied the weapon some more and it was perfect in every way. She could see that it wasn’t old and made maybe two or three years ago but it looked like it was never pulled out of the sheath since it was made. As she studied it Lex moved behind her.

“Do you know how to hold it?” Lex moved behind her reaching his arms around her body to take the sheath away from her hand.

“I think I proved upstairs that I know how to hold it.”

“Then show me again.” Lex placed the sheath down on the nearest shelf then moved back behind her.

Chloe tried to move around to look at him. “No show me like this.” Lex pressed his body against her moving his hands on the sword brining it in front of her.

“Is this the flirting thing again?” Chloe pressed back into him putting her body flush to his.

Lex moved down to her ear resting his head against her hair. “Yes.” Lex swept his hands up and down her extended arms pushing his body closer to her. Chloe leaned back against him and heard him groan feeling her ass pushing into his groin.

Chloe moved head against his chest then titled up to look at him leaning down to her. His mouth was just about to descend on hers and Chloe moved away from him. “If your older pieces are as good as this one then they would make a great addition to the museum.”

She looked back at him and he was flushed and looked very disappointed in not getting what he wanted this time. He did the same thing to her and Chloe had to get back at him for it.

Chloe looked at her watch. “You promised me I would be on time for my meeting.”

“And I’m a man of my word.” He said handing her the sheath back.

She placed the sword by the handed it over to him and she watched him go back into the vault. This gave her another chance to look at the lock and it appeared she could break into this one no problem.

She watched him move out and close the vault back placing the wall over it. “Are you ready?”

Chloe thought he be more disappointed in not getting what he wanted just now but he appeared to be fine with it. “Yes definitely ready.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe couldn’t help but think how strange things where right now. She was riding down to the first floor of the Luthor Corp building and Lex hadn’t said much since they left the basement.

“I had a nice time if you can believe it.” Chloe chimed in looking over at him in the elevator. She could see him thinking about what had gone wrong today and why they weren’t sweaty and naked in one of the bedrooms in the manor.

Chloe was going to try and say something else to break the awkward silence but her thoughts where cut short by Lex lungeing at her. There was very little room for her to get away and he was pressing her up against the wall. His hands went for her waist holding her in place and his entire body pushed into hers.

In the same motion his body was going his lips were leaning down to hers brushing across them. He breathed out against her mouth and whispered to her. “I had a nice time too.”

Chloe could feel his arms going around her body jerking her closer to him. His lips pressed into her and Chloe kissed back moving her head slightly getting in position to take over the kiss. Her arms reacted slowly but she moved them up his chest curving them around his neck and cupping his smooth scalp in her hands.

She slipped her tongue out of her mouth licking pass his lips in to his mouth flicking it over the roof of his mouth to his tongue. She could hear him moan again and Chloe deepened the kiss pushing her self closer and her tongue traveled over his. She moved her way out his mouth taking her lips around his lower one tugging on it slightly before moving back on him still hold on to him.

“I think were close to the first floor.” She opened her eyes and his were still closed. She got him with that kiss and knew he had to be hard pressed not to push stop in elevator to get another.

Lex opened his eyes to look down at her clinging to him. “Your having dinner with me right?”

“Mr. Luthor I don’t think we ever agreed on such a thing.” Chloe trailed her fingers over his skull. She was pushing back the pulls in her body to kiss him again. She ignored the tingle between her legs to wrap around him and let her fuck against the wall of the elevator. She had a job and she was going to do it no matter what. Lex 's hands tightened on her waist and he was demanding what he wanted with the gesture.

“Do you want to have dinner with me Sasha?’ He was looking at her and his eyes seemed to be begging a little.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Chloe moved her arms from around him but he didn’t let go. “We have to get off.”

“Not until you answer me.”

“Why are you so intrigued by me?”

Lex lower his lips to her again. “Because you told me no.”

“And that turns you on? When you’re denied what you want?”

His teeth scraped over her lips and Chloe almost thought he was going to bite her. “No, I like a challenge.”

Chloe placed her hands over his moving back further from him. She pried him off her. “Then I guess you have your work cut out for you.”

Chloe pushed passed him out of the elevator. It wasn’t a yes to dinner but it wasn’t exactly a no. She was putting him in his place that she was in control of what was happening.

Of course she was gong to dinner but she had to see a man about vault. There was no meeting at five but it didn’t matter as long as Lex thought there was one. There was the messy business of Dominic looking into her and she would have to trust that her alias would hold long enough to get the job done.

TBC

Chapter 5 Falling

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information