+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 3-22-06 Chapter 4 * (NC-17)

oh i've really missed this amazing fic. I love it that they r starting to become friends again, but i thought she was going to kiss him...eh well hopefully very soon, that would've def. suprised him...awesome ud

Nice, I'm loving this story. I'm glad that Chloe is finally taking matters into her own hands and doing something about, she's not throwing herself at him which would most likely freak Lex out, so baby steps is all good and it worked! They hung out and now they have a weekly date Great update!

Steph*

Great chapter. I love the plotting and planning between Chloe and Lois, but even more I love how Lex seems cautiously trustful of Chloe...if that makes any sense. More soon, please!

Shanna

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I'm liking Lex and Chloe, liking Lois, not liking Clark and Lana, so what else is new? Lois is just too funny with her whole take charge attitude. And I like that Chloe is doing what she must to get her man. And I get the feeling that Lex is liking it too. Ah Cartoon Network, I love those little quirks that fanfic writers give to our favorite characters. It makes them so human. Personally, I want to know what cartoons Lex watches. I know "Pinky and The Brain" doesn't come on the cartoon network (or I don't think it does) but I can see Lex watching that.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i love this story and can't wait until lex falls in love with chloe then they can be together and happy forever. please update soon i just can't wait.

NS Full Member

this is kinda like sex in the city and kind of quirky like darma and grieg but i like it, it's very cute =]

NS Full Member

Aww! Poor Lex doesn't even know what hit him !

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 3-27-06 Chapter 5 * (NC-17)

Thanks again for all the feedback! I’ll try and start responding to them. There’s just so many! anyway Here’s the next part

Chapter 5

“Draw Four. And the color is green by the way.”

Chloe glared at Lex as she picked up four cards from the deck. She glared even harder at him as she noticed she had picked up four yellow cards.

Lex grinned at her as he placed his second to last card down. “Uno.”

Chloe sighed in annoyance as she picked another card out from the deck, and placed it down on top of the pile. “I’m seriously regretting teaching you how to play this game.”

“You’re just upset because you‘ve lost. Again. For the third time in a row,” Lex said, placing his last card down with a triumphant smile. “I win.”

Chloe glared as she threw her cards down onto the table. “You just won because you so diligently had to call out every time I forgot to say Uno.”

Lex just shrugged, that egotistical smirk still on his face. “Those are the rules.”

“Those are the rules,” Chloe mimicked. “You have to be perfect in everything you do don’t you?”

Lex thought for a moment before nodding. “Pretty much. Besides this game is all quite simple. it’s a strategy really. Kind of like a company takeover.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “Of all the egotistical- company takeover?”

Lex nodded. “Yes. You see in the beginning of every game I let you throw out all of your high cards until you have nothing left. Then I go in for the kill. It isn’t exactly how you play the game Chloe, its what you do at the end.”

Chloe laughed suddenly while shaking her head. “Only you would come up with a philosophy for something as simple Uno.”

Lex leaned forward until their foreheads were almost touching. “Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.”

Chloe swallowed nervously. Did he even know what he was doing to her by invading her personal space that way? The scent of his cologne permeated her senses and her mind. She blinked, and her eyes quickly glanced down at his smiling mouth. All she had to do was move her head. Just an inch, and their lips would be touching with a kiss that she’s been dreaming about.

The moment was over as fast as it had happened. She let out the breath she’d been holding as Lex turned away from her.

“Of course you would quote Winston Churchill.” Good, her voice sounded normal.

Lex glanced at her briefly as he walked toward his desk to grab two bottles of water. “The moment called for it.”

Chloe smiled, taking the bottle of out his hands as he sat next to her. “Doesn’t every moment?”

She put her sock clad feet in his lap, and turned to watch the television with a smile when he didn’t stiffen up or look uncomfortable like he did at the beginning of their friendship. She could tell he was getting use to her friendly touches; getting use to her being close. He always looked as if he were waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like he was expecting her to turn against him at any minute. She had to drill it into him time and time again that he didn’t have to be so on edge around her, that she wasn’t going to bite.

“Change the channel. This is boring.”

Lex easily held the remote out of her reach. “It’s the stock report.”

Chloe huffed. “Its Sunday Lex. Can’t you just forget about work for once?”

“I do. I’m with you aren’t I?” Lex seemed to pause, surprised at the words that slipped out of his mouth.

Chloe’s pout turned to a full out grin as she looked over at Lex with surprise. There was no expression on his face at all, just a bland look he showed the rest of the world. “That was uncharacteristically mushy of you.”

He glanced at her. “Yes. Well, lets keep that between you and I shall we?”

“Fine.” Chloe said still smiling. “But, I get bragging rights about it whenever you get too moody.”

“As long as you shut up, and let me watch the stock report in peace.”

“Agreed.”

Chloe settled back against the couch, glancing at Lex when his cell phone began to ring. He looked briefly annoyed that someone was calling him, but the look on his face changed as he seemed to realize who it was calling him.

“Lana, Hi.”

Chloe froze both mentally and physically as that name passed through Lex’s lips. She wasn’t normally a jealous person, but she surged with it at that moment. The way he said her name, all slow and silky. It bothered her tremendously.

“Yes, I remember that.”

She removed her feet from his lap, trying with all her might not to listen in on his conversation.

She was failing miserably.

Didn’t he know it was rude to talk on the phone when you had company? Well, she knew he was a little socially retarded, but everyone knew that. She opened her mouth to tell him so, but closed it once she heard the next words that came out of his mouth.

“Actually, right now is a bad time. No, that’s all right. Goodbye.”

Lex closed his phone, and glanced at Chloe. “You okay?”

The lie came easily to her as she nodded. “Of course.”

“Lane’s house of sex. I’m here to please you.”

“Lois?”

“Oh, hey cousin. What’s up?”

“We’re going to talk about your phone etiquette.”

“Oh don’t mind that. I was just avoiding someone.”

“Hmm, would that certain someone be Dan the politician?”

“Ugh! I don’t want to talk about it. That is the last time I let Martha Kent hook me up with anyone.”

Chloe laughed. “I thought you liked him.”

“I did. He’s a nice, safe, conventional guy. Then he started to speak, and I was bored to tears.”

“Mmhmm,” Chloe said. “You saw him naked didn’t you?”

Lois sighed. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

Chloe held in her snickering. “Oh, Lois-”

“You can hear the frustration in my voice Chloe,” Lois cut in. “ I’m warning you to leave it alone.”

“Okay. Okay. Just one more question?”

“What?”

“Was it small?”

“Chloe!”

“I’m sorry.” Chloe giggled. She so rarely got the opportunity to rag on her cousin.

“Its not funny. My sex life has gone from pathetic to completely pathetic. I think I deserve a little bit more sympathy from you.”

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

“Now,” Lois said. “Lets make fun of your life. How is the bald billionaire? Did you guys have sex yet?”

“His name is Lex, and it isn’t like that. I’m just enjoying being his friend right now.”

“Hmm. And you’ve been friend with him how long?”

“Seven months and five days, but who’s counting?”

“You’ve been friends for seven months, and he hasn’t even made a move on you? Geez, he’s slower than I thought.”

Chloe sighed. “It isn’t-”

“Like that,” Lois finished for her. “I get it. I know you enjoy being friends with him, but I think you’d be even better friends if you two did it already.”

“Maybe,” She conceded. “But, I don’t think he’s ever had a girl as a friend. A real friend. Its nice to know that I could be that for him.”

“I’m going to cry.”

Chloe felt herself blushing. “Shut up.”

“So, what did Clark say when you told him about your not so new found friendship?”

“He looked shocked. Then he looked really sad. Then he said he didn’t like it, but he’s still my friend no matter what.”

“Wow,” Lois said. “He didn’t try and preach to you or anything?”

“No. Although he really looked like he wanted to. I think he kind of finally gets it.”

“That’s good. Hey, what about the enemy?”

Chloe rolled her eyes at Lois’s name for Lana. “She still doesn’t know, and I don’t want her to.”

“Keep an eye on her Chloe. She’s a sneaky one.”

“Bye Lois.”

“Okay. Fine. I’ve got to run anyway. I’m suppose to help Martha hire a new assistant.”

Chloe smiled. “Lets cross your fingers in the hopes that it’s a guy.”

“Talk to you later smart ass.”

“Sullivan, get in here!”

Chloe glanced up from her textbook to see Mr. Harrower standing in the doorway of his office. She stood up with a sigh, wondering what she could’ve done wrong this time.

“Yes, Mr. Harrower?”

“I have an assignment for you.” Harrower passed her a folder.

Chloe took the folder, and opened it. “Platman industries,” She read. “What’s that?”

“It’s a meat packing industry down on seventh and main. I got a tip that the Metropolis police are moving in on them for running an illegal pharmaceutical drug ring. I want you to look in on it.”

Chloe stared down at the folder in front of her with a frown. “But, I don’t-” She trailed off at his look. “Okay.”

Harrower nodded, standing up. “Good. I want you to give me what you have in the next three weeks.”

Chloe’s smile didn’t reach her eyes as she stood up. “I’ll be right on that.”

“Hey, Sullivan?”

Chloe turned. “Yes, Mr. Harrower.”

“Isn‘t it about time for you to go home?”

“Yes, but I just had to get-”

“Nonsense,” he cut in. “You work too hard.”
    Chloe frowned. Work too hard? Didn’t he just give her another assignment?

“But-”

“Go home, and don’t come in tomorrow. You look like shit.”

“Okay,” she said. “Thanks. I think.”

“This is a surprise.”

Chloe hadn’t expected to see Lex leaning against a silver Lexus, hands in his pockets, in front of her campus building. He was impeccably dressed as usual. Wearing a black suit with a pale lavender tie. He looked cool and sophisticated. Completely unmoved.

“What brings you here?”

Lex stood up straight. “I’ve been in meetings all day today. I figured I’d come meet you on your way from work.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow as she studied him. He’d been in meetings all day? Most people came from work looking rumpled and dishelmed. But Lex wasn’t most people. She was beginning to suspect he groomed himself in between off hours to give off the guise that he always looked sharp without effort.

“Get in,” He said opening his door. “I want to show you something.”

“We’ve been driving for the past twenty minutes Lex. Where are we going?”

Lex glanced at her looking annoyed. “You look terrible.”

Chloe pouted. “Thanks for making my self- esteem go down ten points. I’m just tired. Plus, I think I’m coming down with something.”

Lex frowned at her. “You work too hard.”

“This coming from a guy who works on Sundays.”

Lex didn’t look amused at her usual quip. “I’m serious Chloe. Handling school and your job might be a bit too much.”

Now Chloe was annoyed. Who did he think he was? “Look Lex,” she started slowly. “I can take care of myself. My work load is perfectly healthy, and I don’t need anyone trying to tell me otherwise.”

Lex’s face suddenly went cold. His hands reflexively grasped the steering wheel. “I won’t mention it again.” He said after a long bout of silence.

Chloe stared at him. Really stared at him. Then it suddenly hit her that he wasn’t trying to tell her what to do. This was Lex worrying. This was Lex indirectly telling her that he was worried she was over doing it. Instead of appeasing him, she bit his head off.

She placed a hand on his leg, biting her lip when he looked at her startled. “Sorry,” she said quietly. “I have the whole day off tomorrow.”

She watched as he slowly eased the tenseness from his posture, and he became more relaxed. “Good.”

She smiled as the mood in the car went back to normal. “So,” she said brightly. “Where are we going?”

Lex shook his head. “You’re incorrigible.”

“But, you put up with me.”

“Unfortunately. We’re here.”

Chloe glanced up as he pulled into a construction site.

“What is this place?” She asked as she got out of the car.”

She glanced around noticing all the piles of dirt. “What is it you wanted me to see exactly?”

Lex walked to stand beside her. He waved his hand in front of them. “This. All of this.”

She raised an eyebrow. “All of this dirt?” She turned to look at him. “You’re not going to kill me are you?”

Lex frowned. “You’re a strange person.”

“Thank you. So, what is this place?”

Lex smiled. “This is the LuthoMed disease control institute.”

Chloe frowned. “LuthoMed?”

“Yes. A new division I’ve been working on for a few weeks. Disease research. Aids, cancer, anything.”

He turned away from her to look back out at all the dirt. “These facilities will be built by 2009.”

Chloe smiled. “So, let me guess. You want me to spin a story for you?”

He shrugged. “Well, eventually. But, I want you to be the first one to know about this Chloe. The first one to-see this.”

Chloe looked at him surprised and confused at the unfamiliar look on his face. “Lex?”

“I’m closing the weapons research division of Luthorcorp.”

Chloe knew that division alone was worth billions of dollars. “Why?”

He gave her a ghost of a smile. “Which answer would you like to hear?”

“The real one.”

His smile faded as he looked away from her. “I had to stop myself before I got out of hand.”

The answer was simple, but Chloe knew everything Lex said was never simple. She knew Lex had secrets. Told lies. Had done things. Questionable things. But, standing here looking at him, she could tell something had happened in order for him to make such a rash ethical business decision.

“I’m proud of you Lex.”

He looked startled, pleased, and uncomfortable all in one at her statement, and the small smile he graced her with made her insides flutter.

“Come on,” he said walking back to the car. “I’ll take you to get some lunch.”

“Good because I’m starved. Can I drive back?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.”

“But, that’s not an answer.”

“Get in the damn car Chloe.”

Chloe stared hard at Lana’s truck parked In the castle’s driveway. She had drove into Smallville in the hopes of seeing Lex on her night off. But, instead she was standing outside debating whether or not she should just knock and interrupt whatever they were doing.

She shook her head, turning to go. She couldn’t do that, that was just rude. She walked halfway down the driveway toward her car before pausing.

“Keep an eye on her Chloe. She’s a sneaky one.”

Chloe bit her lip as Lois’s dumb words played over and over in her head. Lana was a sneaky one, and Chloe wouldn’t stand for it. She had to see what the hell was going on there.

Before she knew what she was doing, her legs were taking her to the side of the castle. “Please don’t have floodlights,” She muttered glancing around the darkened area. “Or, watch dogs.” She glanced up to where she knew Lex’s study was, frowning when she noticed the light was on.

“Okay, what to do? What to do?” She glanced around, her eyes stopping on the large tree in front of her. “Okay, Chloe. Are you really going to climb this tree?” She glanced back up at Lex’s study.

“Yes.”

She quickly began to climb with precision, thankful that two of her childhood best friends were both boys. “I can’t believe I’m doing this. Lois was right,” She muttered lifting her left arm, and pulling her right leg up. “I have finally converted to stalking.”

Deciding she was high enough, she lifted her right leg, and swung it around to straddle the tree branch. She smiled triumphantly when she noticed she had a perfect view inside Lex’s study. She moved forward as she observed the scene in front of her. Lex was behind his desk, and Lana, sitting in the chair in front of him. They were talking.

“Innocently enough.” She said, and glanced up as a loud clap of thunder was heard. She really could laugh at the luck she wasn’t having. The last thing she needed was to be rained on. The second to last thing she needed was to be shocked by lightening while sitting in this tree. Maybe that should be the last thing.

Shaking her thoughts, she leaned in even closer, squinting her eyes when she realized Lana looked upset about something. She watched as Lex stood up, and kneeled in front of Lana, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Figures,” She snorted. “She would go to him. He throws her the best pity parties.”

She watched as Lana suddenly stood, throwing her arms up, looking confused and hurt. She watched as Lex stood up, and rested a hand on Lana’s cheek, causing Lana to look up at him. They stared at each other silently.

“No.” Chloe muttered, as she watched Lex lean forward and kiss Lana. She watched as Lana seemed to freeze, before resting her hands on Lex’s shoulders, and returning the kiss.

“Oh!” Chloe gasped leaning forward even more. “That Bitc- Ahhhh!” The tree branch cracked loudly, and Chloe went falling and falling so fast she hit the pile of dirt with a silent thud, knocking the wind out of her.

It took Chloe five whole minutes to realize that she wasn’t dead. It took her another five minutes to realize that she wasn’t paralyzed. She closed her eyes, thanking the pile of dirt and god of course. After thanking the pile of dirt and god, she remembered what she saw, and was hit with a sudden bout of deep sadness. Her night could not get any worse.

Just as that thought entered her mind, she felt it. One drop. Then two. Then three and four. The sky thundered with a frightening sound of lightening followed by the heavy downpour of rain. She could feel the dirt below her turn to mud, and she groaned out loud. The rain pelted against her face and body, soaking her. Freezing her. The sudden warmth on her face made her realize that she was crying.

She slowly tried to stand, but slipped, falling face first into the mud.

Her night definitely couldn’t get any worse.

“Oh my god. Chloe?” Lois stared at her wet mud caked cousin. “What happened?”

Chloe’s teeth chattered as she wrapped her arms around herself. “May I please use your shower?”

TBC

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I really hate Lex right now. Him and Blana can pick a finger and spin and then go to hell.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

This is so not good!! Hate that Lana, always have to get avery guy and that idiot Lex kissed her - I want to cry!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information