+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved - NC-17 - Complete

NS Full Member
    omg, i have been waiting fo you to update and u didn't let me down!!! but u have too update again, i'm willing to fail college to read ur story

So it's just Chloe, Lex, and Alexander.
    In a big mansion.
    Alone.
    Probably with a king size bed.
    :eyebrows: :yay: opdevil: :smut:
    Me. ---> :biggrin:

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    LOL@czech...god do all the ns-ers think alike?

It was like I was communicating to you through brain waves. I sat there and stared at the screen and was like, "oh, shit, it's an orgy."

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    I love love LOVE this story!!! When I first started reading it I was like, uum, okay, but now i'm totally addicted to it! So glad you got Lucas out of the way, he was really starting to annoy me. I have mixed feelings about Alexander, but Chloe should SO end up with Lex! But really, it's SUCH a great story! Update soon?! Please?! :biggrin:

Posted by Blair023

LOL@czech...god do all the ns-ers think alike?

It was like I was communicating to you through brain waves. I sat there and stared at the screen and was like, "oh, shit, it's an orgy."
    We have dirty minds. So sue us.

Liked, Lucas, didn't like the neck-snapping thing. Not sure how I feel about him being "dead."

James needs to take a rest. A *long* rest. And maybe not wake up.

As for Alexander? He just needs to not walk in on Chloe and Lex in the bedroom.

NS Full Member
    I have already read this ff in other forum, perhaps ff.net.
    Anyways good fic

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: Just warning you that many of you will be upset by the latest twist in this last installment of the story, but it was necessary to appease my muse – and I know that you all want her to keep working for me, so hopefully you won’t complain too much.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hey! That’s not what happened!” a tiny voice argued in protest.

A snicker came from a corner of the room, followed by a snide comment.

“Obviously.”

The word caused Lex’s initially amused smirk spread into a full, teasing smile. He leaned forward in his chair and gave an upward nod of his head to the little boy who had spoken seconds before.

“How do you know? You weren’t there,” he pointed out.

“And we wouldn’t be *here* if it had happened that way,” another little voice said.

Lex turned to the older boy sitting next to his little brother on the couch and gave him a tight grin, though there was no malice behind it.

“You’re entirely too smart for a five year old. You know that?”

The boy smirked with pride, but his little brother wasn’t entertained by the exchange between the two.

“Daddy tell it,” he pouted, pointing a small finger at the corner of the room.

Lex twisted a little in his seat and craned his neck back to look in the direction that the snicker had come from earlier.

“Looks like you’re on.”

Lucas arched a mocking eyebrow at him and rose from his chair.

“Are you certain? It sounded like you were having a grand time making me out to be the villain and then killing me off.”

“I was,” Lex admitted without missing a beat, smirking as Lucas shot a warning glare at him. “Too bad you’ve already told your kids the story the way it really happened. It’s much more interesting my way.”

“The way in which it is you who ends up with Chloe instead of me?”

Lex rose from his seat, the smirk still on his face as he spoke in a tone that was hushed enough so the two little boys wouldn’t be able to hear him.

“Obviously,” he said, mimicking Lucas’s earlier statement and tone.

Instead of jealously lashing out against him, Lucas merely scoffed and took the chair that Lex had abandoned.

“Only in your falsified version of history, Lex,” he tauntingly chided.

Lex shrugged.

“It could have happened,” he responded nonchalantly. “Besides, most versions of history are lies. Or haven’t you gotten around to reading the history books here yet?”

“I prefer to concentrate on the present,” Lucas answered, helping his younger son, Kegan, climb up onto his lap. “Now, Caedmon,” he said, glancing at his older son who had sprawled himself out on the couch,” As I haven’t been in the room the entire time, where did your uncle deviate from the true story?”

“When you and mom came through the swirly gate.”

Lucas growled low in his throat, but pushed aside his irritation so he could tell the true story before dinner was ready.

Lex snickered to himself and strolled quietly out of the room, moving to where Chloe was cooking in the kitchen. He placed a hand on the small of her back and grinned at her as she turned her head to look at him.

“Smells good.”

“Thanks.

“You know, you’ve turned into quite the super-mom.”

Chloe laughed and shook her head.

“The only reason I’m cooking is because our cook is out of town visiting family for the holidays,” she said.

Lex gave her a one-shouldered shrug.

“You’re good at it,” he said, practically looming over some of the dishes that she was preparing.

“I’m good at lots of things,” she replied cheekily. Lex smirked.

“I’m sure you are.”

“So, what are you guys doing out there? Watching football or something?”

Lex chuckled.

“Actually, your kids won out in the battle between football and cartoons, forcing your poor dad to go watch TV in the other room,” he said. Chloe smiled at him, but quickly turned her attention to the many dishes cooking on top of the stove. “Then, once they realized that there were only – and I quote – ‘girl cartoons’ on – I convinced them to turn it off altogether.”

Chloe’s eyebrows rose.

“Wow. You got the boys to turn off the TV? I’m impressed,” she said. “Maybe we should make you their new nanny.” Lex smiled; a mischievous smile that didn’t escape Chloe’s attention. “What?”

“Nothing,” he lied. “I’m just not sure Lucas would appreciate that.”

“Why?” Chloe asked suspiciously.

“Well, I had to keep them entertained somehow…”

“Uh-huh. So?”

“So I started telling them the story of how their parents first met,” Lex said.

The corners of Chloe’s lips quirked upward.

“And I suppose you took some artistic license?” she asked.

“It wasn’t *that* bad.”

“Which is why you’ve been banished to the kitchen,” Chloe pointed out. Lex smirked. “Uh-huh. That’s what I thought.”

“Okay, so I may have…embellished a little,” Lex admitted. “But overall, my story was much more entertaining.”

Chloe smiled at him.

“I’ll bet,” she said. “So what did your embellishment include?”

“I added some things, deleted some others,” he said as if it were nothing.

“I don’t suppose you’d care to be more specific?”

Lex leaned his side against the countertop and smirked at her.

“I sort of…killed off my dad.”

Chloe furrowed her brow.

“But your dad *is* dead.”

“Yes, but he didn’t really have his neck snapped by your husband,” Lex said. Chloe gave him quick glare out of the corner of her eye that he smiled at. “If it makes you feel better, I had a hit man comment on how well he did the job.”

“Should I even ask what the rest of the story entailed?” she asked.

“Probably not…but you will anyway.”

Chloe laughed and then handed a long wooden spoon to Lex.

“Here. As long as you’ve been banished to the kitchen, you can at least make yourself helpful,” she said, motioning to one of the pots on the stove with her head.

“Technically I wasn’t banished. I’m sure that Lucas would have loved for me to stick around and listen to the boring version where Lana wasn’t killed and Alexander didn’t come through the portal to kill him and retrieve you,” Lex said, starting to stir the food in the pot.

Chloe let out a low groan.

“You didn’t.”

“Well, what fun would it have been to tell the truth? You and Lucas came through the portal and I sealed the gate so nobody could make any more gates to come get you,” he said in a monotone voice. “Where’s the adventure and excitement in that? They’re boys, Chloe – they need those things.”

“You don’t think the rest of the story is adventuresome enough? I mean, traveling through portals to alternate realities, war breaking out because of it, their uncle Alexander dying bravely in battle…?”

“Yeah…I kind of left out that part.”

“Lex!”

“What? I couldn’t very well have him come through the portal to get you if he was dead already, now could I?” Lex asked teasingly. “Although…I suppose a zombie element *would have* given the story a special touch. Maybe next Halloween…”

“You’re incorrigible.”

“Thank you.”

Chloe chuckled and shook her head lightly.

“And what was that about Lana dying?” she asked.

“Oh, it was tragic,” Lex said with feigned seriousness. “The clean up crew I hired to make my father’s death look like an accident made his car speed and weave on the road, spooking the horse that Lana was riding…”

“Get to the point.”

“My already dead father hit Lana and her horse with his car, killing all of them instantly upon impact.”

Chloe groaned again.

“And you told my *kids* this? They’re way too young for that sort of thing, Lex,” she said. Lex scoffed and she sighed. “Alright, I guess it’s too late now. I don’t suppose you managed to kill Clark off in this twisted story of yours?”

“I was getting to it when Kegan interrupted me.”

“Called you on the accuracy or your little tale, did he?” Chloe asked somewhat snidely, though her voice was lined with pride for her younger son.

“He had the nerve to tell me – ‘that wasn’t the way it happened’,” Lex grumbled, though the smile twitching at his lips betrayed his words and the tone with which he said them.

“Well, he’s heard the story *how* many times now?” Chloe pointed out. “I’m pretty sure both of them have it memorized.”

“Exactly. So, why tell them the same thing they’ve heard over and over again? They’re too stuck on routine.”

Chloe laughed and let out a tiny laugh, but didn’t notice the way Lex’s smile had fallen into a pensive look of adoration. After a minute or so of silence, of turning their attentions to the food that was almost done cooking, Lex finally spoke again.

“Do you ever think about Alexander and what you gave up?” he asked quietly, his eyes still focused on stirring something that really didn’t need to be stirred any more.

“He died, Lex.”

“I know, but…there are always those what-ifs, aren’t there? I mean, what if you didn’t fight marrying him and were away on your honeymoon when the battle broke out? You could have been a princess, Chloe.”

Chloe allowed a sad half-grin to crawl across her mouth.

“Sometimes,” she said in a hushed voice. Lex turned and looked at her questioningly. “Sometimes I think about the what-ifs, but…I think that’s normal. I think everyone does that – looks at all of the different directions their lives could have taken. Just look at Lana. That’s what almost every conversation I’ve ever had with her is based on.”

“Are you implying that Lana’s normal?”

“Well…no,” Chloe said, her grin raising into a slight smile. “My point was going to be that even if I occasionally think about those things – I’m happy with my life. I wouldn’t give up what I have now for anything. If I had stayed there I wouldn’t have had my boys…well, not Kegan anyway.” Chloe’s face fell sullen. “Amazing chemistry is great, but you need more than that to make a relationship last.” She shot him a wry look. “Just look at you. How many women have you married who tried to kill you for your money? I thought you’d have learned the fiery, short-term passion doesn’t necessarily equal love lesson by now.”

“I have.”

Chloe stopped what she was doing, startled by Lex’s words.

“You have?” she asked, a pleased smile lighting up her face as the implications of what he was saying danced around in her mind.

“Yes, but it’s a delicate matter of timing. I’m waiting for the right time to tell her how I fell about her.”

“Who is she? Is it anyone I know?”

Lex smirked.

“No offense, but I don’t want to jinx it by telling you – not yet anyway.”

Chloe’s smile lapsed into a smaller one and she reached out to touch his arm compassionately.

“Okay. But you know I’m your friend. And I hope you’ll tell me eventually.”

“I will,” Lex said, glancing down at the physical contact. Even if Chloe’s motives were completely platonic, it still sent a jolt of electricity through his body. “It’s just a matter of timing.”

The End

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    *insert primal scream* How COULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?! You know there's only gonna be ONE person being happy about this ending GRAH! Unacceptable! Horrible, just WRONG!!!! In so many ways! Grah! Ok it was well written as ever, but COME ON!!!! Lucas? Why?!? Why?!?!

Now you really really need to make MM good because, damn I need to collect myself now *pinches bridge of nose*

*goes of muttering* B baby, you won't believe what Kris did, it's ...

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Kris give me a reason for me not to come after you? Please give me a reason :die:

Hope :tease: :tease:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :blush: Loved that this is finaly finnished, even if chloe ended up with lucus and not lex :tease: :crygreen: but what a twisty story!! you have had me griped from beginning to end! I loved that lex still has hope too, and how he rearanged the story. well done indeed!! :worship2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information