+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

NS Full Member

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 9-18-06 Chapter 17(part1) * (NC-17)

Ah! I knew it was gonna happen. Chloe just can't help it, she has to have her way. I wonder what Lex is gonna do about who ever took her, come to think of it I wonder what hes gonna do about those failed bodyguards.

Can't wait to read more.

): )

Nooooo! This is sooo not good grrrrr, I hope she will be ok!! UPdate soon please

NS Full Member

I just finished reading this and this story is fantastic!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

NS Full Member

Wonder what is going to happen with chloe, please update.

uh yea, so I do believe that you promised to have part 2 posted by the end of monday.... it's now like a week later and there's still no update!!! you're killing me here!!! what's going to happen to chloe!!! i need to know so you need to hurry up and post!!!! please!!!

OMG ! that wasn't suppost to happen, It was going so well !! Can't wait to find out what happens next.Please update soon !

I love this story. Cant wait to find out what happens to Chloe. More please soon!

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 10-2-06 Chapter 17(part2) * (NC-17)

Chapter 17 (part 2)

Gosh sorry I took so very long for the second part. Once again work is killing me, but anyway. Here’s the second part…

Chloe’s head pounded painfully as she slowly awoke from her trip into unconsciousness. Panic seized her as she realized her hands were tied and she was blindfolded. Her body jarred painfully as the moving vehicle she was in went over three large bumps.

She could feel herself sweating as she tried unsuccessfully to break the bonds that held her wrists. She paused and tried to stretch her les out, yelping in pain at the stiffness she felt there.

She was in the trunk.

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that she was being kidnapped. She wondered how long she was out for. It had to have been for quite some time, judging by the way her arms and legs were numb.

She once again struggled against the bonds, holding back a whimper as the bonds rubbed painfully against her skin. She froze as the car came to a sudden stop. She heard two car doors slam shut, and her ears strained to hear what the voices were saying as they neared closer.

Her heart pounded and slammed her eyes shut as the trunk suddenly swung open.

“We know you’re awake girly.” The voice said as she was violently yanked out of the trunk by her arms. She stumbled, her knees painfully hitting the ground. She cried out, and bit her lip hard to stop the tears that sprung to her eyes.

“What do we do with her?”

Her ears perked slightly. They sounded very uncertain.

“Boss says we can’t kill the reporter bitch.”

She frowned, deeply offended. She could hear the silent “Yet” on the edge of that sentence.

“Even though she’s caused us all of this trouble?” The other kidnapper asked.

“No, man. He said its too hot right now.”

Chloe tried to think quick. Trouble? She had caused many people trouble this past summer. “Hey!” She yelped as she was yanked up off of her knees painfully. She stumbled over her feet as she was shoved to walk ahead.

“Hurry up.” The man growled, the painful grip on her arm tightened and she was shoved again.

“Its kind of hard to walk what with being blindfolded.” She complained and immediately regretted it when her hair was nearly yanked out of her scalp.

“Shut your trap bitch.” They paused in their walking, and the hands that held her untied the bonds around her wrist and snatched the blindfold off of her head. “In you go.” He said, and pushed her into a dark room.

She stumbled forward, letting out a yelp of surprise as her hands and knees scraped against the concrete painfully.

“Try not to scream too loudly, don’t want to scare those rats away.”

“Wait!” She stood up, rushing toward the door that was slammed shut, leaving her in complete darkness. “Hey!” She banged on the door screaming as loud as she could. She gave up with a sigh and slowly turned, trying to adjust her eyes to the darkness.

She slowly slid to the ground. Trying very hard not to cry. Trying very hard not to lose hope. She closed her eyes, hoping that Lex was looking for her.

There was something crawling on her thigh when she opened her eyes. She bit her lip, something inside her telling her it was a rat. She screamed, and quickly swiped the offending rodent off of her. She scrambled backwards, her back hitting the wall hard with a loud thump.

Her head swam. Pound painfully as she looking around confused. How long had she been lying there? Her throat felt dry and scratchy from crying so hard. Was anyone looking for her? Was Lex looking for her?

Lex. She felt her stomach tighten painfully at the thought of him. He had to have been missing for hours. Maybe even a whole day. He had to be looking for her. Going out of his mind trying to find her. Cursing to the high heavens for not listening to him. She smiled at that despite herself. Her smile slowly faded as she realized just how scared she was. She didn’t want to die. She wasn’t ready to die, and she wasn’t going to give up on trying to find a way to get out of here.

She wanted to move, but she only sat there paralyzed. She sighed heavily. “Good going Sullivan. Just, get up and look around. Ignore that fact that its pitch black. Ignore the fact that their was just a rat crawling on your thigh and that said rat was probably going to come back at you with a vengeance.”

She laughed, noting to herself that she had to have been here for quite some time what with the being delirious already.

She nearly jumped out of her skin as the door suddenly opened. She turned her head, wincing at the light that penetrated her eyes.

She scrambled backwards as the two of them came toward her, and yanked her up by the arms.

“Hello Ms. Sullivan.”

That voice was very familiar and Chloe stared at the man standing in front of her. She could only see the outline of his body, the light only allowing her that. She tried hard to see the man’s face, her eyes widening slightly as she realizes who it is.

The man smiled to himself. “You know who I am.” He said.

“Daniel Lucas the third.” She answered, her heart beat picking up. She hated when Lex was right.

Daniel folded his hands in front of himself. “It seems I’m quite famous. Its seem unfortunate enough for you that you’ve gotten yourself into this situation.”

“I didn’t know the mayor’s son was involved with kidnapping as an extra curricular activity.” The blow to the side of her face was quick and unexpected. Pain blossomed quickly, and she could feel the blood trickle out of the side of her mouth.

“I had to close down all of my operations because you bitch!” He spat angrily. “You’ve cost me millions moving all around the city trying to dodge you and millions more with closing down my operations.”

“I’m persistent.” She commented, immediately regretting the words as they spilled out of her mouth.

One of the men holding her yanked her hair hard. “Shut your trap bitch!”

“You’re all over the news.” Daniel explained calmly. He smiled. “Your little boyfriend is so very distraught. There are so many looking for you.” He paused letting his words sink in.

Chloe closed her eyes as the pain resurfaced. “You aren’t going to get away with this.”

Daniel slowly smiled at her. “I already have.” He reached for her arm and pulled her close. “You see Ms. Sullivan, no one will ever touch me, and as for you, no one is going to hear from you ever again.”

Chloe’s eyes narrowed despite the ball of dread she felt growing by the seconds. “Fuck you.” This time she expected the blow to her stomach, and she doubled over in pain as the wind was knocked out of her.

“I’m going back into the city. Take care of her.” Daniel ordered, fixing his tie.

She was going to die, she realized. She was going to die, and the only thing she could think about was who was going to take care of Lex?

A loud bang was sounded, so loud it shook the whole building. Someone screamed, and one of the men let her go.

“Take care of her!” He called from over his shoulder while running out of the room.

Chloe acted on instinct, and she kicked her foot out, rejoicing to herself when it connected with her captor’s stomach.

“Bitch!” He swung out and slapped her hard in the face.

She fell backwards, her butt hitting the ground with a loud thud. She looked up at him, just in time to see him pulling out a gun. She scrambled backwards, her head swimming from the blows she received. Her eyes widened as he pulled the trigger.

The last thing she felt before passing out was the pain of the bullet connecting with her shoulder.

“Chloe?”

She was dead. She was sure of it.

“Chloe, can you hear me?”

Her eyes fluttered open, and immediately noticed the burning pain in her shoulder.

“Chloe?”

She turned her head, an image of Lois’s head swimming above her. “Lois?” She croaked.

“She’s awake!” Lois called over her shoulder. She turned back her cousin with a worried smile. “You’re gonna be okay Chlo.”

“How’d you find me?”

Lois smiled. “Clark. Just don’t, move okay? The ambulance is almost here.”

Her head hurt. She felt dizzy. Her eyes were growing so heavy. “Where’s Lex?” She asked quietly, but didn’t get an answer because of the fact that she had passed out.

The bullet entered her shoulder, and came out through the other end. She had lost a lot of blood, had to get three stitches under her eye, and bruised ribs. Strangely enough that didn’t matter to her. She was just glad she was alive.

“We finally got in touch with Gabe. He’s on his way from California.”

Chloe smiled softly. “Is he going to kill me?”

Lois smiled, she removed a piece of Chloe’s hair from her forehead. “Well, he probably plans on cuddling and coddling you then go in for the killing.”

“How did you find me Clark?”

Clark smiled with a shrug. “Lex came to me and told me what happened. I just followed around Lucas until he led me to you. It wasn’t easy what with all the security.”

“Lex?” Chloe asked.

“He knows Chloe.” Clark explained. “Everything.”

“Clark, I didn’t--”

“He kind of saw what with Clark ripping the door of its hinges in front of him.” Lois explained. “It was kind of hard to cover up. Clark isn’t that great of a liar.”

Chloe smiled. “He wasn’t a good liar to begin with.”

“I am standing right here you know?”

“Clark,” Chloe started slowly. “You know Lex wouldn’t--”

“I know.” Clark cut in, looking over at the doorway Lex now occupied. “Lois lets go and get some coffee.”

Lois frowned. “What? And ruin this sad sappy moment?” She glanced in the direction Clark was looking and sighed. “Fine, but you’re buying.” She patted Chloe’s hand before following Clark out of the room.

She tried to sit up, but changed her mind as a wave of nausea hit her.

Lex was at her side in an instant, gently taking her hand and adjusting the pillows from her. “It’s the drugs they gave you,” He explained softly. “It makes you a little nauseous for a while. You’ll get use to it.”

Of course he would know that being an expert on getting shot. “Okay.” She let him settle her back onto the pillows, lying back with a deep sigh. She glanced at him, noticing for the first time at how tired and out of it he seemed.

She felt guilt. Knowing she was the cause of his distress. She didn’t know what to say to him. Where to begin. How to express how horrible she felt. “Hi.” she said softly.

“Hi yourself.”

For the first time in a very long time, she couldn’t tell what he was thinking. For the first time in a very long time, he was using that face with her. That blank mask he put on when he didn’t want to let on what was bothering him. She hated that because that meant that he was pushing her away, whether he knew it or not.

“I probably look like zombie girl right now.”

His face softened a little, and she felt her stomach contract. “You look beautiful.”

She smiled at him. “Careful,” She said softly. “Your romance slip is showing.”

He shrugged, “No one is around to hear.”

She tilted her head to the side. “You never know.”

“Your boss says you can take off as long as you need,” Lex explained. “I think he said something about you setting a precedent.”

Chloe snorted. “Yeah, First reporter at the Daily Planet to be kidnapped.” She frowned. “Or to survive a kidnapping.”

Something about her statement seemed to cause the earlier diffused tension rise back between them. Lex looked away from her for a moment. Chloe looked down at the hand that held hers, and frowned when she noticed it was bandaged. “What happened?”

His eyes darkened slightly as he answered. “My fist ran into Daniel’s face.”

“Oh,” She said softly, unsurprised. “Is he--”

“He’ll live.” Lex cut in, his voice flat.

Chloe knew by the look on his face that he would’ve gone further. He would’ve killed Daniel Lucas without guilt. “What stopped you?” she asked softly and he smiled.

“Clark.” He answered wryly.

She smiled slightly. “He never minds his own business huh?”

“That’s Clark for you.” He turned away from her to stand by the window.

They were both silent for a long moment, and Chloe stared at his back, biting her lip. “At least you’re only one up on me on the getting shot thing.” She knew it was a bad joke by the way he glanced over his shoulder to glare at her. “You can get to the I told you so now.”

He sighed heavily. “I’m not going to do that, and surprisingly enough, I’m not angry at you.”

She let out the breath she’d been holding. “That’s strangely alarming.” She stared at his back once again, his silence making her very uncomfortable. “Lex?”

His voice was quiet as he answered. “You didn’t show up home and I knew something was wrong. I just knew it.”

She closed her eyes against the guilt that flooded her. “Lex--”

“A whole day and a half Chloe. You were missing, and I thought you were--” He trailed off.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly.

He shook his head. “I couldn’t function,” He said softly. “I couldn’t. All I could think that if something had happened to you I--When I couldn’t find you, when I felt I couldn’t think straight any longer, I had to turn to Clark.”

“That’s okay.” She said softly. “Getting help isn’t always bad.”

He turned to face her, his face a blank mask. “I felt helpless Chloe. Completely helpless at the knowledge that you could be dead. That I could lose you. I can’t feel that way again. I can’t go through that Chloe.”

She frowned at him confused. “What are you saying Lex?”

He stared at her. “I’m saying I can’t be with you anymore.”

The words were so very clear, and Chloe stared at his blank face, hoping he was playing a cruel joke on her. “Lex--”

“I’m sorry.” He said softly. He quickly turned away from her, but not fast enough. She had already saw the misery creep into his eyes.

She could only stare at him in shock. Unable to speak. She wondered if this was really happening.

“Hey, Chloe,” Lois said coming back into her room. “Your dad just called me. He said he’ll be here in twenty minutes.” She paused as she noticed the tears in Chloe’s eyes. She frowned and glared up at Lex. “What-”

“I have to go.” Lex interrupted. He turned and quickly left the room.

“He promised he wouldn’t say anything to upset you until after you were fully healed. I tell you he’s-” She trailed off when she noticed the despondent look on her cousin’s face. “Chloe,” She started slowly. “What happened?”

Chloe turned away from the direction Lex had gone in. “I think Lex just broke up with me.”

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

WTF!!!????!!! After all that just happened to Chloe, Lex is so afraid of his feelings that he'd rather dump her than feel them. OMG, if I was her I'd make myself get out of that bed & kick his ass. I hope he realizes what an idiot he's being & that Chloe makes his suffer before taking hism back. Please update soon , need to know what happens next.

I can't decide if I need to hug Lex or throttle him. I can understand his response, but I don't like it. At all. Wonderful update, but please come back and fix it. Please.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information