+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Chloe (PG-13)

Leaving...

Getting Chloe (PG-13)

Title: Getting Chloe
    Summary: Chloe is obsessing over Clark, Lex likes Chloe. Will Chloe see what she has right in front of her? How will Lex take her Clark blinders off?
    Rating: PG-13
    Pairing: Chlex
    Disclaimers: I don’t own Smallville although I wouldn’t mind it if Lex came over for a visit…
    Feedback: It’s always appreciated even from the ones that just lurk around the boards and leave no replies whatsoever.
    A/n: Thanks to my beta (meeaz) for beta-ing.

1. Frustrated

Just once I’d like a chance with him if anything at all. A kiss would be nice but I’ve kissed him twice. I know all I’ll ever be is second best. Well that’s not good enough for me. Chloe’s thoughts were jerked away by the sound of Clark’s voice approaching Lana at the counter. They were always friends and nothing more, but that wasn’t fine with her. She wanted them to be more than friends. She wanted him so bad. Chloe watched Clark take notice of Lana and her pretty figure. What did Clark see in Lana that he didn’t see in Chloe.? That bewildered her. Maybe all Clark saw was a pretty face and nothing more.

The Talon was Chloe’s place of getting away from her busy schedule, to indulge into some coffee for comfort from a stressful day. Sometimes beating a deadline can be stressful. Everyone would know when she was trying to beat a deadline, because she would be more jumpy and snappy than usual. She even blew off Lex once. Chloe sighed as she watched Clark like studying a book. She was so into him that she jumped at the sound of Lex’s voice.

“Wow, I’ve never seen you stare at Clark like that before.” Chloe spun around to see a smiling a Lex. She quickly hid her feelings and expressions as best as she could. She felt embarrassed because she was caught staring. Lex thought nothing of her emotions and sat down. He took a seat next to her. He thought she was a little crazy for staring at Clark it freaked him out. All he came here for was to ask her out on a date, but she seemed way to busy consuming herself with Clark like thoughts. He thought about breaking it off and asking later when she wasn’t so busy. He stared out the door of the Talon out of boredom. Fresh snow began falling over the small cow town. It was December after all. What a perfect opportunity to watch the snow with someone you love. If only Lex could break her train of thought.

“Chloe, I was wondering if you’d like to have dinner with me tomorrow night?” He said as he turned his head to look at her. He thought he should just take the risk anyway. At first he thought she wasn’t listening because she was still staring at Clark.

“Chloe?” She felt him tap the back of her shoulder. She blinked once or twice.

“Did you say something Lex?” Her head spun around to meet his eyes. Lex felt a wave of frustration and smirked. He hid his emotions immediately. Chloe couldn’t tell what he was feeling. She could care less anyways. Once her mind was in Clark mode it was impossible for her to get out of. It would take a miracle or so Pete said. He knew of her obsession.

“That was a joke Lex. I think I’m free.” She said and took a glance at Clark. Lex gave a frustrated sigh. This was already bothering him.

“Either you are or you aren’t Chloe.” He snapped. Chloe placed a smile on her lips while turning to face a frustrated Lex.

“I’m free. What time?” Lex felt relieved to at least have part of her attention.

“How does eight sound?” He asked and glanced at his watch. The snow started to fall heavily.

“That’s a little late for dinner don’t you think?” Lex gave a slight smile of frustration.

“Chloe, I’m a busy man.”

“So you manage to spare time for a friend?”

“I don’t manage I do. Are you going to be there or not Chloe?” He was beginning to get snappy.

“Great I’ll tell Chloe.” Chloe heard Clark’s voice and saw him approaching her.

“Chloe, keep tomorrow night free I’m having a small gathering.” Chloe got excited and forgot that Lex had asked her out to dinner.

“Sure I’ll be there. Your place again?”

“Yup. Oh, you’d better get home before you get snowed in.” Clark joked and left.

Lex felt hurt by Chloe’s choice in mind. What could possibly be so special about a get together over at the Kent’s? Lex watched Chloe’s smile grow bigger. What did Clark have that he didn’t? Chloe got up to leave.

“Bye Lex.” Lex gave a weak smile and sat there all alone. Like he should be.
    ------------
    I understand if you wanna beat the crap out of Chloe...

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Vicious Cycle (PG-13)

Yes I do and if I were Lex I would say forget her.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Can I join the queue of people wanting to knock some sense into Chloe?????? She seriously needs a sharp blow to the head and maybe that will make her see what is right in front of her, i.e the most perfect man that ever walked the earth ~ Lex friggin' Luthor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine what the hell she was thinking blowing off a date with Lex for a hillbilly gathering with the world's most boring farmboy, i mean only he could make being a superhero seem boring!!!

That was a really great first chapter and It seems like its gonna be a funny and interesting fic, I'm looking forward to seeing how Chloe reacts when she finally realises what an idiot she has been lusting over little boy CLark when she could have had Lex!!!

Update again soon...PLEASE!!!

Kimmie

NS Full Member

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie
    I can't imagine what the hell she was thinking blowing off a date with Lex for a hillbilly gathering with the world's most boring farmboy, i mean only he could make being a superhero seem boring!!!

Kimmie
    LOL! You description of Clark is too funny.

But, honestly Chloe does need to see what's in front of her.
    Update Soon.

Re: Getting Chloe (PG-13)

Definitely agree there, lol looks forward to the next update.

Leaving...

lol that's too funny.. once I get the next chapter back I'll post it.

Wannabe Lover of Da 'Baum Donutte's Avatar

OMG, what is up with Chloe? Can't she see that she has something good right in front of her? But noooooo, she'd rather go to a gathering with Claaaarrrrk... *blech* Dude, I look forward to the next chapter with bells!

Members

Smile Re: Getting Chloe (PG-13)

Really interested in your story! hope you update soon!!!

-K

Leaving...

2. Snowed In

Friday night came all too fast for Chloe. She was excited at what Clark had planned. It was usually loud music fun and games. She lived for those nights. The snow never stopped falling since last night. Kansas didn’t get that much snow in the winter. It was very cold as Chloe made her way to the yellow house. Her arms were wrapped around her from the bitterness of the cold. She could really use some coffee right about now. She made her way in and was greeted by Clark. They were playing monopoly and Lana was giggling.

“Hey Chloe glad you made it.” Chloe gave her whatever smile and noticed it was couple night. Even Pete had a date. Clark saw Chloe’s shocked expression.
    “Uh.” She started.
    “What is it Chloe?” He asked worriedly.
    “Nothing.” She joined Pete on the couch with his date. Gosh even Lois had a date. This isn’t fair. He knows I’m single! She was enraged. After waiting a few minutes she couldn’t stand it any longer and went out to the loft despite the bad weather.

Apollo Lex’s cat rubbed up against Lex’s legs while he sat at his desk. She meowed hoping to get his attention. He stopped what he was doing and got the message. He picked her up and placed her on his lap. He began petting her head. She immediately began purring. He wasn’t much of an animal lover but he had found her on the street, by his mansion one night. He felt compassion for the feline and brought her in.

“At least I can get your attention.” He said as he petted her head. The cat meowed in response as if agreeing with him.
    “You know I wasn’t an animal lover but I don’t mind it so much. How do you think I should get Chloe’s attention Apollo?” He asked. The cat sniffed his mouth and jerked away. She meowed again as if telling him what to do.
    “Maybe your right. If you’ll excuse me Apollo I have to go.” He lifted her off his lap and set her on the ground. He went to put his coat on.
    “I don’t want you going outside tonight. It’s still snowing and I know you don’t like water.” He said as if the cat would listen to him. He left for Clark’s get together.

Lex made his way up the stairs in Clark’s loft. He was told he would find Chloe there. There he saw her looking through Clark’s telescope. She didn’t have her coat on and he noticed that she was shivering.

“Chloe?” You could see his breath it was so cold. He moved closer towards her. Her head shot up.
    “L-l-lex.” She tried to get out. She was so cold she couldn’t speak properly. Lex saw her lips were almost blue. It must’ve been below zero. He quickly took off his coat and wrapped it around her. She smiled as he did that.
    “W-wh-wh-,” Lex interrupted her.
    “Chloe, you can barely talk let’s go inside.” He said seriously. She shook her head no.
    “Clark, d-d-d-d," She would have kept going until Lex ushered her out of the loft. Her teeth were chattering. Lex got that concerned look in his eyes. He started walking her towards the yellow house. The snow beat on them as they walked. His arm was around her. They finally came in the house to the sound of laughter. The snow immediately melted as the heat touched them.

“Looks like the game is still going on.” Chloe could talk a little better now that she was in the warmth of the house. Lex looked towards the living room and saw the couples playing a board game. Chloe put her arms through Lex’s jacket to get more comfortable, and sat at the kitchen table. She thought it was generous of him to offer his coat, and sacrifice his body heat.
    “You look like you could use some coffee.” He took off his gloves and set them on the table. He turned on the kettle and her eyes lit up.
    “Decaf?”
    “I don’t drink decaf Lex.”
    “You’ll never get to sleep then.” He said as he searched for the coffee. Chloe ignored his comment, and watched for a while and decided to help him out.
    “Top cabinet on the right.”
    “That was my next guess.” He lied as he went to the top cabinet. He found the coffee and set it down on the counter. The kettle whistle blew and Lex removed the kettle to a different burner, and turned off the burner.
    “Right Lex.” She said in a sarcastic tone. He smirked as he put coffee in the cup, and then poured the water. Steam drifted out.
    “I’m not sure what the Kent’s have in coffee dressings.” He said as he handed her the coffee.
    “Black coffee is fine.” He sat across from her. He stared at her and took in her beauty. She blew across her coffee mug and took a light sip. Chloe took a glance at Clark and the gang and wondered what all the fuss was about. They stopped playing the game and were just talking and having a grand old time. Chloe was not have a grand old time. She was thinking about Lex’s dinner date. She wondered if she would’ve had a better time with him then she was having here.

“Lex, is your dinner offer still open?” She asked as she turned to look at him. He was shocked that she remembered.
    “Sure Chloe.”
    “Good, let’s leave now.” She went to take his hand and practically dragged him out of the house. He quickly grabbed his gloves as he was being hulled away by an anxious reporter.

Lex and Chloe drove off. Chloe was mad at Clark because he didn’t’ tell her that it was couples night.

“I’m so mad at Clark. He knows I’m single.” She mumbled under her breath. Lex felt relieved when he heard single. The snow that was falling looked like ashes from a volcano.
    “Chloe, I can barely see. I’m afraid we’re going to have to go to my mansion for the night.” Chloe felt a slight wave of panic but remained her cool. She got out her cell phone and called her father. She let him know that she was staying at Lex’s. Gabe wasn’t too thrilled with the idea but he let her because it was an emergency. Lex saw the lights on by his mansion. He followed them so he could see. They got there safely and went inside to his office.

Chloe saw his cat sleeping on the couch. She was shocked that he would take in a pet. She thought he didn’t like animals.

“I didn’t know you had a cat.” Chloe said surprisingly as she went over to pet it. She started petting it under it’s chin. Apollo began purring loudly. Lex heard his cat purr.

“How’d you do that? Only I can make her purr.” He said shocked as he sat on the couch.
    “Cat’s love it when you pet them under their chin.” She moved her fingers to Apollo’s cheek. Chloe sat down next to Lex. She sighed. Apollo meowed and went to sit on Chloe’s lap. Lex smirked.
    “Once you pet her that’s it.”
    “Oh so she’s spoiled then?” Chloe started petting her again.
    “Something like that. Would you like anything to drink?” He offered.
    “I’m underage Lex.”
    “Of water?” He went to open her a blue bottle of water, poured it in a glass, and handed it to her, as he sat down.
    “So what about dinner? I’m starving.”
    “Right.” He went to call the cook to bring them some food. Within a few minutes the food arrived and they ate.

“Mmm. That was so good.” Chloe said as she put her fork down.
    “Any dessert?” He offered.
    “No thanks Lex. If I eat another bite I think I might explode.” She joked. Lex chuckled.
    “Any chance that I’ll make it home tonight?” Lex went to look out the balcony.
    “Not likely. The snow is still falling pretty heavy. I think you might have to spend the night.” That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. He thought and closed the door to the balcony.
    “Where will I sleep?” Lex turned to look at her and he smiled.
    ----------------
    Hehe... I know what you think Lex is thinking... you'll have to wait for the next chap.

Re: Getting Chloe Ch2 (PG-13)

Hands up who wants to kick Clark's ass!!! That was such a Clark thing to do, inviting Chloe round and not telling her everyone had dates...AAAAGGH he is such an unbelievable ass!!! Ok now that's out of my system, I can say I loved that update and i'm so glad Chloe finally saw sense & went to dinner with Lex!!!

Kimmie

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information