+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Water Runs Dry (NC-17)

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 21 9/12/06 (NC-17)

ahh! that was so sweet. and i love how it was chloe that asked lex to marry her.

yummy. that was sweet and heartbreaking all at the same time. I can't wait to read the last chapter

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

Great story, I understand why you had Chloe leave. They both needed to find theirselves. Can't wait for the last chapter.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Water Runs Dry Chapter 22 10/09/06 (NC-17)

Chapter 22
    The Beginning (Chloe POV Present)

There was nothing Chloe hadn’t felt while she was with Lex. He knew her body so well by this point that anything he did was well crafted and just to her liking. She’d come with his hand, his mouth and more times then she could count with his cock but, at that moment, something was very different.

In bed together in the home they shared for six years and the home they were starting over again in, Lex was using his knowledge of her body in many ways. His hands were locked around her pulling her closer to him as she straddled over him on the bed. Her hips were rocking into him; the pain was welcomed after the last few hours and the several orgasms he’d given her.

After she proposed to him on the dance floor Chloe wasn’t sure how he would react. If marriage meant she would be getting so much from him Chloe would have asked Lex to marry her a long time ago.

Once Lois and Clark were off Lex knew her duty as maid of honor was over and he grabbed her to leave. The limo was taking so long that while they were kissing his hand slipped under her pale blue dress, past her panties. His fingers sunk into her arousal bringing her to the first of many climaxes.

Once they were home Chloe didn’t think they would make it to the bedroom but she was successful in slowing things down. When she first arrived at the penthouse things were uneasy but the last few days, and the current state her body was in, pushed all her uncertainty out the window.

Once the door to the place was open Chloe stalked in and nudged Lex back away from her. He growled wanting more, the caveman in him made that need stronger. Her shoes were already off and tossed on the floor then she started to pull away the few layers of clothing she had on. Lex took the hint and did the same. By the time they reached the bedroom a trail of clothing could be followed.

Chloe slowing things down didn’t last very long because Lex pounced on her once she was sitting on the bed. Before, things were so complicated when Lex went down on her. Chloe always felt restrained and begged Lex to let her come but, now it wasn’t that way. He was still in control of her release but gave it to her willingly.

After his mouth was covered in her juices, Chloe watched him down between her legs licking his lips, the sight bubbled inside her readying her for another release. She nudged him back with her foot giving her enough room to flip over on the bed until her ass was high in the air.

Lex grunted for the second time that night but this time it was long and primal as he positioned himself to take her from behind. Once in place, Lex sunk into her taking her fast and hard. The pace they were going at had to be difficult for him to accomplish when he did. Feeling her tighten around him then leaving her hollow for a few moments until his fingers filled her to finish her off.

The fourth wasn’t as rushed and Lex insisted he be able to look at her. Chloe did as he asked lying on her back on the bed welcoming him into her wide spread legs. Their bodies were slick and the traces of her climaxes coated the folds of her intimate flesh but it didn’t stop Lex from sheathing himself inside her again.

Already in a frenzy from the last orgasm Lex’s slow, steady motion was making Chloe scream louder than when he was fucking her from behind. She was so close to coming again. Chloe thought it was impossible to feel that way after so many orgasms but the burning in her belly, the throbbing from her clit and the sweet fiction Lex was supplying was pushing her over the edge.

The look in his eyes was so familiar. He was focused on her below him, his head tilted down to take her mouth with his when her breathing allowed but his body was tense above her trying to hold out as long it could.

At some point he was pleading with her to come again, something Lex rarely did unless he was on the verge of losing it himself. Moving above her and extending his arms, Chloe knew what he wanted her to do and with her hand wedged between them Lex let out a another of his primal grunts but this time it was her name leaving his lips along with it.

When she came Chloe assumed that was it, Lex didn’t pull out but he froze in place when her hips bucked up into a downward thrust and he held himself steady as she rode out her orgasms while stroking herself. As she came back down he rolled off of her and Chloe took the opportunity to move on top of him was she was able to.

Now that she was on top of him Lex didn’t look as if he could take much more without coming. He was being uncharacteristically verbal but it was something she noticed the last few times they made love. The deeper they got about their problems and found solutions the more verbal Lex had become in bed. Before Chloe could only remember him holding himself back only looking to hear she loved him and when his release was upon him now Chloe heard her name bellowing from him.

At the moment his lips were closed around her right nipple but his moans sent little jolts throughout her body. Chloe tried to keep a steady rhythm but her hips wanted to thrust in a way she couldn’t control. The sound of their flesh connecting filled the room along with Chloe’s panting.

Lex released the tight bud from his lips to move his way back to her mouth claiming her lips. The kiss wasn’t as skilled as she was use to but Lex’s out of control kisses were better then the latter. Pulling back his hands he moved them down her body and tightened them at her hips.

“I think this marathon has to end.” He forced out between deep breathes.

Chloe heard him but was unable to answer herself. Her body was aching but she had to come again. Nodding her head a few times she tried to speak but only let off long huffs until she could find the words. “So close… just a little more.”

Lex complied with her request and adjusted their position to allow him to move with her adding to the building friction between them. Chloe’s thighs were starting to burn from her jerky motions but she didn’t stop. Her hands were holding onto Lex’s shoulders then wrapped her arms around him taking as much of him in as she could. They both held each other fighting for the final push and when it came upon them Chloe could hear the relief in Lex’s voice and felt the force of his release spilling inside of her as she came as well.

Once her screams had passed Chloe realized why sex was so different this time. It was simply because she wasn’t just having sex with Lex, she was making love to her fiancé.

Completely spent, Chloe just wanted to hold onto Lex and fall asleep on his shoulder sticky and sweaty. “Sorry, I don’t what got into me.” He whispered in her ear, stroking her hair back away from her face.

“I’m not complaining.” Chloe mumbled lost in his neck willing her self to move away from him.

Once off of his softened cock, Chloe made her way to the bathroom to clean up a bit. She wobbled a little on the way but her legs settled into her movements once she was at the door. When she returned to the bed Lex was laid back and seemed rather pleased with him self. He pulled Chloe in close to him once she was in the bed and rested her head on his firm chest.

“Are you sure you want to marry me? I know you love me either way but I want you to be sure.” He questioned her and sounded worried that her answer would change.

Taking in the question Chloe had answered it already. When Lex asked her the first time she wasn’t sure about herself let alone their relationship. There was no solid model in her life for marriage other then Martha and Jonathan Kent and Chloe didn’t think she had that kind of solid love with Lex when she moved to New York.

As the months passed while they reconciled, it became clear that the things that pushed her away were gone. After their session with Dr. Dunkin, Chloe could see Lex’s intentions with some of the many things that went wrong with them. She wasn’t admitting that his actions were right in anyway but he just wanted her to love him and tried to secure that the best way he knew how. The feel of him controlling her as a means of securing what he wanted was fading away.

Thinking about the day of Lois and Clark’s wedding it became clear. Lex was who she wanted to be with and wanted to declare her love with openly. She knew he wanted to marry her when he asked years ago and she hoped Lex still wanted to marry her.

“This is what I want.” Chloe rested her hand on him to push up and look at him. “I love you and I can’t think of any reason why I shouldn’t marry the man I love.”

“You may change your mind in the morning. The wedding may have you thinking about something that we aren’t ready for.”

It sounded like he was talking her out of it but Chloe had to seen things for what they were. Lex’s insecurities and her own would always be between them but if they talked them out like they were doing now they didn’t have to be a problem.

She moved off him and moved her hand up his chest to stoke the line of his jaw. “I won’t change my mind. I think we deserve this after everything that has happened. If you’re not sure it’s all right to tell me.”

He didn’t look away from her and reached to touch her cheek just as she was doing to him. “I have wanted to marry you for a long time, I just want you to be sure and if you are then I’m more then ready to make it happen as soon as possible.”

“One thing at time Luthor.” Chloe moved her hand to poke him in the chest. “I still need to move and I don’t even have a ring yet.”

“Okay after you move back but you know I have the ring already.” Lex turned and quickly got off the bed. He moved across the room to the near by cabinet; Chloe couldn’t help but stare at his naked, pink butt which made her realize she was grabbing at him rather hard that night. When he returned to the bed his hand was closed around what had to be the ring she gave back to him.

“I understand…” He started taking her left hand. “…if you don’t want this one but I held on to it just in case.”

Chloe’s hand started to tremble a little. In all her life she thought one day she would get married, every little girl did at one point but the moment was finally upon her. Lex took her hand and then showed her the ring. The platinum band and single cut diamond shined with the light in the room.

Some might think the ring held some sort of bad omen but it was never intended to be a sign that Chloe needed to leave Lex. When she first saw it, the ring did bring up everything Chloe knew was wrong but it was showing her the bright future they had and not what she saw before.

“Always prepared.” Chloe smirked at him letting the weight of the ring settle on to her finger. She stared at the ring and the silence seemed to have him worried.

“Is everything all right?”

Chloe was admiring the ring not having second thoughts. The first time she got it she never really looked at it. “Everything is fine.” She took her attention away from her hands to pull him closer to her allowing her lips to brush across his for a long kiss that lead to another orgasm.

Leaving New York was a big deal. Chloe established a life there that included a job she was enjoying, friends she cared for and an apartment she grown attached to. After the wedding and Chloe returned to the city she was growing to love, she put plans into motion to leave it behind.

It would have been easier if Lex was with her but he had business to attend to. He was flying back and forth from city to city to handle all the things he’d done for a month before relocating to New York for her. When he was in New York during her final weeks Chloe would see him at bed time but Lex promised it was temporary until the move was over.

The one thing pushing her forward was the ring on her finger symbolizing the future waiting for her once she was back in Metropolis.

Chloe gave the Times her two weeks notice and they weren’t pleased to take it. The last week of work Chloe wasn’t sure if she was ready to give it up yet. The world of journalism was so familiar and comfortable to her that it seemed ridiculous to leave it.

Her unsure feelings of leaving only got worse when Gabby and Rachel threw her a good bye party the last day she was to be in the office. No one knew she was going to try to move on to writing novels but the long speech from the editor about all her natural talents made her question the change.

It may have been hard to do but Chloe was going to make some changes in her life. Changes that were more fulfilling than journalism. The book she promised to write ages ago, about the salary and pension cuts for the NYPD in the Manhattan district, was nearly finished. The manuscript would be ready to send off to publishers she pitched the story to once the article broke and the news spread like wild fire because of Chloe’s hard work.

Moving could have a been a huge ordeal that Chloe thought would take ages but often times she let herself forget how powerful Lex was. Breaking her lease would have broken the bank but his insisting that he should pay for it was the only choice if she wanted to move back to Metropolis as soon as possible.

Money was always was an issue with Chloe but she had to realize that Lex wasn’t buying her off. They had several talks about his spending before their break up and they reached some sort of compromise when it came to the matter of money. Part of the compromise was allowing Lex to take care of her leasing issue with her brownstone. Lex did pay it off but he helped find a tenant and now Chloe was making a small income on the property she could hand over to Lex until her debt was paid. It was a complicated solution but it allowed Chloe to maintain her independence while letting Lex help her when he felt she needed it.

Once things were somewhat settled and the move was complete Chloe keep her word and scheduled a dinner with Martha. When she called and made the plans it was assumed that it would be just be her father, Olivia and Lex but sitting across from Clark who was seated next to Lois, during that night proved to be a challenge.

The Kent home hadn’t change much since Chloe was last in it. The void Jonathan left was still lingering but somehow Martha managed to keep things running without him.

As the evening passed Chloe’s worries over Lex’s jealousy were starting to surface. During the wedding Lex had little to no contact with Clark. The wedding may have been the first time the two of them were in a room together since Lex moved away from Smallville after the second meteor shower.

The jealousy they both felt at times was something Chloe hadn’t touched on in her session with Dr. Moore before leaving her to work with Dr. Dunkin full time and Lex made no mention of it either. Dinner that night was a test of how much things really changed between them over the last year.

“I think they will both have an aneurism before saying something to the other.” Lois mocked Clark and Lex’s behavior during dinner while they were in the kitchen preparing the coffee and dessert Martha planned.

At the moment the family room was being occupied by Martha, Clark, Olivia and Gabe all deep in conversation. Lex was making himself useful or what Chloe thought to be avoiding the awkwardness of the whole thing by cleaning off the dinner table in the other room.

Standing in awe at the scene before her Chloe nodded to Lois taking the cups she was handing over to her to place on the serving tray. “Maybe but I think Clark could be a little nicer.”

“Ha!” Lois huffed. “He tried to make conversation with Lex at dinner and all he did was give one word answers.”

The dinner was not as painful as Lois was making it out to be. Lex had conversed well with her father and Olivia. It was so obvious that Lex really enjoyed being around both of them. Chloe always thought it was reassuring to Lex to see two people so happy, giving him hope that he could have that type of happiness.

When it came to Lois saying something it was easy for Lex to deal with her snark and condescending comments. Over the years Chloe simply gave up hope that they would get along. The only time they agreed upon anything was in concerns to her and that’s the way it appeared it would always be.

During dinner Clark did ask a few questions but Lex handled them the best he could. From time to time Chloe could see how comfortable he was and would squeeze his leg assuring him that she was there with him. Clark was being as polite as Chloe had ever seen him when it came to Lex but it did look like he was biting his tongue from time to time.

“Lois, we’re all adults now and you don’t have to worry about anyone lashing out on the other about the past.” Chloe made a strong stand. What she said was true; almost ten years passed between Clark and Lex since they fought with one another and it was time to move on from it.

“If you say so but if Clark has to use his you know what on him I get to say I told you so.” Chloe giggled a little at her cousin. Sometimes she wondered why people didn’t know Clark’s secret yet. Lois wasn’t very good at hiding the fact that she.

“Just be useful and get the knife for the pie.” Chloe directed Lois behind her just as Lex was coming into the room with his hands full of dishes. She gave him a half smile which he returned.

With her back to him Chloe checked the tray for everything she needed to go with the coffee once she was done Lois returned to her side with the knife. Chloe took it from her with her left hand and placed it on the tray but she didn’t realize she made and error. Lex went back to get more dishes and didn’t have a chance to help her squirm out of it.

Before moving back Chloe made no mention to being engaged to Lex. All night she didn’t motion to her ring or flaunt it in front of people, in fact she forgot she had it on. She hadn’t seen anyone but Lex since coming back to Metropolis so no one had seen it. The ring wasn’t and issue with the good bye party at the Times because Chloe didn’t wear it.

Before coming over that night Lex didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag. He wanted the chance to ask Gabe for his blessing before announcing it but Lex wasn’t going to get the chance.

“I think that’s it.” Chloe was satisfied with the display on the tray and motion to pick it up when Lois grabbed her left hand.

“What the hell is this?” She grunted at her pulling her hand closer to her face than she needed to in order to see the huge rock. “You didn’t? How could you not tell me? Chloe Sullivan you sneaky rat.” Lois went on and on with her questions.

Jerking her hand away from her Chloe tried to recover. “Lois don’t, I was going to tell you but…” Before she could get out the rest Lois was shouting to everyone in the room.

“Chloe and Lex are going to get married and didn’t see fit to tell us!”

As the words echoed through the room over everyone’s conversation, Chloe turned towards the dinning room and saw Lex racing in to see his plan come crashing down in front of him.

“What?” Turning back into the family room Clark was standing, wide eyed with his mouth slightly open.

“Honey, close your mouth.” Lois directed him moving into the room to help him shut his mouth.

Chloe moved to meet Lex half way into the main room with everyone else staring at them. “I’m sorry, it was Lois” She whispered to him. He looked upset, almost about to blow, but her words seem to help him push back his anger.

“Is this true?” Gabe called out from where he was standing in front of the fireplace.

Lex hunched his shoulders and took her hand turning towards the crowded room. “Mr. Sullivan, I wanted to ask for your blessing but…” Lex turned his attention to Lois. “…once again the Daily Planet’s finest has beaten me to it.”

Chloe turned to see Lois rolling her eyes at Lex knowing his statement was full of sarcasm directed at her. “Lex is right daddy, we wanted to wait…” Again Chloe was interrupted but this time by her father.

“This is why you moved back?” Gabe moved toward them.

“It’s one of the reasons. I miss being home, I miss you, I miss so many things about Kansas and one of the biggest reasons is this.” Chloe admitted to her father. She hadn’t explained herself much since she moved and now it looked as if it was time to do so.

Gabe was staring Lex down as if he was sizing him up. He knew some of their troubles but not everything. Not once did Chloe think her father was against her when it came to Lex but the way he was looking at him told her different.

“You plan on keeping her as happy as I have seen her the past few months?” Gabe didn’t waver in his words looking straight at Lex and not glancing at her once.

“Of course sir, Chloe’s happiness is more important to me then you will ever know.” Lex answered him and what happened next was a shock.

“Then welcome to the family.” Gabe moved toward Lex and, before he could recoil, was embracing him. It was a first for them and Chloe had to let go of Lex’s hand to let it happen.

“Thank you sir.” She watched the display in front of her then heard a light squeal.
    When she turned back to the family room Martha was the owner of the noise and she was moving toward Chloe for a hug, then gave Lex one as well once Gabe let go.

Following close behind Martha was Lois still griping. “I’ll hug you but I’m pissed you didn’t tell me sooner.”

Chloe gave her cousin a good squeeze and Olivia wasn’t far behind holding onto her as well. Lois shook Lex’s hand like it was a business agreement. While they huddled around them Chloe could see Clark standing alone by the sofa. He had a blank look about him as if everyone else reaction was wrong.

“Smallville, honey….. get over here.” Lois called to him waving her arm over.

Clark took some awkward steps towards her and wrapped his arms around Chloe. She could hear him whispering to her as he held on to her. “Is this what you want? I mean are you really happy?”

Chloe pulled away from him and nodded grinning from ear to ear hoping Clark would get her silent reply. She was happy and things weren’t going to be put on. Clark knew his fair share of what happened when Chloe left Lex but he wasn’t around now and didn’t see all the things Lex had done and she had done to make their lives work together. Clark would have to accept that this was going to happen and all his warnings and worries were not going change it.

“Congratulations.” Clark started looking down at her then turning towards Lex. “Congratulations to both of you.” With that he stepped back and let the ladies move in to coo over Chloe’s ring.

It was little but Clark and Lex looked at each for a moment and there was some sort of agreement made. Some silent things Chloe would never know about or fully understand between Clark and Lex.

Taking in the moment during dessert there was a lot of talk regarding their plans for the wedding. Chloe tried her best to explain what she wanted and her father wanted to insure he was giving her away while Lois demanded she get to wear a very expensive dress she didn’t have to pay for. Chloe was excited about the wedding and now that it was out in the open and the people she cared about knew, she could express her excitement openly.

The evening went by rather slowly but once Chloe was back in Metropolis and in the penthouse she kicked off her shoes, in the study, and took a seat on the soft leather sofa. “I want a drink.” She moaned to Lex who was making his way to the phone in the room to listen to his messages.

“Are you asking me for a drink or simply making a statement?” He spoke to her with his back to her taking the phone into his hands.

Chloe watched and waited for him to finish admiring the neatness of his appearance and the clean lines of his skull. Once the call was over Lex hung up the phone and Chloe answered his question. “I was asking you to get me drink.”

“Since I’m up what do you want?” He said dryly smiling back at her as he took the few steps toward the bar to pour himself a drink first. Of course he filled a highball with scotch and, in all her time being with him, Chloe had never tasted a drop of the drink.

“I want a scotch.” It wasn’t what she wanted but she wanted to try this mysterious beverage Lex had so often.

“You want scotch?” He questioned her raising an eyebrow as he sipped from the glass.

Chloe forced herself from the comfortable spot she was in on the sofa and moved next to him at the bar. Once she was in front of him she got a very good idea at tasting the scotch without drinking it. She took the glass from his hand and placed it back to the bar. Her hand replaced the void and she moved in on him with ease.

“I just want to taste it.” She said slowly leaning up towards his lips to make her way to his mouth and letting her tongue move to taste the scotch he just drank.

The kiss lasted for a good while and Chloe didn’t intend on getting hot and bothered over it but she was. Tugs below her waist were growing and Lex wasn’t any better off as he moved his hands down the back of her skirt reaching the bottom hem trying to pull it up.

She nudged him back but his hands didn’t stop moving. “Was that what you wanted?”

The question was obviously about the scotch but it meant so much more to Chloe. In life thing never came easy to her, in fact she had to fight more then she would like to get to where she was at that moment. Now that she was preparing for another transition in her life, all the fighting made her stronger and better prepared for it. Without it she may have never been where she wanted to be at that moment.

After all the arguing and pain from before Chloe felt the she would never be on any kind of common ground with Lex and that’s why she left him. Their love was like a river that flowed and along the way things were very rocky. At some point, that river ran dry and there was no turning back. The love she felt for him would have passed her by if not for Lex’s stubbornness which she was grateful for.

Standing with him now in the home they were making together Chloe realized she did have exactly what she wanted. It wasn’t perfect and she never expected it would be but things had changed, she had changed and, after being so afraid that change would pull her away from Lex, it only brought her closer to him.

“It was exactly what I wanted.” She answered him smiling at him like a silly school girl.

“I get the strange feeling you’re not talking about the scotch.” Lex’s hands left her bunched up skirt to stroke the line of her jaw. He looked a little concerned but Chloe eased his worries taking his mouth against hers again.

The next time she kissed Lex it was the night of their wedding. The next time it was under the starry sky she requested they danced under, surrounded by the people she always wanted to share her life with. The last kiss that night was after making love to her husband followed by falling asleep in his arms.

After going back to one, giving up on all the secrets and lies, and learning how to change Chloe wasn’t at her happy ending.

Her life with Lex was at the beginning and there would be more trials for them to work through and problems for them to handle but this time the waters wouldn’t run dry.

The End

Notes: Thank you to those that read the 205 pages of this story and jumped back and forth with me from the past to the future to the past and back again. And I want to give a big thank you to hfce and lj715 for reading and commenting on every chapter of this story. Your support helped me so much.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Water Runs Dry Chapter 22 10/09/06 (NC-17)

I loved it! Great final chapter to the story. Loved that Lex asked Gabe to marry Chloe ( even if they were already engaged). The smut was very hot too. Can't believe it's over. You did a great job letia!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh my goodness that was wonderful. great job girl. I loved it and will miss this story very much. Now do you have more stories out there? I want to read more like the chloe as killer one. Hint hint...

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

Bravo!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

That was great! Loved the smut. Loved the sentiment. Loved the fact that Lois blurted out their engagement, it wasn't nice but it was funny. I'm glad they got their happy beginning. I know they will make this work.

I really liked it. It was a great way to ties things all together. I loved that Lex wanted to ask Gabe's permission first. Plus the marathon sex session was delicious. Congrats on a finished story well done

Members

THAT was absolutely wonderful. It was very realistic with the different levels that a couple has to go thru in their relationship. Once again, I'm glad that you decided to share this with us. I appreciate it and hope that you create another wonderful fic to entertain us and maintain the Chlex way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information