+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-22-06 Chapter 20* (NC-17)

Lex is such a fool. What did he think would happen when he tossed Chloe away like trash. She has to be strong sooner or later. I can't believe he just wants to jump back in. Him talking with the cat was rather gut wrenching. People should never get a pet together that plan to break up, its like having a child and you never want to be detached from your child.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo
    “Its too late.” She murmured quietly. Just too late. She stood up and stepped away from him, shaking her head. “I tried putting everything into what we had Lex, and you threw it away.”

“I know that,” He said just as quietly. “I’m trying to fix this Chloe. I want us to work things out. I want things to go back to the way they were.”

She shook her head. “It isn’t that easy Lex. I’m not even sure if I feel the same way anymore.” The words slid out of her mouth before she could stop them. She couldn’t help but feel extreme guilt at the pain that flashed across his face.
    This made me feel so good and so bad all at the same time. I'm Chloe not just jumping right back in like everything is okay then sad that Lex has been so sad lately and just wants her back. There is going to be some courting to be done and lost of waiting.

Why was this update so short? I look forward to the next and longer update.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-22-06 Chapter 20* (NC-17)

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    This made me feel so good and so bad all at the same time. I'm Chloe not just jumping right back in like everything is okay then sad that Lex has been so sad lately and just wants her back. There is going to be some courting to be done and lost of waiting.

Why was this update so short? I look forward to the next and longer update.
    I'd like to chime in with a hearty 'I agree' to the wanting another couple of updates filled with rebuilding of the friendship and eventually some sneaky wooing and courting. I wonder how long Lex is going to pretend to be satisfied with the 'friends only' status before he starts sneaking in some romance to win Chloe back.

This should be interesting. Please update soon, I need progress on this. Kimbo did mention that she was having some 'problems' with Chapter 21. Have those problems been settled and ironed out yet?

please write quickly, post soon.

Cool Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-22-06 Chapter 20* (NC-17)

Aw it's so sad, but really really good. I hope Lex and Chloe make it back to each other soon.

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 12-2-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

Chapter 21

Six Months Later

“Why did I agree to come here?”

Lois glanced sideways at her cousin with a small smile. “Because you wrote such an amazing article about this project that its only fair that you get some type of recognition for it.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “How is this recognition?”

Lois sighed shaking her head. “Chloe,” She started slowly. “Don’t you know parties like these always have those amazing crab cakes.” She grabbed one off of a tray of a passing waiter and popped it into her mouth. “Its’ the best type of recognition a girl can get.” She said, her mouth full of chewed crab cake.

Chloe just frowned.

“Stick around,” Lois said to the waiter as she reached for another cake. “I’ll be here all night.”

She and Lois were attending Luthorcorp’s celebration of the opening of LuthorMed’s first drug and disease research facility. She was admittedly proud of Lex. She knew how much LuthorMed meant to him. She also knew how hard he had worked on getting that project up and running. She was surprised when he called her two weeks before its opening to allow her to be the first reporter granted a tour of the facility for an article. She had been even more surprised at being granted full access with a camera no less. She had wrote the longest article, holding nothing back, praising Luthorcorp and Lex himself for his hard work. It was her best article yet. An exclusive. She had even gotten two full pages.

Two weeks later, she had received a personal invitation for two in the mail. She had tossed the invitation into the garbage, deciding to avoid and ignore rather than respond to it at all. She had thought she was in the clear. Apparently she was wrong when Lois waltz into her apartment swinging the same invitation for two in the air.

“Looks like we’re going to baldy’s party.” She had said with a bright smile.

Chloe wanted to punch her lights out. Of course she didn’t. Instead she had agreed because Lois can be very pushy and persuasive. Not to mention extremely annoying.

So, here she was now, trying to be as inconspicuous as she could. Which was pretty hard considering Lois was drawing all of the attention to the corner they were standing in. Chloe watched her cousin, who was surrounded by three waiters, each who held a different appetizers.

“These are all so good.” Lois gushed, taking a bite of one of the appetizers. She frowned and spit something back into a napkin. “Except that one.” She turned to face Chloe and rolled her eyes. “Geez Chloe could you lighten up a bit. You look as though you’re being tortured,” She reached for a glass of champagne. “Here drink this. It’ll loosen you up.”

“Okay,” Chloe said, taking the offered glass. “But-”

“I’m going off to hassle one of these big wigs. Maybe I can get an unscheduled interview.”

“No!” Chloe hissed, reaching for Lois’s arm. “You can’t leave me standing here alone.”

“Unhand me Chloe, you don’t have to stand here alone. You can come with.”

Chloe snorted. “Yeah, right, and watch you embarrass yourself?”

“I will not.” She huffed. “You know ever since I started working for The Inquisitor you’ve been bashing me.”

“Firstly, you’re just an intern, and secondly I don’t think you’d want your first story to be about how CEO Donnelly likes to engage in sexual acts with a cow while an alien records it.”

“Whatever.” Lois said. “And it was a sheep not a cow.” She turned to go.

“Lois wait!” Chloe hissed quietly, not wanting to draw any attention to herself. “Damnit!”

She stood there, drink in hand, watching as Lois walked further and further away from her. She had three options. Run off like a coward and hide out in the bathroom, Run off like a coward and ditch the party, but she knew she couldn’t that because Lois would never let her live it down, or she could stand there in the corner and get drunk.

She chose the ladder. She downed the drink she held and reached for another one, hoping against hope that she wouldn’t run into Lex. Her eyes did a slow scan of the ballroom, and she sighed in relief when she saw no sight of him.

“You don’t know how to have fun.”

Chloe glanced at Lois with an annoyed frown. “Excuse me?”

“Standing in the corner getting drunk at such a fine party,” Lois said. “Lame. Firstly only depressed alcoholics do that kind of thing, and I just have to tell you that you‘re giving them a run for their money.”

“ I think I should be offended. I am having fun,” Chloe said with a pout. “I just don’t want to draw any attention to myself.” She glared at her cousin. “What about you? I’m surprised they didn’t call security on you yet.”

“Please,” She said with a derisive snort. “They would do no such thing. Besides, you and I both know I have Lane charm.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Pushy and bitchy.”

Lois gaped at her. “At least I’m not boring.” She said in an aggrieved tone.

“Did you get any exclusives?” Chloe asked changing the subject.

Lois grinned. “Nope,” She said pulling out a bunch of napkins. “But I did get a few phone numbers. The Lane charm strikes again.”

“Hmm, I hope the Lane charm remembers she has a boyfriend.”

“How can I forget?” She grinned. “I just got these so I can tease Clark with it later. He gets so very angry.”

Chloe shook her head. “You’re twisted.”

Lois just shrugged. “The makeup sex is always the greatest.” She stuffed the napkins into her purse. “I’m off to eavesdrop.”

“Wait!” Chloe hissed once again. “Don’t leave me here alone.”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “You have your drinks to keep you company.” She patted her cousin’s shoulder. “Catch you later drunky.”

“Great,” Chloe muttered, taking a sip of her champagne. “Ditched and drunk.” Now all she has to do is manage to stay sober enough to get the hell out of dodge when Lex decides to make his appearance.

Lex still hadn’t showed himself. That wasn’t much a surprise for Chloe. She knew Lex hated these types of parties, and made it his business to show up anytime he pleased. That was just fine with Chloe. He was the main reason why she was hiding in the corner instead of socializing. She frowned. Or perhaps that was her fault what with deciding to hide like a coward. It wasn’t as though she was afraid to see him. She just didn’t want to see him. Simple as that.

She glanced around the room once again, a small smile coming to her face. She reached for another glass of champagne, maybe this wouldn’t be such a terrible night after all.

“Careful Chloe, That’s your sixth glass of Krug.”

She spoke too soon.

She slowly turned, hoping against hope she was hallucinating. Which of course she wasn’t.

He stood there, impeccably dressed in a tuxedo, his handsome composed face revealing nothing as he stood before her. He breathed arrogance.

She finished off the drink she held. “I can take care of myself.” She handed him the empty glass.

“Yes,” Lex said, placing the empty glass onto the table. “While I have no doubt you can’t do just that. I also have no doubt you’ll have a very bad headache by the end of the night.”

Chloe gave him an angry scowl. “I will not.” What was it with him turning her once very extended vocabulary into something so artless? “How did you know I drank six glasses anyway?”

Lex simply smiled at her.

She hated this. Hated the fact that he was only in her presence for a minute and was already making her feel strangely paranoid. Hated the fact that, deep down, she knew Lex had been watching her the whole time she had been here. Damn him and his creepy Luthor tendencies. “Lex,” She said, her voice sounding strangely choked. “What are you doing here?”

Lex gave her a half smile of amusement, his eyebrow raising. “This is my party.”

She rolled her eyes. “I am aware of that but-”

“Are you enjoying yourself Chloe?” He asked, cutting her off.

“Sure I am.” She lied, ignoring the urge to bolt. “Enjoying myself just fine.”

He nodded. “That’s good.” He murmured.

They both glanced over out at the crowd. Chloe couldn’t remember when things were so awkward between the two of them. It made her a little bit sad. She frowned when she noticed Lois stuffing her face with more of those crab cakes while talking animatedly to one of Metropolis’s socialites.

“Oh god.” She said under her breath. “Can she embarrass herself anymore than usual?”

“I think its possible.” Lex said in amusement. “She seems to be enjoying herself.”

“Yeah,” Chloe said with a small snort. “Lois would a party even if-”

“It was held in hell and the devil himself was the host?”

They both smiled at each other, and Chloe felt the tension raise off to the point where she felt she could breathe.

“I see you’ve invited old Mrs. Denshire.” She said, pointing her chin in the direction of the old woman standing across the room.

Lex scowled in the direction of the old woman. “I had no choice. Her husband gave me a healthy bid for Luthor Med.”

Chloe grinned. “Any luck in avoiding her pinching fingers?”

Lex shook his head, his hand absently rubbing his cheek. “No.”

Chloe giggled.

Lex’s frown turned into a small smile. “Its nice to hear you laugh again Chloe.”

Chloe’s giggling came to an abrupt halt. She felt small tingles in her stomach as those words touched her ears. Oh god, he was doing that earnest, soft, and sexy Lex look he so rarely did. Why oh why did he have to pick tonight to give her that look? Why was he even giving her that look? She had absolutely no idea on how to respond to that. What could she say? Thanks, but that was a little awkward you choosing to say that to me now?

She could feel the warning bells going off in her head. Telling her to bolt and bolt fast. “Uh-”

He tilted his head slightly to the side, his hand reaching for her own. “Can I have one dance Chloe?”

Her mind screamed No, but once again her brain chose that moment not to be connected to it. Before she knew what was happening, her hand was in his and her feet were slowly following him onto the dance floor. His hands were around her waist, and her arms were around his neck, her head resting strangely close against his chest.

She cursed the fact that the champagne decided to suddenly sneak up on her. Her insides suddenly felt strange and fuzzy. She felt lightheaded in a good way. She felt the tension slowly drain out of her, her now lax frame swaying slowly to the music with him.

She didn’t know how long they were dancing, but she really didn’t care. He smelled so good, and It has been so long since she felt these familiar arms around her. She knew this wasn’t the way it was suppose to be. She knew she shouldn’t even be around him, but if she could just half this one dance….

“How have you been Chloe?”

It took her a moment to realize that he was talking, and she raised her head, momentarily tensing at how close his face was to hers. “I’ve been okay,” she answered softly. “You?”

He smiled slightly. “Can’t complain. Thank you for showing up here tonight.”

She bit her lip, feeling slight guilt at throwing his invitation away.

“I kind of knew you’d throw away that invitation,” He continued, seemingly reading his mind. “That’s why I sent Lois one too.”

She gaped at him. Of all the sneaky things- “That’s-”

“It was the only way you’d come.” He explained with a shrug. “I wanted to thank you face to face for writing that article Chloe.”

“Oh,” She said, now slightly miffed. “It was still sneaky and you’re welcome.”

He only smiled, tightening his hold on her. “It was your best article. Two whole pages. Congratulations.”

Chloe smirked. “I wouldn’t have gotten those two pages if I wasn’t granted full access. Just so you know I didn’t write such a praising article because you’re you.”

“Good. And just so you know I only granted you full access so I could get a good story.”

She nodded. “Good.” She cleared her throat, and pressed her head back against his chest, not wanting to see his reaction to her next words. “I hope you know I really am proud of you Lex. I know how hard you worked on this project to get it done.”

He was silent for a long moment then she felt his hand tighten on her waist before a quet “Thank you.” was heard.

They continued to slowly sway to the music, and she shivered when she felt his fingers caress her bare back. This was all too much for her. The caresses, the closeness, his scent. All too much.

“You look beautiful tonight Chloe.”

Her hands tightened her hold on his shoulders as the sot yet deep words were murmured into her ear. She had to say something, but her tongue felt suddenly clumsy and her mouth incredibly dry. “I-you smell nice.”

She didn’t have to look at him to see the amusement on his face. “Thank you.” His fingers made its way lower. “Chloe?”

“Hmm?”

“Come home with me tonight?”

She should say no. She has to. The word was on the tip of her tongue. But she realized a few things: his hands were caressing dangerously close to her butt he smelled so good. She hadn’t been with anyone for more than eight months, and she was incredibly horny.

“Okay.”

Since exiting the party and entering the limo, all she could think about was how wrong her decision was. How stupid she was to say yes. How dumb of it was of her to drink so much champagne. How awkward this whole situation was for her. More importantly, how pissed Lois was going to be at her for ditching her.

But now, as she lied in the middle of his bed, his head buried between her open thighs, all of that seemed so very irrelevant.

She missed this. Missed the way his tongue felt against her clit as he slowly stroked it up and down. Missed the way he would lick, suck and bite her in all of the right places. He licked her hard then soft. Fast, then slow, and her eyes widened before shutting tightly as her body shuddered and twisted in his hands.

“Lexx..” She inhaled sharply, her hands tightening on the fistful of sheets underneath her as he began to suck hard at her clit. “What are you--” She trailed off and moaned loudly as his tongue worked her over, drawing out moisture that had no end. She knew she should feel embarrassed, but she didn’t. Its been too long, and Lex seemed to have no problem lapping it up with loud hungry moans.

She could feel herself come apart when he slowly slipped his tongue inside of her, then out and back again in fast jabbing motions.

“Ohhh--” She gave a low groan, and reached for his head, forcing his mouth harder on her pulsing cunt. She raised her hips, fucking his mouth before her body stiffened all over, and she came with a low shout. Her hips jerked forward as small spasms wracked her entire body from head to toe.

She laid there staring at the ceiling as his tongue continued to lap up her wetness. She laid there staring at the ceiling, her body lax and spent, her mind suddenly very clear and sober.

This was a mistake.

Her body suddenly stiffened when she felt him gently kiss each thigh. “Stop.” She whispered hoarsely.

Lex tensed and slowly looked up at her. A concerned expression his face. “Chloe?”

Chloe bit her lip. “Stop it.” She repeated. She gently pushed him away from her and sat up, fixing her dress by pulling it back down her thighs. “This was wrong.”

“Okay.” He murmured and she could hear the flatness in his tone. It her heart ache in a strange way. “I--Okay.”

“I have to go.” She said quickly standing. She reached for her shoes.

“It’s the middle of the night.” He pointed out.

“I’ll call a cab.” She said, avoiding eye contact with him. She knew what expression she would see on his face. No expression at all. She couldn’t deal with it. She couldn’t deal with him.

“Why don’t you let me call my driver to take you--”

“No.” She cut in quickly. She bent to pick up her purse and underwear at the same time. She quickly stuffed her underwear into her purse. Her hands were shaking. She had to get to get the fuck out of there.

“It’s the middle of the night. It isn’t safe.”

He was doing that thing with his voice again, and she wished he would just stop talking. She knew he was right. “I’ll be fine.” She murmured. She turned and left him sitting there on the bed, shirt open, too afraid to glance in his direction.

“Where were you?”

Chloe nearly jumped out of her skin as she closed the door to her apartment. “Jesus Lois!”

Lois clicked the lamp next to the couch on. “Where were you?” She asked.

Chloe glanced at her cousin. She took in the pursed lips. The small scowl between her eyebrows and she just knew she was in trouble. She stalled before answering. Taking the time to kick off her shoes and place her purse on the table next to the door. “I was a--”

“And before you lie. Let me just tell you that you have a large hickey on your neck.”

Chloe’s hand fell over the left side of her neck and she blushed. “That-”

“And secondly, before you lie to me again, let me just tell you that I saw you dancing with Lex.”

Chloe looked guiltily at her cousin. “Oh. But Lois-”

Lois held up her hand with a small smirk. “The next time you go off and ditch me to have sex with you ex-boyfriend, let me know.” She patted Chloe’s shoulder before turning and walking down the hall. “I call dibs on the right side of the bed. Goodnight!”

Chloe frowned when her bedroom door slammed closed. She walked towards her couch and slowly sat down. She didn’t have sex with Lex. No. Instead she’d let him go down on her, realized her mistake and ran out of his apartment like a scared bird.

What was wrong with her? Why did she break her rule? Why did she agree to leaving with him?

She was a ball of confusion. She ignored the small voice in the back of her mind telling her the real reason why she did those things.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest. This has been one of the worse nights ever.

She glanced back down the hall toward her bedroom door with a deep frown. “The right side is my side.”

There was a vase of tiger lilies on her desk at work Monday morning.

The next day there was a bouquet of Lilacs.

The next day were right roses, and when she went home there were more white roses lined outside of her door.

She ignored the cards. Ignored Lois’s reading of the cards from the flowers that were delivered to her apartment. Ignored the gossipers in the office who said something every morning she walked into work. She didn’t have to read the card to know who the flowers were from. Only Lex knew what her three favorite flowers were.

It might’ve been cruel to not read the card, but she couldn’t.

Her heart wouldn’t be able to take it.

“Clark is dragging me to see the new Warrior Angel movie. Wanna tag along?”

Chloe glanced up from the television. She shook her head and popped a handful of popcorn into her mouth. “Naa, I think I’m gonna hang out at home. Catch up on some work.”

Lois frowned. “Hmm,” Was all she said. She turned when there was a knock on the door. She opened it, unsurprised to see the delivery man standing there with another bouquet of Tiger Lilies. “Just put it right there Jim.” She directed, pointing to the only available spot on Chloe’s dinner table.

“See Ya Chloe. Lois.” Jim said and both girls waved at him.

“More flowers.” Lois said, kicking the door closed.

Chloe popped more popcorn into her mouth. “Yup.”

“From Lex.” Lois commented.

Chloe chewed slowly. “Mmhmm.”

Lois glanced around the apartment with a small frown. “Its turning into a small Safari Rain forest in here Chlo.”

Chloe smiled slightly. “I know.”

“You gonna read the card this time?” Lois asked.

Chloe shook her head.

Lois shook her head. “My god,” She said softly. “You’re in a more pathetic state than I thought.”

Chloe’s head snapped up in Lois’s direction. “What?”

“You.” Lois said pointing. “Are just--pathetic!”

Chloe gaped at her cousin. “I’m not--”

“You are. Look at you. You barely go out anymore. You barely have fun anymore. All you do is stay in your apartment or bury yourself in your work.”

Chloe frowned. “I go out.”

“Oh yeah?” Lois asked. “Well when is the last time you went out with Clark and I? When the last time you went out on a date? And Lex for--”

“What about Lex?” Chloe asked slamming the bowl of popcorn down. “What the hell does this have to do with him anyway?”

Lois let out a slow breath. “Look Chloe, I was all in support of the Yay hate Lex club for the past eight and a half months. I was all in support of you moving on with your life,” She sighed and shook her head. “But I didn’t know it’d make you this miserable.”

Chloe shook her head confused. “I’m not--”

“You are.” Lois said. “I know you’ll never move on because I know you already love Lex. I also know he’s probably the only man that can make you happy.”

“He hurt me.” She cut in quietly.

Lois nodded. “Well, he’s retarded he’s going to do that sometimes. And as much as I hate to admit it, I’m pretty sure he loves you.”

Chloe shook her head. “I can’t go through that again.”

Lois smiled sadly. “You still are. You use to be so happy all the time Chloe. You use to smile so much and things were okay. You have to stop punishing yourself.”

“I don’t know what to do.” Chloe admitted and Lois snorted.

“There’s a shock.” She stood up and snatched the card off of the freshly delivered flowers. “You can do one of two things. You can not take a risk--” Lois trailed off and handed Chloe the card. “Or you could take it.” She stood up with a small smile and left.

Chloe stared down at the card in her hand, her mind turning. She slowly flipped the card over and read a small sad smile coming onto her face.

Meet Me for lunch tomorrow afternoon? The Sushi bar down on Main.
    LL
    P.S As friends only… no touching I promise.

She fingered the card before placing it onto her coffee table and standing up. “Looks like I’m having sushi tomorrow.”

TBC

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Two weeks later, she had received a personal invitation for two in the mail. She had tossed the invitation into the garbage, deciding to avoid and ignore rather than respond to it at all. She had thought she was in the clear. Apparently she was wrong when Lois waltz into her apartment swinging the same invitation for two in the air.

“Looks like we’re going to baldy’s party.” She had said with a bright smile.

Chloe wanted to punch her lights out. Of course she didn’t. Instead she had agreed because Lois can be very pushy and persuasive. Not to mention extremely annoying.

So, here she was now, trying to be as inconspicuous as she could. Which was pretty hard considering Lois was drawing all of the attention to the corner they were standing in. Chloe watched her cousin, who was surrounded by three waiters, each who held a different appetizers.
    I'm so glad you updated again. I was really missing this fic. Although... this chapter gave the impression that Lex and Chloe didn't have ANY friendly interaction for SIX MONTHS??!! What happened to Lex and Chloe's agreement to try and be friends? Has Chloe been avoiding him for half a year since then? Is this the first time they're meeting in any kind of non-professional capacity?

Anyhow, Lois was a lot of fun to watch in her crude, crass and thinly veiled violent element glory. It was really funny watching Chloe trying to hold her back from embarrassing the both of them... Only problem was that Lois lacked the tact and social graces to be embarrassed by acting the way she was acting.

Poor Chloe. Stuck in a hostile environment... with a decidedly unsympathetic Lois Lane as company.

“Firstly, you’re just an intern, and secondly I don’t think you’d want your first story to be about how CEO Donnelly likes to engage in sexual acts with a cow while an alien records it.”

“Whatever.” Lois said. “And it was a sheep not a cow.” She turned to go.
    LOL!

Lois grinned. “Nope,” She said pulling out a bunch of napkins. “But I did get a few phone numbers. The Lane charm strikes again.”

“Hmm, I hope the Lane charm remembers she has a boyfriend.”

“How can I forget?” She grinned. “I just got these so I can tease Clark with it later. He gets so very angry.”

Chloe shook her head. “You’re twisted.”

Lois just shrugged. “The makeup sex is always the greatest.” She stuffed the napkins into her purse. “I’m off to eavesdrop.”
    More LOL at the Lois banter. Although, Chloe seems to be a little out of it to be capable of bantering back with her usual standard of snark. Getting drunk at a party being hosted by your ex? riiight! Chloe has really lost her mind and common sense here!

Lex still hadn’t showed himself. That wasn’t much a surprise for Chloe. She knew Lex hated these types of parties, and made it his business to show up anytime he pleased. That was just fine with Chloe. He was the main reason why she was hiding in the corner instead of socializing. She frowned. Or perhaps that was her fault what with deciding to hide like a coward. It wasn’t as though she was afraid to see him. She just didn’t want to see him. Simple as that.
    I still don't get it. Has this been Chloe's attitude for SIX months now?! After she assured Lex that she would like to make the effort into rekindling a friendship, she just avoids him... ignores his calls and any and all overtures he has been making to her? No wonder he got desperate enough to 'trick' Chloe into coming here by sending Lois a duplicate invitation card.

But it doesn't seem like a very 'Chloe thing' to do. Once she told Lex that she would have liked to have tried rebuilding the friendship, Chloe would have made an effort to make sure she held up to their 'deal'. Otherwise she would have just told Lex that friendship was impossible and asked him to never contact her again.

I hate to say it, but this sending of mixed signals and messages is NOT the direct Sullivan approach. In fact it reminds me more of the kind of thing a certain annoying brunette would have done.

(stop glaring at me! What are you people doing surrounding me with those stones?! OUCH! owie!)

“Careful Chloe, That’s your sixth glass of Krug.”
    Chloe gave him an angry scowl. “I will not.” What was it with him turning her once very extended vocabulary into something so artless? “How did you know I drank six glasses anyway?”

Lex simply smiled at her.

She hated this. Hated the fact that he was only in her presence for a minute and was already making her feel strangely paranoid. Hated the fact that, deep down, she knew Lex had been watching her the whole time she had been here. Damn him and his creepy Luthor tendencies. “Lex,” She said, her voice sounding strangely choked. “What are you doing here?”
    I suppose after Lex made his appearance, I could understand Chloe's skittish, nervous and cowardly behaviour. I have to say Lex acted DESPICABLY in this chapter. He waited and loomed in the shadowy background until Chloe got too drunk for her to maintain proper judgment, and then he swooped in with every seductive look, gesture and action that he had in his repertoire of well-practiced moves.

I'm continuing with my theory that this is their first 'casual' meeting in six months (and how did that happen anyway?). This is the way he behaved AFTER he knew Chloe wasn't ready to jump into a relationship with him? After she told him that she only wanted to be friends? THIS is how he starts the friendship deal?!

“I see you’ve invited old Mrs. Denshire.” She said, pointing her chin in the direction of the old woman standing across the room.

Lex scowled in the direction of the old woman. “I had no choice. Her husband gave me a healthy bid for Luthor Med.”

Chloe grinned. “Any luck in avoiding her pinching fingers?”

Lex shook his head, his hand absently rubbing his cheek. “No.”
    I wanted to laugh at this too. At first their meeting seemed to be going so well. They were being casual and friendly and doing VERY well in rebuilding the 'friendship status' that they had agreed to. The banter was really sweet and natural.

Lex’s frown turned into a small smile. “Its nice to hear you laugh again Chloe.”

Chloe’s giggling came to an abrupt halt. She felt small tingles in her stomach as those words touched her ears. Oh god, he was doing that earnest, soft, and sexy Lex look he so rarely did. Why oh why did he have to pick tonight to give her that look? Why was he even giving her that look? She had absolutely no idea on how to respond to that. What could she say? Thanks, but that was a little awkward you choosing to say that to me now?
    And THEN Lex starts in with his moves. On a half-drunk Chloe no less. How DARE he do such a thing?! It's inexcusable! He took advantage of his ex while her judgment was lax and impaired, and he really should have been a better person than that!

She could feel the warning bells going off in her head. Telling her to bolt and bolt fast. “Uh-”

He tilted his head slightly to the side, his hand reaching for her own. “Can I have one dance Chloe?”

Her mind screamed No, but once again her brain chose that moment not to be connected to it. Before she knew what was happening, her hand was in his and her feet were slowly following him onto the dance floor. His hands were around her waist, and her arms were around his neck, her head resting strangely close against his chest.
    That bastard! He KNOWS how irresistible he can be, but that's not stopping him from carrying out actions that he knows Chloe might end up regretting in the sober cold morning again.

I can see why Chloe has been avoiding him. But if she didn't trust him to stick to their friends-only agreement, why did she agree to try for it? hmmm perhaps because she thought she would be sober enough to put an end to any moves he might put on her during their meetings?

“I kind of knew you’d throw away that invitation,” He continued, seemingly reading his mind. “That’s why I sent Lois one too.”

She gaped at him. Of all the sneaky things- “That’s-”

“It was the only way you’d come.” He explained with a shrug. “I wanted to thank you face to face for writing that article Chloe.”
    It's always fun to see Lex doing his omnipotent strategist thing. I always loved watching brilliant manipulator Lex showing off his talents. BUT his ambiguous morality always stopped him short from taking advantage of people who were incapable of defending themselves properly. This includes drunken ex-girlfriends that he happens to be in love with!
    He only smiled, tightening his hold on her. “It was your best article. Two whole pages. Congratulations.”

Chloe smirked. “I wouldn’t have gotten those two pages if I wasn’t granted full access. Just so you know I didn’t write such a praising article because you’re you.”

“Good. And just so you know I only granted you full access so I could get a good story.”
    erm... I think there must have been a typo in this sentence here. What I feel was meant to convey sincerity and sweetness sounded like a sardonic comment. Did you mean to say 'And just so you know I didn't grant you full access just so I could get a good story.'?

But if I'm reading it right, I'm getting a very sweet moment between the two of them. And it would have been the perfect start to a lovely a trust-filled friendship if only Lex had managed to control his damned cock!
    “You look beautiful tonight Chloe.”

Her hands tightened her hold on his shoulders as the sot yet deep words were murmured into her ear. She had to say something, but her tongue felt suddenly clumsy and her mouth incredibly dry. “I-you smell nice.”

She didn’t have to look at him to see the amusement on his face. “Thank you.” His fingers made its way lower. “Chloe?”

“Hmm?”

“Come home with me tonight?”
    BASTARD! It's obvious that Chloe judgment is impaired by the alcohol. If he hadn't been watching her down six glasses of champagne, then that inane 'you smell nice' comment would have provided a warning for anyone.

But now, as she lied in the middle of his bed, his head buried between her open thighs, all of that seemed so very irrelevant.

She missed this. Missed the way his tongue felt against her clit as he slowly stroked it up and down. Missed the way he would lick, suck and bite her in all of the right places. He licked her hard then soft. Fast, then slow, and her eyes widened before shutting tightly as her body shuddered and twisted in his hands.

“Lexx..” She inhaled sharply, her hands tightening on the fistful of sheets underneath her as he began to suck hard at her clit. “What are you--” She trailed off and moaned loudly as his tongue worked her over, drawing out moisture that had no end. She knew she should feel embarrassed, but she didn’t. Its been too long, and Lex seemed to have no problem lapping it up with loud hungry moans.
    WOW! I might be pissed off at Lex for the way he picked up Chloe, but the smut is AMAZING. Even if Lex is taking advantage of Chloe's drunken state and lax judgment, it's fantastic to see that he's making an effort to make sure she enjoys herself thoroughly. The bastard is probably already making plans on how to deal with the sober 'morning after', and he's making sure she won't have any chance to complain in THIS part of the evening activities.

She could feel herself come apart when he slowly slipped his tongue inside of her, then out and back again in fast jabbing motions.

“Ohhh--” She gave a low groan, and reached for his head, forcing his mouth harder on her pulsing cunt. She raised her hips, fucking his mouth before her body stiffened all over, and she came with a low shout. Her hips jerked forward as small spasms wracked her entire body from head to toe.
    Wow! Sincerely hot! I needed to take a break for a moment.

She laid there staring at the ceiling as his tongue continued to lap up her wetness. She laid there staring at the ceiling, her body lax and spent, her mind suddenly very clear and sober.

This was a mistake.

Her body suddenly stiffened when she felt him gently kiss each thigh. “Stop.” She whispered hoarsely.

Lex tensed and slowly looked up at her. A concerned expression his face. “Chloe?”

Chloe bit her lip. “Stop it.” She repeated. She gently pushed him away from her and sat up, fixing her dress by pulling it back down her thighs. “This was wrong.”
    I was SO glad that Kimbo stopped Chloe from indulging in what would have been a TERRIBLE mistake. I'm quite sure that Chloe would have woken up the next morning filled with turmoil, regrets and guilt over the night before.

As it was, she was ALREADY filled with confusion and guilt, but at least she managed to get out before things went too far out of hand.

“Why don’t you let me call my driver to take you--”

“No.” She cut in quickly. She bent to pick up her purse and underwear at the same time. She quickly stuffed her underwear into her purse. Her hands were shaking. She had to get to get the fuck out of there.

“It’s the middle of the night. It isn’t safe.”

He was doing that thing with his voice again, and she wished he would just stop talking. She knew he was right. “I’ll be fine.” She murmured. She turned and left him sitting there on the bed, shirt open, too afraid to glance in his direction.
    It's obvious that Lex's feeling were hurt here. He might have been acting like a manipulative, underhanded bastard... but perhaps he didn't realize what a bastard he was being until Chloe pulled away from him.

Perhaps he's going to get the idea that building up trust entails more than just having a few fantastic orgasms. NOW he might actually try to give the 'being friends only' agreement a sincere chance before rushing off in the direction of his impulses (and cock).

Chloe frowned when her bedroom door slammed closed. She walked towards her couch and slowly sat down. She didn’t have sex with Lex. No. Instead she’d let him go down on her, realized her mistake and ran out of his apartment like a scared bird.

What was wrong with her? Why did she break her rule? Why did she agree to leaving with him?
    You DO remember downing six glasses of champagne, right?

Poor girl is so confused, and feeling so guilty. In fact, she has nothing to feel guilty about, because this evening was verging on the edge of 'date rape'. STOP scowling at me! I'm serious! Lex was cold sober, and he could see how the champagne was affecting Chloe, making her more relaxed and hornier than usual. And he immediately started in with his irresistible moves on her, when he probably KNEW that, although she wasn't ready to trust him enough to get into a relationship with him, she probably still had lingering feeling for him.

He used Chloe's impaired state to influence her to do things that she wouldn't normally do in her correct, sober and balanced state of mind. It might have been different if HE had the excuse of being impaired by alcohol too, but I'm getting the impression he wasn't anywhere near drunk enough for that excuse to work.

This constitutes date rape, and I'm furious at Lex for what almost happened.

There was a vase of tiger lilies on her desk at work Monday morning.

The next day there was a bouquet of Lilacs.

The next day were right roses, and when she went home there were more white roses lined outside of her door.

She ignored the cards. Ignored Lois’s reading of the cards from the flowers that were delivered to her apartment. Ignored the gossipers in the office who said something every morning she walked into work. She didn’t have to read the card to know who the flowers were from. Only Lex knew what her three favorite flowers were.
    Despite how despicably Lex might have acted, it seemed like he was genuinely sorry for what happened. And it was nice of him to try and make up for it through the peace gesture of non-threatening and non-pressuring flowers.

Although, it's debatable how 'non-pressure' 20 bouquets of flowers can be. I guess I'm still really angry at him.

“You are.” Lois said. “I know you’ll never move on because I know you already love Lex. I also know he’s probably the only man that can make you happy.”

“He hurt me.” She cut in quietly.

Lois nodded. “Well, he’s retarded he’s going to do that sometimes. And as much as I hate to admit it, I’m pretty sure he loves you.”

Chloe shook her head. “I can’t go through that again.”

Lois smiled sadly. “You still are. You use to be so happy all the time Chloe. You use to smile so much and things were okay. You have to stop punishing yourself.”
    Lex might be a difficult man to be friends with... Especially when it's obvious that he wants something more. But I do agree with Lois that Chloe should stop hiding from him. Sullivan's don't back down from confrontation. Either tell him directly to stop trying to seduce her and just act like a friend would, or tell him that their try for friendship isn't working and they should cease all contact. OR tell him that you want to be in a relationship, but it will have to be slow.

Meet Me for lunch tomorrow afternoon? The Sushi bar down on Main.
    LL
    P.S As friends only… no touching I promise.

She fingered the card before placing it onto her coffee table and standing up. “Looks like I’m having sushi tomorrow.”
    This ending sounded promising. It seems like Lex has gotten the idea that seducing the pants off Chloe is NOT the right way to go (either strategically or morally). And Chloe is ready to drop her cowardly act, and get ready for confrontation again.

Next chapter should be interesting. I wonder if Lex realizes how horribly and despicably he behaved. I wonder if he's going to bring it up and try to apologize, or whether he's going to do his usual 'Luthor thing' of showing his apology more through actions and grand gestures rather than words.

This was one VERY interesting and controversial chapter. Please update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Great update!!!!! Glad Lois got Chloe to realize she loves Lex. Can't wait for more.

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

great chapter

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Excellent update!

I know I say this all the time, but I love your version of Lois--she obviously loces Chloe and wants what is best for her. I wish this relationship was actually on Smallville--it would make Lois a more sympathetic character.

And I'm very proud of Chloe for deciding to take a chance on a relationship with Lex again, but he has to earn it. He has to win her trust back, and not just through romantic gestures.

I can't wait to see how their lunch "no touching" date goes
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 12-2-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

That chapter was soooo good!!!! I can't wait for their date. Update soon.

'no touching' wonder how long that's gonna last. love this update. go lois for telling chloe that she's not likely going to find anyone else, that lex is IT for her. love this! full of wonderful moments. and lex all sneaky sending lois the invitation just because he knew what her reaction is going to be. absolutely adored this. update soon!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information