+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 10-2-06 Chapter 17(part2) * (NC-17)

I have to agree with somethingeasy...

Where is the update for this one?

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    I have to agree with somethingeasy...

Where is the update for this one?[qimg]http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/images/smilies/piratecaptain.gif[/qimg]
    hmmm. If only Letia could be a little more specific about what part of my review she agrees with. I'm still holding out for the 'Lois going after Lex with a bazooka'.

but I would be willing to settle for remorseful recriminations as Chloe very tearfully starts packing up all the stuff she might have stowed away at Lex's penthouse. Or would Lex simply fed-ex all her belongings to her? It sounds so cruel, underhanded and cowardly... of COURSE that's what Lex is going to do... I'm looking SO forward to it.

We've already covered the fact that I'm one sick angst-freak puppy

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    hmmm. If only Letia could be a little more specific about what part of my review she agrees with. I'm still holding out for the 'Lois going after Lex with a bazooka'.

but I would be willing to settle for remorseful recriminations as Chloe very tearfully starts packing up all the stuff she might have stowed away at Lex's penthouse. Or would Lex simply fed-ex all her belongings to her? It sounds so cruel, underhanded and cowardly... of COURSE that's what Lex is going to do... I'm looking SO forward to it.

We've already covered the fact that I'm one sick angst-freak puppy
    I'm agreeing with this point.

*frustrated groan* It's as if all my favourite authors have gone into hibernation for the incoming winter. What's going on here??!! Was there a 'special hiatus week' memo that I missed out on the NS Forum?
    I'd liked somebody to update something.

Kill Lana

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    I'm agreeing with this point.

I'd liked somebody to update something.

I'm sorrry. work is killing me but i'm trying to update three of my stories today. I'm going to update one then i'll be working on this one! bear with me pleaseee

Zod is my homeboy

Oh. No. He. Di - idn't. Seriously? He broke up with her for that? Oh I hope Lois does more than just go after him with a bazooka.

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 10-18-06 Chapter 18 * (NC-17)

Sorry for taking forever to update this. Forgive me. Work is still killing me and will continue to kick my ass. Anyway thanks for the patience, and here’s the next part! Sorry if they're errors. Its one in the morning and i should be in bed. *passes out*

Chapter 18

Chloe had been released from the hospital three days after Lex had decided to break her heart. Unsurprisingly, the press had been there as she was wheeled out of the hospital, by her father, toward the waiting car. They had asked her how she was. What her ordeal was like. Most importantly, why Lex wasn’t with her. She had ignored all questions, especially the last one because she had been asking herself that question over and over again.

Its been seven days since Chloe had last seen and heard from Lex. It was as though he had gone into seclusion. Disappeared off of the face of Metropolis. Chloe didn’t bother contacting him, figuring she’d give him enough time alone to cool off before talking to him again. Still, his words had broken her heart. Broken her heart because she knew how serious he was when he said he didn’t want to be with her.

She knew she had made him feel vulnerable. Almost weak. She knew those things frightened him. A frightened Lex is a Lex who will run away without looking back.

To make things worse, Lois took no hesitation into telling her father what Lex did. She had to practically beg him not to find Lex and keep his promise of death for hurting his daughter. After many attempts at finding Lex, annoying Chloe, and more threats of death for Lex, She sent her father home. Much to Lois’s dismay.

“I don’t know why you sent Uncle Gabe home,” Lois said with a huff. “I’m sure he would’ve skinned Lex alive with great pleasure.”

Chloe only sighed. “For the last time Lois, I don’t want dad doing that. Besides, this is my problem I can handle it.”

“Whatever.” Lois said, sliding into bed next to her cousin. “Why would he break up with you anyway?”

Chloe looked down at her hands and shrugged. “Lex is a complicated man,” She said quietly. “Sometimes he doesn’t even know why he does the things he does. I think I scared him. Made him feel vulnerable.”

Lois shook her head. “But he loves you doesn’t he? Why would he ruin a good thing for nothing?”

Chloe sighed heavily. “Most times, for Lex, voluntarily giving something up before he lost it was better.” She shrugged. “When I was kidnapped, he hated the way that made him feel, so he decided to--”

“Get rid of you?” Lois cut in harshly. She shook her head. “Seems pretty cowardly to me. Weird to. He breaks up with you, but yet he marries the crazy homicidal maniacs.”

Chloe just shrugged again. “I’ll just give him time. Then I’ll go talk to him.”

Both women were quiet for a long moment, each in their own thoughts. Lois glanced over at her cousin, knowing how much pain she was in. “How’s the shoulder?”

“A little sore.”

“You want something for it?”

Chloe shook her head. “I already took something.”

“Okay.” Lois glanced over at Chloe again. “You sure you don’t want me to convert to plan D? I got the rocket launcher waiting for me in my closet.”

Chloe gave a half smile. “That’s okay. I don’t want you to get arrested for me.”

Lois shrugged. “Oh well. You sure you don’t want me to get Clark to punch a hole through his head? You and I both know he can do it. Plus he can run us out of the country before Lex even hit’s the ground.”

Chloe smiled sadly. “I like his head.”

Lois snorted. “How pathetically sappy of you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes.

“How about this, Clark kidnaps Lex, flies to the Artic and leave him there for a month until he decides to take him back.”

Chloe paused in though before shaking her head. “Naa, that wouldn’t work.”

Lois tucked the covers around Chloe. “Well cousin, we’ll figure something out.”

Chloe nodded sleepily, already feeling the effects of the pills she had taken. “Yes, and then we can discuss why you insist on tucking me in bed.”

Lois smirked. “Enjoy it while you can.”

Chloe’s smile faded. “I never even thanked you for helping me all this time Lois.”

Lois waved her off. “You’re my cousin I’m suppose to take care of you. Now lets forget this Full House moment and go to sleep.”

“G’Night.”

“You have reached the sprint voice mail box of--”

Chloe closed her cell phone with a sigh. She’d lost count on how many times she called Lex’s cell phone. His house phone. She knew she wouldn’t get an answer. Didn’t know why she was even torturing herself. She idly wondered if he knew what he was doing to her. If he even thought about her anymore.

“Okay Sulky lady,” Lois said plopping next to Chloe. “Throw down the phone.”

Chloe pouted. “I’m not sulking, and if I was sulking I have a good reason to.”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “You Miss Sullivan, are not the sulking type.”

Chloe glared at her. “I sulk in private.”

Lois ignored her. “Matrix two or three?” she asked holding up the Movies in front of Chloe’s face.

Chloe sighed. “I’m already confused enough, I’m not that in the mood to be even more confused.”

Lois just smiled. “Come on,” She said dangling the movies in Chloe face. “Its Keanu. Your favorite.”

Chloe took the movies in her hands. “Don’t you want to spend the night with Clark alone for once?”

Lois placed a gentle arm around Chloe’s shoulder. “Clark’s coming over too.”

Chloe smiled but didn’t comment. She knew what Lois was doing. She knew Lois was worried about her. For the past few days, she’s become a sort of involuntary third wheel. Lois and Clark taking it upon themselves to drag her around everywhere they went. They never left her alone. Always found some excuse to be around her. She knew they were trying to protect her. She knew they were trying to be there for her as best as they could.

She appreciated that, but it annoyed her to no end. She wondered if they knew they were smothering her.

She glanced at her cousin, unsurprised at the wide smile plastered on her face. She was sure Lois knew she was heavy on the smothering. “You’re a bitch.”

Lois’s grin widened. “You love me.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Unfortunately. The second one.”

“All right,” Lois said softly. “Keanu number two it is. Have some popcorn. Order a pizza and--”

“I’m going to see him tomorrow Lois.”

Lois paused for a long moment before glancing over her shoulder. “You sure that’s a good idea?”

Chloe shook her head. “It probably isn’t, but he’s been dodging my phone calls, and I need to see him.”

Lois looked as though she wanted to say something smart, but she kept it to herself. “What will you say to him?”

Chloe shrugged. “I’ve no clue.”

“Sure you don’t want that rocket launcher?”

Chloe smiled softly. “You can put that on standby but I‘m pretty sure I won‘t need it.”

Lois shrugged. “All right, but I’ll have on standby just in case.”

“Mr. Luthor is in a meeting.”

Chloe ignore Josephine, Lex’s secretary, as she barged into his conference room.

“Ms. Sullivan please!”

Chloe paused in the doorway, her eyes meeting Lex’s surprised gaze. She raised an eyebrow.

“I’m sorry Mr. Luthor,” Josephine said. “I tried telling her but she--” She trailed off when he raised his hand.

“Its quite all right Josephine.” Lex said, placing the laser pointer he held down onto the table. “This meeting is adjourned gentlemen.”

Chloe watched as everyone piled out of the conference room, leaving the two of them alone. She turned to face him, her heart suddenly pounding in her chest as she realized just what she was doing exactly. Its been two weeks. Fourteen days since she last saw him. Two weeks of time for him to realize what he lost.

She looked at him, noting how good he looked dressed in a fitted gray suit with a purple tie. She could tell he was trying to keep his facial expression blank, but she caught the way his eyes slid to the sling that held her arm. She caught the flash of pain and concern in his eyes.

“Chloe,” He started softly. “How are you?”

The fear and hesitation she felt suddenly disappeared and anger took its place. How dare he use such a flat nonchalant tone. She glared at him, stepping closer and feeling certain glee at the way his hand tightened on the pen he held.

“You can’t tell someone you love them then just break their heart for no reason.” Not the most Chloeesque thing to say but it was the first thing to fly out of her mouth.

Lex blinked, clearly unable to respond.

“You can’t do that Lex. Don’t you remember you promised we would talk about something like this?”

He sighed heavily. “Chloe-”

“And you didn’t Lex. You broke my heart, and that’s something I thought you’d never do.”

The pained expression on his face intensified. “Chloe, please.”

She stepped closer toward him, the pain she felt disabling her ability to hold back any words. “I want You Lex,” She said with emphasis. “Do you know what this is diong to me? Having to practically beg you to take me back?”

“Yes.” He answered sadly.

She shook her head. “I don’t think you do.” She stared at him for a long moment before looking away. “If you only knew what I’d do to get--” She trailed off and turned face him again, her face angry. “What is it that I have to do to get you back Lex? Huh? Do I have to plot to kill you? I mean I can slip poison into your morning coffee if that would help.”

Now he looked at her confused. “Chloe, its not--”

She rested her hand on top of his shoulder, Her chest tightening at the way his body stiffened.

“I know.” He said flatly.

“You love me.” She said, hating the way her voice had suddenly became desperate.

He looked away from her. “I do.” He admitted softly. “We could still--”

“If you say we could be friends I swear I’ll have Clark really punch a hole through your head.”

They stared at one another silently. His expression was so closed off. Giving away nothing, and for once in a very long time Chloe was unable to figure out what it was he was thinking. She could feel the knot forming in her throat the longer she stared at him. Could feel the tears start to form in her eyes. She hated the fact that she was going to cry. Hated how weak she felt. “Why are you doing this?” She asked quietly.

Instead of answering, he turned his back to her. “I think you should go Chloe.”

She shook her head angrily. “Not until you answer my question.”

Minutes ticked by before he answered, breaking the silence that enveloped between them. “Because I can.”

The cruelty in those words had hit her so hard she stumbled backwards, her eyes wide with pain. She could only stare at the back of his head in astonishment, hating the fact that she could retort nothing back. He had rendered her speechless.

“I think you should go now Chloe.”

“You’re coward.”

“Maybe,” He said quietly. “Now please go.”

Unable to take much more, she turned to go, walking blindly out of his office and down the hall, fighting the rise of tears.

She hurried into a nearby bathroom and locked herself into a stall. One tear slid down her cheek and landed on her hand. She looked down, watching as more tears spilled out of her eyes, blurring her vision. She fucking hated this. Hated crying. She covered her mouth with her hand as silent sobs wracked her body.

“Chloe-”

“No.”

Lois was worried.

Lois sighed heavily as she glanced over at her cousin. Its been three days, and she still wouldn’t talk about what happened with Lex when she went to see him. Lois didn’t know what happened, but she could guess. She could notice the change in Chloe’s behavior. Could see how different she was acting. Could see the way Chloe wore her sadness on her sleeve.

“I can’t believe he had the fucking nerve to have someone hand deliver your things in a box.”

Chloe only shrugged. “That’s just the way he is.”

Lois frowned. “An asshole?”

Chloe smiled for the first time in three days.

“Chlo,” Lois started slowly. “What did he say to you?”

“It doesn’t matter,” Chloe answered softly. “Its over between us.”

Lois frowned in confusion. “Just like that? After everything you’ve two been through?”

Chloe shrugged again. “Just like that. Its his choice Lois. He doesn’t want me anymore and there’s nothing I can do about it.”

“Well,” Lois sighed. “Since I can’t kidnap, shoot, maim, blow up, or disfigure him, can I at least destroy some of his things?”

Chloe smiled again. “No, but you can help me pack them.”

Lois glared at her. “You just like to take away all of my fun don’t you?”

“Chloe, sweetie?” Lois called through the closed bedroom door. “Come on open up.” She glared at Clark before hitting him in the shoulder.

She glared at him. “Why’d you say something so stupid?”

Clark winced. “I didn’t mean to say it.”

Lois rolled her eyes at him. “Yes you did you alien idiot! You and your big mouth. I specifically told you not to mention anything about Lex, and there you go yapping your big mouth.”

Clark frowned down at her. “You said that already.” He looked away from her at the death glare she shot him. “What do we do?”

Lois threw her hands up. “Why don’t you just use your X-ray vision and tell me what she’s doing.”

Clark sighed, the guilt he felt showing clearly on his face. “I don’t have to. I can hear her, she’s crying.”

Lois frowned with worry. “I’m going to kill Lex.”

“Wow, I didn’t know cowards wore Versace.”

Lex glanced up from his laptop unsurprised to see Lois Lane standing in the doorway of his office. He sighed heavily. “Ms. Lane, this is an unpleasant surprise.”

Lois gave him a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. “Isn’t it though?”

Lex closed his laptop and sat back in his chair. “Allow me to give you two minutes before I call security to remove you from my building.”

Lois glared at him. “That’s fine. Because I’m not in the mood to go to jail today, but I’ll tell you this,” She leaned over his desk so that she was eye level with him. “I don’t know what Chloe sees in you, and frankly, I think deserves someone who won‘t break her heart and run away like a little scaredy cat when the going gets tough. Unfortunately enough, she wants you. Now I don’t know what you’re going through, and frankly I don’t give a damn, but I’m here to tell you to get over yourself.”

Lex glared at her. “I think this is the point where I tell you to mind your own business.”

Lois stood up straight with a small smile. “Chloe is my business, and she’s hurting because of you. Now you can sit in your big stupid chair behind your ridiculously large desk, pretending to be heartless, and continuing to be a coward--” Lois paused with a sigh. “Or you can realize what you gave up and go and see her.”

Lois turned to go and paused. “A little word of advice Lex, don’t be a pussy.”

TBC

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 10-18-06 Chapter 18* (NC-17)

I LOVED the new update hehehe especially this part:
    Lois turned to go and paused. “A little word of advice Lex, don’t be a pussy."
    Way to go Lois... Lex is being an awful butt... I totally understand but still, not fun for either him or Chloe.. not fair at all!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

heh... Now this was a nice chapter. All the suffering and angst that the major characters were going through were very satisfying to read. Yes! I AM a sadistic freak who loves watching fictional characters suffer as much as possible before getting to a happy ending... You got a problem with that, say it to my face... I know Jujitsu!

Even more fun than seeing Chloe wallowing in the depths of despair was watching Gabe and Lois fuss around her, trying so desperately to find ways to cheer her up.

Gabe was lovely as the outraged father who wanted to seriously HURT Lex for making his baby girl cry. *sigh* there is something so fundamentally sweet about the image of over-zealously protective fathers that speaks to the little girl present in all of us.

Not that we would ever ADMIT such a thing to our dads of course

Lois was really fun as the incensed cousin who wanted to kill on behalf of her blood-kin. And (SCORE!) there were several mentions of a rocket launcher. LOL!

“Why are you doing this?” She asked quietly.

Instead of answering, he turned his back to her. “I think you should go Chloe.”

She shook her head angrily. “Not until you answer my question.”

Minutes ticked by before he answered, breaking the silence that enveloped between them. “Because I can.”
    That whole part with Chloe actually BEGGING Lex to take her back was so heartbreaking... a real treat to read through

And Lex's reply to Chloe's demand for a simply 'Why is this happening?'. It WAS the most cruel response she could have gotten. It's just a way of saying 'there IS no why... I don't care enough for there to be a valid reason'. It was the most horrible thing Lex could have said, and I understand why this one thing broke Chloe's heart, hope and resolve completely.

I don't know how Lex is going to react to Lois's outraged statements, but somehow it doesn't seem like it's going to be THAT simple to get the stubborn, cowardly idiot to change his mind. Probably another horrible emergency involving a threat to Chloe's life that will make Lex realize that he's going to be hurt by a threat to her well-being whether he happens to be with her or not.

Or, better still, Chloe manages to get enough time away to be ready to move on... and the moment she starts dating, Lex realizes that he cannot tolerate the image of some OTHER man/men getting a chance to enjoy Chloe's conversations, snark and body.

Or... I'm not an author, and I'm sure that Kimbo will come up with something that makes my suggestions sound like the complete 'crap from the top of my head' that they are

I look forward to incoming chapters. please update soon.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Excellent update!

Good for Chloe for trying to talk to Lex, but I hate that he's making her cry. Yes, he's scared of losing her, but now he's deliberately hurting her, and I'm finding it hard to forgive him for that.

And I think that is why I love Lois as much as I do--good for her for telling him off for hurting Chloe--she truly is a great big sister
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

LOVE THIS CHAPTER!!!!!! Love Lois being there for Chloe , giving her advice on what to do with Lex & then having enough guts to go confront him. I hope Lex sees what an ass he's being & BEGS Chloe to take him back. Can't wait for more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information