Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Runs Dry (NC-17)

Re: Water Runs Dry NC-17 2/11/06 Chapter 3

interesting story, can't wait for more

Re: Water Runs Dry NC-17 2/11/06 Chapter 3

Update soon, please

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Water Runs Dry NC-17 2/18/06 Chapter 4

Thank you for the feed back. I will be moving about the SV storyline as I please. So don't look for me to be to strict with it. More Feedback Please

Chapter 4
    Lunch (Chloe POV past)

“Yeah I know its amazing.” Chloe was talking to Lois on her cell as she set up her new desk in the Daily Planet office.

After they printed her article about the new pharmaceutical company Luthor Crop acquired they couldn’t keep her in the basement anymore. She wasn’t in the bull pin yet but at least she was out of the want ads and classifieds.

She put a picture of her boyfriend Benjamin Jensen and her on her desk next to her huge coffee mug while Lois ranted about how jealous she was moving she was up in the world of journalism.

“Can’t believe your headlining already. You’re not even done with college yet.” Lois grunted into the phone and continued. “I will be at this thrid rate paper forever.”

Lois started getting into journalism the past year and hated that Chloe was so far ahead of her. “I have been doing this for years. I was editor at my high school paper and for two years at Met U. You will be at the Daily Planet before you know it. You just need that perfect story.”

Chloe took out her file folder of potential stories and that was the last item in her box she need to move.

“To bad I don’t have Lex Luthor giving me an exclusive.” Lois said huffing into the receiver.

“I could have gotten on the front page without the interview. My research was solid and I had more on the company then any other reporter.” Chloe knew that she could have gotten in the paper without the interview but it did help.

After the press conference Lex did give her a lot of information that no one could have gotten. She didn’t know why he told her the truth but did turn a 15th page story into a headliner.

“Ok fine you are a goddess when it comes to reporting. Hold on someone is at the door.” Chloe heard Lois put the phone down and walk away.

Chloe tapped her fingers on the desk flipping through her lead file when Lois came back. “What the fuck did you do when you had coffee with Lex Luthor.”

Chloe was taken back by the question and had no clue what she meant since her and Lois already talked about the interview. “What the hell is that suppose to mean. We had coffee and he answered some questions.”

Lois huffed into the phone. “Well you must have done something he liked because he just dropped off a bunch of flowers for you.”

“What! How do you know there not from BJ congratulating me on the story?” Chloe didn’t believe Lois. Benjamin or as she called him BJ still hadn’t told her congratulation and she assumed the flowers were from him. Lois was just trying to get a rise out of her.

“I know they are from him because I read the card.” Lois said then stiffed “They smell nice.”

“So you’re reading my mail now. At least read me the card.” Chloe was interested in what this card had to say. Lex was acting really strange at the end of the interview and Chloe felt like he was attracted to her but she pushed the thought out of her mind.

She thought she was an idiot for thinking Lex Luthor was attracted to Chloe Sullivan.

She been with BJ since last semester and other then him and a really bad one night stand freshmen year Chloe didn’t know of another man that was interested in her. Of course there was the occasionally glance but Lex was really obvious in the way he was acting.

He almost frowned when she said that she was dating BJ and he couldn’t stop looking at her breast the entire interview.

“Ok he said…Thanks for the gentle interpretation. I hope you get out the basement. All the best Lex… That sounds like something else happen to me.” Lois said huffing again into the phone.

“Well nothing happened.” Chloe thought the gesture was nice but it didn’t make any sense as to why Lex Luthor would send her flowers.

“How did he know you were in the basement at the Planet?” Lois wasn’t letting this go.

Chloe failed to mention that they had a short conversation after the interview was over. She didn’t know why he wanted to know about her life but she was hoping to get some insight into his.

There was still some much unsettled between the two of them she felt. At one time she would have called him her friend but after the second meteor shower and the year leading up to it she no longer felt that way.

Before he left Smallville they had one last talk about him wanting to know Clark’s secret but Chloe wasn’t going to tell him. She would never betray Clark’s trust.

The past three years she let Lex fade away in her mind and moved on with her life not worrying if Lex Luthor was tailing her to find the truth.

After he moved to Metropolis Chloe thought she would see him but it was big city and she never seemed to cross pathways with him again but she knew one day an article would lead her straight to him.

Seeing him yesterday and talking to him reminded her of why she would call him a friend.

“We talked a little after the interview.” Chloe sighed knowing Lois was going to tear into her for not telling her everything.

Lois let out another huff. “Ok nothing happen! Why didn’t you tell me that? What did you talk about? As your roommate and cousin you have to tell me everything.”

Chloe laughed into the receiver and tried to get out of this conversation. “Why do I need to tell you anything? You can read my mail and snoop through my things. I gotta go Lo work to do if I want to keep this new desk.”

She said good bye and click off her cell before Lois could protest. She would just deal with her when she got home.

Chloe was happy with her life for a change and really didn’t want anything to rock the boat. She was almost finished with school, already moving one step closer to her dream at the Daily Planet, she had a steady friend base, and she had someone in her life that cared about her.

Lex Luthor sending her flowers just jumbled things in her mind.

Chloe tried doing some research on one of her leads on the computer but she just kept thinking about those damn flowers. What did it mean, why he sent them, why was he acting so strange yesterday? These thoughts keep running through her head and she had to force them down and the fact that she was sort of hoping to see him again.

For some reason Lex Luthor was such a mystery and she wanted to figure him out.

There was a little attraction on her part to him but what could she have done about it. She was a high school girl when she meet him and when she was of age and thought things would happen Lex never seemed interested. There was no reason for him to want her and the idea was sealed in her mind when he started to chase after Lana Lang after her summer in hiding.

Chloe didn’t think about Lex that way every again and gave up on her obsession with Clark hoping to find someone that wanted her but now that Lex had popped up all those old feelings started to pop up. He was making her nervous yesterday but after and hour of talking she was comfortable with him.

She tried to push these thought back and think about work, about BJ, and how good her life was now that she didn’t need Lex Luthor in her life she was finally happy.

Her belly rumbled and Chloe knew she needed to eat. There was a bag of trail mix in her bag that she pulled out and started to eat while searching for the information she need to write her next big story.

She sent some items to the printer and ate a few raisins. She got up to head to the printer staring into her trail mix bag searching for some nuts when she ran right into someone.

There was a moment when she thought that she would fall over but this person grabbed her and held her in place. “Why is it when I see you you’re always trying to knock me over?”

Chloe got her footing and saw the expensive shoes of her crash buddy and knew it was Lex. She looked up and he was smirking holding a copy of today’s Daily Planet. He had on a dark suit and pruple tie. “If you weren’t always walking right into me then maybe we could both avoid getting knocked on are asses.”

Lex shook his head and gave her a half smile. She felt a little twinge in her belly and it wasn’t hunger. She couldn’t believe she was letting her self be attracted to him. BJ was who she wanted to be with she didn’t want Lex and he could never want her.

He took a few steps back getting out of her way and followed her to the printer. “I was just checking to see if you where still subterranean but it appears you have moved up in the world.”

Chloe started to panic. She didn’t know why he was there and what it meant. She was already so confused by the flowers and now he was at her work adding to the confusion.

“Now that you see I have moved what do you want?” She walked back to her seat at her desk and he followed.

“Getting right to the point. Always the mark of good reporter.” Lex said keeping his eyes on her. Chloe tried looking away and munched on her trial mix. “Did you get the flowers that I sent you?”

“Yes thank you I did get them but you didn’t have to send them.” She couldn’t stay buried in the trail mix so she tried to focus on her computer screen.

“You did keep your word and I just wanted to say congratulations on the article it was very good.” Lex leaned on the edge of her desk and made him self comfortable. He noticed he picture of BJ and picked it up without asking to look at it. “Is this the boyfriend?”

Chloe saw him out of corner of her eye staring at her. This was so off he was talking to her like they were friends like, like they spoke to each every day the past three years and they hadn’t.

“Yeah that’s Benjamin.” She snatched the picture frame back from him and placed it back on her desk.

“He has no last name?” Chloe final looked at him and he had a smug look on his face.

“Why do you want to know? Your going to check him out for me make sure is not out to steal my innocents.” Chloe crocked he head to the side waiting for him answer.

“It was question and besides I never said you were innocent.” Lex still looked smug and Chloe hated the look on his face.

“His last name is Jensen if you must know. Why are you still hanging around here? Are you considering a move to journalism and wanted to see how it’s done?” She took a few more pieces from the trail mix and waited for him to answer.

“Is that your lunch?” Lex stood up and pointed at her bag.

“I have a lot of work to do and forgot to pack lunch. I don’t have the money to buy food everyday.” Chloe tried to ignore him and maybe he would go away but he kept pushing the food issue.

“You’re not going to do award winning journalism if you don’t eat a real meal. Let me take you to lunch.” Lex snatched the bag of trail mix from her.

Chloe stood up to take it back and he held it behind him. “Look I don’t have to time to play around.” She tried to reach behind him again but had no luck and left it alone not wanting to look silly in front of her coworkers.

She let the thought ringing in her ears, her coworkers. They were all staring at her talking to Lex Luthor. She had to get rid of him before they got any ideas about the two of them. Some of those women were nosey bitches and she didn’t want any rumors about her floating around the office.

“Then just come to lunch with me and you can have whatever this is back.” Lex held the bag out and shook it turning his nose up.

Chloe grabbed the bag. She wanted to go with Lex to lunch but really shouldn’t. He was being nice and she had to know why.

Her curiosity always got in her into trouble but she followed it anyway. “Fine I’ll go just give me a minute to put some stuff away.”

Lex waited and she grabbed her jacket and they walked out together. He suggested a cafe that was close by and Chloe did complain.

They were seated ahead of several people and it bothered her a little. The waiter gave them specials handed them menus and walked off.

She took a sip of water staring at Lex looking at his menu. She had no idea what she was doing there sitting across from him. Yesterday was all about the interview but now there was no reason.

They weren’t friends she keep repeating to her self then said it aloud. “We’re not friends.”

Lex let out a huff and put his menu down. “No, we aren’t.”

Chloe studied his face he looked disappointed when she mentioned that. “Then why did you send me the flowers. Why are we sitting here right now deciding if we want soup or salad. I haven’t spoken to you once in three years.”

She didn’t mean to be so forward but after thinking about him most of the day and yesterday she had to get to the point.

Lex adjusted his tie and cleared his thought. He was looking like he did the other day when she told him she had a boyfriend; unconformable. “I already told you why I sent the flowers. I asked you to lunch to save you from starvation.” He put his menu back up and tried to ignore her.

Chloe snatched it down so she could see his face. “I’m serious Lex what are we doing here?”

“I don’t know Chloe what are you doing here? You could have said no.” Lex turned it on her and Chloe had to evaluate why she chose to go.

“I guess…I mean… yesterday was…” Chloe was struggling to find the right words but she wanted to tell him that yesterday was nice, that she enjoyed talking him again, that she had to figure out the Lex Luthor mystery or she would burst. “I don’t know. I guess I felt our conversation yesterday was cut short suddenly.”

Lex seemed to like this answer and gave her half smile. “I kind of felt the same way. I really did send you the flowers to say congratulations. If it’s a problem with you or with you boyfriend then you can throw them away or send them back.”

Chloe hadn’t even seen these flowers yet but she keep thinking about them. If she just sent them as a friendly gesture there was no need to toss them out. BJ wouldn’t have a problem with it or at least he shouldn’t worry about it they weren’t sent as a romantic gesture. “The flowers are not a problem. Thank you for sending them.”

They both went back to their menus and the waiter came back. Chloe order a club sandwich and side salad and Lex chose the chicken Caesar salad. They sat in silence for a few minutes sipping water and Chloe was getting uncomfortable in the silence she had to say something.

Just as she was about to speak Lex cut in. “How is your father doing?”

A smile went across her face when he asked about Gabe. There was no one more important in life then her father. “He’s doing well. He has a steady job now in Smallville and he is dating this really nice woman. He was so proud of me today and called me at four in the morning after he read the article.”

Lex gave her a nervous smile and Chloe must have made him uncomfortable babbling about her dad. Even though she knew she shouldn’t ask the question but it was burning her tongue. “How is your father?”

He took a sip of water then looked away from her. “He’s sick.”

Chloe saw his expression change completely and he didn’t look pleased at all that he had to talk about this but she had no idea Lionel was ill. “I’m sorry to hear that. I haven’t seen anything in the press. Can I ask what is wrong with him?”

Lex shifted in his seat and brought his gaze back to her. “He has advanced stages of liver cancer. I have tried to keep the information out of the papers so please respect that. Can we talk about something else?”

Chloe didn’t like Lionel one bit but she never wished anyone harm even if they tried to kill her. She wanted justice but this wasn’t the way. “No, no I wouldn’t do that. Let’s talk about something else.”

The waiter arrived with their food and mixed up their orders. “He won’t be getting a tip.” Lex reached over and switched them once he left.

“He made a little mistake. Waiting on people is hard work.” Chloe turned her plate and dug into her salad.

“He had two things to remember his job is not that hard.” She watched him prep his food and couldn’t help but wonder how Lex looked when he chewed. The thought was so crazy and she shook her head and put her attention back on her plate.

“Tell me about Benjamin.” Lex took a fork full of his food after that question.

Chloe thought he only wanted to talk about BJ. Yesterday his voice was out of control when he asked if they were living together. For some reason she told him the truth before they parted yesterday. Now he was asking about him again.

“He’s a senior as well. We have been seeing each other since last semester.” Chloe thought that answer was sufficient but he had another question.

“What is his major?” Lex took sip of water and stared at her as he drank.

“He’s not into journalism if that is what you are asking. He’s a film student.” She looked at him and he turned up his nose. “What is wrong with him being a film student?”

Lex shook his head. “I didn’t say anything was wrong with it but don’t you want to be with someone that has a skill that will allow him to get a job after graduation.”

Chloe scoffed as his comment. “He is very talented. BJ is not looking to be a director or anything like that he’s really into set design. He has been really thrilled about his design class this semester.”

He turned his nose up again “BJ?” Then Lex chuckled a little. “Are you sure he’s not gay.”

She screwed up her face and almost yelled. “He’s not gay! I could say the same thing about you if you want to go on stereotypes with your fancy clothes and well manicured hands.”

He threw his hands up in the air almost losing his fork. “Because I take pride in my appearance doesn’t make me gay.”

Chloe was breathing heavily now and didn’t even know why. They were fighting and it seemed so natural. She shook her head at how silly they were.

She let her self calm down and prepared to eat her sandwich. “Maybe we should try talking about something else” then she took a bite of her sandwich and lick her lips, closed her eyes, letting out mmm’s as it went down. When she opened her eyes he was staring at her lips.

“Guess we could talk about how you’re making love to your food.” Lex said then smirked at her. “You want me to give you and your food room to be alone. I can get another table.”

Chloe gave him her icy stare. “Ha! Ha! First my boyfriend is gay and now I can’t even enjoy my meal. You’re so annoying why did I come to lunch with you again?”

“Because you were staving and I’m paying.” Lex said and chuckled. “I’ll try to be less annoying.”

Chloe took another bite of her sandwich and tried not show how much she was enjoying it. He changed the subject and asked her about Lois, school; her knew position at the Daily Planet, and other various odds and ends.

She tried encaging him about his life as well but he would only give her so much in the way of answers about his social and business life.

Even with some of his vague answers Chloe was having a nice time catching up with Lex. For some reason she kept telling her self that they could be friends. That whatever happened in Smallville could stay in there.

They finished up and Lex paid. Even though he said he wasn’t going to tip the waiter she saw that he did.

They started to walk out of the café and Lex said his good byes and that he was heading in the opposite direction. As he walked away Chloe felt the need to stop him. Something was pulling her to say one more thing to him.

“Lex!” She took a few quick steps in his direction and he walked towards her. Once they met he watched her waiting for her to speak. “Maybe we should… I mean… thank you for lunch we could do it again sometime.”

Lex smiled like he won a prize and Chloe was taken back by the look on his face. “That would be nice.” He extended his hand to Chloe and she shook.

The last time he had trouble letting it go and he was doing the same thing again. “Maybe we could even try to be friends.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. They could never be friends he was way to busy for someone like her to be friends with. “Maybe.” Chloe nodded and pulled her hand away from his. "Mr. Luthor."

“Miss Sullivan.” He gave her a similar nod and she walked off.

She turned to him and he was watching her leave. Chloe gave him an awkward wave and picked up her pace.

For some reason Lex was back in her life and she was welcoming him in.

“Do you need help?” Lex called out from the elevator holding the doors for Chloe.

She walking into her apartment building with a few bags full of groceries. She was making lunch for Lex that Thursday afternoon.

They had lunch again the next week after the first time he took her out and then a steady lunch every Thursday the rest of the month.

Chloe didn’t tell anyone about it. She felt like she was sneaking around being friends with Lex Luthor. Every time they were together Chloe was more at ease with him and Lex seemed to act the same way.

She didn’t even tell BJ about it and lately she felt like she was cheating on him. Chloe didn't want to admit it but she was dating Lex. She tried to shake it off as just friend like she was friends with Clark but she didn’t have dirty thoughts about Clark.

Chloe wasn’t in love with BJ but he did mean a lot her and she wanted them to work out but Lex was fogging up her judgment.

She was addicted to her long lunches with him. They would talk about anything and everything of course that meant they did their fair share of arguing. Whatever tension there was the first time Chloe had coffee with him was gone. Friendship came so naturally to them. They were two adults that were just friends.

Every time he looked her it was like he had something to say but he keep it to himself. For some reason she started hugging him good bye after lunch and he seemed to savor those hugs hesitating ever time to let her go.

She tried to stop seeing him but couldn’t think of any reason why she shouldn’t be friends with Lex. This week she wanted to make him something since he kept paying for such good meals and it was cheaper if she made it.

“No I can carry it. I gave you the key just open the door.” It was risky bringing him to her place but Lois was out of town seeing her father and BJ was in New York participating in a work shop for set design.

Again she was sneaking around to be with Lex.

Chloe was walking and bunched the bags up trying to get a better grip on them and the head of lettuce on top feel out rolling on the floor. “Damn it” she shouted and Lex turned to look at her trying to bend over to get.

“Let me help you.” Lex was walking ahead of her and then went back to help.

“Always so stubborn.” He bent down the same time she did. Chloe tried to hold on to the bags and get the lettuce.

They both grabbed it at the same time. “Let go I can do it.” She yanked it away from him and they both got up at the same time.

For some reason Lex was so close to her that Chloe hit him on the way up. She lost her footing and her hold on the bags. She tried to save them and not fall over but didn’t do a very good job. She toppled over right into Lex.

They both fell over and Chloe dropped the bags and Lex hit the floor then yelled fuck as his bald head meet it as well.

Chloe looked around her and she was lying on top of Lex. Has arms were around her because he tried to stop her from falling. “Well looks like this time I managed to actually make you fall over.”

Lex chuckled and rubbed his head. “My head is going to have a bruise.”

Chloe reached up to massage feeling bad about being do stubborn and should have let him help her. “Sorry.”

Chloe was going to get up and Lex kept her in place with his other arm still around her. He was looking at her with fire in his eyes and Chloe was a little concerned by it. She had been thinking about being in a position like this with him lately but it wasn't right she was seeing someone.

“Lex let go.” Chloe tried to move and he brushed her hair back from her face.

He tucked her hair behind each ear and Chloe felt a little shiver go up her spine. “I can’t let go yet.” He said and tightened his grip.

Chloe locked eyes with him getting lost in his. Lex brushed his finger over her check. “Tell me you don’t want me to let you go.”

Chloe was dazed she didn’t know what was going on. They were lying in the middle of the floor in front of her apartment. She felt silly like this was a dream that Lex wasn’t really stroking her check with his thumb and his hand weren’t caressing her back.

This was wrong they were friends; that was it she had to stop.

“No Lex what about BJ.” She tried to move again and he wouldn’t let her.

“I don’t care about him.” Lex pulled her to him and pressed his lips into her.

Chloe had involuntary responds and kissed him back. She was getting lost in his lips in his tongue in her mouth but then she opened her eyes and saw that his were closed. That Lex Luthor was kissing her and enjoying it.

She jerked up this time so hard he couldn’t hold her in place. “No! We are friends and that’s it. I will admit that I’m attracted to you but I have a boyfriend.”

She started to pick up the items on the ground hoping he would just go away. “That kiss didn’t say you just wanted to be my friend.” Lex tried to stop her and Chloe jerked away from him.

He tried to approach her and she threw her hands up. “No stay back. I think we should skip lunch today. I think we need to think about what is going on here.”

Lex shook his head and let out a sigh. “I think you know what is going on but I’ll leave and give you sometime to figure it out.”

He walked away and Chloe was relieved. These lunches had to stop. She wasn’t falling for Lex. She couldn’t fall for Lex. Her life was finally good but he was mixing everything up again.

TBC

Chapter 5
    Chances (Lex POV present)

(Please note the time for next chapter. Don’t forget to look at updates for Phoenix and What I really want...)

Re: Water Runs Dry NC-17 2/18/06 Chapter 4

chloe + lex = attraction = bye bye bj

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Yeah it was good to know you BJ. LOL!! So that is how they got together. I can't wait to read more.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Great update. BJ is so gone. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Awesome Ud

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Great update. Loved them falling on the floor together Bye bye BJ

Looking forward to more soon.

Yay for the update. I like the flashbacks to how they met and how the relationshp got started.

great, cannot wait for another update

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information