Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Tricky, Tricky -

By: Masked Grace

Chapter One -

"It's Not That Serious"

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Disclaimer: I don't own Chloe, Lex, Clark, Lana, Zoloft, Lipitor, Old Town Eatery or Dracula. The story's just for creative output and fun, I'm not receiving any money for it. Dang.

Another Note: Some of you asked for it, so here it is... Yay!

She was sitting on a park bench, headphones on and up to the fullest volume, no doubt. She was one of those who either listened to music loud, or had it off. As his legs traveled him closer to her, her head began to nod as her eyes flickered from her laptop's keyboard to the screen and her lips began to mouth the words of the song, or at least what he thought it was the song.

He was approaching the bench when her eyes happened to look over at the dark figure walking her way and a kind smile found it's way to her lips when she took him in, before taking her headphones off and placing them next to the CD player that she deftly turned off and closed her laptop, setting it next to it as he took a seat next to her.

"Hey Chlo." She turned back around to take him in, out in the summer warmth with one of his silk shirts on, the sleeves rolled to three-quarter lengths and his dress slacks looking impeccably clean, and to complete the ensemble, his shoes could have been mirrors. Proper summer clothing, for sure.

"Well, well, well, Lex. I thought the sunlight killed vampires,” he smirked as he remembered her accusing him of being a vampire after he stayed within the confines of his mansion for a week, too busy with trying to seal a deal to leave, and shook his head. "But maybe it's different for the all-mighty Dracula." His smirk grew into a soft smile and he relaxed into the bench's back.

"And here I thought you were going to be civil to me for once. I just might be hurt."

She mocked surprise, "Me? Civil? Let me ask Lex, have you been mixing drugs? Because you know, as your almost-shrink, I don't think it's wise to mix Zoloft and Lipitor."

That sparkle was in her eyes now - the one that told him that she was ready to take on anything he was willing to dish out on her after her statement. His eyebrow rose. She hated that he was "talented" enough to raise one without the other, since she couldn't. "What makes you think I have high blood pressure?" He saw her eyes travel to the eyebrow from maintaining eye contact and sure enough, he saw her slightly give him a glare.

"Oh, maybe it's because you just ooze stress and it has to be taking a toll somehow on your body."

"And why, exactly, is my body on your mind?"

She sputtered after his question that he said with a suggestive tone and looked away, "Uhh... No, it's not... not like that. I wouldn't think of you like that. Oh, that came out wrong. I..." her eyes came back to his and that smirk of his was spread out over his features and she felt her cheeks flush with blood.

"You?" he asked, his leg coming up to rest his ankle on his knee, making him look relaxed.

"I... am... going to kill you." his teeth were white when they were shown in the smile that she never saw out of him, a smile that reached his eyes and created crow's feet at the corners of them.

"Innocent little Chloe kill me? Why do I think that's unbelievable?"

She grinned innocently, "Because I'm... and I'm quoting you here, Lex -- 'innocent'?" she finished the statement by tilting her head and batting her eyelashes.

His eyebrow was still raised, "Innocent, hmm? Okay. So how are you and the living adjustments?" And just like that, he could change the subject. She immediately bit her lower lip in thought, her eyes falling to look at the sidewalk. It had been two months since she had graduated from Smallville High with Clark and Lana and was now attending the new college in Smallville - named appropriately "L.L. College" after Lex contributed an outrageous - and undisclosed -amount of money to build it. It was only a small college -- one of those two year ones, but for Chloe, it was better than being three hours away from everyone.

After a few days of being hounded by Lana - Clark just watched from a distance with a look of amusement on his face - of what she was doing that was so secretive, she finally gave in and told them about her moving out of her Father's house and looking for an apartment of her own and that she was, indeed, staying in Smallville. Lana had squealed, loudly, Clark grimaced and finally stepped into the conversation to ask her to move into the spacious apartment that Lana had just received from her father as a graduation present. It was weird living in quarters where Lana and Clark could - and did - flirt all they wanted, and Chloe secretly yearned for it, but tried to ignore it.

She sighed and returned to the day that was slowly getting warmer, "A bit... weird. And Clark says 'Hi'." she confided and squinted up at the sky, cursing it for not having cloud cover.

Lex noticed her glaring at the sky and had to curse it himself. Today was supposed to be another scorcher and the silk shirt wasn't making things cooler.

"Do you want to go to lunch? I'll pay."

"For your half again? I think not." His teeth came back out in a smile and he stood as she gathered her stuff and placed it into her book bag, standing to walk with him.
    "So where are we going to lunch?" she asked, looking over at him, hands
    in his slack's pockets and looking comfortable. She knew better.
    He took in a breath and looked back over to her, "I don't know. Do you have a particular place you would like to go?"

She was actually shocked this time. Lex? Asking her where they were going? Something was going on... "What's going on Lex?" She was suddenly the reporter-Chloe, not friend-Chloe.

His eyebrows rose and he slightly shook his head, "Nothing. Just thought that since you whined all the way through the meal last time, and I don't want to go through that again, I'd give you the choice."

Chloe tried to raise one eyebrow, failed and looked at him, trying to see through his statement. "Fine. I'll believe it. For now. I was thinking about going to Old Town Eatery one of these days." He nodded his head in agreement.

"Old Town, it is. Hop in."

She hadn't even noticed that they had walked to his car, but hopped in, her book bag going to the backseat, per usual.

"Buckle up." He told her as the engine turned over and she gave him a look.

"You think I wouldn't after the last time that we made it to the restaurant in what? Point five seconds?"

"Oh, just relax. I'm carrying precious cargo... just buckle yourself up."

"Lex Luthor telling me to relax? That would most definitely have made it on the Wall of Weird. And awww... he said I was precious cargo." she teased and soon as the click from her seatbelt was heard, he pulled out from the curb.

"I wasn't talking about you, Sullivan. I was referring to that laptop back there. What kind of secrets do you have hidden in it, hmm?" As she stayed silent, she gave him a dirty look that he only smiled back to.

Today's lunch date was going to be fun, if anything. Now if only she would just remain friend-Chloe for a little while longer...

Ay Carumba! Like I said, I would love to have feedback, even if it's the ever famous, "Put your pad and pen away, kid. Stick to reading." or, "Add more, biotch!", I would love to know what you think.

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R)

[QUOTE=MaskedGrace]
    "And here I thought you were going to be civil to me for once. I just might be hurt."

She mocked surprise, "Me? Civil? Let me ask Lex, have you been mixing drugs? Because you know, as your almost-shrink, I don't think it's wise to mix Zoloft and Lipitor."

That sparkle was in her eyes now - the one that told him that she was ready to take on anything he was willing to dish out on her after her statement. His eyebrow rose. She hated that he was "talented" enough to raise one without the other, since she couldn't. "What makes you think I have high blood pressure?" He saw her eyes travel to the eyebrow from maintaining eye contact and sure enough, he saw her slightly give him a glare.

"Oh, maybe it's because you just ooze stress and it has to be taking a toll somehow on your body."

"And why, exactly, is my body on your mind?"

I loved this stretch of banter!!! It was too funny! Please may we have some more?!

Yasmine32068

Um the second one but with out calling you a bad name I find people tend to do what you want more when they don't hate you. And I do want you to add more and soon!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Oh man, you must add more!

I do love a flirtatious Lex Luthor, and a flustered Chloe Sullivan

And we do need to know what happens during their lunch
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Really like it. Please add more.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

This is classic Chlex I am so glad its back. More please....

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

whoa! wait a sec here...."a little while longer"??? What the hell is that supposed to mean?? This is def. gonna be a good one. Keep up the good work.

That was cute, loved the banter and the details were good. waiting for more.

ohh this looks like an intresting story can't wait to read what you come up with next.
    Kirsten

Aww, verry cute, I can't wait for the next part.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"The only way to get ideas for stories is to drink way too much coffee and buy a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it..."
    -- Douglas Noel Adams

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information