+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 8 - 8/2

Great update and lex is not dieing right? He will be saved right?

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by Louie
    It would also be(if done incorrectly), kinda super cheesy. Though this story has been full of wonderfully done cheese so far, so if anyone can pull it off it's probably MaskedGrace.

Awww! -sniffs and wipes tear away- Louie. How wonderfully sweet of you to say that I do cheesy stuff well.

... and wherever did I mention that Lex was going to live past the eighth of November? -scans over last chapter- Nope... I don't see it anywhere... so no miracles for Lexy-pooh. (Guh. Did I just say that?)

And no need to fret about the story being over. I plan to do several sequals

It s such a wonderful story!
    Amazing work really!
    Hope you update soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I love how cute Lex and Chloe are with each other. Clark and Lana are dumbasses as always. Lois is great, love her nosiness. But what is this weird plot with Lex dying. Lex doesn't die unless he's like 80 and has lived a long healthy and happy life with Chloe. And what's up with this sneaky person? I need the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedGrace
    ... and wherever did I mention that Lex was going to live past the eighth of November? -scans over last chapter- Nope... I don't see it anywhere... so no miracles for Lexy-pooh. (Guh. Did I just say that?)

And no need to fret about the story being over. I plan to do several sequals
    But how do you do sequals especially several if one o0f the main characters is gone? Though I suppose you could write up everyones different reaction to his dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf
    I love how cute Lex and Chloe are with each other. Clark and Lana are dumbasses as always. Lois is great, love her nosiness. But what is this weird plot with Lex dying. Lex doesn't die unless he's like 80 And what's up with this sneaky person? I need the answers.

Hahahh... Well, seeing as how I'm leaving tomorrow (-tear!-) I just may have to give my muse a swift kick in the pants and make chapter ten shorter than what I had originally hoped for... no matter, though.

"Unless he's 80 and has lived a long healthy and happy life with Chloe." Amen to that!

and I know I very rarely give out shoutouts at the chapter beginnings, but thank you to everyone who had reviewed on this... especially if you've been with me from the beginning

Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 9 - 8/3

Tricky, Tricky –
    By: Masked Grace
    Chapter Nine –
    “Whatever Gets You Through Today”

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Disclaimer: You don't know this? Check chapter one.

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Note: I swear... this is like a new record for me. I can't believe I wrote this so quickly! Enjoy!

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.

.-.-.

Lois shrugged after Chloe’s outburst, “I was only joking. Besides, it’s not like it’s true.” She paused as she went back to her food before stilling and looking back at her, “Right?”

Chloe scoffed, “Lois, please. I’m not that irresponsible.”

“Lana was looking a little pudgy, though.” Lex cut in, placing his napkin on his plate and relaxing slightly into the booth, done with his meal.

“You were checking Lana out?” “Where did you saw Lana?” The two women asked simultaneously, motionless and staring at him.

“I wasn’t ‘checking her out’, I merely noticed that her stomach – this is one of those times where whatever I say, I’m going to be in trouble, huh?” he asked, watching as Chloe’s eyes darkened.

Lois nodded, “Yeah, sounds like it. But that’s beside the point. Where did you see Lana?” she asked and Lex risked looking from Chloe to Lois and answered her.

“At the bookstore with Clark. That’s where we were when you called.”

“At… the bookstore? With Clark.” Lois repeated, turning to Chloe who had gone back to her food, “When did they learn to read?”

Chloe snorted, putting Lex’s comment aside for the time being, “Will you be nice?” she sobered before cracking another smile.

Making small talk while they finished their lunch, Lois happened to look out of the window and tilted her head, squinting her eyes against the sun, “Is that… paparazzi that I see?” she asked, grabbing the attention of the two.

“So it is… huh. I wonder why – oh, that’s right. Every reporter in the world wants your guys’ picture, don’t they?” she asked, earning identical jaded looks.

“Well, it wasn’t my choice to pick a rich and powerful boyfriend, was it?” she asked Chloe as they stood.

“Spare me, Lois. I’ll call you later.” Chloe replied as Lex paid for their meal.

“Okay, c’mon, Chlo. Great to see you again Lois.” Lex said non commitally, hurrying Chloe to the car.

The photographer was soon taking pictures of their dust.

Another two weeks passed by at an alarming rate and Chloe found herself hugging, kissing, watching and dreaming of him more often, her dreams filled with violent deaths that always woke her up in the wee hours of the morning, usually around the time that Lex was getting ready for work.

Today was one of those days that the dreams were so violent and gory, Chloe woke with cold sweat making the sheets stick to her through her bedclothes (if she had any) and feeling sick to her stomach. Peeling the hair off of her face, she got up and moved to the half-way closed bathroom door, smiling softly as she heard Lex humming a tune that was well familiar to her as the shower started.

Coming inside the bathroom, she smiled at the blurred outline of his body through the shower door, his humming continuing.

Shedding her clothing, she opened the shower door, watching as he lathered himself with soap, his head nodding in tune with his humming. She grinned.

Closing the door behind her silently as she joined him, her arms found their way around his waist, “Oh, if only The National Enquirer knew that Lex Luthor hummed Disney songs in the shower.” She teased as he turned in her arms, fixing her with a look that she had to laugh at.

“Only because you made me watch that wretched movie last night.” He joked, pulling her hair away from her face in order to brush a kiss to her brow.

“Hey, hey, hey, Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie when I was little. Don’t be dissing on it, moneybags.” He laughed to the ceiling, “And look! Now I am Belle. I have a giant castle and my own very temperamental Beast.”

He growled, making her laugh, “Beast, huh? I’ll show you beast, Miss Sullivan.”

“Here, let me help.” Chloe asked almost forty-five minutes later, both of them now out of the shower. Lex was tying his tie in the bathroom, the finishing touch on his new dark blue Armani suit.

He gave her a look and looked back in the mirror, “I’ve been tying ties since I was eleven, Chlo. I think I know how to tie one.” She hummed, giving him the same look that he had given her.

“Maybe,” she said from her post on the counter, her feet dangling more than a few inches off the ground, “but you don’t know where center is.”

Moving in between her knees, he watched over her shoulder, in the mirror, as she straightened the tie slightly before smoothing her hands from his chest to his shoulders, her eyes glazed over.

“Don’t think on those dreams, Chlo.” He said suddenly, grabbing her attention and she turned her eyes to his, feeling her heart break. She would miss him.

“Right. Just my silly imagination.” She tried convincing herself, smoothing down his jacket once more, though it never needed it.

He nodded, his hands hooking in her kneecaps and pulling her towards him for a kiss. When they parted, he gave her a grin and a kiss on her cheek, “Use that imagination for something better.” He whispered before he quickly kissed her once more and left, humming once again.

Curled on the sofa in the living room, Chloe had the DVD player going, playing a movie that she wasn’t watching, nor listening to. A cup of tea sat on the coffee table, neglected, and the throw blanket was covering her legs, but she was paying attention to the phone that was clutched in one hand, deciding whether or not to call.

She had to get this off her chest, and she could only think of one person who she could trust…

“Yeah?” Lois answered gruffly, in the middle of washing dishes while watching a particularly easy Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? And of course, someone had to call in the middle of a clutch question.

“Lois? It’s Chloe…” her voice was quiet, meek.

“Chlo? Hey cuz. Say, do you know who replaced Gene Michaels as the manager for the Yankees in 1982?”

“Uhh… no, I can’t say that I do. Are-” Chloe sighed, wondering if she should have called at all, “Are you busy?”

“I’m cleaning… why?”

Another pause, “I need to talk to someone,” she replied, quiet once again.

“What kind of talk? Is this like, coffee-talk or Kleenex-and-cookie-dough-talk?” she asked, turning away from the sink and television.

“Cookie dough.” She sighed.

“Okay, I’ll be there in twenty.”

Chloe sighed, hanging up the phone, not feeling any better knowing that Lois was coming over.

She hadn’t even noticed that twenty minutes had passed until the doorbell rang. Getting up and walking to the front door, Lois’ voice met her ears before she ever saw anything.

“Now just listen here, Paul Bunyan… Chloe invited me over. Invited. As in, she’s expecting me, now let me through!”

Chloe smiled as she turned the corner into the foyer, “It’s all right Mike, I invited her over.”

He moved from the doorway and Lois stepped through, giving the tall man a glare as she held a drink carrier in one hand, carrying two coffees from the Talon, and in the other hand, a plastic bag from the local supermarket.

“I bring good tidings of cookie dough, coffee, ice cream, a few chick flicks and Kleenex. I thought we could make a day of vegging in front of the TV and wishing we had 1940 romances.”

Chloe felt her eyes prickle and sniffed as she realized she had made the right choice, “Thanks, Lois.”

Two hours later, the coffee was gone, tissues littered around the couch and coffee table, the cookie dough was half-way eaten and Casablanca’s credits were rolling.

“Thanks again, Lois.” Chloe sniffled before blowing her nose to no avail of relieving herself of her runny nose.

Lois shrugged from next to her, wiping her own nose, “It’s no problem… Everyone needs a day like this every once in a while.”

“No, it’s not that I needed a day like this. I… I’ve been having a hard time lately.”

Lois took the movie out before replacing it and sat back down on the couch, “Why? Is Lex not treating you right?” she asked, her eyes immediately darkening in anger.

Chloe nodded, “No, Lois… he’s dying.”

Another two hours later, the first half of Titanic was almost done and Lois looked over at Chloe, who looked positively miserable as she watched the tragic love story unfold.

“So did he tell you how?” she asked, reaching for a spoon and the cookie dough.

Chloe sighed, “Brain and lung cancer. There’s the chance that he could live if he had an operation, but he doesn’t want one.”

Lois nodded, her attention going back to the movie, the spoon placed firmly in her mouth.

“Yeah… I wouldn’t want to give my friends and family that kind of false hope, either.” It was Chloe’s turn to nod, looking at the television with tears building in her eyes.

“Worst part is… I’m in love with him and I won’t even get a chance to marry him.”

Lois looked over at her, a sympathic expression covering her features, “Would you want to be left a widow, though?”

Chloe sighed, turning to look at Lois, “Truthfully, I wouldn’t care.”

“Yeah,” Lois whispered, digging further into the cookie dough as she went back to the movie, “I’m just wondering, but why would you want to marry him?” she asked.

Chloe looked down at her lap, where her hands were playing with the blanket that stretched over both her’s and Lois’ legs, “Because I’m having his child.”

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 9 - 8/3

ironic ending considering the beginning of the chapter. I REALLY do not want Lex to die. There was some cryptic subterfuge in one of the earlier chapters and that gave me hope that this was not going to be the end of Lex. Use the ready made conspiracy of doctors lying to Lex about it.

I liked the update and am eager for more, I'm just venting that Lex WiLL not die.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 9 - 8/3

Oh that was sweet but she is having his baby. Oh no and he won't see it grow up. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Tricky, Tricky –
    By: Masked Grace
    Chapter Ten –
    “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Disclaimer: You don't know this? Check chapter one.

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Note: Ah, the last chapter. I can do so much in the six or seven pages that I happen to write each time I do an update… but… I think I’ll make the farewell a short one. Look out for the sequel when I get back from vacation!

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.
    .-.-.

There wasn’t many of the large crowd that was gathered who cried as they lay the casket into the soft earth, the rain only letting up for the short while of his funeral; it was starting to sprinkle again. But Chloe Sullivan no longer cared about if her hair frizzed or whether her expensive clothes got wet. She cared about the man whom she had known for only a short while, but loved a lifetime… the man that they had put to rest in the family plot, his headstone being modest, yet declared that the family had money.

Alex Caden Luthor
    January 17, 1979 – November 8, 2005
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” - Kahlil Gibran

She was now standing at one of the secluded windows at the mansion, reveling in her memories with Lex, the playful banter, the love that she felt being held in his arms, even the annoyance she felt when he left the cereal boxes open or hogged the covers. As the rain started to pound itself against the glass, Chloe let herself reflect the weather and let herself cry, the tears only half-way down her cheeks before more fell. Her lips twitched as a sob threatened to explode out of her chest and she turned away from the window and quickly left the room, closing herself in the closest bathroom.

Chloe knew that she should been a gentle hostess to the hundred or so people who came from LexCorp and also LuthorCorp, including Lionel, but a part of her said that she should mourn and she was one who mourned in private.

Sitting on the toilet seat, she closed her eyes, feeling the tears seep in between her eyelashes and soak the mascara applied there. Starting to hyperventilate as she tried to push away the whimpers that rose in her throat, she knew she had to calm herself, but the sobs only got worse as they racked her body, her pitiful moans echoing throughout the room.

And then there were arms around her. Strong arms and a calm, soothing voice in her ear as a hand ran over her back and occasionally smoothed down her hair. Not caring who it was or if she messed up their clothing, she put her own arms around them as they moved her to the floor, where they were sitting, and rocked her. Burying her head into their clothing, she moaned into their neck, her face in the crook where it met the shoulder. She felt as if she were drowning; drowning in the weight of loss that bombarded her.

No… he couldn’t be dead. She had only just told him about the baby last week.

“You mean… I’m gonna be a dad?” he asked, staring with an expression so full of hope and love, she started to cry.

“Yeah, Lex. You’re gonna be a dad. I’ll even name it after you.” She told him as he lowered himself to kiss her, finally resting on his elbows and covering her wholly, her skin feeling like fire against his as he broke the kiss with a smile.

“I love you, Chloe. With everything that I am, every molecule, every fiber, everything that I’m made of and more.”

She laughed, “I love you, too, Lex.”

She lost track of time as she cried, her body shaking with sobs that erupted out of her into the person’s shoulder, occasionally forming words like, “Why” and “No”. A few times, she even let out screams, letting her lungs be without air until she could no longer take it and breathe in, only to scream once more.

When Chloe had stopped, she stayed there, sniffling and breathing in harsh, ragged breaths, “I’m afraid I ruined your suit.” She whispered, her voice being lost from the screams.

“I don’t care. You’re more important than any ol’ suit, Chlo.” She raised her head, brushing the hair away from her face as she took in the sight of Clark, looking at her with his big, grey eyes and one shoulder covered with mascara.

“Thanks Clark. That-” she paused, sighing as more tears threatened to fall, “That means a lot.” She sniffled as she tried to compose herself once more.

She chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, “How bad do I look?” she asked and he gave her a soft, sympathetic smile.

“Pretty bad. You want to take a shower?” he asked and she shook her head.

“No… I need to see to the guests. I just need to clean up –” She stood, looked at herself in the mirror and let out a sigh.

Her mascara had run, making raccoon eyes, her face had paled and her eyes were rimmed red, making it even worse, “You weren’t joking.”

“The guests are okay. Lana and Lois somehow got all of them to go home, even Lionel. The only ones here are the security guys, us and Lana and Lois.” He told her, standing up as well.

She nodded and not knowing what else to say she thanked him, “For everything.”

“It’s really nothing, Chloe. It’s what friends are here for. Do you want us to stay for a little while?” he asked and she nodded once more.

“Yeah,” she said, her voice cracking with emotion, “that would be nice. Thanks.”

It was his turn to nod and left, the door closing behind him and she quickly stripped off her clothes and turned the water on.

Climbing into the stall, she turned the warm water up and pressed her back against one of the blue-tiled walls, her skin soaking up the coldness as she bent her knees to sit, her legs folding in front of her and she hugged them to her, rocking herself as steam filled the stall and bathroom. Letting out a small cry, the tears came and she rested her forehead against her arms, crying once more as she wished with every tear shed that she was merely dreaming and Lex was still alive, sleeping right next to her with his arms around her waist as he fitted himself against her body, his chest against her back and pressing a kiss to her shoulder like he did every night before he whispered “I love you”.

“Please let this be another nightmare. Please.” She prayed, waiting to see if she would, indeed, wake up.

When it didn’t happen, she let out another cry, and let herself fall into her heartbreak at losing her soul mate, her baby’s father and the only man who she would ever love.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information