+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Burns Blue, NC-17, Arrival one-shot

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Sugar Burns Blue, NC-17, Arrival one-shot

Nonky, this was a brilliant fic!

Now this is a Chlex relationship that I would love to see on screen. They may love each other, but they don't fully trust each other--YET.

Their bantering was perfect, and the smutty scenes just as fabulous

Wonderful, just wonderful.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar

dude... when he mentioned the safe word part i nearly had a heart attack! that was awesome. very real and could be happening in the series. coolness!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

great story and i love the twist ending that was just perfect.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I don't usually look in the "completed" forums so I would've missed this gem of a story if it hadn't been for the "fanfic trailers" thread. Thank goodness I found it, anyway. Awesome story, wonderful "amoral smut" and our favourite couple at their best: toe to toe, conflicted, semi-evil, and almost naked in more ways than one.

As always I love your way of completely turning everything on its head; after reading so many of your stories your plot twists still catch me out nearly every time-- which is either saying a lot for your narrative wiles, or very little for my powers of perception, but never mind that. It's also incredible how you managed to blend the monolithic angst at the beginning with the complicated love and tired humour of the ending.

The dialogue rocked, especially Lex's I'll-watch-the-cubs-in-Serengeti line. Couples have their own embarrassingly trite little songs, and Chloe and Lex have their own extended metaphor. It's sweet in a demented you're-thinking-way-too-hard-about-this way.

I also like that there's so much honesty between them. The fact that it's that at the forefront of their relationship, rather than emotion or even trust, says a lot about what the two of them really need, and are able to give each other. The conflict and uncertainty also adds a nice sense of imbalance and tension to the fic which gives it lots of depth and human complexity. I especially like this line:

Eventually we’ll have to decide to trust each other completely or call it quits,” he said quietly. “Love doesn’t last when it’s constantly scrutinized. I don’t like how I treat you sometimes.”
    And the fact that it's Lex saying it. <3

Every time I don't think it's possible for your writing to get any better, it does. I'm so jealous I'm a granny smith.

One day, nonky, you must take over Al/Miles' brain (or the corresponding void) and put this on the show.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

This is great............I love the smut. I especially loved this part :

"Meaningless,” he assured her, smiling tenderly despite himself. “All my sick, demented love is yours.”

It just is so sweet.

Thumbs up Re: Sugar Burns Blue, NC-17, Arrival one-shot

Wow! That was good.

Awesome

...sleep all day. Senior Member Ainur's Avatar

Their love was kinda twisted but at the same time I found sweet. This thing that they have between them works, so more power to them. I really like that Chloe is working with Lex and that she told him the truth about Clark. The smut and the story were amazing and very entertaining. Great job!

Oh wow oh wow! I loved that fic! I think that you should rewrite all the eppys of S5 this way. (Just my personal opinon and riound about way of hinting *oh please oh please*) I love that Chloe and Lex are working together. Its so great that they are honest with one another, and they treat the relationship realistically. What a great piece as always. I am quite envious of your creative abilities. Excellent job!

great twist and hot smut. good job.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information