View Poll Results: NS E-zine, good or bad idea?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent! DO IT

21 84.00%
  • Good idea, go a head...

4 16.00%
  • Mmmm, why not...

0 0%
  • Ugh, why bother?

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NS E-Zine, good idea or bad?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

NS E-Zine, good idea or bad?

Just wondering how many would like an e-zine for NS. Things in it would be like

Interviews (NS related)
    Arts
    Fanfiction tidbits from upcoming fanfictions
    Nat's analysis
    Latest news
    This weeks/months hot topic
    site of the month
    behind the scenes stuff
    contests

etc etc

If you have any ideas on what you'd like to see in it, feel free to post here or submit it to the Naughty Cookie Jar!
    Last edited by Julie; 13th October 2005 at 00:10.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar

Re: NS E-Zine, good idea or bad?

Good idea, and if you need any help with stuff like interviews, I'd like to volunteer.

Great! Thanks NBG! I'll definitly be needing some help It won't exactly be fun if I interview myself lol
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Cool, were you thinking mostly author interviews in the same vein as what Lark was doing? Any other kinds of interviews/profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl
    Cool, were you thinking mostly author interviews in the same vein as what Lark was doing? Any other kinds of interviews/profiles?
    I was thinking interviews with me (and perhaps Warunee, if she hangs around the board again) where users themselves could enter questions they're wondering about (to an e-mail address, which I won't read), um, member interviews, staff interviews,...

If Lark's interested, she'll still do the fanfiction author interview thing

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar

Could I have a column for Continuity Crackdown: A Bitter Fan Lashes Out? I'd love to pinpoint the things all of us notice goes wrong in the show....and the reasons certain characters/storylines that aren't emphasized should be.

The E-Zine is a great idea, Jules. I say go for it and let me know if you need any hands.

Cranky, I don't see why not!

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you guys know if/when I need help Just currently waiting for my one download to finish, then I'll start playing with a site design. (My laptop is fragile, can't handle downloading, Photoshop and Dreamweaver at the same time... lol... poor baby)

Quote Originally Posted by crankychick
    Could I have a column for Continuity Crackdown: A Bitter Fan Lashes Out? I'd love to pinpoint the things all of us notice goes wrong in the show....and the reasons certain characters/storylines that aren't emphasized should be.
    Aww, man, cranky, that sounds like your niche!

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl
    Aww, man, cranky, that sounds like your niche!
    You know it, NBG. It's time I use my sardonic gifts for good. Imagine reading a mini-Smallville analysis with "Great Moments in WTFism". It would be funny and would make many people continue to watch the show even when they were disenchanted with it. I know I personally stuck through parts of last season because of some great recaps/analyses I was reading online.

Also, I think NS has a lot of great discussions going on at any given time. Not only is the fanfiction analyzed, but the show itself....the characters.....overall story arcs/motivation....and possible future outcomes. I'd love to get a bit more of that going here. When good analysis takes place, good fanfic gets written. I'm all for that.

If you guys/viewer have any ideas for a fun name, just drop it in the Naughty Cookie Jar! Or here, if you want to

Thread Information