Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in!

18 62.07%
  • Nah, count me out...

0 0%
  • If only I had the money!...

8 27.59%
  • If only I had a CC/Paypal account/etc!

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NS MR/AM Charity Donation.. thing

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: NS MR/AM Charity Donation.. thing

(Small FYI, Admins are excluded from the bumping policy, as we may need to do some bumping to bring attention to important topics etc etc)

How about we set several smaller goals? Like, f.ex, from March 25th - April 25th raise like, 500 USD? Or is that too much? I'm simply doing some calculations from NOK to USD, and 500 USD is about 3000 NOK, which isn't bad...

Also, *if* someone reallyreally badly wants to pay with a money check, that can be arranged, but the sum will have to be a little big, as it's a really slow process (the check has to be sent to me, I have to go to a bank and hand it in, then the bank has to send it back to the origin country for verification, then back to my bank, and THEN into my account with some fees,... of course). But it *is* possible if someone wants that option. If so, just PM me!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Mrs. Smith Senior Member JosiCuervo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Also, *if* someone reallyreally badly wants to pay with a money check, that can be arranged, but the sum will have to be a little big, as it's a really slow process (the check has to be sent to me, I have to go to a bank and hand it in, then the bank has to send it back to the origin country for verification, then back to my bank, and THEN into my account with some fees,... of course). But it *is* possible if someone wants that option. If so, just PM me!
    If it would be easier for everyone, they could just mail the check to me, and I could Paypal it to you. If you want, of course.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by JosiCuervo
    If it would be easier for everyone, they could just mail the check to me, and I could Paypal it to you. If you want, of course.

*shrug*
    Hell, yeah, that's true! lol! Alrighty then! Money check people - talk to Josi! Thanks Josi!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Full Member

i think this is a great idea. my only suggestion is that we periodically benchmark our position relative to our goal so that we don't fall short unnecessarily by the deadling.

I've updated the little "random stuff" box to "NS Charity Donation" box, and I'll update it whenever someone donates

NS Full Member

Thumbs up Re: NS MR/AM Charity Donation.. thing

I'm game with donation idea.

Have you guys settled on monetary goals, donation deadlines, etc or are we still a work-in-progress?

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

Ok, question. I have a pay pal account, but no bank account. When I get the money (which will be in probably about a month as I'm waiting for my Pell check), I can just send it through Josi?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Q
    I'm game with donation idea.

Have you guys settled on monetary goals, donation deadlines, etc or are we still a work-in-progress?
    People have started to donate, but we haven't got any donation deadlines as of yet, nor a goal... Yet

Edit: Ann, yeah, talk to Josi
    Last edited by Julie; 16th April 2006 at 03:34.

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Hm, cool... Okay, how about we give half to Kids With A Cause and the other half to the Ronald McDonald one?
    Sorry I'm late on this. I think the above idea is awesome. I'm in. Will the donations be made in Allison and Michael's names? Because that would be cool too. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LEXNCHLOEROCK
    Sorry I'm late on this. I think the above idea is awesome. I'm in. Will the donations be made in Allison and Michael's names? Because that would be cool too. Just a thought.
    I guess it will be from them, on the behalf of the NS community or something like that

Thread Information