+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Runs Dry (NC-17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Water Runs Dry (NC-17) 2/11/06 Chapter 3

Chapter 3
    Coffee (Lex POV past)

“I’ll take one more question.” Lex spoke into the microphone trying to make it through yet another press conference.

Lex was acquiring a pharmaceutical company that several businesses were interested in.

There were some questions as to how Luthor Corp won out over the competitors so he thought a press conference would get things in the open and get people off his back about how he acquired the company.

The conference was held in the Luthor Corp headquarters conference room set up specific for the press.

Lex had to squeeze this conference in between three other meetings and several hours of reading that he hadn’t started.

After taking over Luthor Corp when his father was in prison for a short stay the work never seemed to end and now that he was living in Metropolis there was no excuse to skip out on work.

The reporter’s hands flew up and Lex scanned over them seeing who he was going to chooses next.

He looked far in the back and saw a blonde haired woman waving her hand trying her best to push forward. “The blonde woman in the back.”

He still couldn’t see who it was but could make out the voice the instant her question started not mention the first thing she stated was her name.

“Mr. Luthor Chloe Sullivan for the Daily Planet. We were hoping to get a statement from you about how the people of Metropolis should feel about some of the research going on in the company you aquired. Strictly concerning the fact that several of the human research projects end in death.”

Once she finished her questions the crowd parted and he saw Chloe Sullivan recorder in hand waiting for his answer.

“Miss Sullivan I think you will have to ask me a question not make allegation about the enter works of the company.” She squirted her eyes and Lex knew she was about to dig into him.

“I’m sorry maybe I should preference the question with the fact that several human subjects have been treated with drugs without there knowledge in fact they were lied to about what they would be given in contracts they signed before undergoing the study. “

She paused and waited for the crowd’s whispers to die down.

“If you are looking for proof I have documents showing several human subjects where given a drug known as RB87 known to cause death but the scientists were told by superiors to improve the drug by any means necessary even if a few subjects had to die. Would you like to make a statement about the treatment of these subjects?” He saw a flicker of power run across her face.

She had to know that allegation would stump him. He knew all about the drug and actually it was one of the reasons he purchased the company. If the drug worked then it could be give to people with a predisposition for heart disease but for some reason the drug keep inducing some sort of kidney problems.

Lex had to wiggle out of this. There was no way he could give Chloe her exclusive. While he thought about his rebuttal he looked at her eagerly a waiting his answer.

She looked mostly the same since the last day he saw her in Smallville but it appeared like she was more mature and at ease with her self then he remember. She was wearing a trendy grey business suit and her hair was still short and straight just above her shoulders.

It really didn’t matter what she had on because Lex was always attracted to her but he never acted on it. He left Smallville after the second meteor shower and never looked back. Not even for someone as intriguing to him as Chloe.

He leaned into the microphone and knew what he wanted to say. “Miss Sullivan I will have to look at those documents in order to give you a complete answer. I assure you that Luthor Corp will follow all state and federal laws for drug testing. If that is all then thank you all for coming and have a good afternoon.”

The reporters started an up roar after his last statements they wanted an answer to Chloe’s question.

Damn her he thought. This was supposed to put people at ease about the merger not make them more suspicious. Somehow Chloe always managed to find out the truth and make him look bad.

Lex walked out of the room through the back stage hoping to escape all the flash bulbs. Things weren’t going exactly as planned and he had to take moment before going back to his office.

He flipped open his phone and called for his car to meet him at the back of the building. He wanted to go out for a cup of coffee. He could get whatever he wanted from his office but wanted out before he had to sit in his office doing work for then next five or seven hours.

Somehow he made it to the back entrance without being stopped by the press and waited for the Porsche to pull up. While he waited he knew that no reporter’s cars would be in back because he made sure they were all parked in the front of the building.

Even though he put that order in with his staff for some reason a red beetle was parked at the back entrance. He knew it was Chloe’s car so he motioned to the back door to leave and avoid her.

Just as he was about to try and hide from her the door flew open and almost hit him in the face. He jerked back and lost his footing almost falling backwards.

Once he regained his stance he looked up and saw Chloe standing in the door way with her hand over her mouth laughing at him. “You know you don’t have the best hand eye coordination for such a refined man” She just kept giggling walking passed him toward her car.

“Yes make fun of me after you almost took my head out with the door.” Lex followed behind her. “Haven’t you abused me enough today after that question.”

Chloe stopping walking and turned to him giving him a stern look. “I just wanted to know what you thought about the information I found. I don’t need your statement to print the story.”

She turned to walk away and for some reason he just couldn’t let her.

He pushed any thoughts of Chloe way back in his minds years ago but for some reason seeing her now he wanted to know what she had been up to especially if it involved his business. “Wait.”

She was at her car fumbling for her keys looking for the right one. “Wait for what. Are you going to give me and interview or something?”

Lex didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want her to ask anymore questions but if that was going to get her attention then he would have to find a way to get through it. “Come with me for coffee and I can give you the interview.”

Chloe turned to him looking so confused by his offer. “What are the terms do I have to give you my first born or something.”

Lex shook his head. “No. I’m going for coffee if you want to ask me some more question one on one then I will try to answer them.” Before she could speak the valet zoomed up in his Porsche.

The kid got out of the car and tossed the keys at Lex. Before he walked back into the building he checked out Chloe and muttered something like “Piece of that” or “Give me a piece of that” What ever it was it was totally uncalled for.

Lex would fire him once he got back.

Lex turned his attention back to Chloe shaking her keys in her hand looking nervous. “Ok but you have to answer none of that song and dance you gave me in the press conference”

“I can’t make any promises Chloe but I will try and answer.” Lex motioned for her to get in his car and she turned her nose up at him.

She shook her head no. “I’ll drive my own car. Just tell me where to meet you.”

Lex knew she didn’t trust him. The last time he saw her they fought about what really happen during the meteror shower and there was no way she would get into the car with him

He told her to follow him and she made some comment about how he drove to fast then they headed out.

They parked near a small coffee shop that he went to often. It wasn’t the Talon but it was pretty close because it didn’t resemble the trendy coffee places that covered the city.

They walked up to the door and he opened it for her to walk in ahead of him. She rolled her eyes at the gesture of curiosity then walked in. This wasn’t going to be easy.

The place wasn’t very busy and they were waited on immediately. The clerk was cheerful and asked what Chloe wanted.

She stared at the selections quirking up her lips as what to order. “I will have the double whipped frappe mocha.” She smiled at the clerk pleased with her order as he called it out to guy in back.

“Does that even have coffee in it?” Lex said in his best sarcastic voice.

She turned and gave him and icy stare then turned back to clerk. “I will also have a piece of biscotti."

Lex shook his head at her then ordered a regular coffee no frappe or whatever the hell she just ordered.

Their orders were up and he tried to pay but she put her hand up. “I can pay for my own coffee.” Then she reached in her bag for some money.

He knew better then to fight with her and only gave enough money for what he had.

They made there way to a set of plush arm chairs with a small coffee table between them.

Once they were settled in Chloe took a few sips of her drink a bite of her biscotti then took the recorder out of her bag along with a pin and notepad ready for the interview.

Lex just stared at her as she enjoyed her coffee and wonder what she had been up to since he last saw her. She must be a senior by now at Met U and was obviously living her dream working for the Daily Planet.

He also wanted to distract her from this interview. “Why don’t we catch up before getting into the interview?”

He saw her shift in her chair, patting down her hair and looking a little taken a back by the statement. She looked tensed and nervous about the question.

“Why? We aren’t friends. Never have been. Why do you care what a college student has been up to?” She shot him a dirty look.

She was right Lex never really was friends with Chloe. When she was under his care before his father’s first trial he tried to be her friend but pushed her away the moment he started to feel something.

Feelings weren’t allowed in his life. He had to maintain control of his emotions no matter what and with Chloe he found him self struggling to do that.

Once she got back to Smallville he pushed her away then started his purist on Lana Lang. He used Lana to keep Chloe back.

Now that she there in front of him he wanted to know about her life.

If she stayed in the dorms, how was school going of her, how was her father, what other story was she snooping into, was she still friends with Clark Kent and the most urgent question was she dating anyone.

“You are right. We aren’t friends but we could be polite with one another an engage in some small talk while you chomp down on your snack.”

She shot another dirty look at him. “I wasn’t chomping down I took a few tiny bites. Anyway you don’t want to hear about me. Nothing exciting going on in my life and anything I want to know about you I can read in the papers.”

Lex had to get something out of her. He tried to focus on her face and took a few sips of his coffee. “I hope you aren’t referring to the tabloids. There all lies.”

She shrugged her shoulders then took a sip of coffee before speaking. “Yeah you would like people to believe that it’s all lies. Just like you wanted people to believe today that the company you brought was on the up and up.”

She transitioned right into the interview with that last statement. “Look at the way you brought it. There was a buyer online long before Luthor Corp was interested but somehow you managed to get it first. How did that happen?”

Lie, cheat, and steal is what Lex wanted to say because that was how he acquired it. “I obviously made the CEO a better offer then the competition.”

Chloe put her coffee down then started to scribble something on her notepad. While he waited for her to finish Lex started noticing her features.

The grey suit was hugging her in all the right places and she had lots of cleavage for him to admire. Her skin glistened a bit and he could tell that she moisturized every day.

His mind stared to wonder how soft her skin must feel. Just as he was drifting off into his day dream she spoke. “I would really like to talk about that drug RB87. I have written down a set of question I want you to answer if you don’t want to then just skip it and if you can’t answer any then it’s like I said before I can publish the story without your statement.”

Lex took the paper from her and scanned over the list. Their interview was supposed to be a ruse so he could find out more about Chloe but she was all business. He knew he had to get her guard down so he tried to answer her question.

An hour and three cups of coffee later Lex felt drained. He tried to give the best answers possible but when he did three more question seemed to spring from one on her list.

He knew he missed one of his meetings and was ignoring his cell phone vibrating in his pocket every ten mintues.

When they finally reached the last question Chloe clicked off her recorder placed it and her other items back in her bag and looked please with her self. “That was great. This is going to be headliner tomorrow. “

Lex scooted forward in his seat and looked into her eyes. “You could say thank you.”

Chloe give him a smirk and scooted in her chair as well. “Pompous as always. You think that I couldn’t get on the front page without your help. You’re wrong.”

Lex sat back and gave her a half smile at her insult then she motioned to get up and go. “So that’s it you pump me for information and now your done.”

She sat back down. “What else would I want to pump you for?” She giggled. “That came out wrong. What else would we talk about?”

Lex had her attention and she seemed be more relaxed then when they first sat down. “Since you know all about me from reading the tabloids tell me about you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and put her bag back down. “I guess I could answer a few question since you did. What do you want to know?”

She settled back into her chair and Lex had her. She was obviously interested in talking to him. “You are a senior now?”

Chloe tucked her hair behind her left ear. He could see her tensing up again. “I think you know that already. The last time I saw you I was heading to college and it has been almost three and half years since then so yes that would make me a senior”

Lex was hoping not all of her answer would be dripping with sarcasm or she wouldn’t be condescending. “Fine you’re a senior. How long have you been working at the Planet?”

“During this past summer I started working and I have been trapped in the basement offices ever since.” She chuckled a little then continued. “But after this story hopeful it will get me out of there.”

“Any other stories I should be looking out for?” Lex was trying to stay focused on the conversation but he couldn’t help but notice how uncomfortable she looking talking to him about personal things.

“Nothing I’m going to tell you about but I a few things in the works.” She tried diverting the conversation for the moment. “So did you really dump that model out of your limo in the middle of nowhere after that event you went to a week ago in France?”

This information came straight from a tabloid. Lex hated the tabloids but the fact that she read about him in them made him think she was interested in what was going on with him. “Yes I broke up with her after the functions but I didn’t kick her out of the car. She insisted that she should get out so I let her out.”

She nodded and accepted his answer then checked her watch. “What else do you want to know?”

“Have somewhere to be?” Lex certainly knew he did but he would put it on hold to get what he wanted out of this. “How are your friends?”

She smiled at his question. “If you are talking about Clark and Lana they are fine. Clark went to a smaller school so he could stay close to home in Smallville. Lana moved back to Pairs after the meteor shower. She said it was the only time she felt at home when she was in France. I have other friends you know a boyfriend even.”

Lex already knew about Clark and Lana he just wanted to know the boyfriend question and now that he did he was jealous that she was with someone. He hadn’t met the guy but knew he wasn’t good enough for her.

He tried to push down his feelings about the matter but couldn’t. He was jealous and didn’t want to admit that he was secretly hoping she was available.

The whole point of asking her to coffee was to pry his way into her life. Sitting with her the past hour remind him of why he enjoyed her company before he pushed her away.

She was articulate, funny, and never gave in. She challenged him throughout the interview and was great at asking the right questioning getting things out of him he didn’t even talk about during the press conference.

He had no idea how she got all the information she did but he admired all the hard work she did and wasn’t surprised because he knew she was a good reporter.

He also tried to deny that her very presence was turning him on. Her hair tucked behind the ear, the suit hugging her body, the way her eyes looked at him with such distain, and every time he caught a glimpse of her cleavage he had to force his cock not to twitch.

This was one of the reasons he left Smallville to get away from Chloe. All his failures he could get over or find new ways to tackle them but Chloe was totally different. He had to distance him self from her completely.

Now he wanted nothing more then to push his way into her life. “Your not living with him are you?” Lex wanted to take the question back but he had to know.

She jerked back in her chair then rolled her eyes. “So what if I’m. You have something against living with someone you’re not married to?”

Lex didn’t want her dancing around the question. “No, I don’t care about that. It was just a question.” He tried to keep his voice from weaver but he was letting his emotions start to show.

“Why do you look so uncomfortable?” Chloe study his face.

Lex wanted to leave. He didn’t care if she answered the question or not he just wanted out before he asked something that would get him in any deeper with her.

“You don’t have to answer. I really should be heading back to the office and I’m sure you have to write your story.” He got up out of his chair before he could changed his mind.

He saw her shake off whatever was happening with him and grabbed her things to leave.

They were about to go their separate ways toward their cars but she turned to stare at him. It was like she was trying to figure him out and Lex didn’t like it. He had full view of her now and he couldn’t stop his cock anymore from twitching.

Lex tried to be as formal as possible and extend his hand to her for her to shake it. “Good luck with your article Miss Sullivan.”

She shook his hand and gave him a warm smile. “Thank you for the exclusive. I’ll try to be gentle with my interpretation.”

When she let go Lex hesitated to give her hand back. It was soft just like he thought it would be.

Chloe turned to walk away and Lex watched her leave after a few steps she turned back to him. “To answer your last question I don’t live with him I live with Lois.”

She walked away and Lex sighed. He was relived she was gone but more relived that she didn’t seem all that serious with her boyfriend.

Lex drove back to his office thinking about Chloe. Once he was in his office he was really aroused. He was so angry that he was feeling this way after spending and hour with Chloe.

Lex tried sitting at his desk to work but he had a very painful erection. There was nothing he could do about it and his secretary rescheduled the meeting that he missed to start in ten minutes. He had to jerk off and get this off his mind.

Normally he wouldn’t do this in his office but his erection wasn’t going away. His cock had a mind of its own and it wanted Chloe.

He went into his private bathroom and pulled his hard cock out. There was nothing fancy to what he was about to do he just need a release. He grabbed his cock and pumped away at it until he came in his free hand. The entire time he was thinking about Chloe’s warm smile and soft hand.

Now that he found his release he thought that Chloe would fade back in his mind again but she didn’t. Lex went through the motions of his day and Chloe never left his mind.

After several hours of catching up he stopped to get some take out before he went home. He stopped at a Japanese place for some sushi and while he waited for his food he could swear he saw Chloe walking past the restaurant across the street holding hands with someone.

He ran out of the place and got a better view of the couple walking and it was her. Her back was to him and she couldn’t see him but he could see her clearly.

When she reached over to kiss the man she was with he could see her perfectly. He saw her pull pack and smile at him then they continued walking.

Lex’s jealous brimmed over. Seeing her kiss that man pushed him over the edge. He had to fist his hands to his side and try not to chase after them.

He wanted Chloe back in his life and was going to do everything he could to get her.

TBC

Chapter 4
    Lunch (Chloe POV past)

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Water Runs Dry NC-17 2/11/06 Chapter 3

Great chapter! Lex should know that he won't be able to get Chloe out of his mind now. Can't wait to read the next update.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a great update. I can't wait to see what Lex does to get her back.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

That was great update, I hope there's going to be more soon.

whoa! great fic! the title catched first my eye but whoa again! so intense! I love jealous Lex, actually, I love knowing him emotionally tortured lol

next chapter please!

that was an awesome ud, i cant wait to find out how he got her back and who her ex is?

NS Junior Member

great story, I hope you'll update soon

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

Great chapter! I love how jealous he's getting over her boyfriend. Please update soon.

Awesome fic...very intrigued. Keep it up!

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Great story so far I can't wait to see what happens next finding out more about their past relationship

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information