Closed Thread

Thread: Warning System and Warning Types (revised January 8th 2008)

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Warning System and Warning Types (revised January 8th 2008)

I've recently implemented a new warning system, very much alike the one we had at the old board (should anyone remember). Below are the different warn types and warn points you'll recieve for violating the different forum rules and policies.

For first time offence you are given an alert point, then second offence you'll recieve a warn point.

If you reach 10 warn points, you'll be banned from the board for 7 days. Next time you reach 10 points, you'll be banned from the board twice the days (14). Should you keep violating the rules, you may be permanently banned. * Some violations permanently bans you immediatly.

Bumping/Double Posting warn points: 1
    Continuing to bump own/others thread and/or Posting two different posts at the same time
    Forgetting fanfiction rating warn points: 1
    Forgetting rating in the thread title & post.

Forgetting fanfiction update-date in thread title warn points: 1
    Forgetting to add the update date in the thread title.

Additional Accounts Violation warn points: 5 Either immediate ban, temporary ban or Hell-time
    Violating the rules on having an additional user account.

Theft Policy Violation warn points: 10 Immediate ban
    Violating the rules on the theft policy.

* These might be altered, deleted, updated as an Administrator sees fit. Make sure you keep yourself updated. When the thread is updated, the date will be added to the thread title.
    Last edited by Julie; 8th January 2008 at 17:25. Reason: Updated to add a new warning type!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Re: Warning System and Warning Types (revised Jan 31st 06)

Revised Jan 31st
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Double Posting warn points: 1 | Can have alert? Yes
    Posting two different posts at the same time
    Can you explain this more in detail, because once when I was just browsing the forus I went to post in the movie name game and the band name game and I guess I posted too fast, because it said something along the lines of wait X mins before trying to post again.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar

Persephone, it's posting one right after the other in the same thread, or posting the same response twice in the same thread

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaby
    Persephone, it's posting one right after the other in the same thread, or posting the same response twice in the same thread
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was under the impression it was posting one after another for ANY threads...

Revised January 8th, 2008

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

Re: Warning System and Warning Types (revised January 8th 2008)

Hi Julie,
    Not sure why I'm coming up unregistered. I have two questions on Double posting. It used to happen to me a lot. I think its my internet provider. When I posted a reply it didn't show so I'd post again then two would post. I would delete the second one. Can we still delete posts? If you do double post and delete the second one do you still get a warning?
    Thanks
    Bets

Quote Originally Posted by LEXNCHLOEROCK View Post
    Hi Julie,
    Not sure why I'm coming up unregistered. I have two questions on Double posting. It used to happen to me a lot. I think its my internet provider. When I posted a reply it didn't show so I'd post again then two would post. I would delete the second one. Can we still delete posts? If you do double post and delete the second one do you still get a warning?
    Thanks
    Bets
    Hey, sorry for the late reply

The whole unregistered thing, VERY strange! Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache (internet temp. files) and cookies, re-starting the browser, and re-logging in?
    Edit; It appears you are logged/registered in now :S

As for double posting, you can try this. If it doesn't show up the first time (like you get a blank page or something), you can try and go back to the thread page and hit refresh. Then if the reply is there, it's there. If not, try to post again.

You should be able to soft-delete your own posts. Meaning that they'll still be there for the mods and me to see, but not for everyone else. Then when/if I pass by it, I'll simply delete it from the database itself, and no warning will be issued

Let me know if you still come up un-registered!
    Last edited by Julie; 15th February 2008 at 18:09.

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply. No more problems with logging in so far. We'd just got internet updates when that happened before. Thanks also for your help with the double posting issue. I will try that next time it happens.

Thanks
    Bets

Closed Thread

Thread Information