+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 12-2-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

LOL on something easy. No i don't mind you stalking me and i'm sorry for taking so long. real life has been real hectic. and just yesterday i started working on chapter 22. I'm kind of stuck on a few things. trying to fix it up. Trying not to fall asleep everytime i get a chance to work on it. But, its coming along. This one will be a long one just for you

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    LOL on something easy. No i don't mind you stalking me and i'm sorry for taking so long. real life has been real hectic. and just yesterday i started working on chapter 22. I'm kind of stuck on a few things. trying to fix it up. Trying not to fall asleep everytime i get a chance to work on it. But, its coming along. This one will be a long one just for you
    HAH! I KNEW that ritual sacrifice was the way to go. You thought the presentation of the 'almost chick' was impressive? Wait till you see what I can do with a fish and a chicken.

I'm really, REALLY happy to hear that chapter 22 has been started, AND that it's going to be an especially long chapter that's undoubtedly going to cover over a LOT of issues standing between them.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lex and Chloe dealing with their guilt-issues about THAT night. Chloe probably feels guilty because she feels like she might have led Lex on and left him high and dry (which is silly, but I can imagine and understand why she would believe such a thing).

And Lex is going to feel (justifiably) guilty about the near date-rape that happened when he almost took advantage of Chloe in her inebriated state. Of course he gains some points because he stopped immediately without argument when Chloe told him 'no'. But still, he should have known better... and I'm expecting a LOT of begging for forgiveness from him. Perhaps he'll be motivated to make the typical Luthor 'grand gesture' by putting genuine effort and sincerity into their agreement of only being friends...?

Please update soon. I'd LOVE to see how the dinner goes. And I'm still curious whether all those other notes he sent Chloe were ALSO asking her out to dinner to various restaurants... where he proceeded to wait for hours on end, hoping she would show up.

Please write quickly... Would it help if I continued to up the ante on the sacrifices?

*goes hunting for a bull to slaughter*

Please update before I start in with the neighbourhood pets.

NS Junior Member liz_antoinette's Avatar

This is really good Update soon

A little birdie told me this fic was going to get updated really soon... actually I believe the chapter was scheduled for posting yesterday? (whining voice) I've been waiting and waiting foreveeeer! (whiny voice finished)

ahem...

please update soon.

NS Junior Member

update....loved the updates. will she or won't she forgive him soon?

Kill Lana

More soon tommorrow..i promise this time. Thanks for being so paient.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    More soon tommorrow..i promise this time. Thanks for being so paient.
    heh. I had worked my way up to sacrificing salmon (with cream-cheese dill on the side) in dedication of this fic. I'm glad to see that ritual brutality DOES work from time to time

I look forward to the update. Thanks for the heads up

NS Junior Member

What a extradinory story
    Can't wait to read what next

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 1-11-07 Chapter 22* (NC-17)

Happy new year!

Sorry for taking forever to update. i've done this chapter over probably five times... I’ve been quite busy. Also due to all of the Lexana, I believe I have been sorely lacking in the creative department. Thanks to something easy she keeps the muse from dying.

Thanks for the patience and feedback!

Also: Writer’s block is a bitch.

Chapter 22

“I can’t wear this.”

Chloe gazed at her reflection with a deep frown. She stared at the way the blouse she tried on accentuated her breast in the most revealing way. “I definitely cannot wear this.”

“Why not?” Lois asked, standing next to her cousin. “It looks good on you.”

Chloe adjusted her blouse with a frown. “First of all, my boobs are sticking out. Its too revealing.”

Lois grinned. “Revealing is good. Remember what I said about Lex and boobs?”

Chloe snorted, and rolled her eyes. “Just, hand me another shirt please?”

“But-”

“I don’t want him looking at my boobs.” She said with finality. She wanted to go into this as low key as possible. She knew wearing something so revealing would draw Lex’s attention in places well out of the friend zone. Knowing something like that paralyzed her with fear. Made her want to back out of this whole thing and go back to the avoiding.

Lois watched her cousin with a small frown before putting her arm around her shoulder. “Hey-” She said, trailing off when she realized how much Chloe was trembling. “Are you shaking/”

“No!” Chloe answered quickly.

Lois grinned. “Yeah you are.” She for Chloe’s hands, surprised at how much they trembled. “Geez Cousin.”

Chloe snatched her hands away with a glare. “I can’t help it okay?” “I’m all nervous.”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Its not like you’re walking to your death.”

Chloe just stared at her.

“Okay so you’re going to see creepy Lex, but its only Lex.”

“That sentence makes no sense.” Chloe argued, and Lois let out a put upon sigh.

“Look, the point is Chloe is that its only Lex. Lex, the man you’ve been in a relationship with for the past two years-” She trailed when Chloe just stared blankly at her. “He’s seen you naked.” She offered with a shrug.

“So not helping.” Chloe announced, standing up with a deep sigh.

“Just remember a time when you first wanted Lex.”

Chloe remembered. She had been so fearless then. “Okay.” She said softly. She nodded, standing up while grabbing for her jacket. “I’m calm. I can do this right?”

“Right.” Lois answered.

She reached for her jacket and slid it on. “Its no big deal, and I’m a self respecting woman who’s mature and so not a coward.”

“Anymore.” Lois corrected grinning as Chloe glared at her.

“Anymore.” Chloe amended, taking a deep breath. “I’m back to my old self now.” She turned and smiled at her cousin. “Take a mental pic because the next time you see me I’m going to be a whole new Chloe.” Her smile widened.

Lois watched her warily. “You’re scaring me.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “It’s only lunch.” She repeated much more for her own sake than anybody else’s. “How bad can it be.”

She was already ten minutes late. She stood in the doorway of the restaurant contemplating running away. The knots in her stomach were beginning to become overwhelming for her, and she silently cursed her inability to control her emotions. She weighed her options, already knowing that if she ditched the plan Lois would not let her hear the end of it. Knowing this, she would probably have to avoid Lois until the whole thing blew over. She bit her lip in thought, and slowly turned.

“Ms. Sullivan?”

Mind made up. She slowly turned to the host with a small smile. “Yes?”

The host smiled at her. “Mr. Luthor has been waiting for you.”

Of course he has.

She’s led toward the back of the restaurant into a private area, and she felt her stomach quiver with nervousness as she spotted the back of Lex’s head. She watched as he seemed to glance at his watch, and sigh heavily, throwing his napkin onto the plate angrily.

She nodded to the host who waved his arm in Lex’s direction and slowly walked towards the table. She stood in front of him, noting to herself how good he looked dressed in a violet turtle neck, matching cashmere sweater, and blue jeans. She’s never seen him dressed so casual, and she had to admit how good he looked, sitting there deep in his own thoughts.

“Hi.”

She gave him a half smile as he looked up startled to see her standing there. “Chloe?”

“Sorry I’m late.” She said, trying to sound casual, covering her nervousness up by clearing her throat. She pulled out her chair and sat down, glancing up at Lex to see the same surprised look on his face. “What?” She asked softly.

He slowly shook his head, reaching for his napkin and folding it back onto his lap. “I’m surprised you’re here. I didn’t think you’d show.”

She bit her lip, and fingered her menu nervously. “What makes you think that?” She asked, not bothering to keep the sarcasm out of her tone. She looked up at Lex surprised to see him watching her with a small smile.

“Oh, nothing,” He answered. “Just the fact that I’ve waited each time for you, and was seriously becoming desperate enough to start sitting outside your fire escape until I annoyed you into seeing me.”

She felt some of the tension drain away at the sudden joke, and she laughed, smiling at the seriousness of his statement. “That’s sad,” She said, “You know could’ve just bribed me.” She thought for a moment. “Or Lois.”

He laughed. “I don’t know about you, but Lois on the other hand…” he trailed off with a small smile. “What’s even more sad is how close I was to actually doing that.”

They smile at each other, and sits in comfortable silence until Lex leaned forward.

“Chloe, about the last time we saw each other.”

The tension that disappeared suddenly came rushing back so fast it made her head swim. “Lex-”

“I shouldn’t have did what I did. I knew how champagne makes you and I took advantage of your impaired judgment.”

She shook her head with a small glare. “My judgment wasn’t that impaired Lex. I knew what I was doing, and yes maybe I was more susceptible, but I knew what I wanted. I had fault in it too.”

He shook his head. “I still knew better-”

True. Yes, that was true, but she wouldn’t let him take full blame for it. “You weren’t the one who made me drink five glasses of champagne-”

“Six.” Lex corrected, and she suddenly felt incredibly annoyed.

“Look Lex, I’m not some innocent poor victim you took advantage of. I wasn’t that drunk because I remember every minute of that night.” The unstoppable words tumbled out of her mouth before she can stop them, and something heats up in Lex’s eyes as soon as they touched his ears. She quickly looked away, and she could feel her face heat up all the way to her ears.

There’s a small break in the tension as their food is settled in front of them, and she idly wonders if she should be annoyed that he ordered her food for her, but finds that she isn’t because he seemed to always know what to pick for her. She only chanced a glance up at him when the waiter walked away with a quiet enjoy. She’s relieved to see the heated look in his eyes gone, and he’s now concentrating on picking at his food.

Awkwardness settled heavily between them, and Chloe hates it. She sighed heavily, suddenly not very hungry at all.

“Chloe?”

She looked up at him surprised to see him watching her sadly. “Tell me a secret?”

She paused for a long moment before answering. “I wish this were easier.”

Lex gave her a soft smile. “You’re not alone.”

They stared at each other for a long moment each in their own thoughts. Chloe knows this won’t be easy. She knows it, but she wants to work at it. There was too much between them not to.

“Chloe,” He started softly. He looked as uncomfortable as she felt. “The way I ended things between us was so cruel of me. I know I’ve ruined the chances of us being more, but I-” He trailed off with a sigh. “I’ll take having you in my life anyway I can. Even if it was just as a friend.”

She stared at him, her mind reeling. She’d never seen Lex be so reveling with her, and the look on his face both excited and frightened her.

She was quiet for a long moment. “It won’t be easy.”

He nodded in agreement. “No, it won’t. I’m well aware of that. I know we have a lot to work through.”

She smiled. “Yeah, there is that. But, can we just enjoy lunch for now?”

The surprise and pleasure that crosses Lex’s features makes her stomach flutter in a pleasant way, and she picked up her chopsticks and began to eat in earnest.

“Daily Planet.”

“I’m incredibly bored.”

Chloe paused, surprised by the deep smooth voice that came through the phone. Things were progressing slowly between them. She hadn’t heard or seen from Lex for a week after their first meeting. She was fine with that because it had given her some time to think things through. She knew she had no issues when it came to the subject of whether she forgave Lex or not. She was a very forgiving person, and she had forgiven him the moment he had showed up on her doorstep that day.

“Shouldn’t you be working?”

“I am, working that is. That doesn’t mean I can’t fall into boredom. What are you doing?”

“Working.” She answered, resting the phone against her shoulder as she typed quickly onto her laptop.

“Hmm.” Was all he said.

“Hmm?” Chloe parroted. “Lex, what are you doing?”

“Well,” he sighed. “I’m pretending to work while in all reality I’m actually on my third game of spider solitaire”

Chloe giggled.

“So, Coffee?”

“What? Now?”

“Of course. I mean if you’re busy-”

“No.” She cut in slowly. “I’m not busy. Kings right?”

“I’ll see you in ten minutes.”

Kings was Metropolis’s most famous coffee shop, and Chloe’s favorite hangout spot. She had spent many lunches here with Lex. This was their first time, in many months, meeting each other here. She had been avoiding this place for months, all because she was tired of being asked where Lex was.

Now, as she sat there slowly sipping her coffee, she’s realized what a fool she’s been for giving up such wonderful coffee all for the sake of her sanity. She smiled to herself.

“You’re quiet.” Lex observed, taking a sip off his coffee.

“I am?” She asked, taking another sip of her latte.

Lex watched her carefully. “Mmhmm. Something the matter?”

She shook her head. “No.” She half lied. She didn’t know what was wrong. “I’m just thinking that if I could have this on tap I would.”

Lex smiled. “That can be arranged.”

Chloe perked up a bit. “So very tempting, but I’ll pass.”

He shrugged. “I tried.”

“How’s work?” She asked, changing the subject.

“Boring.” He answered honestly. “And interesting all in one. Most days I’m totally swamped with work and other days-”

“You’re playing spider solitaire?”

He smirked. “Exactly.” He cleared his throat. “I heard you stepped down from investigative reporting and are now doing editorials.”

She wasn’t surprised he knew. “That’s right.” She said with a proud smile. “Investigating isn’t as exciting for me as it use to be,” She revealed with a frown. “Actually I think I just don’t want to be kidnapped again.”

Lex gave her a startled look. “Chloe-”

She shook her head. “No, its only half of the reason. Maybe all. I never realized how dangerous what I did was until that night.” She shrugged. “Harrower offered me my own column, and its slightly more money I took it.”

“You don’t have to give something you love up.”

She smiled at him. “I love to write.”

He smiled. “You’re an amazing writer, and I’m sure anything you do you’ll succeed in.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Duh Mr. Sappy.”

He glared at her. “You can’t use that for blackmail.”

“Duly noted.”

“That color is ridiculous.”

Lois sighed, and placed the dress back onto the rack.

“I think Smallville is hiding something from me.”

Chloe glanced at Lois curiously. “Well if he’s hidings meting from you, he’s definitely hiding something from me. Because Clark tells me everything.”

Lois just shrugged. “It must my paranoia acting up again. See what working for the Inquisitor has done to me?”

Chloe shook her head. “You should’ve quit when I told you to.”

“I know.” Lois harrumphed. “Its just, those stories are so-”

“Gross?” Chloe offered.

“Riveting.”

“Stories about a “bat boy” eating his own head is just oozing with riveting literary detail.”

“I’m so catching up on the sarcasm in your voice.”

Chloe smirked. “Wonderful. Let me give a mental check off of my list for giving you your daily dose.”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Incase you’ve forgotten my boyfriend is an alien.”

Chloe paused in thought. “I hadn’t thought of that.” She smiled at Lois. “Wow, that is ironic. No wonder why you felt so at home there.”

“Anyway, How are things between you and Lex going?”

Chloe smiled. “Its getting better.”

Lois held a blouse up to her chest then passed it to Chloe. “So almost three months into the newly rebuilt friendship with Lex, and he hasn’t used his sexy Lex moves on you?”

Both women sat down. “He’s been a complete gentleman, and just so you know, Friends don’t do sexy moves on each other.”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Crap.”

“We do normal things,” Chloe continued. “Friends do.”

Lois shook her head. “Boring, normal, crap.”

Chloe glared at her annoyed. “Lois-”

Lois steered her out of the clothing store. “Look, don’t you see the way things have gone full circle?”

Chloe only stared at her. “I’m not following.”

“Duh,” Lois stated with a roll of her eyes. “This is the way it goes between the two of you. Friendship, sex, then more sex.”

Chloe only stared at her.

“With a little bit of love thrown in there somewhere.” Lois continued.

“Lois,” Chloe sighed exasperated. “That’s not-”

“Don’t deny it!”

“I’m not denying anything,” Chloe said. “Its just-I…that’s not the way it is. I don’t even know if I even feel that way anymore”

“Liar.”

“Lois!”

“Let me explain. There’s this aura around the two of you. A sex Aura. You can’t deny it. I know I see it.”

“That’s because you’re a freak.”

“Whatever. I just know what I’m talking about. You’re so happy now Chloe. You two need to get over yourselves and get back together already.”

“There’s too much stuff between us.”

“There’ll always be stuff between the two of you. But it’s the bond that matters.”

Chloe stared at her for a long moment. “You’ve been watching Dr. Phil again haven’t you?”

Lois grinned. “He’s my favorite.”

“Epicaricacy is not a word!”

Lex grinned as he handed her Webster’s dictionary. “Look it up if you challenge it.”

She snatched the book from his hands, mumbling as she flipped through the pages. She paused as the word stared up at. Her eyes slid to the definition.

Epicaricacy N. Taking pleasure in ones misfortune.

She glared at his smiling face. “Of course you would put a word like that up there.”

Lex’s smile widened. “Triple word score plus double letter score equals three hundred and forty one points. Which means that you Ms. Sullivan, are a sore loser.”

Chloe glared at him as she placed her letters back into the bag. “You only one because of that obscure word of yours.” She crossed her arms in front of her chest. “I don’t want to play anymore.”

“I‘ll take the liberty of pointing out that you‘re a sore loser.” Lex commented, and she raised an eyebrow.

She smirked at him. “So says the man who hid his own chess board all because he loss his most beloved game to a girl.”

He frowned at her. “It’s the principle of the thing. I taught you how to play that.” He reached for their empty plates and stood up. “Would you like some more juice?” He asked over his shoulder.

“No thanks.” She said absently. She watched as he moved methodically around the kitchen, taking the dirty pots and pans and placing them into soapy water. It still amused her when Lex revealed to her that Helga was on strike, and wouldn’t be back until he fixed things with her. “Is Helga back yet?”

He glanced at her. “No, she’ll be back next week, and thank goodness. I’m starting to get dishwasher hands.”

“Poor baby.” She murmured still watching him. “At least you paid for that vacation of hers. That was sweet of you.”

He only snorted.

Her thoughts drifted back to the conversation she had with Lois earlier that day. Was their relationship really like that? She snorted to herself already knowing the answer. The real question was whether or not she could go back to that with him? or if she even wanted to? She knew she was quite enjoying renewing her friendship with Lex, and she realized how much she missed him being a part of her life.

‘But he had given it up in the first place.’ Her mind reminded. That much was true, and she made sure to lock her heart up tight, but he was trying so hard, and the knowledge of that warmed her insides.

“Lex?”

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing for your birthday?”

“Getting older.” He answered simply. He turned to face her. “Why?”

She shrugged. “No reason.” She mumbled.

Lex watched her through narrowed eyes. “What are you planning.”

She shook her head. “Nothing.” She answered innocently. “What makes you think I’m planning something?”

“Because I know what that look means.”

“I don’t have a look.”

“No party Chloe.”

She rolled her eyes. “I wouldn’t torture you that much.” She said, mentally crossing off party off of her list.

“Right,” He said, clearly not believing her. “You remember what happened the last time you tried to throw me a party.” He placed the last dish from the sink to the dishwasher, and made his way back over to her.

She vaguely remembered an angry Lex, and strawberry chocolate cake flying everywhere. “That was an overreaction on your part.”

He gaped at her. “My part?”

She nodded, and snatched the remote from his hands. “Oh look its Love story,” She grinned at him. “Your favorite film.”

“Chloe?” she felt someone nudging her, and her eyes slid open. She looked around with sleepy eyes. The television was off, the lights dimmed. She was surprised to see Lex looking down at her with a small smile. She hadn’t even known she’d fallen asleep.

“What time is it?” She asked softly.

“A quarter to nine.” He answered just as softly.

Chloe watched him watch her. Something inside her forced her not to look away. Something had changed. Something important changed between them during the course of falling asleep.

The longer she stared up into his dark gray eyes, the more she wanted to find out.

“I better get home.” She said softly, and Lex nodded.

Neither moved. Her eyes slid down toward his lips.

“I better go.” She murmured.

He nodded. “Yes.”

She was all ready sliding closer toward him, and she watched as he seemed to suck in a breath of air. Her lips brushed against his own in a feathery light kiss. His eyes were closed tightly when she pulled away, and rested a hand on his stomach, smiling to herself when she felt him tense.

She hated when Lois was right.

She applied more pressure to the second kiss, her mouth coaxing and moving against his in a way she knew he loved.

“Chloe?” He whispered against her mouth.

She ran her tongue against his bottom lip, smiling at his sharp intake of breath. “Hmm?”

He quickly pulled away from her. “We can’t.” He said quietly.

Chloe pulled away from him, her eyes wide and cheeks red. “I’m sorry.” God what was she thinking. She felt her face flush in embarrassed. She slid off of the couch. “I really should go now.”

“Chloe-”

“Dinner was great.” She said with false cheerfulness. She chanced a glance in his direction, feeling her chest tighten at the sad look in his eyes.

“Chloe-”

“I’m sorry for attacking you.”

“You didn’t-wait…” He trailed off when she stood up.

“I better leave.” She said, reaching for her jacket. “Its better before we both-” She stopped speaking when he just stared at her. She all but ran toward the door. She turned to face him, unsurprised to see his face washed of any emotion.

“Goodnight Lex.”

Face scrubbed of any evidence of her tears, because she simply will not admit to herself that she was sometimes a crybaby, she climbed into bed, reaching for Virginia as she did.

“Your mommy made a fool of herself tonight.” She murmured, and Virginia just meowed at her.

She knew why she did what she did. Broke her rule. Their rule. Their deal. It was all Lex’s fault really. Sitting there looking good. Smelling good. She couldn’t help herself. She didn’t know what she was thinking agreeing to be friends again. It seemed as though every time they were taking a step ahead, they were getting thrown ten steps backwards.

Why was she even torturing herself?

She knew what she wanted, and it wasn’t a surprise that she had fallen into what she tried so hard to avoid. Could she do it? Could she give her heart back to Lex like she so desperately wanted?

She turned onto her side with a small sigh and closed her eyes. She’ll go to Lex tomorrow night and talk to him.

“Stupid Lois.” She muttered before drifting off.

“Daily Planet?”

“Why are you still working?”

“Hello to you too.”

“Well aren’t you suppose to be sexing it up with-”

Chloe was silent for a long moment before sighing. “Lois-”

“I was right.” Lois snickered annoyingly into the phone. “Its okay to be wrong for once Chloe. I mean, you were in denial for such a long time.”

Chloe reached for the file folder that was placed onto her desk. “This is somewhat true.”

“All the way true.” Lois corrected. “You know I’m glad this is going to be over. I really couldn’t take the smoldering looks he was throwing your way every two seconds.”

Chloe sighed, with a small wistful. “You noticed those too huh?”

“Pretty hard to ignore sweetie. Especially since you were giving them back.”

Chloe paused in typing. “I wasn’t-”

“You so were.”

“I’m hanging up now.”

“All right, well I’ll call you later tonight post hot sex.”

“Good bye Lois.”

When Chloe left for work it was pouring out. She cursed herself for not bringing her umbrella as she hurried toward her car. She had left work a bundle of nerves, her stomach twisting in anxious knots as she thought about her meeting with Lex. She had already called him earlier this morning, and left a message on his cell phone informing him that she wanted to speak to him about something important. She had no clue what she was going to say to him. How she was going to start off this conversation. She briefly considered just skipping to the sex part first then talk,but then that would probably ruin the whole point. She started her car, pushing all negative thoughts away.

So much for pushing her negative thoughts away.

Chloe hated the way irony played such a large role in her life. It seemed as though every time she thought that things were okay, life turned around and blew up in her face, like now for instance.

She could only stare, frozen from shock, at the tall and beautiful half naked woman standing in Lex’s doorway. The long uncovered legs and perfectly shaped body covered in nothing but Lex’s dress shirt.

“Yes?” The woman asks softly, a small smile on her face.

Chloe can only stare.

“Diana they’re bringing up your- Chloe?”

Her eyes slid toward Lex, who now stood behind Maria his face surprised. She looked between the two of them, alarm bells going of inside her head.

The indication is so obvious.

She turned and walked quickly towards the elevator, ignoring Lex’s voice urging her back.

‘I should’ve known better.’ Chloe murmured to herself as settled onto the couch. She should’ve known something like this would happen. Lex was a man, and sometimes men have needs.

She shook her head angrily. The hell with that. Lex claimed to love her, and if he did then he shouldn’t have been with that woman. She couldn’t stop the pain and feelings of betrayal from entering into her heart. Yes she agreed to the two of them just being friends, and maybe she had no right in being angry. She frowned deeply.

Screw that. Lex was hers and no one else’s. The two of them had been through so much. Too much, and she knew he wanted her.

Then why would he sleep with someone else?

The sudden urgent knock at her door brought her out of her reverie, and she knew she didn’t need to peek through the peephole to know it was Lex. She bit her lip, considering whether or not to open it and let him explain himself.

She made her way over to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open quickly.

Lex stood there, fist raised poised to knock again. He slowly lowered it, relief filling his expression. “Chloe, we have to talk.”

She stood there, arms crossed in front of her chest as she stared at him. “Okay,” She said slowly. “Talk.”

He stepped inside, closing the door behind him with a soft click. “Chloe-”

“Before you talk,” She cut in. “I know we agreed to be friends, I mean, its what i wanted.”

“Chloe-”

“Even after knowing you wanted more, I still wanted you in my life, but being with you that way after what you did was not an option for me.”

“I understand that Chloe but-”

“But after spending time with you for the few past months I began to realize how much I was denying what I really wanted.”

Lex eyed her calmly as he took a step toward her. “What was that?” He asked softly.

She ignored him and continued. “And then I saw you with that….woman, and even though I probably have no right to, I’m pissed. Really pissed that you would even do such a thing.”

“Chloe-”

“How could you? After everything you said you couldn’t-” She was cut off by his lips on his own. She hadn’t even realized he had moved that closer to her. His mouth moved against her slowly, ad she held on, returning his kiss with just as much passion. It took her a moment to remember she was suppose to be angry at him before she pulled away with a small gasp. “Lex!”

“I’m sorry,” he said, not sounding very sorry at all. “It was the only way to stop you from talking.”

She pushed him away from her. “This is serious.”

“I’m being very serious Chloe. I wanted to explain to you that what you saw earlier isn’t what you think.”

She rolled her eyes. “Not the best thing to say when explaining yourself.”

He gave her an annoyed look but continued. “He gave her an annoyed look but continued. “What you saw tonight was innocent-”

“Then who was that woman?”

“It was Helga's daughter. She wanted to surprise her mother, so she came straight from the airport.”

Chloe could feel uncertainty start to creep its way into her head, but she it off. “Then why was she in your shirt?”

“The airport lost all of her luggage, and It was pouring out all day, she showed up soak and wet so I gave her something to wear.”

“Oh,” Was all she said. “But why would-”

“Chloe,” He said reaching for her hands. “Trust me when I say that Diana has absolutely no interest in me or any man for that matter.”

She raised an eyebrow. “You mean she's-”

“Irrevocably.” He said with a small smile. “I tried very hard to seduce her when I was eighteen and it didn't work, which was a shock because I could seduce anyone.”

She slipped her hands out of his own with a frown. “You think you’re such a sex god.”

“Thank you.”

They both smiled at each other, her smile fading as she realized the problem was not solved. She turned away from him with a sigh.

“Chloe,” he started hesitantly. “I received your message this morning. You wanted to talk?”

“Yes,” She said. “I did, but-” She trailed off, and turned to face him again. “Why did you push me away last night?”

He shoved his hands into his pocket. “Because if I hadn’t pushed you away last night when I did, then I wouldn’t have been able to stop. If it had gone any further then I know you would’ve regretted it the next morning.” He shook his head as he struggled to say his next words, his usual guarded face open and honest. “I don’t think I can handle something like that.”

Chloe stared at him surprised. Did she really make him think that way? Does she come off that way? She had never seen Lex act so insecure.

“I’m sorry I made you feel that way.”

He shook his head. “After the way I treated I relationship-”

“It was careless,” She cut in. “But its in the past, and we’re moving forward.”

“Are we?” He asked.

“Lex,” she said. “I know I agreed for us to just be friends, but it isn’t working. You and I both know it’ll never work.”

“No,” He agreed quietly. “It won’t.”

Chloe stared at him long and hard. “Lex?” She asked softly. “What do you want?”

“Everything.” He answered.

She bit her lip, her hand going up to rest onto his shoulder. “I’m scared.”

“You aren’t alone.” He admitted with a wry smile.

They entwined their fingers together. Lex pulled her closer until they were only inches apart.

Chloe’s fingers skimmed the back of his neck. “If you hurt me again,” She murmured against his lips. “I’ll never forgive you.”

“I won’t.” He whispered before kissing her.

TBC

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 1-11-07 Chapter 22* (NC-17)

This was a beautiful update! Good for Lois for helping Chloe to adnit her true feelings--that even though she's scared, she still loves Lex and wants to be in a relationship with him.

Good for Lex for waiting for Chloe to trust him again, and I'm proud of him for rushing right over to Chloe's to explain himself to her.

Wonderful work!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information