+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R) Chap 10 - 8/3 -Finished-

Re: Tricky, Tricky (PG-13 to R)

Holy!! I didn't think that this many people would like it! Big surprise for me when I didn't check the site for a few days and found that nine of you had replied. Hugs to everyone!
    Besides that, I just stopped by to say that I'm working on the second chapter and will probably be post it today for a St. Patty's Day treat.

Tricky, Tricky -

By: Masked Grace

Chapter Two -

"Secrets"

Rating: PG-13 to R.

Note: Sorry that I forgot the summary last time. It’s in this chapter’s preceding notes. I've edited the ending of this chapter. Please make note of it.

Disclaimer: I don't own Chloe, Lex, Clark, Lana, Old Town Eatery, the Talon, or...

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback. It meant so much.

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.

Much to her surprise, Lex didn’t drive as quickly to the restaurant as he had the previous times that they had been able to meet for lunch. As she thought back on it, Chloe realized that they had started their lunch dates as pure accident –

She had been able to leave the campus of Smallville High due to the ‘Open Campus’ leniency and had spent the forty-five minutes in the Talon, just relaxing in one of the seats near a large window, one of her arms resting on the windowsill so that her face could turn up, into the warmth of the sun. She wasn’t sure how long she lounged there with her eyes closed and one hand around the blue and grey polka-dotted mug that warmed her hand, but she was enjoying the warmth of the spring sun after the last five months that the rain had onslaught the mid-western state.

She heard someone sit across the two-person table from her, take in a breath and take a sip here and there, but didn’t speak. She wasn’t in a rush to talk with anyone right now; she was just enjoying the little break in the day and the warmth.

Finally feeling a bit rude, Chloe sat up and opened her eyes, letting her pupils dilate and take in the person setting across from her. It didn’t take long to see the bald head and could almost see her own confusion.

“Lex?” his face was finally able to come through the dancing black dots that you can only get after looking at a bright light. He was relaxed into the back of the chair, watching her intently.

“You looked like a plant that hasn’t seen the sun for twenty years.” He commented dryly.

“Yeah, well, I feel like that,” She answered back, “what’re you doing here?”

“I should ask you the same, Miss Sullivan. Shouldn’t you be in school?” she had smirked.

“Chlo?” his voice was on her right now, instead of in front of her, and she looked up from where she was staring – the dashboard – to look at him, holding the door open and looking mildly concerned. Chloe almost snorted at that thought – Concerned. Lex Luthor. Two words that definitely don’t mix.

But he was, even if she wanted to deny it. She had become uncharacteristically quiet in the car, and first, he thought that it was because of his driving, so he kept it under seventy-five. Just barely. But she didn’t even acknowledge him slowing down a little; she just stared at the dash in front of her, her hands just slightly moving to finger the rings on her fingers. Maybe something had gone awry at the apartment and was psycho-analyzing it now, going over the “what if’s” in her head.

“Sorry about that.” She apologized with a smile, “You know me... going off on rampant thoughts all the time.” She rolled her eyes for good measure and he seemed to buy into it. She didn’t want to tell him that she was thinking about how good he looked that day – with the dark suit contrasting to his pale skin and green eyes watching her with that look in his eye that usually preceded a good romp in the bed at least twice. And oh Jesus, those lips --

He smiled back and closed the door after she had nervously run her sweaty palms down the sides of her jean skirt. She suddenly wished that it was longer than mid-thigh. All sorts of images flew through her mind’s eye at the thought of it riding up higher because of a certain person’s hand trailing... They were seated. How’d they get from the car to the table already? She shook herself out of her reverie and smiled at the waiter politely.

“Ice water is fine, thanks.” Lex nodded after the waiter had turned to him, indicating he wanted the same.

She finally took him in and couldn’t help but chuckle softly. He looked out of place in the restaurant, with the painting of a silhouetted cowboy on his horse and looking out at the sunset and the old wagon wheel leaning against the wall. Not to mention the red-and-white checkered table cloth clashing horrendously with his royal blue shirt.

He quickly glanced up at her from looking down at his menu and then looked back down at it, snapping his head up to look at her once more in what people call a ‘double take’, “What?”

She shook her head. She left her menu where the waiter had placed it, “We can leave if you want to.”

“What? Why?” He closed one side of his menu, folding it so it was now only two pages.

“I thought you’d be uncomfortable.” She told him honestly and he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Why would you think that? I live in this town, too... It’s not like I haven’t been here before.” He paused before his eyes flickered over her shoulder and back to her. “It’s the shirt, isn’t it?”

She grinned. “A little bit, yeah.”

“Thought so after seeing that woman staring at me like she’s going to slap some flannel on my ass and call me Jethro. Oh god, she’s still staring.” She closed her eyes and snorted, it turning into a full-out laugh as he smiled across the table at her.

The waiter came while she was laughing, bearing their drinks and a pad and pen, waiting for their order.

Chloe’s eyebrows shot to high heaven when she heard Lex’s order after she had ordered the pancakes special, “A hamburger, hmm? What’re gonna do? Cut it up and eat it like a sissy man?” she had taken on a southern drawl and dropped her voice down an octave, making him grin back at her.

“Just you watch, I’m gonna eat it like a true southern boy. All messy and the likes.” He teased back, making her smile back in surprise. They were silent for a few beats before he corrected the silverware order and straightened the napkin on the plate.

“So, what were you thinking about earlier that got you so silent?” he asked, his head tilted slightly to the side.

She took in a breath and looked at him over the table, a smile tilting her lips into a goofy, lop-sided grin. “About the beginning of our lunch dates. Do you remember? At the Talon?”

He nodded and leaned back in the chair, slouching down a bit as his arms went back to lace his hands behind his head, “You were sitting by one of the windows and trying to tan.”

Her mouth gaped open at him, “I was not trying to tan!” she cried, “I was enjoying the warmth. And then you had to come along and make it all chilly with that glare you were giving me.” She half-pouted, half-glared. Only Chloe could pull off that look.

“I was giving you a glare? I don’t remember that. I remember coming over and smiling at the fact that you looked like a content kitten, sitting there on a windowsill, sun napping.”

She blinked. Three times to be precise. “A kitten? You thought that I looked like a – a kitten?” he nodded and he sat up straighter as the waiter placed their food in front of the respectable person. No way had Lex just said that she looked like a kitten. Kittens were cute, fluffy little fur balls that made anyone fall in love with them after a small meow. But that was absurd, Lex was only trying to pay her a compliment.

As he reached for his food, she was still sitting erect, not even bothering to reach for a fork, “What?” he felt like he was beginning to be a parrot with repeating the word so much.

“Lex, you never cease to amaze me.” She shook her head and leaned forward, starting on her breakfast slash lunch.

He shrugged, his hands taking up the hamburger and bringing it up to his mouth, hardly being able to chew it after glancing across the table at Chloe and seeing another shocked expression; the fork was halfway to her mouth, the maple syrup dripping off the two pieces of pancakes.

His cheeks were so full of food that he had to bring the napkin that was resting softly on his lap, up to his mouth and smile behind it, having to look away before everything was lost and he laughed, spewing his food all over the table.

When he finished chewing and leaned forward to take a drink of water, he met her eyes again, but she was no longer frozen. Instead, she was nibbling on the bacon that came as a side dish. She smiled, shaking her head.
    “I didn’t actually think that you’d go through with it. I mean... my God, Lex! Do you always take so big of bites so that you look like a chipmunk?” He snorted into the glass and set it down, wiping his mouth on his napkin.
    “Is that payback for calling you a kitten?”

She shrugged nonchalantly, “Perhaps. Or maybe, just maybe, you need to take smaller bites next time as to not scare your eating companion.” He smiled back, the same smile that she had first seen earlier and she could have sworn she saw kindness in his eyes. Maybe she was getting too much sun.

Smiling back, they went on eating silently for the rest of the meal.

When they had finished and Lex had handed over his Visa to pay for it, she caught him glancing over her right shoulder again.

“Is she still staring?” she asked, her smile growing with every word. His eyes checked again and he smiled brightly at her.

“You would think I was a natural phenomenon with how she’s staring.” He talked through his teeth and she had to chuckle.

“Maybe she thinks you’re cute.” She teased.

Lex’s face fell, “Don’t joke like that, Chlo.” She laughed as he scribbled his signature on the dotted line for the receipt and put the credit card back in his wallet, slipping it back into the front pocket of his slacks.

They began walking back to the car, Chloe waiting until the restaurant’s door closed behind them to start laughing.

“She sure was a burly woman, Lex. I hope you know how to be dominating, ‘cause I’m sure she knows how to be.”

He smiled and scrunched his eyes closed, shaking his head at the images flying through his brain after the thought and opened the door for her, still hearing her laughing from outside the car.

She was struggling for breath when he started the car and barely could buckle herself in, “I could just imagine your kids... Jethro Junior! HAH!” she threw herself into another fit of hysterics and he shook his head, pulling away from the restaurant.

“Do me a favor, Chlo, and shut up.” He smiled over at her and she took in a shuddering breath, wiping a finger under her eyes to wipe away the tears. “I hate you Chlo. I really do.”

She barked out a laugh toward the roof. It was quiet for a few moments before she furrowed her eyebrows and looked over to him, “Wait... when did you start calling me ‘Chlo’?”

He took in a breath. Lex wondered when she would ask about that. The first time had been by pure accident. He had heard Clark call her that for years and it slipped out. And then it became a habit. And now, it was a sign of affection. Yes, him, Lex Luthor, was affectionate towards someone. Oy, how was he supposed to word this?

And considering the circumstances, he really should tell her. He sighed.
    “Lex?” he looked over to her quickly and smiled reassuringly.

“I’m not quite sure when I started. I’ve been calling you that for a while now; I can stop, though... if it bothers you.” His eyes returned to watching the road when he began speaking.

She smiled to the passenger side window, “No, it’s okay with me. I kind of like it, actually.”

Lex drove her back to the college for her afternoon classes and dropped her off with a smile and waited until she was out of sight to drive away. She went through the rest of the day, randomly chuckling at the image that was presented in her head with Lex wearing plaid and calling himself Jethro and standing next to the hefty woman from the restaurant.

And thus, from that day, Lex and Chloe continued with their lunch dates, meeting every week on Thursday, unless Lex called and moved the half-hour long meal to a different day. He made a point never to cancel completely on her, scheduling it when he knew he had break in meetings or when he was on his way to Metropolis.

Chloe secretly enjoyed that he was a stable friend in her life now, no longer poking his head in when he needed her for her investigative skills or even for a conversation buddy at a random lunch date. Nope; he was there every week, picking her non-driving ass up from either the park that was near to the apartment, or the Talon, which was air-conditioned and felt lovely on sweaty skin, and had the effect of sometimes being their place for lunch, and happened to be closer to the apartment than the park. Sometimes, she found herself zoning out during his one-sided conversations that he regularly had when his eyes were cast down to a menu and wasn’t paying attention to her, and she’d find that she was thinking what he looked like in a tux at the front of a Church, or even what he looked like naked, hovering over someone with sweat glistening off his muscles as he made love to them.

Of course, he’d wake her out of her daydreams and she’d blush profusely, always making the excuse that she had her mind on her schoolwork and that she had a large project that was due soon. Obviously, that was a lie, her crimson cheeks giving it away, but she always stuck to it.

She just couldn’t understand why it was always her walking towards him and the lines of Best Men and Bridesmaids in the Church as he smiled handsomely in his tux, and it was her whom he was looking down at, bending down to give a searing kiss to while they were making love.

Finally, after laughing at one of her own jokes and watching as he rolled his eyes and returned them to the menu before him, she realized the flittering in her stomach wasn’t because she was hungry, but because she had a crush. On freaking Lex Luthor. She suddenly wasn’t so hungry after that.

cute and lovely all the way through to the end where it went all yewy and gross. more soon please.

I absolutely positively loved it!!!!!!!!!! update when you can!!!!!!!!!!!!

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Loved the update! I could just see Lex @ the table with his mouth full of food. Please update soon.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I love this so much. More please and Chloe please give it up you got Lex.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedGrace
    There was a sinking feeling in her gut when she realized that both Clark and Lana both had the afternoons off on Fridays. She could almost feel her heart break at the realization that Clark was officially off-limits. [/color]

Poor Chloe , eventhrough I think Clark and Lana deserve eachother, that is still a hard way to realize somebody won't be with you. I hope Lex can make it all better

I'm hooked. Point blank.

Tricky, Tricky -

By: Masked Grace

Chapter Three -

"Just A Friend"

Note: Sorry that I forgot the summary last time. It’s in this chapter’s preceding notes. I've edited the beginning of this chapter. Please make note of it.

Disclaimer: You don't know this? Check chapter one.

Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Summary: Something’s going on in Lex’s life that’s got him acting not like himself. Thinking that she’s being the good friend that she is, Chloe decides to get to the bottom of it. But she never expected this.

Chloe sighed with relief when she slid the key into the lock in the door and opened it, kicking off the flip-flops next to the couch. It was the end of July and the heat was never-ending. Summer was just at it’s peak and Chloe wished that fall would come already. She made her way to the kitchen to get herself a glass of ice water when she heard it – a moan. And it wasn’t a death moan after throwing up stomach acids for the past half-hour or even the moan of eating a sugary sweet that you haven’t been able to eat in a very long while.

It was a moan of gratification.

Blushing wildly, Chloe hoped that she hadn’t made too much noise while she came in and quickly retrieved her book bag off the couch and hurriedly put her shoes back on and quietly closed and locked the door, leaning against it when she was done. There was a sinking feeling in her gut when she realized that Clark and Lana both had the afternoons off on Fridays. She could almost feel her heart break at the realization that Clark was officially off-limits.

Chloe pushed herself away from the door with tears in her eyes and her lunch in her throat. Feeling that the elevator was going to make her stay on the floor any longer than she wanted to be, she ran for the stairs and raced down the three flights to the foyer. Only until she was out in the heat did she feel that she was able to breathe. But she still felt weak.

She leaned against the doorjam, trying to compose herself enough to make it somewhere - anywhere - where she didn't feel the cold of losing someone against her back. Or maybe that was the air conditioning from the building. She gave it a second's thought and decided that logic had no place in her head now, and rose a hand to her cheeks to brush the new tears away, the sounds of her harsh breathing and thumping heartbeat in her ears. She let her legs bend under her and she slid down the building, her elbows on her knees and her hands cradling her head as sobs racked her body.

There was a shadow over her now, making her feel colder, but she didn't look up. It was probably just someone waiting for the bus.

"Chlo?" There was a soft hand on her back that accompanied the voice and she sniffled as she rose her head. Lex was here. And he was wiping away her tears. That made her cry more, "Chlo? Hey, why are you crying? What happened?"

She shook her head and bit her lip, closing her eyes for a few moments before opening them and saw that tears were clinging to her upper eyelashes now and had to remind herself to breathe, taking in a big, shuddering breath, "Just get me away from here, Lex." He nodded.

"Can you stand up?" he asked, and she nodded her head, having trouble with it since her legs had suddenly lost their strength and she wobbled. He picked her up before she collapsed. She curled up to him automatically. Lex hoped that she hadn't noticed him taking a deep breath of her as he made his way to his car.

"Excuse me, sir? Could you open the door for me?" He asked a passing pedestrian. The man looked like he was in his early to mid-forties and nodded once he saw the crying woman in his arms, "T-thanks." Lex choked out; he hadn't thanked someone in a long time. The man nodded and went on his way.

"Chlo?" he asked, brushing the hair that had been in her face, away. She looked up from her lap and he wiped away her tears again, "Do you mind if we go back to the mansion? That's the only place I can think of."

"It's fine, Lex." she tried to give him a smile, but failed. He nodded and hesitated for a second before pulling away from her and closing her door, making his way to the driver's side.

She never noticed that his car smelt of him, before now. It smelt of rich spices and his aftershave and undertones of soap. Her eyelids drooped shut and Chloe Sullivan fainted to the smells of comfort.

Lex was buckling himself in when he saw that she fainted and he checked, making sure that her's was buckled properly as well, and took off from the curb, driving quickly to the mansion. On the way there, he wondered what had happened to make her break under like that. It looked as if her entire world had been crushed, taking her down with it.

He was kicking up a dirt cloud from the car as he screeched to a halt on the gravel and parked his car haphazardly. He was out and around it before he even had time to think. There was two things that he could think of to make Chloe like this: it was either journalism or Clark Kent. He would've bet the whole left side of his body on the latter.

He sighed as he leaned his shoulder against the doorbell, and a moment later one of his security guards opened the door, his hand reached into his jacket. It was taken out as Lex climbed the few stairs and entered his house, calling over his shoulder, "Mike, get some soup heated up in the kitchens. I'll be in my room."

It was much harder carrying a Chloe who didn't support some of her own weight and struggled not to hit one of her limbs on the doorway. Setting her down on the crimson of the silk sheets, he finally noticed how pale she looked. That wasn't a good sign. He sighed as he took the strap of her bookbag off his shoulder and set it down next to the nightstand. He reached over and untied her sneakers and set them next to her bag before lifting the comforter and gently took it out from underneath her and placed it over her form, tilting his head to the side as he stood there, watching her until a sound at the door rose him from his thoughts.

Mike was carrying one of the wooden trays and on it sat a steaming bowl of soup and a side of crackers. He sat it down on the nightstand and walked the few steps to stand by Lex, "Are you going to tell her?"

Lex exhaled a breath as he turned away from her and instead, looked at Mike, "I have to. I wish I didn't, though." He cast a glance over his shoulder as they moved out of the room, towards his study that was connected by a set of handsome Oak doors on the right side of the room.

"When are you going to?" Mike asked, following Lex into the room. He stood while Lex sat in a large, over-stuffed chair and slouched down in it, getting comfortable while he reached for a thick book next to the chair and opened it, laying it on his lap.

"Soon." Lex sighed out the word, "But not today." Mike nodded.

"You have to do it soon. Before --" he was cut off by Lex.

"I know." He nodded once more and left the room without another word.

Chloe woke to softness and the smell of allspice. She allowed herself a few deep breaths of the spice and opened her eyes, panicking when she saw that the room was much larger than her own and in rich, deep colors. She gasped as she sat up and groaned as she instantly felt lightheaded and laid back down, the world swimming around her. She searched why she would be in a room like this and instantly remembered the moan, the coldness, and the feeling of being sick and felt as if someone had socked her in the stomach. The feeling was back.

Lex walked leisurely into the room, heading towards the door when her movements were caught out of the corner of his eye and he turned, watching as she yanked a hairtie from her wrist and pulled her hair back into a small ponytail and gulped as she looked up at him. She was moving to the side of the bed and gulped again. She wasn't sure how long she could hold off from throwing up.

"Bathroom." she croaked and he nodded towards a door and she bolted for it, closing it carelessly behind her as she choked out her lunch.

Lex cringed at the sound and sat on the edge of his bed, waiting until she rinsed her mouth out in the sink and opened the door, shuffling her way to the bed with new tears wetting her skin around her eyes.

"Chlo?" he asked, turning after she crawled into his bed, her back to him. "Chloe." he pressed.

She sniffled and closed her eyes, "He had sex with her." her voice was quiet.
    "Who?" he asked, scooting closer to her. She rolled over at the contact of his hand on her arm.

"Clark." she moved her eyes to look at the canopy of the bed and studied it before talking again. The tears were welling up in her eyes and her vision was becoming blurry, "I went into the apartment and they were having sex. I don't think I can ever look at him again."

Chloe closed her eyes and shook her head as the tears rolled towards her ears and rolled back over to face away from him. She didn't like people to see her cry.

"That wasn't what I was going to ask, but I'm honored you told me. There's soup on the nightstand if you feel up to eating." He left with a click of the door.

It was almost a quarter of an hour once Chloe settled herself down and gave herself a stern lecture in her head. She sat up gingerly this time and looked at the soup, furrowing her eyebrows at the fact that Lex had thought to get her soup. Thoughtful Lex wasn't the Lex she knew.

Noticing her bag, she reached for it and plucked her laptop out of it, setting it appropriately on her lap. She had some digging to do.

Lex parked his car at the front of the apartment building again and waited impatiently for the elevator.

"Hey Lex, come on in." Clark opened the door wider and Lex took the invitation, noticing Lana in the kitchen humming contentedly as she made a sandwich. He looked back towards Clark once the door was shut and he had his attention.

"Chloe's not here right now, but is there anything that I can help with?" Clark asked, his hands finding their way into his jeans.

"Clark, I know Chloe's not here. She's at my house now. Apparently, she ate something bad when we went to lunch. I'm just here to pick up some clothes." Clark looked worried. Lex could feel his anger at the younger boy fill his veins. He needed to remind himself that he was a friend of Chloe's, too. Any good friend would be concerned.

"Is she okay?" Clark asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Like I said, I'm just here for some of Chloe's clothes. If you could point me in the direction of her room, that would be great."

Clark nodded as Lana finally came into the room with her sandwich and a glass of milk. Lex took a moment to question Clark's sanity before he started speaking, "Chlo's room is this way." He turned his head to find Clark already walking to the room.

"Thanks, Clark. I think I can manage on my own from here." He tilted his head in the 'I'm-suspicious-of-you' look that Clark probably had copyrighted, but nodded a second later and walked back to the livingroom. Lex closed the door behind him and had to smile at the state that Chloe's room had been left in. He was going to be lucky if she had any clothes that weren't strewn over everything. He turned to the closet and went to work finding a duffel bag.

"I'm telling you Lana, something's up with him." Clark was being a drama queen in Lana's opinion, again.

"Oh, come on. You say that about someone every week, Clark."

"And when have I been wrong?" he retorted and couldn't help but think that Chloe was beginning to rub off on him.

"Clark, c'mon and leave him alone. He's just trying to help out Chloe." Clark sighed dramatically. She took another bite of the sandwich.

He rubbed his face and shook his head, "I know, but Lex doesn't usually act like this. Something's up." Lana rolled her eyes and shoved the rest of her sandwich in his mouth, laughing giddily as she kept the glass of milk from Clark as the peanut butter stuck to the top of his mouth and he struggled to swallow, reaching for the glass.

Lex heard their laughter from her room and shook his head, trying to tone them out. He mentally made a list. He packed some shirts, pants, a skirt... what else? A thought finally struck him and his eyes darted up from his fingers, quickly looking around to see if anyone had read his thoughts. Underwear. He had to pick out underwear for a non-girlfriend. Oy.

Moving to her chest of drawers, he had to fight out the thoughts that were running through his head as he found her underwear slash sock drawer and found various styles. He sighed and shook his head, one word going through his head: Pedophile.

Loved it!!!!!!!!!! What were Lex and that other guy talking about that Chloe needs to know!!!!!!!!!!! Please update soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information