+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 12-2-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

Why am I not surprised that Lex also sent invites to Lois, and the fact that Lois made sure Chloe went just goes along with the fact that she thinks Lex and Chloe belong together.

I'll admit six glasses of Champagne is a lot to drink but I can't help but wonder if the Champagne was the ony reason Chloe had those warm fuzzy feelings.

I'm glad she stopped, it wouldn't have been right if she'd gone all the way through it. She's still not incredibly comfortable with Lex. He still hasn't done enough to prove that he won't make the same mistakes again.

Was Lex sober? We got no word on whether or not he was drinking. We have no idea what he was thinking beyond the fact that he was probably desperate to be with Chloe again. It could very well be that his mind was also in war with itself about whether or not he was doing the right thing. Chloe was just the one who realized it first. And now he realizes what an incredible mistake he made so he's trying to get her to speak to him again so he can explain himself and apologize. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I love that he sent so many flowers that they know the delivery guy by name and vice versa. I say that because I think it's funny. In all honesty I'm not the type to like the mass delivery of flowers. I'm much more happier with the personal delivery of one flower. But I think in this case, Lex is well aware that Chloe wouldn't agree to see him even if he showed up at her doorstep again. He needs to annoy her with the mass amount of flowers so she or in this case Lois will make her read the card. And they have to meet in a neutral evironment so Chloe won't feel so uncomfortable being with him. He has to recognize that an uncomfortable Chloe is not going to help. Neutral ground is best if they are going to at least try to fix their friendship. I also like that Chloe doesn't have the cliche love of red roses. It just wouldn't have felt right if he sent her red roses. They don't go with the sentiment he's trying to make.

I have to wonder if that's been the same message on the card everyday. And if Lex has been showing up to the sushi restaurant everyday just to see if she'd show. That would show some real commitment and would be incredibly sweet, but if Lex has got security on her then he would probably know not to show. Still I think it would be great if he did do that.

He only smiled, tightening his hold on her. “It was your best article. Two whole pages. Congratulations.”

Chloe smirked. “I wouldn’t have gotten those two pages if I wasn’t granted full access. Just so you know I didn’t write such a praising article because you’re you.”

“Good. And just so you know I only granted you full access so I could get a good story.”
    SE, I'm not exactly sure what you thought of this quote, but I see it as Chloe saying that Lex did a wonderful job with the project and she's not letting their relationship be a factor on her writing. Lex is saying that he didn't ask her to do it because he wants something more or wants her to forgive him for what happened. He's telling her that he values her writing above all else. I believe he's saying that Chloe would be the only person who could do the story well. At least that's what I think. Two people giving compliments in an unorthodox way which seems to work for them.

Owh my...I just read the entire thing and I must say; that is the best smut and the most inlove couple I've ever raid about.

Please update soon

Cool Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 12-2-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

great update and can't wait until

I hope Chloe realizes that she's stuck because she really wants to forgive Lex and be with him again. Also I'm hoping that Lex has some more tricks like the one with sending the invitation to Lois so she would push Chloe to go to the party. And talking about Lois I just loe the way you have portraited her. More please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

All right a great chapter and much longer thus I approve. I have to say Lex did go about things the wrong way. I'm sure the rest of sexual encounter would have been pleasing but when the orgasm settle their problems would still be there.

“Firstly, you’re just an intern, and secondly I don’t think you’d want your first story to be about how CEO Donnelly likes to engage in sexual acts with a cow while an alien records it.”

“Whatever.” Lois said. “And it was a sheep not a cow.” She turned to go.
    HA! Lois writing about cow and alien. Her entire behavior at the party was so over the top. I was waiting for some one to ask her to leave.

He was doing that thing with his voice again, and she wished he would just stop talking. She knew he was right. “I’ll be fine.” She murmured. She turned and left him sitting there on the bed, shirt open, too afraid to glance in his direction.
    WOW that was rather harsh to leave him next to naked after he got her off but I approve. It should have never gone that far. Poor Lex. I wonder what he had to resort to when she left. I assume his five friends helped him along but then his poor little heart had to be broken that she didn't stay.

“There’s a shock.” She stood up and snatched the card off of the freshly delivered flowers. “You can do one of two things. You can not take a risk--” Lois trailed off and handed Chloe the card. “Or you could take it.” She stood up with a small smile and left.
    Thank you Lois. I rather have a proactive Chloe then one sitting around going oh poor me.

She fingered the card before placing it onto her coffee table and standing up. “Looks like I’m having sushi tomorrow.”
    I hope they can do some real talking here thus touching will come later and not be a problem.

Great update. I look forward to what Lex has to say about wanting her back.

Flowers every single day- now that is something I would love......
    Just a fantasy catching up with me sorry. But thank God Chloe finally goes out with the guy...

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    I'll admit six glasses of Champagne is a lot to drink but I can't help but wonder if the Champagne was the ony reason Chloe had those warm fuzzy feelings.

I'm glad she stopped, it wouldn't have been right if she'd gone all the way through it. She's still not incredibly comfortable with Lex. He still hasn't done enough to prove that he won't make the same mistakes again.

Was Lex sober? We got no word on whether or not he was drinking. We have no idea what he was thinking beyond the fact that he was probably desperate to be with Chloe again. It could very well be that his mind was also in war with itself about whether or not he was doing the right thing. Chloe was just the one who realized it first. And now he realizes what an incredible mistake he made so he's trying to get her to speak to him again so he can explain himself and apologize. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Hey WWW, I agree with everything you said here.

There were definitely some feelings of fondness and affection motivating Chloe alongside her lust and the fuzziness caused by the champagne. But those warm nostalgic feelings are only to be expected between when two ex-relationship people meet up. And the existence of such warm feeling and fond memories doesn't detract from the fact that Chloe is just not ready to trust Lex enough to get into a relationship with him.

And in her proper state of mind (sans alcohol), she would have NEVER tried to lead him on the way that she did. I'm glad she was able to sober up and STOP before things got too far out of hand. Things are a little more awkward and difficult between them, but imagine how much worse it would have been if they had actually had sex and a horrible regretful morning after.

I have to wonder if that's been the same message on the card everyday. And if Lex has been showing up to the sushi restaurant everyday just to see if she'd show. That would show some real commitment and would be incredibly sweet, but if Lex has got security on her then he would probably know not to show. Still I think it would be great if he did do that.
    ROFLOL at WWW's idea here. I have to admit it's an intriguing possibility, and I do wonder whether Lex HAD been waiting day after day at the restaurant waiting for Chloe to show. It's also possible that he had people spying/stalking Chloe to check whether she's going to show or not, but in THAT scenario, I hope Chloe gives him a firm talking to about respecting her privacy and space and NOT surrounding her with guards and spies.

SE, I'm not exactly sure what you thought of this quote, but I see it as Chloe saying that Lex did a wonderful job with the project and she's not letting their relationship be a factor on her writing. Lex is saying that he didn't ask her to do it because he wants something more or wants her to forgive him for what happened. He's telling her that he values her writing above all else. I believe he's saying that Chloe would be the only person who could do the story well. At least that's what I think. Two people giving compliments in an unorthodox way which seems to work for them.
    I got a completely different tone from the sentence, but I get your perspective, and I can see how the sentence would have worked if I had turned it over in my head a different way. Thanks for the clarification WWW

Kimbo, please update soon. I really want to see how Lex and Chloe manage when they start pursuing this 'friends only' business in earnest. Lex seems properly contrite about the way he tried to shamelessly seduce her, and he might actually start behaving himself. AND Chloe has acknowledged how much she misses him, so perhaps she'll be ready to start placing her trust in him again.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, please update soon.

hi there,
    I was just in the neighborhood, and I decided to drop in and see how this thread is faring. How goes the next chapter, Kimbo? I reaaaally want to know how the new 'let's seriously be friends' aspect of the Chlex relationship is going to pan out. And I love sushi... all my favourite things coming together in one update... please write quickly... please post soon... like tonight?

I was in the neighbourhood again?

You're not going to believe that again, are you? FINE! I've been stalking this thread! And unless you get the restraining order, Im going to continue to stalk this thread until it finally gives in and bestows on me the same intensity of obsession and affection that I bestow on it.

Or I'll settle for an update...?

please post the next chapter soon!

It seems like those stalker style, obsessive love letters to the thread have not been working. Am I going to have to go 'one-up' on the stalker offerings, and start trying to get the thread's attentions and affections through ritual sacrifice?

It might work... For my first offering, I present.... THIS dead chick!

ok, it's not technically a chick... more like a potential chick.

with onions and tomatoes.

I've been told I make the best omelette in the world...?

I think this is worth a chapter update. please post soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information