+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 6 - 7/23

awww, love people doing searches for each other. Lex shouldn't make assumptions though they only get you in trouble. can't wait to see what you do.

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 7 - 7/30

Tricky, Tricky –
    By: Masked Grace
    Chapter Seven –
    “Just the Two Of Us”

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Disclaimer: You don't know this? Check chapter one.

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Louie- your comment made me laugh out loud… almost made me want to write something bad to do to Lex… you know, sit him next to an elderly woman who won’t shut up….hah.

Khushiyan- Thank you for all of your comments, especially the play-by-plays with comments from you… mostly about what made you laugh. Hopefully, I can do the same for this chapter.

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.

.-.-.

Chloe nervously popped her knuckles, glancing at the digital clock a few feet away, reading 11:45. Lex’s private jet had taken off from Metropolis’ airport at eleven and was due to land at the airport nearby, in fifteen minutes. And then, it would only take ten minutes to get to the Luthor’s Family yacht that Chloe had brought over from Palm Beach, hoping that Lex wasn’t one to get seasickness.

She chewed on her lower lip, wondering if this really was the best thing. Maybe they should’ve just stayed at the mansion and had a quiet day together. All kinds of second-thoughts flew through her mind, making the knot in her stomach worse than it was. She sighed, trying to calm herself.

Inspecting the table to her left, she found herself once more questioning her actions and whether he would appreciate it. Shaking herself of the thoughts, Chloe picked up the lighter that sat next to the candles that had yet to be lit, she quickly lighted them and glancing once more at the clock to find that it was now 12:04, she hurried down the dock where a Mexican restaurant sat. The sign on the front proclaimed that it was closed, but the lights still blared. Coming through the back door, she caught sight of Eduardo putting the finishing touches on their meals.

“Acabado.” He said to her, showing off his finished work.

“Yes, it’s lovely Eduardo. But he’s going to be here any minute.” She hurried to grab the plate and motioned for him to grab the other and cover it, before turning and hurrying back to the yacht.

“Muchas, muchas gracias.” She smiled at him after they had set up the rest of the table and he nodded.

“Denada, you’re welcome, seniorita Sullivan.” He smiled at her before leaving, heading towards the restaurant.

As if on cue, the driver that Chloe had hired pulled up to the docks as soon as the door to the restaurant closed. Taking a deep breath, Chloe found herself smiling as the taxi drove off and she could make out Lex walking towards her.

“Surprise.” She smiled once he was close enough for him to hear her.

He dropped his bag on one of the couches that lined the edge of the deck and looked around, first towards the bow of the ship and then aft, looking at the dinner she prepared. Taking a few steps towards her, he looked at her, dressed up and wearing more make-up than she normally did.

Before he could stop himself, he kissed her hard and long, one hand holding her head, tangling her short hair and the other was enveloping her waist, holding her to him. Pulling back, he answered her through harsh breathing.

“Color me pink and call me surprised.” Their eyes locked and she smiled, her hands on either of his shoulders, clutching his suit’s jacket.

“Or just stick to Jethro.” She joked, receiving one of his bored looks again. She laughed and was sucked into another one of his kisses that left her swooning.

“We have dinner.” She replied after feeling that if they went on with the kiss, she would faint. He smiled cryptically at her and nodded.

“Then let’s eat.” She nodded, smiling back at him. They started dinner in silence, both enjoying the company of the other and casting smiles over the candle-lit table to one another.

“So who cooked?” he asked once they were done and relaxing on one of the couches, the candles still burning brightly on the table, casting enough light for them to see one another. The wine glasses were now being sipped on from their position, Lex’s jacket was now discarded and his three-quarter sleeved arm relaxed on the back of the seat, Chloe’s hand resting comfortably on his thigh.

“Eduardo from Comida Buena, Bueno Períodos.” She motioned to the restaurant that was now pitch black and he looked at it, his head tilted.

“Good food, good times?” He asked, looking back towards her.

She shrugged, “I don’t know. I took French, not Spanish.” He cracked a smile at her and took in a breath, looking into his wine glass.

“Je vous remercie moi eu besoin de le.” He thanked her, earning a shocked expression.

“I didn’t know you knew French! What other kinds of secrets have you been keeping?” she teased, now smiling at him, “And it’s no problem. I needed this, too.” He went back to looking at his almost-empty wine glass.

“Je t’aime.” He whispered to her, his eyes coming up to look into her’s. Her breathing immediately stopped.

“You do?” she asked, her breathing starting up again; it was shallow and short.

“I do.” Her nose tickled and her vision blurred as she cried, closing her eyes softly at the feeling of his fingers brushing away the wetness from her cheeks.

“I love you, too.” Her voice was hoarse as she looked into his eyes and laughed, “I’ve never had anyone tell me they love me in French before.”

He smiled at her before hesitating with his next sentence, “May I show you?”

Her smile fell, her eyes growing wide, the tears stopping. Thinking about it, she figured that he hadn’t ever asked a woman before taking her to bed and this definitely wasn’t the way that she imagined her first time being… The more she thought about it, the more she felt her stomach drop into a pit. She sighed, trying to get control of her heartbeat once again.

“Yes.”

Muscles that Chloe wasn’t even aware she used, were strained and yelling at their highest voices at her as she awoke and got up, haphazardly putting on the underwear she was wearing the night before alongside the shirt that her shaking hands had unbuttoned off of Lex. She stumbled as the ship rocked and she groaned, the muscles in her lower back and legs straining once more.

After making herself a cup of instant coffee, Chloe climbed up to the deck from the bedroom and sat, the wind coupling with the coffee to wake her up. It was a warm, gentle breeze that carried voices through it, indistinct conversations from down the dock.

Finishing her cup, she groaned her way downstairs, back into the kitchen to rinse out her cup. Turning the corner, she smiled at the sight of Lex staring blankly into a cupboard in a pair of boxer shorts that she had remembered packing.

Somehow, the rocking didn’t seem as bad as she shuffled her way to the sink, getting Lex’s attention. He closed the cupboard and made his way to her, his eyes trailing down to the fact that she was wearing his shirt.

She followed his eyesight and blushed, “I always wanted to wear one after my first time. See how it feels.” He raised an eyebrow, earning a small glare from her and a light, playful smack.

“And?” he asked, leaning softly on the countertop.

“And other than the fact that I’m sore and can barely stand, I like it.” She smiled up at him, making him hum in response.

“I think there should be some Advil around here somewhere.” He looked around, distractedly, thinking. That made Chloe smile, picking at the hem of his shirt.

“Well, why don’t you go ahead and go take a shower and I’ll find some Advil and make us some breakfast?” he suggested and she nodded, watching as he searched a cupboard before closing it and going on to the next one.

“Oh, shut up. It’s not that badly burnt, Chloe.” He laughed as she made a face at the hash browns that were a very dark shade of brown, before catching sight of the look he was giving her and she laughed, slathering it with ketchup.

“Next time you offer to cook, allow me to remind you why you hired Mrs. Hoshi.” He barked out a laugh and nodded, picking at the hash browns on his own plate.

“Hey, could you do me a favor?”

“Hmm? What’s that?” she asked, watching as he took a sip of his drink.

“Shut up.”

She grinned at him, having the glint again, “Oh yeah? And wut are yah gunna do ‘bout it, Jethro?”

“You mean… before or after I toss you overboard?”

After sailing for three days, they returned to the dock with considerable tans and boarded Lex’s jet, hand-in-hand the whole way.

Chloe smiled at Lex, who was seated across from her on the jet, a pen clutched between his teeth as his eyes scanned over the hints for the crossword puzzle he was working on.

“Lex…” she trailed off, successfully getting his attention and he removed the pen and focused on her, “…I have another surprise for you…”

Now she really had his attention. He leaned ever-so-slightly forward and his eyes narrowed.

“You know how earlier… you said that you’re glad to be going home?” she asked the rhetorical question, but he nodded, “Well, we’re not exactly… going home.”

He leaned back, blinking at her a few times before speaking, “Well,” he paused, sighing, “I hope they have a washer and dryer where we’re going ‘cause this is my last clean shirt.” He smiled, picking up the pen and newspaper once again, “So where are we going now?”

She fiddled with her seat belt; “I thought that the Log Cabin in Canada w-would be a good idea?” second thoughts went through her head once again, making her think that they should just go home, like he wanted.

He thought it over for a few seconds, “Sounds good to me.” With a smile, he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to the side of her mouth, making a blush rise to her cheeks.

“Agog?” Chloe asked in the third evening that they had been in Canada, the night threatening to turn into morning, “What kind of word is that?”

“Agog… it’s a word. Adjective… deriving from Middle French.” They were in the living room of the spacious cabin, playing Scrabble and nursing cups of coffee, the number being well into the double-digits.

“Middle French?” she replied from her position on the floor, watching as he nodded from his own position on the sofa, stretched out like some sort of cat, “So it’s a foreign word. You can’t use foreign words, Lex.”

“It’s not a foreign word, Chloe.” He sighed exasperatedly, “It’s English.”

“Agog?”

“Yes!”

“You’re telling me that agog is an English word?”

“Yes!” he replied, sighing once more.

“Then, Mr. I-know-non-English-words-and-try-to-cheat-during-Scrabble… what does it mean?” she raised her eyebrows expectantly, a smug look coming upon her features as he compiled an example.

“Agog. Meaning in eager desire; as in, I’m agog for your kiss.” He leaned forward, smiling as his fingers found and tightened around the blanket that she had wrapped around herself, pulling her until they met in the middle, the kiss filled with tenderness that Chloe wasn’t expecting.

After breaking apart and resuming the game with agog still upon the table, Chloe finished off her cup of coffee before suggesting that they get a few hours of sleep before their flight home.

“But not before a bit of rolling around in the bed, of course.”

Chloe gaped at him as she changed into her pajamas, pulling an overly large sleep shirt over her head as he undressed across the bed from her, “And what, may I ask, are you implying, Mister Luthor? I am a girl of morals and convictions.”

“Why Miss Sullivan! How outrageous of you to suggest that I’m implying anything? I was merely saying that we should watch Conan.” He paused as they both got comfortable under the covers, “Why? What were you thinking?”

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

I love that Lex and Chloe are having such a great time together!! Chloe taking the time to plan this vacation, and Lex being such a good sport, it's so sweet!! Thanks for the update!!

Is a miracle cure for Lex too much to ask for? Or perhaps an evil doctor persuaded by the MB to tell Lex that he's dying when he's really not? Please don't let Lex die!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a cute update. I loved it.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 8 - 8/2

Tricky, Tricky –
    By: Masked Grace
    Chapter Eight –
    “What’s Changed”

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Disclaimer: You don't know this? Check chapter one.

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Note: I’m going to try and finish this by Friday (I highly doubt that I’m going to… but I’ll try) since I’m leaving for a vacation at the beach for about a week and I once again doubt that I will be able to work on it while there.

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.

.-.-.

Two weeks had passed since Chloe and Lex had returned home to find that their vacation was recorded by paparazzi who had been tipped off by “an anonymous source”, and their relationship splattered all over the gossip magazines, television shows and internet. She was lucky that she had decided to take the fall semester off from College in order to spend the last months of Lex’s life with him, not sticking her nose in Macbeth or her Trigonometry book that she often wondered if it weighed over the ten pound mark; because, if she had, she was sure that she would be pursued like Hound dogs after a fox. Thinking about it, Chloe figured that he had only around three more weeks.

Hearing the front door close, Chloe uncurled herself from a dangerously comfortable chair that she had settled next to one of the windows that held a spectacular view in order to concentrate on the article she was desperately trying to finish for The Daily Planet, and set her laptop on the nearby coffee table that was currently supporting her fourth cup of the day.

Entering the foyer, she took in the sight of Lex, reading over some mail that he had received, his eyebrows knitted in concentration.

“Hey Handsome.” She interrupted, beaming as Lex glanced up at her briefly before turning slightly, looking behind him.

“I don’t see Mike anywhere.” He commented dryly, turning back around in time to see her roll her eyes and smile softly afterwards.

He looked more tired today than she remembered him ever being and immediately sobered, feeling the bitter hand of fear take her insides and turn them to ice. It just wasn’t fair.

Obviously noticing her change in demeanor, he discarded the mail on the table and walked towards her, pulling her towards him for a hug and kiss combination and she drew in a shaky breath of his mysterious scent that clung to everything that was his, her arms finding their way around his waist, keeping him there.

Pulling back from her hug after a few minutes of staying there, he took in her face, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” She sighed out the word, looking away from his eyes, not wanting him to know when she wasn’t even sure herself, “I’m just stuck on my article for The Daily Planet and I’m in desperate need to do some shopping.” Figuring that she wasn’t telling him the large concern in her mind, but rather a few small ones, she wasn’t exactly lying. She returned looking back at his freckled eyes.

His smile was soft as his fingers grazed through her hair, pulling it away from her face, “Oh yeah? What kind of shopping? Are we talking Victoria’s Secret or Fredrick’s of Hollywood?”

She shoved him away with a sound of indignation alongside a smile, “You, Lex Luthor, are a dirty old man. Antagonizing a young woman such as myself while I was trying to make decent conversation. I was actually talking about published works, mind you.” Poking him in the chest, she turned on her heel and retreated back to the comfortable chair, followed by Lex who had slipped his hands in his slack’s pockets and watched her with amusement as she tried to get comfortable once again.

Leaning on the doorframe, he crossed his leg over the other to balance his toe on the hard-wood floor, “What kind of published works? You know, I think I saved a couple of dirty magazines from when I was a kid. Of course, I never needed them, but Clark insisted that the girl on page 27 had the best –”

“If you don’t want scalding coffee on you, I suggest you not finish that sentence.” She made a face over the screen of her laptop before continuing clacking away in rhythmic pattern.

“—hair was what I was going to say. Why? Did you think I was going to say something else?” He mocked innocence, grinning like a buffoon as she stopped once again and regarded him with a sigh and a skeptical look, “I swear it.” He moved from his position, studying her.

“You sure you’re okay?” Was there something there that screamed at him that she had a secret?

She ignored her thoughts and nodded, “Yeah. I’m fine. Just in need of fiction and inspiration.”

“Well, then, would you like to accompany me to the bookstore?” she stopped typing once again.

Looking up at him through her lashes, she raised her eyebrows, “You serious?”

“Do I look like Seinfeld? C’mon,” motioning with his head, “get some shoes on and we’ll go. I’ll even spring for a latte.”

“Oooooh. Specialty coffee.” She paused as she put on a pair of flip-flops that were hiding under the table, “Have I told you lately how much I love you?”

He took one of her hands in his own and thought it over, “I think I vaguely remember you telling me so, in the shower on the yacht.” She immediately reddened at the memory of the vacation and he chuckled.

“Oh, no, no, no, no. Put that back, right now, Lex.” A pause, “Did you hear me?!” she whispered loudly to him, watching as he “ooh”ed and “ahh”ed over the illustrations in an edition of the Kama Sutra that he had somehow found ditched between stacks of books.

“Did you hear me?!” she repeated, her cheeks now beyond the point of being red and were on fire, the color of crimson, “Put that back before someone sees you with it!” she turned, her eyes darting over the other patrons around them. They were too immersed in their own books to care about what anyone else was reading.

“Oh, calm down.” He said, snapping the book closed and replacing it where he found it. She handed him back his coffee and continued on their way down the bookcase until they saw movement where Lex had been standing. An older man, around the age of her father, looked around swiftly before reaching his arm where the book had been put back and continued to the cashier.

With a snort that was trying to conceal a laugh, Chloe turned to Lex and shook her head, “That was so gross.” He was smiling largely, despite the fact that his eyes were shut tight and his hand pinching the bridge of his nose.

“I almost wish I never would have seen that. It’s going to haunt me, you know.” He replied, opening his eyes once again and returning his hand to his slack’s pockets.

She laughed, nodding as her eyes scanned the spines of the books as she walked, “I might wake up screaming for a month because of the nightmares I’m going to endure.” He sniggered back in response.

Chloe stopped and pulled out a book, automatically turning it so that she could read the back. Lex took a few steps closer to her, reading over her shoulder.

“Chloe?” two heads swiveled to take in the sight of Lana, looking astonished and accompanied by a similar-looking Clark.

“Lana.” It took a couple of seconds for a smile to register on Chloe’s face and she immediately set the book down and transferred her coffee cup from one hand to the other to reach behind her conspicuously and clutch Lex’s hand. A small squeeze from his part was more than enough support.

“H-How are you? What have you been up to? I haven’t seen you at the college at all… or even the Talon for that matter.” Lana’s eyes darted between the two of them and Chloe slightly laughed, trying as hard as she might to not look at Clark, who was staring quite intently at her.

“Oh,” she scoffed, “you know, I haven’t been up to much.”

Lana smiled softly. Her bitchy smile. Chloe suddenly felt very dirty and sick to her stomach with just a tinge of guilt.

“Lex, hi.” She regarded him finally and Chloe ventured to look at Clark. Her heart thudded as he continued staring, their eyes locking while their companions continued to talk.

A small chirp next to her ear tore her gaze away from Clark to look at Lex as he let go of her hand with a small squeeze and reached in his breast pocket for his phone.

He sighed before looking at the three of them, “Excuse me. I have to take this.”

Taking a few steps away, Lex turned his back to the group and answered it, speaking a few words before coming back to the group and offering the phone to Chloe.

“It seems as though your cousin has been trying to get in touch with you since last week.” He gave her a look, “And has now screeched so loudly, I’m sure I’m now deaf in my right ear.” She had a smile that was a cross of pure amusement and pity.

“Excuse me.” She requested as she took the phone from Lex and put it up to her ear.

“Hi Lois.” Her tone was apologetic as she began to walk away, but before she could get very far, her body jerked as she pulled the phone away from her ear, Lois’ voice loud and clear as she began to chew her cousin out.

“Lois –” Chloe started, unsuccessful in cutting off the girl’s monologue, “Lois, if I could just –” She continued to walk away, leaving the three alone.

“Now Lois, that was just --” she sighed, getting another earful, “I went on vacation. No, to Mexico. And Canada. Yes, I said ‘and’… well, I didn’t take you because it was a vacation just for Lex.”

Starting to pace, she looked at the three of them, Lex was talking, but his eyes drifted to her and she exchanged a look with him. He gave her a smug expression back. She glared.

“Yes, I’m listening.” A pause and Chloe made a face before sighing once more, “All right, I’ll be there in a few.”

Disconnecting the call, she came back to Lex’s side, passing his phone back to him and rubbed a couple of fingers on her temple, trying to push away the headache that Lois had caused with her shrieking. Or maybe it was being so close to the Princess who believed that too much was a good thing, especially when applying perfume.

“It seems that the only way I can apologize is to meet her for lunch. Would you drop me off at Grandma’s Diner?” she looked at him miserably, earning a nod.

“Lana, Clark. It was nice seeing you again. Goodbye.” They left with apologetic smiles and holding hands.

Clark turned to Lana after the door closed and regarded her with a suspicious look, “Did that seem weird to you?”

“Other than the fact that you didn’t even speak a word the whole time? No.”

Chloe looked to Lex, studying his profile before he turned to look at her quickly, “Hmm?” he asked, shifting the car into fourth gear easily.

“Did you think that was weird?”

He thought it over for a moment, “You mean Clark not saying a word?”

She nodded, taking a sip of her mocha, “Yeah. I felt like I was under scrutiny.”

He slowed as they approached the Diner, looking over at her to study her profile, “If you thought so then, wait until Lois asks what we did for a week on vacation and you blush.”

“Ugh.” She groaned as she spotted Lois leaning against her car, staring her down, “Wish me luck.” She asked him hopefully.

“You’re going to need a lot more than luck.” He told her truthfully, watching as Lois came over as Chloe got out, holding the door open and bending over as to see Lex.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Uncle Scrooge McDuck. Tell me, are you too good to have lunch with some small-town girls like us?” she motioned between herself and Chloe.

“Good afternoon, Lois. How lovely to see you. I’m doing well, and how are you?” he asked, his voice monotone.

She put on a smile, “Just divine, Alex. Come, have lunch with us girls. I have a little bone to pick with you.”

Lois was sitting across the booth from the two of them, Lex was sitting up straight, his attention focused on Lois while Chloe was slouched down, watching the other people in the diner. She really didn’t want to be here.

“So…” Lois started, looking between the two of them, “How was your vacation? You know, the one that you took without telling me so that I thought that both of you had died.”

Chloe make a choking sound, her eyes wide as she sat up straighter, “Lois!” she hissed.

“What?” she gave her a confused look.

“You don’t just go around saying that people are dying!”

Lois rolled here eyes, “I didn’t say that people were dying, I said that I thought that they were dead.”

Their food came and it was silent before Lois spoke again, “So what happened on the vacation that you two are so secretive about?”

Chloe kept her face to her place and snuck a glance out of the corner of her eye to see Lex doing the same before looking up at Lois.

Lex spoke up, “We played Scrabble, mostly. A bit of crossword puzzles, some monopoly, but mostly Scrabble.”

Giving him a look that was skeptical, “Right. Scrabble. Like I’m supposed to believe that. Unless of course it was Scrabble between the sheets.”

In the middle of gulping down her water, Chloe choked, coughing a bit before getting her breath back, “Lois!” She received another confused look, “Get your nose out of my love life.”

Cocking an eyebrow, Lois regarded Chloe before turning her attention to Lex who was looking quite amused as he ate, “Why is she being so secretive? You would think that she was carrying child or something, my God.”

“Gah! Lois!”

Done by friday awww sadness. Oh Lois, we can only hope.

eek, I missed a part and read chapter 8 first must go back now and read chapter seven.

hey look random mention of my country, wowho. Though they aren't speaking Canadian French down there cause to me je t’aime means I like you more then it means I love you but *shrugs* it was still super cute. I love you said in the language of love, now if that isn't every girly girls dream (and some of the rest of us' dream to) I really don't know what's going on.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

You're going to save Lex by Friday!! I'm so excited!! That is what you meant wasn't it?!! Great update!! Can't wait for more!!

I hope Lex can be saved and it would be great if they could have a child, I mean to think you were dying just when you found the right person to be with and then find out you were going to live and have a baby that would be pretty awesome!!!

Please update again soon!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcsgirl82
    I hope Lex can be saved and it would be great if they could have a child, I mean to think you were dying just when you found the right person to be with and then find out you were going to live and have a baby that would be pretty awesome!!!
    It would also be(if done incorrectly), kinda super cheesy. Though this story has been full of wonderfully done cheese so far, so if anyone can pull it off it's probably MaskedGrace.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information