+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-5-06 Chapter 19* (NC-17)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Chapter 20 and 21 up tommorrow!
    **Sabrina turns cartwheels upon reading this post... Then scratches her head looking at the calender on her computer and comparing it to the date of the post**

erm... hasn't 'tomorrow' already come and gone... please update soon.

Kill Lana

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    **Sabrina turns cartwheels upon reading this post... Then scratches her head looking at the calender on her computer and comparing it to the date of the post**

erm... hasn't 'tomorrow' already come and gone... please update soon.
    Well technically not where i live lol butttt i've had a long day at work, and i'm tryinggggg! Soon. Very very soon

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Well technically not where i live lol butttt i've had a long day at work, and i'm tryinggggg! Soon. Very very soon
    heh... I guess I should have accounted for the fact that not everyone follows MY time in whichever part of the world I happen to be living in. People keep telling me that the world doesn't revolve around me, my needs and my schedule... But it never really sinks in

I'm going to sleep now. I'll look forward to the update tomorrow morning.
    g'nighty night

posted by Kimbo:
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    I'm going to sleep now. I'll look forward to the update tomorrow morning.
    g'nighty night
    *Sabrina taps the thread to get Kimbo's attention*
    It's no doubt that 'tomorrow' has come and gone no matter which part of the world one is living in.

Unless you're going to throw the old 'tomorrow is always a day beyond anyone's reach' argument at me, in which case I can only huff, puff and whimper in response.

please update soon.

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-22-06 Chapter 20* (NC-17)

Thanks for all of the feedback. I know it was evil of me to leave the story there, but I promise to make it up to you all. Kind of… This is for Something Easy, who takes the time to kick me in the ass to get writing!!! Well, here’s the next part. Enjoy!

Also, this part is very short because I was going to post 21 with it, but i don't like the way it looks and want to edit it. Due to the high demand of these chapters (SomethingEasy), i decided to just post chapter 20 first.

Chapter 20

Chloe silently stared at the man standing in front of her. Admittedly, seeing Lex two days in a row was somewhat of a shock to her system, and now standing here, watching him, she realized that for the first she was actually able to look at him without getting seriously depressed. This time, she realized, that all she felt was empty. No longer sad or angry just incredibly hollowed out and tired.

“What are you doing here?” She asked softly.

She ignored the way he seemed to visibly collect himself before speaking. “I need to speak with you--” He trailed off and glanced in the direction of Lois, who stood behind Chloe, her arms crossed in front of her chest. “Alone.” He finished pointedly.

Chloe slowly turned to look at her cousin with a small smile. “Lois can you--” She trailed off when Lois rolled her eyes.

“Fine,” She said. “I was just leaving.” She slid around Chloe and through the door, not passing up the chance to shoot Lex a glare from hell.

Lex ignored her and stepped inside the apartment, closing the door with a silent click.

They stared at one another, the silence stretching out between them at an almost unbearable level.

Chloe didn’t care. She was through talking. She only waited patiently, for him to say what he had to say. She only stared at him expectantly, her thoughts going back to how he looked the night before, how unbearable his expression had been. How cold he had seemed. It had kind of hurt that she couldn’t read him. But, now, standing in front of him, she could see a slight difference in his eyes. An openness that wasn’t there the night before. She had no idea how to feel about that.

He stepped toward her, pausing when he noticed she stepped back. He sighed again, the open expression on his face turning slightly pained. “How have you been?”

She just shrugged. “I’ve been okay. You?”

He mirrored her movements. “Not so good.”

‘Good.’ She thought to herself, but the slightly uncomfortable expression on his face made her hold her tongue. “I heard you’ve been in Europe for quite some time.”

He nodded, his expression on his face showing how awkward he felt. “I was, and now--” He trailed off with a sigh. “Chloe I want to--” He trailed off and glanced down at Virginia, who rubbed her body against his leg while purring. Glad for the distraction, he bent down and petted the Cat’s head. “She’s getting big.”

“Yeah,” Chloe said with a small smile. “She eats everything,” She explained. “Lois hates her thought. I think Virginia makes it her business to pee on Lois’s shoes every chance she gets.”

“That’s my girl.” He murmured softly. He rubbed her behind her ears.”

Chloe watched him a soft smile on her face. Her smile suddenly faded and she shook off the soft fuzzy feeling she felt blooming in her chest. “Lex,” She started firmly. “You wanted to talk?”

“Talk.” he said standing up. “Right.” He took a deep breath, and looked away from her for a moment. “Chloe-” He started, glancing back at her. “I’m--”He trailed off and shook his head. “I’m terrible at this.”

“What is it?” She asked, uncrossing her arms from in front of her chest.

“I always thought I was in control of my life. I was sure I knew what I wanted. I was sure I knew what I didn’t want,” He paused. “And then I met you.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “What’s that mean?”

“It means you’ve changed my life in more ways than I thought possible.”

“Lex-”

“One moment I’m alone, and the next thing I know you’ve insinuated yourself into my life.” He swallowed, his hands clenching and unclenching as he said his next words. “Into my heart.”

Chloe stiffened, feeling sudden panic. She wasn’t ready to hear this. She wasn’t ready for whatever it was he was going to say. “Lex-” She said quietly, her voice taking on a warning tone.

He continued on, stepping closer toward her as he spoke. “I hadn’t consciously realized how deeply I care for you until the night you were taken.”

Chloe shook her head, not wanting to think about that night. “Please-”

“When I realized how much you meant. How deeply you were inside of me..I-“ He frowned. “I panicked.”

Her eyes narrowed, but she stayed silent.

He had the grace to look shamefaced as he said his next words. “When I realized how much being with you changed me. When I realized how much influence you had in my life, I couldn’t let that happen.”

The words were like a slap to the face. As truthful as they were, it didn’t take the pain away one bit.

“Just the thought of loosing you was too much, when that night happened and you lived I knew I couldn’t feel the way I felt ever again.”

“Stop it!” She yelled, now suddenly angry. She knew all of this already. She’d figured it out so long ago, but she didn’t want to hear him say those hurtful words. Didn’t want to hear his excuses. Her eyes narrowed. His excuses that were too little too late.

Her outburst didn’t seem to surprise him because he simply stopped speaking, his once expressive face quickly closed down to reveal nothing.

She looked away from him to gather her thoughts. She once again realized how angry and tired she felt. “Why is it always all or nothing with you?”

Lex only shrugged. “Because it’s the way I am.”

“Well you suck.” She murmured, her arms crossing in front of her chest. It wasn’t the most articulate thing she’s ever said, but she couldn’t think straight. “Why are you telling me this now?” She asked. “What do you want from me?”

Lex stared at her before the truth slipped from her lips. “Just you.”

“Its too late.” She murmured quietly. Just too late. She stood up and stepped away from him, shaking her head. “I tried putting everything into what we had Lex, and you threw it away.”

“I know that,” He said just as quietly. “I’m trying to fix this Chloe. I want us to work things out. I want things to go back to the way they were.”

She shook her head. “It isn’t that easy Lex. I’m not even sure if I feel the same way anymore.” The words slid out of her mouth before she could stop them. She couldn’t help but feel extreme guilt at the pain that flashed across his face.

“All right.” He said, his voice sounding strange.

It was amazing to her how easily he could shut down that way. She wished she could reach out to him. Wished she could hold him, but she couldn’t. She wouldn’t. “I’m sorry.”

He jerked his head from left to right. “Don’t be. Please don’t.” He turned to go. He paused and turned to look at her. “I hope this doesn’t ruin the opportunity for a friendship?”

Chloe didn’t bother with trying to wipe the tears that were slowly slipping down her cheeks. “Of course not.”

He reached out and squeezed her hand. “I’ll see you around Chloe.” He turned and opened the door and stared as Lois, who was obviously eavesdropping, stumbled forward into the apartment. He stepped over her and walked out of the apartment, not bothering to look back.

“I forgot something.” Lois explained, standing up while wiping her pants off. “Chloe?”

Chloe just shook her head, unable to speak.

“Come here,” Lois murmured, wrapping her arms around Chloe, letting her cry on her shoulder.

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 11-22-06 Chapter 21* (NC-17)

WHAT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! YOU LEFT IT LIKE THAT??!!! Kimbo, you are trying to kill me...aren't you? Chloe is gonna come around isn't she? I mean, she has every right to tell Lex what she told him after what he did to her but PLEASE. I'm so glad you updated & I hope you update again soon so my blood pressure can come back down to a safe level.

i'm the one who has a problem with the chapters or there isn't any chapter 20also the contuinity of the story didn't make any 'out of balance' things. (i know it sounds a little strange but i didn't figure it out any other way to say it) by the way, Lex's playing a 'big dumb-ass alien' routine now. 'the thought of losing someone you love is just too much' isn't a excuse for making the very person miserable. i don't get why people scared of that. it happens all the time. however it's too hard, people die. it's just life..and you don't remake the past when finally it occured to you how stupid you was

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

great update.

i can't wait to see how they get back together

I don't blame Chloe for not running straight back to him. He really really hurt her and i think he has some major sucking up to do...but she will forgive him right 'cos i'm a sucker for a happy ending!!!

More soon...?

-K-

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was just a gorgeous update!

Good for Chloe for letting Lex know that he can't just come back and pick up where they left off. If he wants to win Chloe back, he is going to have to earn her trust back.

And I hope he turns right back around, and lets Chloe know that he has no intention of losing her again, and that she will be his again.

A tad overdramatic? Maybe. But I'm a sucker for romantic, over the top moments

And Lois in protective big sister mode ROCKS!!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information