+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Just A Kiss (PG)

Members

Not Just A Kiss (PG)

Title: Not Just A Kiss

Author: Lucy Mars

Rating: PG

Summary: It's not just a kiss. It's the start of something beautiful.

A.N. This fic is the product of some very powerful cold medicine,
    Mr. Mars being out of town and me not being able to sleep. As always,
    feedback would be great.

Shimmering like crystal he's afraid he'll break, her eyes glow under
    the luminous light of his office and for a moment, he knows that he
    would willingly spend the rest of his life drowning himself in her
    emerald orbs.

Standing with her in his arms, he can't remember where they started
    and she's only thinking about why they hadn't sooner. The fleeting
    question of why now fluttered through both their minds as they stood
    silently and stared at each other.

Licking her lips to taste him again, she decides that just maybe it
    isn't wrong for them to pursue this, whatever it is that they've just
    begun. Taking the initiative this time, Chloe closed the distance
    that she had put between their red lips and kissed all of Lex's
    thoughts away. Tightening her fingers around the lapels of his suit
    and pulling him closer, she falls head first as the sensations
    envelop her. It feels like an ascension of a sort, to a certain
    higher state of being for the fraction of a moment; inevitable and
    pleasantly surprising at once.

The sudden awareness of his taste in her mouth is like a high that
    can never be recreated to fit conveniently in a bottle. A mere kiss
    has the power to freeze a moment in time and stretch it on for an
    eternity of bliss.

He rolls on her tongue like the words in her mind: Lex, Lex, Lex, and
    Chloe can't help but wonder why her mind hasn't thought up something
    more eloquent to shout. But as his tounge swirls over her own, Chloe
    knows that it's because this is what Lex reduces her to. A pile of
    monolythic syllables that scream for him and only him. Fused
    together, Chloe realizes belatedly that she's lost her all oxygen in
    Lex and as she gasps for air to fill her burning lungs, in seeps the
    taste of Lex, forever branded on her soul.

Maybe it isn't just a kiss, Chloe amends to herself when they both
    pulled away to refill their deprived lungs and she feels his eyes
    burn straight through her and light a fire deep within her. Maybe
    it's the fact that he's the one who is kissing her that's making all
    the difference in the world.

Following the hesitant, yet determined movement of her hand with his
    eyes, Lex stood still as Chloe reached up and caressed his cheek
    thoughtfully. His fingers clutching her hips desperately, he sees a
    new vulnerability in her, a side that he's sure she rarely, if ever,
    shows. He knows that she would loath to seem anything but strong in a
    world that devors the weak. Her strength is her pride, but in that
    moment he sees fear hovering beneath the passion swimming in her
    eyes. Fear because she'd lost control, they'd both lost control. An
    occurance that scares them both more than either will ever admit.

Fear though, could take a backseat at the moment. The feel of her
    hands on his face seems like the softest approval he's ever gotten
    and before the moment passes, Lex leaned in for another kiss.

She bites his lip gently and they both know that there will be other
    mistakes to be made, but for now there's this. For now, there's just
    the two of them.

What they both can't stop thinking is that mistakes have never felt
    so damn good.

Her hands reach for the back of his neck and in that moment, the
    image they create of two people pressed against each other seems to
    embody their idea of perfection.

THE END.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    That was wonderful Lucy. Not to be a pain what about your other fic New Game? I want an update so bad. :worship2:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    Nice, short fic. I especially like Chloe not being able to speak or think more than his name!

Blue

sara_noele
    Just a Guest!
    Have to agree to everyone, this just nice. Want a kiss like that for my own, maybe with...nevermind.

:chlexsign2:

NS Full Member
    This is all I can think of to say :worship2: !

***sigh*** in a wonderful way (heart fluttering) :biggrin: !

lunaluthor
    Just a Guest!
    ooh so poetic, romantic, dreamy and a lot more you should send Mr Mars out of town a lot more often and by the way where can I buy some of this cold medicine? :biggrin:

Members
    To deal with the frustration I've been feeling over not being able to get the desired result for the next installment of New Game, I took this fic out and played around with it. In the end, I've edited it, added to it and kinda changed it around. I'm just gonna go ahead and post the new version, just in case anyone is crazy enough to read it. lol. I'm not quite sure how to go about this, seeing how I've never done it before, so I'm just gonna post it without deleting the old version. Hopefully I won't piss off anyone and unknowingly break some rules. ;]

Title: Not Just A Kiss

Author: Lucy Mars

Rating: PG

Summary: It's not just a kiss. It's the start of something beautiful.

Shimmering like crystal he's afraid he'll break, her eyes glowed under the luminous light of his office and the moment that they found his through the haze of lust that had settled over them both, an overwhelming awareness fills him with the knowledge that he would willingly spend the rest of his life drowning himself in her emerald orbs. It’s daunting, the weight that settled upon his shoulders when he realized how much he’d like to just stand here in his office with her in his arms for the rest of eternity.

As the world rushed by below them and Metropolis lit up the night sky with the fervor of a city with a million things yet to do before the day passed them by, the two stood immobile in a lover’s embrace, confusion slowly intertwining with the desire that had suddenly grasped them both in an unrelenting, yet not unwelcome embrace. The hands of time continued to pass them by unnoticed and fate herself smiled down upon the two mortals as they struggled to remember how they ended up in their current position. What it was that brought them to this and why did neither of them want to let go?

Standing with her in his arms, Lex couldn’t remember where it was that they started and Chloe's only thinking about why they hadn't sooner. The fleeting question of ‘why now’ fluttered through both their minds as they stood silently and stared at each other, each trying to understand something that neither really understood just yet.

Licking her lips to taste him again, Chloe caught the subtle movement of Lex’s eyes as they followed her tongue and darkened with an emotion that made her toes curls in her obscenely expensive shoes with satisfaction and raw want. Want, she wanted Lex. It hit her so squarely in the chest that Chloe would have stumbled ungracefully onto the cold marble had Lex not been holding her so firmly against the sculpted lines of his body. Her tremor of realization passed through Lex and Chloe could hear her heels sliding over the Italian marble as Lex unconsciously pulled her impossibly closer. It was that very same marble that had earlier made her heels click in a rhythmic beat as she strode confidently into his office, as if no time had passed since they’d last seen each other all those years ago. The click, click, click had announced her arrival to Lex and it had been from the very tips of her red Prada pumps that Lex’s silent appraisal of Chloe had begun. Even now, without a whisper of space between either of their bodies as they melded perfectly into one, Chloe could still feel the heat of Lex’s gaze as his spheres of grey had swept up her body with obvious appreciation. The power of his kiss was still humming through her body but the burn of his gaze was what she couldn’t get out of her mind.

It was in that single moment that Chloe decided that just maybe it isn't wrong for them to pursue this, whatever it is that they've just begun. Taking the initiative this time, Chloe closed the distance that she had initially put between their red lips and kissed all of Lex's thoughts away. Curling her fingers around the lapels of his suit and creasing it with lines that would never disappear, Chloe could feel herself falling head first into the sea of sensations that envelop her in a tantalizing embrace. It feels like an ascension of a sort, to a certain higher state of being for the fraction of a moment; inevitable and pleasantly surprising all at once.

The sudden awareness of his taste in her mouth is like a high that can never be recreated to fit conveniently in a bottle. He rolled over her tongue like the words in her mind: Lex, Lex, Lex, and Chloe couldn’t help but wonder why her mind hasn't thought up something more eloquent or original to shout. But as his tongue swirls over her own, Chloe knows that it's because this is what Lex reduces her to. A pile of monolithic syllables that scream for him and only him. Fused together, Chloe realized belatedly that she'd lost her all oxygen in Lex and when she gasps for air to fill her burning lungs, in seeped the taste of Lex, forever branded on her soul.

Maybe it isn't just a kiss, Chloe amended to herself when they both pulled away and she felt his eyes burn straight through her and light a fire deep within. Maybe it's the fact that he's the one who is kissing her that's making all the difference in the world.

His breath coming in desperate pants, so unlike the controlled man he usually was, Lex found himself drowning in the confusion that followed every gasp of air that filled him with the sweet scent that was distinctly Chloe. He wanted to kiss her, ravish her right here and right now. All that could have been forgiven but it was the overwhelming need to never let her go that left him helplessly lost. Struggling to find control where none existed, Lex felt himself plummet even lower into the abyss of the unknown when alarms went off in his head the moment Chloe’s right hand left its resting spot over his racing heart. Following the hesitant, yet determined movement of her hand with his eyes, Lex stood still as Chloe reached up and caressed his cheek thoughtfully. His fingers clutching her hips desperately, he saw a new vulnerability in her, a side that he's sure she rarely, if ever, shows. He knows that she would loath to seem anything but strong in a world that devours the weak. Her strength is her pride but in that moment he sees fear hovering beneath the passion swimming in her eyes. Fear because she'd lost control, they'd both lost control. An occurrence that scares them both more than either will ever admit.

Fear though, could take a backseat at the moment. The feel of her hands on his face seems like the softest approval he's ever gotten and before the moment passes them both by, Lex leaned in for another kiss.

She bites his lip gently and the moan that he releases to echo through the rapidly darkening office caresses her ears and feel like the sweetest approval she’s ever received.

They both know that there will be mistakes to be made but for now there's this. For now, there's just the two of them.

What they both can't stop thinking is that mistakes have never felt so damn good.

Her hands reached for the back of his neck and in that moment, the image they create of two people pressed against each other seems to embody their idea of perfection.

THE END.

*I apologize for the un-beta'd-ness of this and for anyone who is wondering, I have not forgotten about New Game.

demoness
    It was so wondeful! *sigh* I loved it.

Tandy

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Ah yeah, I already loved this one when I read it on TBT, so great! Simply one of the most romantic kissing moments in fanfiction.

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Wow. I read them both and the second one was definitely better, but only because it was more detailed. I really enjoyed this; it was adorable. :yay:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information