+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Runs Dry (NC-17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 11 3/27/06 (NC-17)

Wow, sex & dinner huh. Great update. Is it just Chloe's insecurities keeping her from telling Lex she loves him or something more? Can't wait for the next chapter.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 11 3/27/06 (NC-17)

That was hot!!! Food and sex good combination. But you might want to go back and fix the spelling mistakes you have shit instead of shirt.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Water Runs Dry Chapter 12 4/4/06 (NC-17)

Notes: Thank you two for the feedback. I think I’m writing this like the movie Closer. You only see glimpse in to the past of the couple. Anyhow here is the next part hope you like it.

Chapter 12
    Tell Me (Chloe POV Past)

Chloe rolled over in bed expecting to feel Lex lying next to her then she remember last night he got up in the middle of the night and it appeared he never came back to bed. She tuned over and sat up in the bed and focused on the expensive modern art painting hanging on the wall across from the bed.

In her dazed state she was shocked to see the painting but then remember she wasn't in Metropolis but Smallville in the Luthor mansion.

Going on a year of being with Lex, Chloe was coming accustom to waking up with his hot body pressed up against her and this morning was the fifth time that week she woke up with out him. The past few weeks hadn't been the best for Lex and she was doing her best to be there for him.

Today they would bury Lionel after his struggle for more then two years with liver cancer. It seemed like Lex was ready for this day but when the day came and Lionel passed in his sleep a week ago Lex was crushed by it.

Chloe rolled out of bed and heading to the bathroom thinking she would find Lex but he wasn't there. She turned to the mirror over the sink and there was folded note with her name on it. Rubbing her eyes she opened the letter and knew the hand writing.

Chloe, I couldn't wait for you to wake up. There are a millions things for me to do. I hope you can get a ride with Lois. I'll see you at the church. Lex

The letter was short and cold and he didn't even say he loved her at the end of it. Chloe sighed and placed the letter down knowing it was nothing new for him to not tell her he loved her. He would say it all the time but the last week he wasn't saying it all.

She knew it was because she wasn't saying it back. Going on a year and Chloe still couldn't find the strength to tell Lex she loved him. One second she was with BJ and the next she was taking her clothes of in Lex's kitchen having sex with him.

The first time she had sex with him it was totally up to her. Chloe made the decision to do it before coming to the penthouse that night. That night they talked about him and how he felt but Chloe wasn't as forth coming with the information as Lex.

The past year she tried her best to show she loved and wanted to be with him and it seemed to be enough for him to ask her to move in with him. There was no reason not to since she really wasn't at her place but paying half the rent for it anyway.

Since Lionel's death she assumed Lex was revaluating them living together and wanted to hold off on the move until after the funeral.

It was time Chloe was honest with her self on what was really happening in her life. She was letting her self get swept away by Lex loving her and didn't seem to process her own feelings for him.

What happen with BJ seemed the to happening again with Lex and she was letting him decide while she hid her self behind his choice to love her. It was unsettling and it was weighing on her more and more.

Chloe took the time to shower and get dress in her black dress for the funeral. She called Lois and she agreed to pick her up for the funeral.

The church service went smoothly and now Chloe was sitting out in the fall air next to Lex at the burial site. He didn't sit with her during the church service and hadn't spoken so much as two or three words seen she saw him.
    Chloe was trying to give him his space and let him deal with things in his own way.

There was no way she could know what he was thinking and couldn't start to understand what he was feeling now that his father was gone.

She reached over to hold his hand resting on his lap and he moved it before she could touch him. She study him and he appeared to be little out of it like his body was there but his mind really wasn't.

The minister presiding over the ceremony announced that Lionel wanted his son to say a few words on his behalf. Lex hesitated to get up from his chair but forced him self to stand.

Chloe looked at him and his face was blank. He hadn't cried and she wasn’t expecting him to but he wasn't feeling. Lex adjusted his fall coat, looked up at the crowd in front of him and started his speech.

"I don't know what my father was thinking having me do this but it was what he wanted so I could at least try and do one thing for him now that he's gone." Lex paused and looked black at marble headstone behind him then looked out on the masses that showed up to pay their respects to Lionel Luthor.

"My father was skilled business man, ambitious, and extremely talented in taking nothing and turning it to something. Before he died he told me that he wanted to leave behind one thing for me a legacy to carry on and it would live on long after he died but he said he wasn't leaving what he planned. He said son I'm leaving two things behind disappointments and regrets. So to all of you here that are teary eyed or showing off your somber faces my father is gone and you can stop making a show of it. He didn't care about me and I assure you he cared even less about you. We are nothing more then disappointments and regrets to him." Lex finished talking and walked off from the burial site.

Chloe tried stay seated and not try and stop him from making that speech and couldn't embarrass him with the press not far behind.

Once he made his way out she jumped up from her chair to follow him. He appeared to be sprinting to the limo waiting for him and the press wasn't far behind. Flash bulbs where going off behind her and Chloe couldn't take anymore of their disrespect.

She turned around and put her hands up for them to stop following Lex. "Back off."

One of the men holding his camera high flashed another picture of her. "The press has a right to be here. You’re a reporter you know."

Chloe knew the guy and he was a real asshole. He’s taken enough pictures of her then she could count for the so called paper he worked for and today wasn't the day to add more to his collection. This wasn't news and they had no right to torture a grieving man.

"Don't any of you have any integrity? What if it was your father that died?"

"Well I'm not in the public eye but Mr. Luthor is and his tragedy is front page news especial after his speech." The asshole flashed another picture of her.

Chloe wanted to grab his camera and toss it at the nearest headstone in the cemetery but she wasn’t going to give them another exclusive of Lex Luthor’s girlfriend having an out burst at Lionel Luthor’s funeral.

"If he's in the public eye or not a loss is loss. I can't believe any of you can sleep at night. I would be ashamed to call my self a journalist capitalizing on the pain of others." Chloe walked away from them and they went into and up roar still flashing pictures.

She made it to the limo and let her self in. Lex was sipping from a glass filled with scotch. "That was some speech."

"You think the old man would have been proud?" He said dripping with sarcasm.

Chloe stared at him and realized why he wasn't feeling anything. Lex was drunk and had been all day she just didn't notice until now. "How many of those are you going to have? You still have to face all those people at the mansion you plan on doing it drunk."

Lex put his glass down and finally turned to look at her. "I am not drunk and I don't give a shit who comes to the mansion or not."

"Well you should those people are there to see you. I'm here for you Lex." Chloe tried to touch him again and he moved closer to the edge of the seat.

"Your not here for me Chloe. You don't even love me." Lex picked his glass back up and gulped down the rest.

"Is that why you've been treating me like I don't exist." Chloe could feel her stomach starting to tighten. She avoid this for so long and didn't think today was the day to bring it up.

"I have been thinking a lot about my life since my father died and I don't think I want you to move in with me the way things are." He turned his attention away from her staring down into his glass.

"Oh... what has changed? You don't love me anymore." The words seem to come out in sobs. She adjusted her life with Lex in it and didn't think she could just let him go after having him for so long.

"Me loving you is not the problem Chloe. It's going on a year and I'm still waiting to hear you say you love me back. I have been more then patient in waiting. I know you care about me. I know you enjoy fucking me. I know you love to argue with me but I need more then that. I won't keep telling you I love you, telling you how I feel then have you giving me nothing in return."

Chloe stomach lurched and she felt tears starting to well up in her eyes. "What are you saying Lex?" It was really hard for her to believe sometimes that heartless, cold, ruthless, Lex Luthor was really in love with her since she was teenager but now he seemed be taking it back.

"I'm saying you start telling me the truth about how you feel about me or you don't move in and we stop seeing each other." He was distant in his voice and his words seemed to be final.

"I can't believe your doing this. I thought we were doing fine." Chloe knew they weren’t doing fine but to hear him actually say the words made her lunching in her stomach move to her chest threatening to become dry heaves.

"Believe it Chloe. Do you know much it hurts to say I love you and not hear it back? Whatever’s going on with you I don't know? Is it you want to tell me and just to scared to or you just don’t love me at all and never well learn to love me. “

Lex reached over to open the door. “I want to be alone can you ride with Lois. We can talk about this some other time I have lot more on mind today then just this."

Chloe didn’t have anything else to say. She wasn't ready to tell him she loved him but she wasn't ready to say good bye either.

"This cake is good. You want some Chlo." Lois presented the plate to Chloe offering her the fork.

Chloe turned her attention away from Lex crowded by people to look at Lois. "No thanks on a diet."

"What the hell for? You look...." Lois trailed off and she interrupted her.

"I would look better if I shed fifthteen pounds." Chloe let her gaze wonder back to Lex who noticed her looking at him and he turned his back to her.

"Hey where did you go? Did you hear what I just said?" Lois waved her hand in front of her face getting her attention back.

Chloe didn't hear what she said and was trapped in her thoughts. "Sorry what did you say?"

"How is Lex holding up?" Lois repeated it slowly like she couldn’t hear.

"Not that good." Chloe need to talk to someone and the crowded study wasn't the place to do it. "Come with me out back a sec.

Lois put her plate down one of the tables set up with food and left the memorial service to go out the side exit leading to the back of the mansion.

Once they were settled outside Chloe tried to get Lois' advice on what to do about what Lex said in the limo. "Lex doesn't want me to move in anymore."

"Why not? Is it because Lionel's gone now? He's shutting down on you that much?" Lois looked behind them making sure no one followed them.

"It's not just Lionel. He said that I either start telling him the truth about how I feel or he wants to end things with us."

Lois shrugged her shoulders shaking her head. "For once I agree with the guy."

"Lois what do mean by that." Chloe screwed up her face and didn’t need this. She need some advice.

"If I was Lex I'd want know to heck I'm not Lex and I want to know."

"Lois he knows how I feel."

"Does he Chloe? I mean really does he know? Are you in love with Lex?" Lois glared at her searching for the truth in her eyes.

It was a simple question and after a year it should have a simple answer but Chloe wasn't ready to answer it. Somehow she managed to dodge most of her problems with Lex by keeping him at arms length.

Staying away from obvious stories that involved Luthor Corp, not forcing him to tell her everything about his life, not mentioning anything that happened in Smallville, and that meant a tight lid was kept on Clark’s secret. Somehow she kept a tight hold on these things and she was also bottling up her feelings.

Chloe cleared her throat and tried to answer the question. "I care about him and..."

Lois stopped her before she could make her excuse. "Great you care but Chloe I don't think that's what he wants. He loves you and no one wants to hear that you care about them when they are in love with you. You have to start being honest not only with Lex but your self. Have you been with him the past year to have sex and your moving in with him so your supply is on tap or you really want to share your life with him. It's a pretty straight forward question. Are you in love with Lex Luthor?"

Chloe didn’t want to talk about this anymore. She thought it would help but it was only making her more frustrated with her self. “We should go back its cold out here.”

Lois turned to go back into the mansion. “You can avoid me and not answer but you can’t avoid him.”

The guest filed out for the mansion and Lex was no where to be seen. Chloe told Lois to just leave and she would stay at the mansion like she planned. Even though Lex wasn't talking to her not even looking at her she had to stay with him.

She assumed he was hiding out where is was the day before in the library and made her way there. The house was so cold and lot of it was covered since Lex hadn't stayed it for more then four years. Chloe walked into the open door of the library and Lex was sitting facing the stain glass window on a leather sofa in the center of the room.

"I think everyone is gone now." She waited for an answer and didn't get one. Chloe walked in to stand next to him sitting on the sofa. "I can stay if you want me to. I know it's been a long day for you and I want to be here if you need me."

"You can stay." Lex answered but didn’t turn to look at her.

"Good. I was going to take a shower and do some reading if you want to come with me to the bedroom or..."

He cut her off before she could make a another suggestion to him. “"I'll be up in a minute can you just give me sometime to my self."

Chloe nodded and reached to touch him but he backed away from her hand. "I'm here if you need me. I can do anything you want you just have to tell me what you want."

Still no answer Chloe assumed this conversation was over and she let me him be to go up stairs to the bedroom.

Chloe jumped in the shower and attempted to think about the answer to Lois’ question. What was making it so hard keeping her from telling Lex she loved him?

There was no way what was happening with him was like it was with Clark. She was younger and completely in love with the idea of Clark. His perfection definitely wore off over the years and she realized Clark was nothing more then big brother material.

BJ was something else and she could never put her finger on why they stayed together so long. When he told her that she never really settled in the relationship he was right. They had a good time together but there was something keeping them from really being together.

Chloe got out of the shower and got a glimpse of her naked body in the mirror. Her hair was getting longer and her waist seemed to be getting wider. She lost a few pounds the first few months when things started with Lex but the longer she was with him the worst she felt about her body. He never seemed to have a problem with it but Chloe had made it up in her mind that she wasn’t the right shape for him.

She grabbed a robe from the back door of the bathroom to hide her insecurities from sight. She hooked up the blow dryer and used it enough to get her hair semi-dry.

Has she worked on her hair Chloe let her self think about all the times since the first time she was with Lex at the coffee house. How they become more then friends before she could blink and lovers before she could stop her self from touching him.

Lex was right she did enjoy being with him, fighting with him, having sex with him and didn’t want to do those things with anyone else but she didn’t couldn’t let go of the fear of saying I love you.

Once he knew that she was in love with him she was afraid that she would be losing something. That her life was to love Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan would just fade away.

She finished her hair then walked out of the bathroom and found Lex sitting on the bed.

"What is it Chloe?" Lex said to her standing up to walk over to her.

"Lex are you ok?" Chloe could see his cheeks were a little rosy and it had to be from the drinking.

Lex let out a aggravated sigh and walked closer to her. "I'm fine I’m no were near drunk if that’s what your getting at now answer the question."

"What is what?" Chloe said knowing what he meant.

He was standing in front of her and placed his head at her cheek. “What is it about me you can’t seem to… seem to… seem to love back?” He started and restarted forcing the words out.

Chloe gulped and didn’t know what was going on but he wasn’t being himself. "I guess I am scared."

"Of what exactly?” She heard him speak and now that he was so close she could smell the scotch on his breath.

She felt the tears from before resurfacing and the clinching in her belly return. There was nothing she could do for him right now while he grieved.

The only thing left was to tell him the truth. “I’m afraid of losing my self. That I’ll get lost in loving you and I want be able to be me.”

Lex let his hand moved to her hair tucking the damp stands behind her ear. “I want you to be your self. I fell in love with who you are. I’m not asking for you to love me and lose who you are. I’m just asking you to love me if that’s what you feel.”

There was no holding in her tears this time and Chloe let a few trickle down her cheek. Lex brushed them away pulling her into his arms.

“I don’t want to hurt you. You’ve been hurt enough and you will never get to tell your father all things that….” Chloe heaved in has arms. He was still in his suit and her tears soaked his tie.

Whatever was happening she was just mumbling in his chest feeling helpless wanting to give him what he need that day.

"I will deal with the loss of my father. I thought I was ready for this day and today it all caught up with me and I made that ridiculous speech. I know I have been avoiding you because I wanted to think about what this year has meant to me. How hard it was for me to let everything go and just be honest with you. I realized that it must be hard for you too.”

Chloe resting in his chest stiffed a few times and got her tears under control listening to him talk to her resting his head on hers. “I just don’t think you really want me.” She moved to look up at him. Her puffy eyes stared into his blue grey ones and it was all so simple now.

"I don't want anything but you. I don't think you understand that. I just want Chloe. I love you I want you be able to love me back."

The words rang in hear ears it was first time all week he told her he loved her. It seemed so easy for him to say and it made her feel so bad for not telling him all this time. "I'm sorry. I am just so lost in all this."

“You don’t have to be lost you can be with me we can find our way together. Tell me Chloe. Tell me the truth. Do you love me?" Lex held her face in hands waiting for his answers "Please tell me..."

He really need to hear it and Chloe really need to let it go. All her fears and uncertainty were going to lose Lex if she didn’t tell him. "I love you Lex. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner."

He pulled her to him letting his out a sigh and she felt his body stiffen then relax again cradling her in his chest. “Did you really mean what you said about giving me anything I want?”

Chloe let her self go and was glad she finally told him the truth and it was the truth there was no one she wanted to be with more then Lex in all her life. “Yes of course whatever you want.”

“I want you to let me… I can’t ask this but I feel completely out of control and need to be…”

Chloe placed her finger over his lips. “You need to feel like your in control and you want me to do what you want.”

Lex nodded a few times and lowered his head as if he was ashamed. “I understand it’s ok tell me what you want Lex.” Chloe moved her body closer to his letting her hand move around his neck.

“Take off your robe.” Lex pulled on the strap holding the robe together.

She pulled the robed off dropping it to the floor and his hands went all over her exploring her naked body making her quiver as he touched her.

“Undress me.” He said. Chloe looked at him and he was serious about this being in control.

She pulled of his suit jacket then yanked down his tie to pull it over his head. Chloe started to work on the buttons of his dress shirt and felt the need to pull it open so she yanked at it exposing his bare chest to her. She leaned in to him kissing the middle of him kissing her way down his body to his abs to the start of his pants.

She fumbled with this belt until it was undone then quickly undid his pants. Now she could pull them down taking his boxers with them and Chloe kissed her way to down until she was on her knees and his semi erect cock was in her hands.

She looked up at him and he was looking down on her. He was breathing harder then before and as she held him she could feel him getting stiffer.

“Get up.” Lex helped her off the floor. “I want you on the bed.”

Chloe slowly walked over to the bed and laid down on the soft sheets resting her head on the pillows. She watch him get the rest of his clothes off and he laid down next to her on the bed his member pushing in to her hip.

“Do you want me to…” Chloe reached down to him taking him back in her hand and started to slid down to him.

Lex pulled her hand off him. “No, I want you to show me how you touch your self.”

Chloe didn’t understand what he was trying to do but she let her hand gild down her body to her heat. She did want she would normally do and rubbed over her self. She looked over at him and was grinning at her enjoying watching her.

Lex didn’t motion to touch her but he did move his hand to her legs opening them wider. “Look at me while you do it. I don’t want you stop looking at me.”

She turned to look at him then let her finger move over clit. His gaze was getting her hot and his cock pushing into her side was making her ache for it at her center. Chloe pushed into her clit then rubbed it franticly working her self up starting to drip out on to the bed.

“Huh, huh, Lex, please.” She panted out to him needing him to touch her to do anything but just watch,.

“Tell me what you want.” Lex brushed his hand over her breast then moved to pinch her nipple leaving her with a stinging sensation.

“I want this.” Chloe moved her hand to his cock and she felt it twitch once she moved down the shaft.

Lex moved her hand away from him. “No, tell me first.” He leaned into the nipple he was pinching in his hand.

Chloe rubbed over her clit trying to keep up everything he asked looking at him. She was grunting and pushing up in to her hand trying to get him to understand.

Lex still licking over her nipple let his tongue lick a line to the other. He pushed down her pelvis with one hand and bit on the nipple in his mouth. “I said tell me first.”

She knew he wanted her to beg and that he need it for whatever reason to tonight. “I want your cock Lex. Please” She added the please and groaned as she felt tingles go through her body from her clit to her nipple still resting in his mouth.

“Are you wet? Let me feel how much you want me inside you.” Lex moved down her body and was between her legs moving her hand away stopping her ministration.

She heard him breathe in her scent then felt his tongue lick at the juice leaking from her entrance. Then a finger slipped into her and Chloe’s head went back and she let of a long hiss needing friction there dying for him to release her.

He lick a line to her swollen nub of flesh licking over it now exposed from its hood. Chloe’s tingles turned into ache and she need him inside her. “Lex your cock please. You said if…”

Before she could finish he was over her and his hard member made its way inside her. Condoms where a thing of the pass and she could feel every ripple of his length in side her.

“Is this what you want?” She looked up at him and his nostrils where flared and he was taking in some air.

“Yes. Move please Lex.” Chloe rocked up in to him and Lex took hold of her arms now warped around him.

He held on to her wrist one in each hand. “I want you to fuck me like this. Come on do it .” He pushed her wrists down in to the bed waiting for her to thrust up into him again.

She did what he wanted and thrust up then back again. Her channel was slick and she welcomed him into her deeper shifting her legs up on him thrusting up in to him faster.

“Yeah that’s it Chloe fuck me faster" Lex’s eyes where still on her his face cringed and his mouth slightly open letting out grunts as she worked him over.

Chloe bucked up in to him faster using all the force of her hips slapping there flesh together. She looked up at him unable to move her eyes away from his. He held him self ridge letting her do this for him.

Chloe legs started aching and she was getting closer to her release but need him to work with her. “Lex please… you to”

She struggled in his grip and tried to get her hands back put he tightened down on her. He took in harsh breaths grunting every time she moved up.

“You have to tell me what you want.” He mumbled to her. It was obvious he was trying not move and was having a hard time.

Chloe moaned helplessly bucking up in to him wildly and she let go for the moment giving in to what he wanted. “Fuck me already. Please I need you to fuck me to.”

“Tell me what you want again.” Lex meet her at one thrust then his body went stiff again after giving her a taste of what she wanted.

“I need you Lex please I need you to fuck me.” She was going to begging if she had to.

Lex pushed her wrists down into the bed and started to meet her thrust. He was jerking at her hard taking over the rhythm. “Tell me this is what you want?”

“Yes, yes.” Chloe panted out to him her face contorted but her eyes on him and his on her.

“Tell me what you need.” He was in compete control of his voice until she moved her legs up him higher getting him to go deeper. Lex couldn't keep from roaring at the new depth slamming into her hard.

“This just this.” Chloe choked out now letting her head fall back unable to look at him. She fisted her hands in his grasp and her knuckles where red. He wasn’t holding back his hips swiftly moving in and out her of and Chloe was going to come for him.

“Come for me.” Lex groaned out to her.

“Yeah, for you, coming for you.” Chloe closed her eyes and bucked up in to him one last time arching her self under him shuddering beneath him. She moved her body back to the bed and he was still thrusting into her and gave her few more hard pushes until he pushed himself into her as far as he could go letting out a her name releasing himself.

Lex's body finally relaxed and he toppled over on her letting go of her wrists. He moved to roll them over on their side and his soft cock slid out of her. Chloe was in his arms and he she was taking in the air around them looking at him.

“Tell me Chloe.” Lex looked at her intently waiting to hear what he need to hear for a year since the first time he told her.

“I love you Lex.” She said to him leaning over to cover her mouth on his. She told him and it was what he always wanted to hear.

Chapter 13
    Business as Usually (Lex POV present)

(hey lurker I see you give me some feedback please)

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 12 4/4/06 (NC-17)

That was HOT!! I am glad she let go of her fears and tell him she loves him. I can't wait until the new chapter.

Hope

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

WOW!!!! Gotta love Lois, finally getting Chloe to think about whether she loves Lex or not. Glad it was Yes. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

Talking Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 12 4/4/06 (NC-17)

this is a great story!

NS Full Member

Okay, I've finally caught up with this story. The latest chapter was intense! Emotionally...and smut-wise as well. Eagerly awaiting the next update!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Water Runs Dry Chapter 13 4/13/06 (NC-17)

Notes: I guess I have avoided updating this because I have other fics going people seem to like more. I like this one myself so I always think about it. Look out for If Looks Could Kill update next. So to those that like it thanks for reading and here is the next part.

Chapter 13
    Business as Usually (Lex POV present)

“Tell me what you know about the Joseph Lucas trial.” Chloe stood in the foyer of the penthouse and looked at Lex peering at him waiting for her answer.

Lex took a few steps back and he was feeling warm and tender when she came to see him now that was gone. He ignored her the other night when she mentioned the case. He was far to aroused to think about anything at that point other then finding his release in Chloe’s arms.

He was working and completely not focused on it thinking about last night and the morning before she left. It was like she never left him all those months ago but here they where back doing the same old thing. It appeared to Lex to be business as usually when it came to the two of them.

Only this time he would have to make it right. He couldn’t end up like before and he would have to make the first move knowing he was the one that put Joseph Lucas in jail.

“Come with me to my office.” Lex said to her.

Chloe's lips where tight and her jaw was clinched and he could see that she was up set but she just needed to give him time to explain. “Are you going to tell me the truth?” She grunted at him following behind him walking towards the study.

Lex paused to look at her and she really lost a lot of faith in his character when they broke up. She really thought he was becoming Lionel and he didn’t see that she believed it until that moment looking at her.

“Of course I’m going to tell you the truth Chloe.”

Chloe didn’t seem moved by what he said. “Why didn’t you say something about it last night? You just wanted to fuck and you thought I would just forget about it.”

“NO!” Lex's voice was wavering and he knew she was trying to make this a fight when it didn’t have to be. After six years and she could still push all of his buttons to change his emotions at the drop of a hat.

“Just come with me to my office and I will explain everything.” Lex turned to walk to his office with Chloe following behind him.

“Take a seat.” He said to her pointing to a chair in front of his desk.

He tried to carbon copy the office to the one he had in Metropolis. Several important files and documents had to be copied and transferred with him. He had to have some kind of order to all of it so business could run smoothly.

Lex moved to a large file cabinet behind his desk to find the Joseph Lucas case file. It was one of the first things he took care of when he got to New York. The company Lucas worked for was looking to put out the drug he worked on for years and he had to stop them.

He did take some less then legal measures but that wasn’t the end of it. “Here take a look at this.” Lex pulled out the file then handed it over to Chloe.

“What is this suppose to be.” Chloe started flipping through the thick file.

“It’s your cover story. It’s what you want to know.” Lex said to her moving back around the desk to sit next her.

“I don’t understand. You know that Mr. Lucas is going to jail and your ok with that?” Chloe raised her eyebrows when she settled on one of the papers in the file.

“You found it.” Lex took the page from her and held it up to her. “This is the Luthor Corp file showing that we are taking on Mr. Lucas' case free of charge without his knowledge. This won’t go to trial Chloe. He’ll be out in a month.”

“I’m sorry you’re going to have to break this down for me Lex. Why would you help him get free when you worked so hard to put him in jail?” Chloe looked at him her bright green eyes staring at him.

“It’s all really simple Chloe. I wanted the company out fo the way. We found a loop hole and we took advantage of it. He didn’t take the money but I need it to look like he did while Luthor Corp took care of the rest. I never meant for him to be in jail for very long. It well all look like a massive computer error and he won’t be held accountable.”

Lex explained but didn’t think it would make any sense to her. It was a huge plot to get what he wanted. The drug was approved and ready to go he just needed to get rid of the competition.

He waited for her to say something anything but she was just flipping through the file. “Chloe did you hear me.”

She turned in her seat closing the file to look at him. “I understand. I just don’t know why you told me.”

“Because you asked. What reason would I have to lie to you?” Lex held the paper out for her to take.

“Last time we were at this place this didn’t go so smoothly.” Chloe took the paper from him to return it to the file.

“I know that. That’s why I’m telling you the truth now. If we are going to work out then I can’t lie to you.” Lex titled his head towards trying to get her attention. “If you want to write the story I won’t be upset. At this point any press…”

“Is good press to promote the drug.” Chloe finished for him.

“Yes.” Lex placed his hand on her shoulder rubbing is gently.

“What if this happens again and the press won’t be so good?” She finally looked at him with concerned eyes.

“Then I’ll tell you the truth. There are a lot of stories out there and I know Luthor Corp stories look appealing to you. Work is important to me you know that and I know how important work is to you. I say this now knowing that something like this would happen and I rather we talk about and be honest then me getting up set over it.”

Chloe placed her hand over his on her shoulder. “What happened to Lex? Did you leave him in Metropolis?”

Lex grinned at her as she smirked at him. “I’m right here I have always been here. Before I was making it my business to keep you out of mine because I didn’t want you in it getting hurt by it somehow or taking on more then you can handle but now I have to trust you as the intellect journalist you are and let you decide what to write.”

“Is that Dr. Dunkin talking?” Chloe handed the file back to him.

That was something from one of his session with Dr. Dunkin but he came to the conclusion on is own. “She may have helped.”

“I am not writing the story. I won’t get into your business. If there is something that I think I can’t get away from then we can talk about it but as a rule I want you to know I won’t do what I did last time.” Chloe moved out her seat to stand in front of him.

“I want this to work as much as you do. I’m sorry I came here demanding answers.” Chloe moved his hands out of the way and rested on his lap. “I want to trust you and I have to give you a chance to let that happen.”

Lex adjusted in his seat feeling her settle on him. If he wasn’t mistaken she was coming on to him. “What are you doing?” Lex dropped the file.

“I don’t know I think you said something about a distraction when I got here.” Chloe grabbed the collar of his shirt pulling him to her and her lips about to touch his. “But I have to go find a new story.”

She jumped up from his lap and Lex almost let out a wimpier. “That was very wrong of you to do.”

He watched her adjust her suit getting her self ready to leave. “I didn’t see anything wrong with it.” She was about to walk out the office.

Lex stopped her from moving to far bringing her back to sit with him. “You’re not just going to leave like that.” She flopped down on him and Lex caught her mouth sliding his tongue into hers.

Chloe moved her hands to his head clawing at him bringing him closer to her. Lex got a flash of the first time they where together like this in his kitchen and was hoping for a repeat performance. He brought his hands around her tightening his grip.

“I have to go” Chloe said against his mouth. “I can stop by later.”
    Lex moved a hand to go up her skirt and she grabbed his wrist pulling away from him. “I really have to go.”

“Promise to come by later and finish this.” Lex let go of her lips resting his head on hers. He was getting harder by the second.

Chloe worked her way out of his arms. “I promise.” She gave him quick peak on the lips and Lex let her leave for now.

He thought he did the right thing but again he felt like the only one changing.

“Why is possession so important to you Lex?” Dr. Dunkin was slightly delayed in her response to Lex over the web cam.

“I never said anything about possession.” Lex replied to her.

Three months had pasted and Lex was still seeing Dr. Dunkin. They where getting through a lot of issues but one thing he still hadn’t touched on were his father. Lex made sure to avoid it and that was business as usually for him. Since Lionel died he rarely spoke of him and felt completely uncomfortable when someone else did.

Now they where trying get at his initial obsession with Chloe. When they where together he hated other man looking at her and was almost possessed to break any man’s arms that tried to touch her. He didn’t see it as possession but Dr. Dunkin was trying to convince him other wise.

The reasons he had Chloe followed in the beginning, why he needed her to tell him she loved him so much when they where close, and his real reason for moving to New York where all signs of his need to completely own her.

“Lex hear me out.” Dr. Dunkin said. “I’m not saying you don’t love her. It’s obvious to me you do but I am saying you can’t own her because of it.”

“I don’t want to own her.” Lex tried to say convincingly. “I never said…”

“Ok, ok, let’s break it down to the bare bones Lex.” Dr. Dunkin always said this when they where at a stand still and he hated it because she usually ended up being right.

“When your father died what was your initially reaction. I’m not talking now after you had time to grieve but as soon as you found out.”

“What does my father have to do with anything” Lex answered trying to avoid the question.

“Come on go with me here.” He could see Dr. Dunkin leaning in her chair on the screen in her office.

Lex tried to think of it and knew what he was feeling. “I was relieved.”

“Why?”

“Because he was gone and I didn’t have to worry about him meddling in my life anymore.”

“Did you feel your father controlled your actions in some way?”

Lex scoffed at the question. “Yes he had complete control over the choices I made in life personal or business.”

“How did that make you feel for him to have that much control over you?”

“I hated it. I wanted a father and I got him. I wanted to feel like he loved me and was proud of me but whatever I did was never good enough so I tried but I never got what I wanted from him.” Lex was running through this and he was getting more up set after each of Dr. Dunkin questions.

“Do you feel like he still possesses a part of you because you never got what you wanted from him?”

“Yes, I will always think I’m not good enough for him.”

“Lex what about Chloe why is it so important for you to have her tell her she loves you, have her act as if no other man exist in the world other then you, and you had to have her in your life even if you had to move to a new city to do it?”

Lex could see what she was getting at. He could see it and didn’t want to see it. His need to feel like someone loved him was so strong. He had two people in his life that he truly felt loved him; his mother and Chloe. His need for love from Chloe appeared to drive him to want to complete own ship over her and never letting that love be for anyone else but him.

“I want her to love me and I guess in some twisted way that turned in to me having to posses her.” Lex admitted it and his head started to run through all the times he yelled at her, turned off on her and pushed her away because things weren’t exactly the way he wanted. Lex placed his hand at his forehead rubbing over it.

“We can stop if you want to Lex.” Dr. Dunkin said to him.

“Thank you I would like to stop.” Lex looked back at the screen so she could see him over the web cam.

“Ok just let me leave you with this. Maybe the reason Chloe hasn’t put a name to what’s going on with the two of you now is because she doesn’t want to feel like you rule over her the way you feel like your father rules over you even in death.”

It was a stretch but Lex saw the correlations. “I’ll think about that Dr. Dunkin.”

“I hope you do. See you next time. I must say this over the net session could do wonders for my business.”

“Well I’m happy to help.” Lex said his good byes then clicked the web cam connection off.

He did want Chloe to define what was going on with them but not at the cost of her feeling like she would lose her self with him. He didn’t wish the scares his father left him on anybody.

“I liked the play.” Lex watched Chloe pull the covers back to her bed then she buried her self under the comforter.

The past three months Lex rarely slept alone and they both made compromises on where to sleep. Lex was way uptown and Chloe couldn’t always sleep over with him tonight being one of those nights.

It was the day after his long talk with Dr. Dunkin. He was trying to see things from Chloe’s point a view and not let his need for her to love him control her.

“The songs were all off key.” Lex moved to sit on the bed then pulled off the t-shirt he was still wearing.

“Well I guess the lead singer did have her work cut out for her but it was a good show.”

He could feel her reaching over to him wrapping her arms around him. Lex looked back over his shoulder and she was still laying the bed snuggling her cheek against his back.

“I guess you liked it. You did cry.”

“I wasn’t crying.” She said jerking away from him. “I may have shed a few tears but I wasn’t crying.”

Lex turned around to her. He just found out he would have to leave for a few weeks to go to Japan. With things going so well he didn’t see the point in not asking her to go with him. “I know we are not exactly defined yet about where we stand but I have a trip I have to go on…”

“What do mean where not defined yet. Are you seeing someone else?” Chloe almost jumped out of the bed taking all the covers with her.

Lex moved to take her hand fisted at her side. “No. Are you?”

“No!” She huffed and took her hand away from him. “We are back together if that isn’t obvious to you by now.”

“I didn’t know that Chloe. You never said anything to me. In fact you didn’t want to define it.” Lex could see her getting angry and didn’t know why she was. “I can’t guess what you’re thinking you have to tell me.” His words came out harsher then they should have.

He watched her relax her hands and moved to place one his bare chest. “I’m sorry. Things have felt so natural the past three months I just assumed that we were back together.”

“I’m trying not to push you but it would be nice to hear you say it.”

“Sorry. We are together again and you better not be seeing anyone else.” She poked his chest making her point.

“Are you going to answer my question about going with me on this trip?”

Chloe moved to lay back in the bed. “Where are you going and for how long.”

“Tokyo for about four days.” Lex laid back in the bed next to her. He looked over at her thinking it over.

“How busy are you going to be? I won’t go if I never see you.” Chloe turned on her side in the bed.

“I promise all my meetings are in the morning. The rest of the time I can be with you.”

“What I’m going to do about not knowing Japanese?”

“I know Japanese. What's with all these questions? If you don’t want to go then just say so.” Lex turned away from her pulling the covers down to get under them.

Chloe rolled her eyes at him.” I never said no.” Chloe scooted closer to him in the bed reaching for his chest. “You’re so tense tonight.”

“I’m not tense just a little frustrated.” Lex tried to squirm under her hand and get it away from him.

Chloe moved closer to him whispering in his ear. “Let me help you loosen up.” The silk pajama set she was wearing brushed up against him.

Lex could feel her hand gliding down his chest reaching down into his pants. “Chloe you don’t have to do that.”

She moved over him pulling the covers back. “You never want me to do this. Just let me do this for you.” Chloe kissed him sliding her tongue over his lips then slipping into his mouth.

“Let me do something for you.” She said and Lex could see her sinking down his body with her hand in his pants. She moved to pull them down yanking the pants off his legs.

“Chloe you don’t have to…” Lex could see her hold his member in her hands and the smirk on her face. She wasn’t going to stop and he knew why.

He never wanted her to do this after the first time. He was completely out of control and it ended very badly with her chocking. Lex didn’t like losing that much control of him self but any time she would do it he had to force himself to keep still.

Lex sucked in a breath of air feeling her tongue move over the tip of his cock. He closed his eyes knowing this would be easier if he didn’t look.

“Lex look at me. I don’t want you to do what you always do. Just let go its ok.” Lex opened his eyes slowly to look down at her hovering over him.

She wanted to do this for him and he had to accept it. He saw her tongue go back to the tip of him and he let out a hiss as she teased him. She was holding the base of is cock and Lex went completely stiff in her mouth as she closed her lips around him sinking down his shaft.

Lex grabbed the sheets and wanted to put his hands on her head to move her the way he need her. She lifted up off him and her tongue twirled around him as she moved up. A growl left him and he couldn’t do this.

“Chloe stop.” He reached down to move her way from him.

She looked up at him still holding on to him. “Let me do this. I want to just let go.” Before he could stop her she took all of him into her mouth again.

“Fuck” Lex groaned clutching at the sheets on either side of him. Her head boded up and down him. He wanted to push up, he had to she told him to let go so he did. Lex made small thrust into her mouth and let go of the sheets then both his hand went to her head.

He moved her over him faster getting what he wanted. He could her hear her lips smacking over his flesh then her hands digging in to his thighs. He looked down at her giving this to him. His hips pushed up into her hitting the back of her throat.

Lex was laying on the bed when they started but some how he moved up fisting Chloe’s hair in his hands letting her move over him faster sucking on him harder. He bucked up into her grunting, saying her name and he let go of the tension in his body to come inside her mouth. Chloe tighten on him sucking and swallowing his release.

Lex feel back on the pillows taking in a deep breaths. Chloe gave him a few calming stokes then moved next to him. “Now don’t you feel better?”

“Yes” Lex exhaled his answers pulling her down to him. He wanted her tosay she loved him it was the ultimate rush for him after he had an orgasm to hear it but he let it go.

“You didn’t say tell me .” Chloe said to him resting on his chest.

“I love you Chloe you can say it back if you feel like it.” Lex wanted to hear it need to hear but wasn’t going to beg for it like he always did.

“I love you Lex. I would love to go to Japan with you.” She snuggled against him.

Lex closed his eyes settling in his orgasm and hearing what he needed. Tonight was nothing like the usual.

TBC

Chapter 14
    Konichiwa (Chloe POV present)

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 13 4/13/06 (NC-17)

that was so good. i was hoping that lex would be able to loosen up a little and not be so needy. i love the way his shrink just has his number so well. nice work.

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 13 4/13/06 (NC-17)

Oh that was good. I am so glad Lex is seeing his therapist still. I think Chloe and him would benefit if they would both go to her. It will help them to better understand eachother. The little smut was good.

Hope

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information