+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: All Bets Are Off (NC-17)

NS Full Member
    The word unacceptable leaps to mind at where you decided to break that chapter. You get back here right now young lady and give us more!

Blue

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Ohhh, you're a bad bad girl. Mhmmm, and now what shall we do with you?

Will go away to ponder but by the time I get back, I want an update.

B

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    :huh:

See what you did. Got everyone all upset. Me included. Shame on you. Now get in here and fix it.

hmy: evil person...you hurt Lex...it wasn't the hobos's they were just a creation from your mind....you did it :die: :die: ....how could you...::sniffles:: poor Lex...

:crydevil:

Angel undercover!
    That's just no way to end a chapter. I demand more and soon!

hurlingturtles
    Just a Guest!
    *lol, you guys are hysterical. You know Lex is gonna be alright. I am physically incapable of writing a unhappy ending. HOWEVER, things aren't all better yet. Patience is a virtue, or so I hear.*
    -Chapter Twelve-

Chloe dragged her suitcase out of the hotel, an anxious expression on her face. “Where the fuck is he?” she said. She’d tried calling his cell phone earlier but got no answer.

And where was the limo? Tears welled in her eyes, and a swell of wretched despair strangled her. She'd been abandoned, all alone in LA. She wasn't all that worried about him. Lex could take care of himself. She seemed to recall him saying something about learning how to defend himself from an ex-marine, or something like that. She was just upset that he left her without saying a word.

She called her dad on her cell phone. “Hello, dad,” she said when he answered.

“Hi, honey. Where are you?” he asked.

“In LA still. I don’t know where Lex is and I just got booted out of the hotel.” She tried not to sound as pathetic as she felt. “I tried calling his cell phone and he’s not answering.”

“Hmmm. That’s odd.”

She nodded, forgetting that he couldn’t see her. “Yeah. So, what should I do?” She hated asking him that, like she was some scared little girl, even though she felt like she was.

Her dad swore. “I knew I shouldn’t have let him take you to LA. Look, just call a cab. They should have a phone book you can use in the hotel room. Have them take you to the nearest airport. You have enough cash on you to pay for the cab?”

“Yes,” she said, trying not to sniffle too loud.

“Use the credit card I gave you in case of emergencies and book a flight back home today- I don’t care what the cost is, as long as you’re not wandering the streets of LA. I can’t believe he just abandoned my daughter like that.”

Neither could she. He’d fucked her and ditched her, just like she’d been afraid of. Never in her wildest dreams did she think he’d do something like this, though.

“Thanks, Dad,” she said, feeling a bit better now that she had some sort of a game plan. “I’ll call you when I get the plane tickets, okay?”

“Yes. That bastard! I just can’t believe this!” Her dad was getting really worked up.

“I’ll be okay. Talk to you later, bye.” She hung up and lugged her suitcase back in the hotel. The man at the front desk handed her a phonebook when she asked and she called a cab to pick her up.

On her way to the airport she fought against the tears she could feel burn in her throat. She’d been an idiot. All her friends had warned her against being friends with Lex and what did she do? Fuck him. She should have listened to them. The pain of his betrayal hurt like nothing she’d ever felt before. She’d cared so much about him… She’d started to fall in love with him, she realized. A tear slipped down her cheek, leaving a glistening salty streak in its wake.

Her desolation lasted as she booked her flight. As she waited to board the plane, with three hours to kill, a migraine began to throb behind her eyes. Nearby a stressed out looking man dragged along his little, probably six year old, daughter by the arm. The little girl was whining about something, pointing at the nearby gift shop. The man snapped at the girl and she started to cry, but he ignored her tears and pulled her away.

Fuck them, Chloe thought. Fuck Lex, and fuck all men. Who needs them? She could live without the love you read about in fairy tales and saw in the movies. She had friends- real ones, unlike Lex- and family. What else did she really need? Nothing! Sure, sex was great but even then she didn’t necessarily need a guy for that. There was always masturbation. Besides, that way you don’t have to worry about STDs or pregnancy. Yeah, fuck him.

She sat there in the airport, her eyes glinting with a furious determination, and resolved to transfer to a college across the US the next year. The farther she was away from Lex, the better. And if she ever saw him again, she couldn’t be held responsible for her actions. He had a good beating coming to him, and she deserved to be the one to give it to him.

Across town doctors were rolling a bald young man to the ER. Clad in green smocks doctors surrounded him, carefully pulling out the knife from his back and stitching up his wound after a thorough cleansing. They gave him several shots, barking orders at each other.

“The knife missed the lungs and spine, by some miracle, but he’s lost a lot of blood. He’s going to need a transfusion, stat,” one of the doctors, the head surgeon, said. Another left to fetch the blood.

“Who is he?” one asked.

“He didn’t have any ID on him. The baglady that found him said he’d gotten mugged. We’ll find out when he wakes up, I suppose,” the head surgeon said. “He’s lucky that the lady found him before he bled to death.”

Lex groaned. His back ached. He opened his eyes, squinting as bright light took him by surprise. Rubbing his eyes, he noticed an IV hanging from his arm.

Suddenly he remembered what happened to him and realized that he was in a hospital. He peered around him, spotting the call button and he pressed it. A nurse came in, a squat gray haired lady with a kind smile.

“Where are my things?” he demanded.

“Things?” she said, puzzled. “Oh, your clothes and the things you were holding when you came in are stored underneath your bed in bags. Everything is quite filthy.”

He relaxed. “How long have I been here?”

“Three days, counting the day you came in.”

“What?! Three days! I need to make a phone call,” he tried to reach for the phone on the bedside table but a sharp pain shot through him, making him pale as bright lights danced in front of his eyes.

“Calm down, you’re still recovering,” the little old lady scolded.

“You don’t understand, I need to call my girlfriend!”

“Call her later. I’m sure she won’t be going anywhere.” The nurse was holding a little shot and injected it in his IV bag.

“Wait, I need to call her. She doesn’t know what happened to me. I only reserved our hotel for two nights, she won’t understand why I left her. I…” he trailed off as whatever drug she’d put in his IV began to take affect. His vision faded into black as he passed out.

TBC…

NS Full Member
    Had to throw a wrench into the happiness? Though I will just keep telling myself that you are 'physically incapable' of writing an unhappy ending and that should help my traumatized self.

Blue

petriebird18
    Just a Guest!
    (tapping foot, slightly annoyed) what happened to 'happy'? :dry:
    Now get back here and give us happy Chlex, and no more Chloe thinking Lex is an evil bastard who left her after they had sex.
    Good :biggrin:
    ~Deidre~
    :chlexsign3:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    What happened to Happy? :tease: More please...

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Patience? What is patience? I dunno patience and I don't care! I want more now! And what is it about these stupid nurses never letting you finish your sentences before they drug you up!

Poor Chloe, poor Lex, man that is gonna give problems when Lex gets back home. DAMMIT you and your twists! Not fair!

I want and Update and I want it now!

hugs,
    Sabby

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information