+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coppertone Sunsets (R)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Coppertone Sunsets (R)

Oh no it was going so well. I hope Savannah is going to be ok. Please don't let anything happen to her.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

i hope savannah get's better and lex not beatin him self to much for this little factor...the ud was great

please update soon

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Omg, poor Savannah. I can't believe you left it there, I was really getting into it . So, I've been trying to think of who could be doing this? Who could've slipped her the Hydrocillin? Could it be Maggie? Or, maybe someone who is known to everyone. Maybe Darren? I don't know. Hope you'll update very soon.

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Oh no poor Savannah is ill I hope she gets better!!! Loved the banter between Didi and Lionel

Now poor Lex feels responsible I hope he sorts out exactly what happened and if Maggie was behind it!!

Please update agin soon.

Poor Savannah. I wonder who is responcible? I loved the scenes with Lionel and Didi very funny !! Please come back and update soon !!

Great job, I can't wait for the next update, I hope Savanaha will be okay...
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"The only way to get ideas for stories is to drink way too much coffee and buy a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it..."
    -- Douglas Noel Adams

Coppertone Sunsets (R)(11/?)

Coppertone Sunsets 11

Disclaimer: I am not making any money from the use of this Nine Inch Nails Song. It was simply the inspiration for this chapter.

Burn
    By Nine Inch Nails

This world rejects me
    This world threw me away
    This world never gave me a chance
    This world gonna have to pay

Lex stifled his feelings of despair and focused on his burning rage as he drove. His rage and pain were the only things that kept him from being ripped apart. Once again he was left feeling helpless against his fight against the world. He tried to focus on what Chloe had told him in the hospital. “This is not your fault, Lex.” He fought against the useless feelings of helplessness. If his suspicion proved to be true then someone was going to burn. He’d happily throw the match on the pyre of their existence and watch them burn.

Well I don't believe in your institutions
    I did what you wanted me to
    And like the cancer in your system
    I've got a little surprise for you

He parted the crowds of people that always seemed to be bustling in and out of the busy LuthorCorp building by the strength of his anger. Any other day Lex would have enjoyed the constant rhythm and flow of people as they moved through their busy day but it wasn’t the case of this evening. People scurried out of his way with just one blazing look of his burning blue eyes.

“I want the head of security in my office in 10 minutes,” he barked at the startled young guard who had been chatting up a woman at the security desk.

“I believe that he has left for the day,” the guard told Lex as his eyes drifted back towards the young woman standing before him. Lex felt his lips twist into a bitter smile.

“I don’t care if he is in the Congo,” Lex bit out in an artic tone. “I want his ass in my fucking office in ten minutes.”

“Yes sir, Mr. Luthor,” the young man stammered out. He was taken aback by the angry tone of his employer. He’d watched Lex Luthor stroll through the doors of LuthorCorp for a few months but this was the first time that Lex had ever been so cold or abrupt.

Something inside of me
    has opened up its eyes
    Why did you put it there?
    Did you not realize?
    This thing inside of me
    It screams the loudest sound
    Sometimes I think I could

Burn

Lex focused his eyes on the woman who had paled at her employer’s rage. She was slowly gathering up her things while keeping one eye on Lex as if he had suddenly grown horns and a forked tail.

“What do you do here,” he snapped at her as his gaze raked over her slightly rumpled appearance.

“I work in the file room,” she stammered out hesitantly as she felt the palms of her hands break out into a sweat. Lex nodded at her.

“Follow me,” he growled as he turned away and headed for the bank of elevators that led up to his offices. He never glanced back but rather moved forward with determined strides. She was left to scuttle after him as she hurried to catch up to him. It was a silent and tense ride to the top floor. Mr. Luthor had not made any attempt to talk to the confused young lady and she was left wondering if she would have a job at the end of this.

“I need you to call Dr. Forester,” Lex told her as he threw open the doors of his outer offices. “I want to see him in ten minutes,” he continued as he strolled through his domain and then paused as he stopped just before his own offices. “Nothing that occurs here tonight will not leave this room is that understood,” Lex asked in a menacing tone as his gaze flickered over the clerk’s slightly plump figure.

“Yes sir,” the woman assured him and she scurried to do as he bid.

“And get me the last inventory for Department C,” he continued. “And then call down there and inform them that I want another inventory ran right now. I want that copy before the ink dries.”

Allison wasn’t sure what was going on but she was pretty sure that it was major. Her employer’s every movement screamed a thinly veiled threat of violence. She hurriedly made the calls that he had requested of her. She spotted the coffee maker in one corner and got it started. She wasn’t sure why Mr. Luthor didn’t call in his legions of personal secretaries but his penchant for working late was well known. Ten minutes later she was setting a fresh cup of coffee and the files that he requested down by his elbow as he stared out of the darkened window of his office with a brooding gaze.

I look down at where you're standing
    Flock of sheep all on display
    With all your lies piled up around you
    I can take it all away

“Do you have children,” he asked her in a surprisingly quiet voice. She started at his question. It had become common knowledge within the walls of LuthorCorp that he had a daughter. There were new photographs of a smiling pixie face little girl decorating his credenza.

“Yes I do, two to be exact,” she told him with a soft smile.

“Are you ever afraid for them,” he asked as he grasped his steaming mug and leaned forward.

“Every second of everyday,” she told him obviously puzzled by this line of questioning.

“What do you do,” he asked as he leaned back. His tone was only slightly warmer but the violent energies that had surrounded him still vibrated under the surface of his demeanor.

“I pray that I don’t screw them up,” she told him as honestly as she could.

Something inside of me
    has opened up its eyes
    Why did you put it there?
    Did you not realize
    Something inside of me
    It screams the loudest sound
    Sometimes I think I could

It took hours for Lex to finally finish doing his own personal research but there were still a few pieces of information that he wanted to gather before he went to the police with what he had discovered. He personally supervised his team of scientist as they frantically raced against time for an antidote.
    He fought against the dark side of him that he always struggled to keep down. He wanted nothing more then to hunt down the culprit and brutally destroy the threat to his family. He knew realistically that it was not something that he wanted Savannah to have to see or live with. For the first time in his life he concerned himself with the retribution that his actions would have on another person. He knew that Chloe would be able to rationalize his actions but he hated the thought of his armor being dulled or tarnished in anyway before the burning honest light of his daughter. Lex’s Jiminy Cricket came in the form of a tiny girl with tousled blonde hair and big blue eyes. If anything happened to her he doubted his ability to keep from destroying everything around him.

I'm gonna burn this whole world down
    I never was a part of you
    I am your savior
    I am corruption
    I am the angel
    Of your destruction
    I am perversion
    Secret desire
    I am your future
    Swallowed up in fire

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

WOW, great chapter! Are you getting tired of me saying that? Love that Lex is actually considering what the effects of his revenge would have on Savannah. I really love this story, can't wait for the next update.

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Great another update already I am loving this story but you already know that I look forward to more soon

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was so good. I actually felt the anger from Lex. Good job in conveying that. I am glad he is starting to see the actions he takes will affect his family.
    More please....

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information