+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Startling Revelation (NC-17) *Epilogue part 2 updated 5/21/07*

Kill Lana

Re: Startling Revelation *Updated 3-31-06 Chapter 6 * (NC-17)

Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback! Sorry for the horrible Lexana! I’m glad you all didn’t kill me lol J here’s the next chapter

Chapter 6

“Chloe Sweetie? Come on, open up the door.”

Chloe narrowed her eyes at the door as she put another giant spoon of chocolate ice cream into her mouth. It had been four days. Four days since she witnessed that horrible image of Lex kissing Lana, which caused her to fall into a depressive state of overeating.

“Chloe, I know you’re in there. I can smell you through the door.”

She ignored the loud banging on her door, turning the volume up on her television, which was tuned into the movie Ghost.

“Chloe,” Lois said in a stern voice. “Open the damn door or I’m going to break it down.”

Ignoring the threat, Chloe stuffed a cookie into her mouth.

“I’m giving you to five.”

She reached for a Drakes cupcake.

“One.”

She stuffed the cupcake into her mouth.

“I’m serious Chloe. Two.”

She reached for another cupcake.

“I’m not kidding. Three.”

Chloe rolled her eyes in annoyance, and stood up.

“Four. This is it Chloe.”

“Five.” Lois muttered when the door swung open. She stepped inside the room, and kicked the door closed with her foot. Her eyes widened in surprise as she looked over at Chloe, who was sitting on her bed, surrounded by almost every junk food known to man. Cookies and donuts. Empty bags of potato chips, cake, and ice cream.

“Chloe,” She started slowly. “What are you doing to yourself?”

“Its just so sad.” Chloe said stuffing a piece of cupcake in her mouth.

Lois nodded crossing her arms in front of her chest. “It really is.”

“I mean, Molly loved Sam so much,” She continued ,with a mouth full of cake. “They were going to get married, and then he just dies!” Tears sprang to Chloe’s eyes as she shook her head. “Love sucks!”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “Chloe, you’re starting to scare me.”

Chloe sniffed loudly. “I’ll tell you what’s scary. Being in love with someone only to have your heart ripped out and thrown away!”

“You haven’t been to class all week. Not to mention work.”

Chloe narrowed her eyes at her cousin. “I’m having a sick day. Sick week.”

Lois glared back. “Sick from what?”

“A broken heart! Sick from seeing Lana Lang’s lips touch Lex’s. Sick from seeing her enjoying that kiss. That was suppose to be my kiss. That little bitch! Oh, God. What’s wrong with me?”

Lois rolled her eyes in disgust. “That’s it! Chloe, give me that ice cream.”

Chloe glared at her as she brought another spoon to her mouth. “No,” She said her mouth full. “Its mine. Get your own.”

Lois pointed at her. “Chloe, I’m warning you. Don’t do it. Don’t-” She trailed off as Chloe put another spoon into her mouth. She stepped forward, and reached out to snatch the ice cream from Chloe’s hands. “Chloe, stop being ridiculous, and let go!”

Chloe struggled against Lois’s strong grip. “No!” she cried. “I need it.”

Lois stumbled back as she successfully commandeered the ice cream. “Look Chloe,” She started, placing the ice cream on the desk beside her. “This is crazy. This isn’t like you.”

Chloe pouted crossing her arms in front of her chest. “How do you know? Maybe this is me. I don’t always have to be strong witty Chloe. Holding in all of my hurt feelings with a sarcastic quip and a smile. I deserve to eat and pout if I want to.”

Lois eyed her with an exasperated look. “You’re acting pathetic Chloe. This is beneath you.”

Chloe narrowed her eyes. “You didn’t have to see what I saw,” She mumbled reaching for a bag of potato chips. “They were kissing Lois. Kissing! It was like I was sixteen all over again. Lana Lang has kissed someone else I’m in love with. Oh, god! I’m crying again.”

“That’s it!” Lois reached out, and grabbed Chloe by the arms; shaking her as she spoke. “You listen to me soldier-”

“Did you just call me soldier?” Chloe cut in.

“You smell, your hair is greasy, and worst of all, you let Lana see you like this.”

Chloe sniffed. “That little bitch.”

Lois shook her again. “You have to snap out of this funk. You’ve hit rock bottom. You need to get off your ass, and stop acting like a pathetic little cry baby.”

Chloe shook her head. “But, I can’t.” She said quietly. “Lana has her pink little claws in him.”

Lois groaned in frustration. “So what if they kissed. You’re Lex’s best friend remember. You understand him. Lana can’t even to begin to understand someone like him Chloe. You told me this remember?”

“Yes, but-”

“No buts,” Lois continued with conviction. “You’re a beautiful, intelligent, strong woman. You’re Chloe Sullivan dammit!”

Chloe frowned. “I am?”

“Hell yes! You’ve done the impossible of becoming Lex Luthor’s best friend Chloe. You’ve been tiptoeing around what you want for almost eight months. You have to turn up the heat. Bring out the big guns.”

For some reason, that scared Chloe. “What if I scare him off?”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Do you want me to give you the boobs speech again?”

Chloe smile softly. “No, that’s okay.” She looked around her side of the room. “God, what have I been doing to myself?”

Lois moved the pile of snacks as she sat next to Chloe. “Yeah, it is pretty pathetic.”

Chloe smiled embarrassed. “Could you do me a favor and stop using the word pathetic.”

Lois pursed her lips. “How about sad then? Or pitiful? Or even-”

“Shut up.”

“So, now that you’re no longer suffering from a nervous break down. What’s next?”

Chloe stood up. “I’m going to stop being so scared. Take a picture because the next time you see me I’ll be a whole new Chloe.”

Lois smiled reaching for a cookie. “I hope it’s a cleaner non stinky version.”

Chloe laughed reaching for her towel. “Lois? You don’t think I’m manipulating Lex do you?”

Lois looked up, breaking her sudden interest in the junk food around her. “What do you mean?”

Chloe shrugged. “Just, this plan you know? Writing the article, and becoming his friend. Not to mention what I’m planning on doing next.”

Lois smiled in understanding. “I kind of figured you’d ask me that eventually. Look Chloe, you were pretty genuine about what you said in that article right?”

Chloe nodded. “Of course I was.”

“And I know you are sincere about being Lex’s friend. You can’t manipulate someone into falling in love with you. I mean, sure you can do subtle things to get them to notice you, but actually manipulating? I don’t think so. You can’t do that to someone like Lex. Actually, I don’t think you can do that to anyone. Well, Unless, you’re Lana Lang.”

Chloe smiled at that.

“Now grab a towel, and get your smelly self into the shower. I’ll clean this mess up for you.”

Chloe frowned. “I don’t smell that bad.” She said lifting her shirt, and sniffing. She frowned. “Okay, maybe I do.” She said reaching for her towel and toiletries. She paused in the doorway. “Thanks Lois.”

Lois waved her off. “What are cousins for? Now get going. You’re burning my nose hairs.”

“You’re hilarious.”

“Ms. Sullivan, it’s a pleasure to see you this evening.”

Chloe smiled at Helga. Somewhere over the course of the eight months of her friendship with Lex, she and Helga had come to some sort of understanding. Chloe didn’t really know why the woman hadn’t liked her in the beginning, but the more she came around the more Helga seemed to become more and more friendlier. Chloe was grateful for that because frankly a mean Helga scared her.

“Hello, Helga. Is Lex-”

“Mr. Luthor is in his study. You can go right in.” Helga smiled at her as they walked down the hall. “He’s been asking about you.”

Chloe smiled, pleased with this new information. “Really?”

Helga nodded. “Of course. Go right in.”

“Thank you.”

Chloe stood in the doorway, silently observing Lex, who was currently bent over a bunch of open file folders on his desk. She always liked watching him when he was working. Liked how relaxed he looked when he thought no one was around. Plus, she liked she could always sneak up on him without his notice, and she always got a little thrill out of it with the knowledge that it annoyed him.

“Good evening Lex,” she said smiling when he looked up slightly startled. She smiled inside when she noticed his eyes scan her from head to toe. She silently thanked Lois for forcing her to wear such a somewhat revealing dress. She had on a red Sweetees Tessa V neck dress with a cute smocking at the stomach; down to the waist. It hugged her curves perfectly, and Lois sacrificed by letting her wear a stylish pairs of jeans underneath.

Lex blinked, seemingly coming out of whatever thoughts he‘d been in. “How long have you been standing there?”

Chloe shrugged as she walked further into the room, stooping in front of his desk. “A minute or two.”

He gave her a slightly disgruntled look. “Its very unsettling when you stand there watching me without me knowing.”

She grinned. “All the more reason for me to do it. Am I interrupting your plans for world domination?”

He looked down at all the folders then back up at her with a small smile. “No. My plans can wait. What’s that you have there?”

She held up the two bags. “I rented some movies, and bought some food. I know how you like to forget to eat while working.”

“You know me too well,” He said standing up. He ushered her over toward the couch. “I can use the break.”

Chloe gasped in mock surprise. “Lex Luthor taking a break from work to relax? Who’s ever heard of such a thing?”

He shrugged slightly. “You’re rubbing off on me I guess.”

Chloe slowly raised an eyebrow. “I hope there’s more I’ll be rubbing off on.” She felt her eyes widen in shock, and her face heat up. Did those words actually come out of her mouth? She didn’t mean to say that out loud. She actually thought it, but it was as though her brain just forced the words from her mouth. She slowly looked at Lex to see him watching her with a look she couldn’t describe. That awful uncomfortable silence rose up between them, and Chloe found herself unable to look away from him. She had no excuse to cover up what she had said. It was quite clear what she meant, and even more clearer that she meant it.

She really was going to explode from embarrassment the longer he stared at her in silence.

“Chloe, Tell me a secret.”

She slowly let out the breath she’d been holding, and turned away from him to take her purchases out of the bag. “I think my brain is disconnected from my mouth.”

She could feel his smile.

“What movies did you get?”

She glanced at him briefly with a secret smile. “Oh, just a few I think you’ll enjoy.”

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”

“That doesn’t even make any sense. I can’t believe I’ve let you convince me to watch this tripe.”

Chloe narrowed her eyes at him. “Love Story is not tripe. Its romantic.”

He looked at her incredulously. “Romantic? She’s wooden and unpleasant and no matter what he does he’s still Ryan O’ Neal.”

Despite herself Chloe giggled; reaching for the carton of strawberries she bought. “Cynic.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re missing the whole point. They hated each other. Then they were friends. Then they were in love.”

Lex still looked unconvinced. “Your point?”

She rolled her eyes. “He was able to bust through the walls she built around herself. Was able to get her to admit that she cared. To admit that she loved him.”

He frowned. “It all seemed pretty worthless if she just died at the end.”

She shrugged. “Haven’t you ever heard of ‘its better to have loved and lost than not loved at all?’”

He shrugged noncommittally. “I’m vaguely familiar with that notion.”

She sucked her teeth. “Don’t get cheeky.”

He smiled in amusement. “Cheeky? You’ve been watching the BBC again have you?”

“Anyway,” she continued, ignoring his comment. “Nothing is worthless Lex. If you had to chance to love someone and have that someone love you back. Then its all worth it. No matter what happens at the end. Just knowing you had the chance to love makes it okay.”

Lex looked at her for a long moment, his eyes soft. “You practiced that speech before you came here?”

She slapped his arm. “Jerk.” She bit into her strawberry, and her eyes closed at how sweet they were. “I liked the fact that they were friends. Friends make the best lovers.” She opened her eyes to see Lex watching her. “Don’t you think so?”

He blinked before answering. “I wouldn’t know. All the women I’ve been with has either secretly hated me or wanted to kill me or was with me for my name and money.”

Chloe stared at him realizing that he probably has never known true love. Hasn’t had the opportunity to have a woman actually love him back. She could sympathize because she know how it felt.

Sighing, she bit into another strawberry, catching the juice that ran down her chin. She turned to her head, surprised to see Lex watching her with an unreadable look on his face. She smiled innocently at him, and held up the carton. “Want one?”

Licking his lips, Lex shook his head before turning back to the television.

Chloe could feel how tense he had suddenly gotten, and she smiled to herself. She rested her head on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry about that Lex.”

He was silent then: “About what?”

“I’m sorry all of those women didn’t realize how great of a guy you are.”

She felt him tense even more. Felt him try to create space between on the couch. Felt him fail.

“Thank you.” He said, his voice suddenly sounding strange.

“You’re welcome.”

“Chloe, can I talk to you for a sec?”

Chloe looked up at Lana, who was standing next to her desk. “Sure,” She said clicking save on her laptop, and closing it. “What’s up?”

Lana sat down biting her lip. “Okay. Well, you and Lex are friends right?”

Forcing herself not to make a face; Chloe nodded slowly. “Yes we are.”

Lana nodded. “And you guys are- close?”

Not making a face. “Uh-huh. Why?”

“Well, you see Lex and I-Well we kissed..” She trailed off as if she was expecting a reaction from Chloe.

Chloe’s eyes widened. “Really?” she asked.

Lana nodded. “Really. And I…really enjoyed it.”

Chloe felt her stomach tie in knots. Felt jealous. Felt like running screaming from the room. “You did?”

Lana nodded blushing. “Yes. It was nice. Different. Sweet.”

Chloe forced her eyebrow from raising. Forced the sarcastic quip from slipping from her lips. Sweet? Different? She wondered if Lana knew she sounded like a twelve year old. “That’s nice. So, what’s the problem?”

Lana twisted her hands in her lap. “Well, ever since that night, I think he’s been avoiding me.”

Chloe felt the knots untwist. Felt a little guilty at the glee she felt from this new information. A little. “He has? Like how?”

Lana stood up, and began to pace. “Yes. When I call him he’s always busy and has to hang up. When I try and visit him at the manor he’s never there.”

Chloe put on a sympathetic face. “Oh.”

“Yeah. Just when I was beginning to have feelings for him. Just when I think we could be good together.”

Chloe frowned in confusion. Feelings for him? Good together? She was sure she remembered Clark telling her that he and Lana had just recently gone out on a few dates. She remembered how glad Clark had been that they turned out well. “What about Clark?”

Lana turned to face her looking slightly guilty. “Clark? Clark is Clark. I mean yes we sort of went out a few times, but he can’t-he won’t…cater to my needs,” Lana bit her lip. “Does that make me a horrible person to say that?”

Chloe’s mind screamed yes! She really wanted to tell Lana off. She really wanted to tell Lana about herself. How dare she say Clark can’t cater to her needs? Clark has done nothing but put her on the highest pedestal for the past seven years and she has the nerve to say that he doesn’t cater to her needs? But now all of a sudden Lex does. Chloe could see now how Lana moves onto the next guy that will pay the most attention to her. She didn’t deserve Clark or anyone for that matter.

“No,” she gritted. “No it doesn’t make you horrible.”

Lana sighed in relief. “Oh, Good. Then will you speak to Lex for me? Ask him why he’s been avoiding me?”

Chloe nodded, fighting the urge to reach out and punch someone. “Sure.”

Chloe stared down at the address in her hand with a small frown. “Twenty third and main.” She muttered looking back up at the abandoned building.

She had been researching and following her leads on her Platman Industries assignment for almost two months, and so far she’s had nothing but dead ends after dead ends. She was ready to throw the case out until she had gotten an anonymous tip from someone about this address.

“All roads lead to something.” She muttered placing her shades on, and hurrying across the street. She crept toward the back of the building, pausing and pressing her back against the wall as a van zoomed by. She continued on, keeping her back against the wall, pausing when she spotted a door.

“Please be unlocked.” she muttered, slowly pulling on the knob. “Bingo.”

She quietly entered the building, pulling out her camera as she looked around. There was nothing but meat. Rows and rows of hanging meat.

“All roads lead to meat.” She muttered. She sighed in annoyance. Suddenly, she froze as a large hand grasped down her shoulder.

“Don’t move.” A man said, his voice dangerously low.

She cried out as she was pulled flush against him, and a knife was brought to her neck. She struggled in her captor’s grip.

“I said don’t fucking move you cunt reporter!”

Okay, so he knew what she was, and she was obviously set up. She should’ve known better. She really wished she had taken Lois up on that karate training she offered. She really could use that now.

He ran the knife dangerously close to her throat. “Now you’re going to listen to me. If you run this story, I’m going to find you and kill you. Understand?”

Chloe said nothing. She was too busy trying to pull the pepper spray mace she had in her coat pocket.

“Understand?” He asked, and she nodded, quickly raising her hand and spraying.

“Ahh!” He cried out, and pushed Chloe onto the ground.

Chloe hissed in pain as she scraped the right side of her cheek hard against the concrete. She quickly stood up, and kneed her captor in the groin before quickly running off; the sound of his painful screams the only thing heard in the room.

“What happened here?” Lex asked gently running his finger across Chloe’s cheek.

“Huh? Oh, this is from my being stupid.”

Lex raised an eyebrow for her to continue.

“Well,” She sighed. “You remember I told you I had a new assignment right?”

Lex nodded. “Platman Industries.”

“Yes, Well yesterday I got a little tip, and well-”

“Let me guess,” He cut in wryly. “You went to investigate your little tip alone?”

Chloe looked embarrassed. “Yes, and please don’t tell me how stupid I was. Both Lois and Clark already did that.”

“Well, I never thought I’d say this, but they were right. What happened?”

She looked down. “I was sort of held at knife point.”

Lex eyed her incredulously. “What? Chloe-”

She winced. “I know. I know.”

He shook his head. “I don’t think you do. Chloe, its dangerous and stupid of you to go out there like that. I know you want to get your story, but there are other options.”

She nodded. “I know.”

She looked up surprised when grabbed her shoulders so she could look at him. “I want you to promise me you’ll never do that again.”

Chloe, noticing the seriousness in his request nodded without argument. “Okay. I promise.”

He nodded, letting her go. “Good. Now what did you want to talk to me about?”

She swallowed. “Lana.”

She watched as he took a noticeable pause. “Oh?”

“Yeah. She told me you two kissed.”

He sighed. “Did she?”

Chloe nodded. “Uh huh. She also told me you’ve been avoiding her, and that I should ask you why. So, why?”

His face was unreadable as he spoke his words carefully. Quietly. “When I kissed her, I expected to feel- something. You know? Anything. But, I didn’t feel anything at all. Nothing. All I kept thinking was of ways of getting her to leave.” He looked at her as he said his next words. “Lana represented something I always thought I needed. Something I always thought I wanted, but I was wrong.” He suddenly looked away from her looking uncomfortable.

Chloe knew he was sharing something very intimate with her. Sharing his true thoughts. Chloe felt guilty for feeling extreme happiness at his revelation. Lex Luthor was not in love with Lana Lang.

She smiled suddenly realizing something else. “You were worried about my well being.”

Lex looked at her, grateful for the sudden change in subject. “I was not.”

Chloe nodded poking her finger in his chest. “Uh huh. You care about me.”

He grabbed her hand and squeezed gently. “Don’t go alerting the media.”

She shrugged. “Well, it is top notch news so I can’t make any promises.”

“Chloe?”

“Yes?”

“Shut up.”

TBC

[quote=kimbo]
    His face was unreadable as he spoke his words carefully. Quietly. “When I kissed her, I expected to feel- something. You know? Anything. But, I didn’t feel anything at all. Nothing. All I kept thinking was of ways of getting her to leave.” He looked at her as he said his next words. “Lana represented something I always thought I needed. Something I always thought I wanted, but I was wrong.” He suddenly looked away from her looking uncomfortable.
    TBC

Hearing This part was worth all the horror that is Lex kissing Lana. And it put me in such a good mood that i came up with a theory why Helga was so "cold" towards Chloe at the begining. She thought that Chloe is one of the other selfabsorbed golddiggers that are usually interested in spending time with Lex but the more she got to know Chloe the more she realized that is not the case, and now Chloe has a friend on the inside as well
    I also hope Lex won't just take Chloe word on the whole not going to investigate by myself front, and hires a bodyguard for her just in case. More, please.

The Masked Phantomess Senior Member Augustine86's Avatar

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that Blana! Lex finally said what everyone has been thinking: you are plain and Blah and nobody finds any kind of interest in you. You fall short of expectations. HA!

And this was so sweet, how Chloe and Lex go on while Lexana gets stumped by Stompy the trusty horse of REALITY.

I love this fanfic. Please do go on. And I love the way you updated really fast. Keep 'em coming!

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Love this story. SO glad that Lex admitted there's no chemistry between him & Lana. SO satifying to read that! Can't wait for more.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I forgive you for Lexana kiss. I am so glad Lex figured it out Blana aint so special. I was really sacred that Chloe was going to get it from that guy. Thank good ness for her spray and get going with Lex. I want a Chlex kiss.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

LOVED the new part! I love how Lex and Chloe are together and the fact that Lex really doesn't have feelings for Lana. I was seriously wondering how much of that my gag factor could deal with. Blagh! And Lois rocks in this fic. Anyway, great job. Please hurry back with more soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Blana is in true form in this story-everything should be all about her. I'm so glad that Lex didn't like their kiss!! Excellent update!! I'm so glad Lex was so concerned about Chloe's injuries!!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Yes, excellent update!

I do love it when Lois gives Chloe a much needed reality check and kick in the ass--GO LOIS

A good for Lex for realzing that Lana really isn't that special, and that he has been deluding himself in thinking that she was.

And I do feel slightly bad for Lana--as much as she needs to be taken down a few pegs, and knocked out of her little self-absorbed world, it never feels good to know that the person you like doesn't like you back.

I want Chloe and Lex to be happy together, and I want Lana's nose to be rubbed in thheir happiness, and then I want Lana to actually take this as a lesson and grow the hell up.

Excellent fic by the way
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

awww.

Loved Lois and her soldier speech.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Yes! Lex has no feelings for Lana! I will ignore the implication that he might have at one time. And he's worried about Chloe and he was obviously missing her while she was in her junkfood coma. Have mentioned that I love Lois? I have? Oh well, I'll say it again. She is amazing. I love her and Chloe interactions and how she snapped Chloe out of her depression. Yay! Chloe for going to get your man! And damn Lana for trying to get every man to worship the ground she walks on. I knew Lex couldn't think of her like that. When are Lex and Chloe going to finally get together? I must have the answer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information