Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved - NC-17 - Complete

WANT MORE WANT MORE :biggrin:

FloweR

NS Full Member
    Originally posted by flower@Jul 15 2003, 06:01 PM
    WANT MORE WANT MORE :biggrin:

FloweR
    I'm going to second that motion. You have no idea how many times I check for updates on this fic, it's kinda scary.

Angel undercover!
    Hey, I demand an update. As in *right now*. Please...., I'm even willing to beg for it, if that helps

demoness
    Great chapter! It's so exciting, Chloe's gotten back to her world and with Lucas! Wonder how he and Lex will get along!

What's going to happen to Alexander though? I know, I'll take him!!!

Tandy

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Chloe and Lucas sat on one of the plush couch’s adorning one of the many rooms at the Luthor mansion, Lex sitting across from them in an oversized chair as they all waited for her dad to arrive. She was exhausted from everything that had transpired and, as she had become accustomed to doing, she rested her head on Lucas’s shoulder. He gave her a small grin and wrapped the arm around her to make her more comfortable. Lex cleared his throat.

“Tomorrow we can have a personal shopper come to the house and get your measurements for new clothes,” he said to Lucas, trying to seem as inconspicuous about his feelings for Chloe as possible. Lucas raised an eyebrow and Chloe smiled, raising her head off of his shoulder.

“Lucky,” she jibed, lightly swatting him on the chest with the back of her hand.

“Lucky?” Lucas asked.

“Fortunate,” Chloe clarified. Lucas tilted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes slightly.

“As I recall, you did not seem anxious to have my kingdom’s dressmakers visit you.”

Chloe snickered.

“Well, yeah, because it would have meant I was giving in to staying there,” she said. “I have no problem with getting new clothes in general.”

“I see,” Lucas said, his eyes flickering with amusement. Lex leaned forward and clasped his hands together.

“You’re welcome to join us, Chloe,” he said. “I don’t think your dad has thrown any of your stuff out, and I know it hasn’t been that long, but you know as well as anyone how styles change and ---”

“*Us*?” Lucas interrupted. Lex faked a grin at him. He had hoped that his little slip up would go unnoticed, but since it wasn’t, he had no problem enacting damage control.

“Us,” Lex repeated. “Bonding – remember? Besides, I could use a few new things.”

Chloe smiled hesitantly, her gut twisting in apprehension. Lex was so…Lex. Intelligent enough to sidestep Lucas’s display of jealousy and generous enough to warm her heart, but still, it was hard to look at him and not be reminded of Alexander. It was hard to be around him without the intense, albeit volatile, chemistry she had shared with his double. Other than her initial arrival out of the portal, she had not that she had allowed herself to get anywhere near close enough to Lex to know whether they shared the same sort of connection and she was determined to keep it that way.

There was no sense in falling for someone who would never return your feelings. She had already been through that with Clark and she wasn’t going to let it happen again with Lex, especially not when she had the very real memories of being with someone who looked exactly like him still fresh in her mind.

“I appreciate the offer…Lex…but with everything that’s happened, I don’t think asking my dad for a new wardrobe would be the best idea – and I could never ask you to buy me anything since we don’t know each other that well,” she finally said. ‘There,’ she thought, ‘he’ll understand and accept that.’

“Yes, because God knows, it’s not like I can afford to buy you some new clothes,” Lex said with humored sarcasm. Chloe pursed her lips to try and keep her mouth from spreading into a smile. “Just consider it a welcome home present.” Seeing that Chloe didn’t look convinced and Lucas looked suspicious, Lex quickly added, “And I’m sure that Lucas would feel more comfortable if you were here.”

Chloe turned and tilted her head up slightly to look at Lucas. He grinned slightly and nodded in response to her unspoken question. She pushed herself toward him and wrapped her arms around him in a delighted hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” she said excitedly against him.

Lex frowned. *He* was the one providing her with a new wardrobe and she was thanking Lucas? *Hugging* Lucas? He couldn’t help the nagging feeling of jealousy that started to eat away at him, and though from what he had seen he didn’t condone his other self’s actions, he was starting to understand them. Lex was barely able to cover the look of discontent by the time the two friends turned their attention back to him, but thankfully he didn’t have to.

The butler showed up in the doorway and Chloe’s eyes were immediately drawn to the man following him.

“Dad!”

“Chloe!”

Chloe leapt out of her seat and practically tackled him. The butler let out a small, almost annoyed breath and gave an apologetic look to Lex.

“Mr. Sullivan is here, sir.”

Lex smiled, his heart warming with the fact that Gabe had finally been reunited with his daughter and that he had been the one to make it happen.

“I can see that,” he replied, his eyes going back to the butler as he stood up. “Thank you.”

The butler nodded once and left the room.

Chloe and Gabe pulled apart from their embrace and Gabe reached out to brush away some tears that had started to fall down Chloe’s cheeks.

“I didn’t know if I’d ever see you again,” she said. Gabe nodded and pulled her back into a hug, his hand moving over the back of her head.

“I know. I didn’t think --- God, I’m so glad you’re alright,” he said. Chloe pulled back a final time and smiled tearfully at him. She sniffled and Gabe finally looked over the attire his daughter was clothed in. His brow furrowed ever so slightly. “What are you wearing?” His head cocked to the side. “And why are you wearing a crown?”

“Long story,” she replied with a lilt to her voice. She tugged on his arm. “Come on, there’s someone I want you to meet.” Gabe smiled in amusement, not having noticed Lucas in the room.

“I already know Lex, sweetheart.”

Chloe slapped his arm playfully.

“Not Lex – Lucas,” she said, motioning to where Lucas was now standing up. Gabe suddenly felt an uneasy feeling sweep through him. His daughter had just come home from…somewhere…and she wanted him to meet a young man who was dressed in the same time period of clothing as she was.

‘This can’t be good,’ he thought.

“Dad, this is Lucas Luthor. Lucas, this is my dad, Gabe Sullivan,” she introduced. Lucas stepped forward and gave Gabe a small bow of his head, causing Gabe to pull back the hand he had starting reaching out to shake Lucas’s with.

“Your highness,” Lucas greeted. Gabe’s eyebrows rose and Chloe quickly maneuvered herself so she was holding onto Lucas’s arm. She raised herself up onto her tiptoes to speak into his ear.

“He’s not a king here – remember?”

Lucas nodded and grinned at the fact that Chloe was so close to him.

“My apologies, my princess.”

Chloe rolled her eyes a little and shook her head lightly.

“And I’m not ---”

Lucas reached out and placed a finger against her lips to still her words. He leaned a little closer to her, until she could feel his warm breath against the skin of her cheek.

“You will always be my princess,” he said, “regardless of what title this world has placed upon you.” Chloe smiled sweetly at him and Gabe and Lex exchanged a disparaging expression. Gabe cleared his throat.

“Okay, I think I need to be filled on some details,” he said to Chloe. “Princess? World? Where exactly have you been all this time?”

Chloe grimaced and then gave her dad a large, forced smile.

“Maybe you should sit down,” she suggested.

“Chloe ---”

“She’s right,” Lex cut in. “There’s a strong possibility that you’ll have trouble believing what you’re about to hear…” he stopped for a second and smirked at Gabe. “And you’ll have less of a fall to the floor from the chair if you pass out.” Gabe glared at him and Lex let his smirk slide into a smile as he motioned to the chair a couple of feet away from where he had been sitting earlier.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” Gabe muttered to himself as he sat down. Chloe and Lucas took their previous seats on the couch and Lex remained standing. “So?” Gabe asked expectantly. Chloe sighed and shook her head as she looked down at her lap.

“It’s all so weird – I’m not even sure where to begin.”

“Chloe was born into my world to King Gabriel and Queen Rebecca,” Lucas started when he saw that neither Chloe nor Lex jumped right into it. Gabe opened his mouth to speak, but Lucas continued. “From what I have been told, a prophecy foretold of someone close to her doing her harm, so the king had her sent to your world and exchanged for your daughter so his blood would not be the one harmed.”

“What?” Gabe asked, not sure if he was hearing the young man correctly.

“It’s a long story, Dad,” Chloe said. “A *long* story. But, the gist of it is that the Chloe they replaced me with died, so they came back here to get me and left her in my place.” Gabe nodded dumbly but then stopped and stared at his daughter.

“What are you telling me, Chloe?” he asked. “That you’re not even really from here? That you’ve been in some – what? Parallel universe or something?” He paused as Chloe nodded. Gabe blinked and then shook his head. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“It’s the truth, Gabe,” Lex interjected. “I’m not sure how I can explain it, but I got…visions…of her there.”

“Visions,” Gabe repeated with great disbelief lining his voice.

“That makes sense,” Chloe said.

“It does?” Gabe asked. Chloe nodded.

“James said he was trying to contact you through the inter-dimensional walls or whatever,” she told Lex. “That’s probably what you saw.”

“The blonde guy,” Lex said in confirmation of her statement. Chloe nodded again, followed by a curt nod of Lex’s head. “I was wondering who he was.”

“Chloe?” Gabe asked, leaning forward in his chair. “I don’t suppose you could fill your old man in on what you’re all talking about?”

“It’s how I found out where she was,” Lex said, deciding not to go into a further explanation of the things he had seen. There was no need for Chloe to know that he had seen her and his double together – at least not yet. “After that, a few phone calls to some magic shops and I found out how to bring her home.” Gabe stared at Lex, searching his face for any sign that the younger man might be trying to use his finely-honed skills of deceit on him, but found none.

“O-kay,” he strung out slowly. Why did it matter where she was? She was back now, safe and alive. That’s what he wanted, wasn’t it? He looked over at his daughter and gave her a small grin, one which quickly fell when he noticed the ring on her left hand for the first time. “Chloe,” he started in a warning voice and narrowed his eyes at Lucas. “Are you ---?”

“Am I what?” she asked.

“You, your finger – you have a we---” he stopped himself before he started stumbling over his words and then cleared his throat. “Are you married?” Chloe paled and pulled away from Lucas a little as she straightened her posture.

“No,” Lucas said straight to Gabe. “Her marriage to my brother Alexander is not valid in your world.” Chloe cringed and darted her eyes off to the side so she wouldn’t have to see what she was sure was a surprised and probably disturbed, questioning look on Lex’s face.

“Alexander,” Gabe repeated. Lex stared down at Chloe until she finally looked up.

“We were married?” he asked, trying to put a surprised tone into his voice, but already knowing the answer. Gabe’s eyes widened in shock, but before he could say anything, Chloe cleared her throat and answered Lex’s question.

“Well, not you and me – you know – it was,” she paused as she tried to think of how she could explain the situation without making her sound crazy. “I was married to your…other self,” she admitted quietly. “It was an arranged marriage and ---” she trailed off with a small sigh. “We weren’t married for that long if it makes you feel any better.”

“It doesn’t,” Gabe interrupted. He ran his hands over his face. “So, what happened to him – your husband? Why did you bring his brother back with you instead of him? Or should I even ask?”

Chloe remained quiet and absently rubbed at the spot on her arm where her birth control implant had been removed. Lucas draped his arm over her shoulders and lightly ran his fingers along the top of her bandage through her dress sleeve.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” she said. “I just hope it doesn’t get infected.”

Gabe felt his discontent with Chloe being married in the other world slip away into the concern that overcame him with her words.

“You hope *what* doesn’t get infected? What did they do to you?”

Chloe flinched. There was no easy way to explain what had happened without getting her dad upset again. If he hadn’t been happy about her being married to Alexander – however briefly – then she was fairly certain that he would throw a fit over hearing that her husband had her birth control implant removed without her permission.

“They, um…”

Lucas, however, had no issues with announcing his brother’s misbehavior.

“Alexander had Carrado remove the device from her arm against her will,” he said. Gabe furrowed his brow as he tried to think of what Lucas was talking about.

“Device?” he asked, his eyes widening in realization when he saw the look on Chloe’s face. “I’ll kill him.”

Lucas didn’t even attempt to hide the smug grin that passed over his lips.

He could definitely get used to things here.

TBC…

Elviriel
    Just a Guest!
    Oh ! An update at last ! Thank you so much I'm so happy to read this story I love it it's one of my favourite ... Poor Gabe... he must be confused...

NS Full Member
    Poor Gabe! He thinks his daughter is dead, then she's back and some nutjob has cut her open. Hope he doesn't go all with the blaming of Lex after it's explained more properly to him. And, really, Chloe, totally hugging the wrong Luthor there.

Blue

NS Full Member
    *shriek*

That was amazing! I'm SO glad you updated this! I can't wait what's going to happen next! Fanfic like this makes the bad script writing in Smallville all worth it. Thank you!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh Lex is in trouble... Lucas :tease: I cant stand him.

Hope :
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

O yeah...update! Dancing for joy here!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information