Author: TwirlWriter
    Type: Angst
    Pairing: Chlex
    Rating: PG
    WARNING: This is sad.
    Beta: None
    Disclaimer: I don't own Smallville I make no money writing this story
    Archiving: if you want it just ask
    Summary/Notes:This is really short but I needed to write it.....they say write what you know........well sadly I know what its like to lose your dad at 16....my dad passed away on Feb. 6 03 one day after my 16 b-day........by writing this story I feel better.......and I had to make it Chlex........it fit. I dedicate this story to my friends Tina-who was there for me just to sit and let me talk or not talk. To Kate who lets me vent about every and anything. And to Brain who after my father's death has been able to make me laugh and understands. And to every one at NS every one has been kind I can't thank you enough.

"I'm sorry but your father has passed away"

I stand there stunned. My mind freezes.....all I can do is nod my head numbly. I get threw the paper work without really thinking. I drive home.....alone. I walk in to my house...not even an hour ago did I think I would be coming home without my dad. I go up to my room and lay on my bed...the tears just come.....I cry I cry that life isn't fair I cry for the life I will never have back.....I cry for my daddy.......my heart knows what my mind doesn't........my daddy is gone.

I wake up by the sun shinning into my room.....I slowly wake up and look down at my self....for a moment I don't know why I'm still in my clothes...then it hits all over again.......in less than 24 hours my life had changed.

I make phone calls to the right people......my voice is hollow.....I say the same thing to every one...."I afraid that I have some horrible news My father had a heart attack in the kitchen last night and died.:" I get pity from those I know some I don't know....its all a blur. My aunt comes and tells me every thing will be all right.....she takes care of the funeral things.....

The day of the visitation......I have to go shopping......the entire time the only thought that I have is 'I'm shopping for clothes for my dad's funeral.' The visitation was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go threw......standing there while everyone asked me if I was OK........I wanted to scream at them "What kind of question is that! My dad is gone and is never coming back.....how could I be OK!" My friends try and comfort me but I can't listen..........they don't understand.

The funeral was nice, as nice as a funeral can be............I still don't want to believe it I'm a 16 year old teenage girl with out a dad......he won't be there to see me go to college or give me away at my wedding or see his grand kids.............I feel so alone no one understands.........I stand here looking at my fathers grave......every one else has gone.........or thats what I thought

"I'm not going to ask you if your OK. I know your sick of it you probably feel like screaming at the people who ask you that" a voice behind me says......I turn around to see Lex Luther standing behind me......he comes up beside me and takes my hand in his

"I can't stand it.....no one under.."

"Stands. Your right they don't they morn for a brief time and then go on......but you are the one who has to live day by day with out the person who loved you more than anything" He says squeezing my hand

"I feel so alone." I tell him

"Your not, I understand you feel like you can't go on....that you'll never be happy again.......and you won't ever fully get over your loss. But it does get easier. You'll be able to wake up and not think about how alone you are......it will always be there with you the pain....but it will become less painful." I look at him after he says this..... I look into his eyes and I know he is telling the truth

"Thank you" its all I can say

"Its not a problem it will never be a problem....come on we can go to manor.......we can talk about anything or nothing." he says pulling me with him towards his car still holding hands

"Okay" and I give him a small smile......all of a sudden I don't feel so alone. Someone understands....I will get threw this.......and I won't ever be completely alone......and I am comforted my that thought.

Five years later

I stand in front of my fathers grave like I have so many times be fore........five years ago on this day my dad died.........some much has happened since then.

"Hi daddy, I'm sorry for not coming much anymore....things have changed.....I finished school early I'm now a Journalist." I smile no matter what I love saying that out loud. I place the lilies on the grave.

"I have some great news! I'm getting married! I know I can't believe it! Hes wonderful and I know you'd like him cause you did a few years ago. In less than a week I will be Mrs. Chloe Sullivan Luther" I smile again five years ago I thought my life had ended.......but it was just beginning. I had to go one without my dad but I knew he would have wanted me too. Its hard to believe that out of something so crushing something so wonderful could happen.

"I know it sounds shocking who would have thought! Me and Lex. But I love him and he loves me he has helped so much the last few years. He understood five years ago what I was going threw and he understands now what its like." I smile at the memories of the past five years. Even without my dad they had been good years hard years yes, but still good ones. "So daddy you don't need to worry about me! As you know Lex will take care of me. And he even let me redo the manner my own way. We are happy and I'm finally content with my life. But I will always miss you daddy I love you some much" I look down at the head stone again and wipe my tears away.

I hear footsteps on the muddy ground behind me and I turn around to see Lex standing there much like that time five years ago.

"Are you okay?" he asks me as he comes up and puts his arms around me

"I thought you never asked that question." I answer smiling at him

"Mmmm I take it by your reply that thats a yes." He says pulling me closer

"I think he would be happy for us don't you think?" I ask him looking at the grave once again.

"I don't think I know. And he wouldn't be happy for us. He is happy for us." Lex tells me smiling warmly I snuggle closer into his embrace

"Your right he is happy he know you'll take care of me and love me." I say

"We'll, take care of each other Chloe I promise you." He says and then he looks at the grave and says "Don't worry Gabe I intend to keep that promise I will take care of her and love her."

"We need to go now daddy I love you" I say and Lex and I walk back to the car "And I love you Lex more than I ever thought I would."

"I love you to Chloe."

I again smile to myself content in knowing that I am loved and taken care of. It has been hard in the past but the future is looking up greatly.

The End

Aw, that was so cute. And it would figure the one to understand would be Lex

odd duck
    That was very sweet. Lex would understand, he lost his mother.

NS Full Member
    That was really cute!

NS Full Member
    and :sad: but it was good : !

It hit you right here (pointing at the heart) ** sigh ** It was definitely a :chlexsign1: story.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar

Re: With Out A Daddy (PG)

(I tried merging the threads but this part came out first so I've copied it and posted myself although it originally came from TwirlWriter) - tigerbaby

Disclaimer:I don't own Smallville I make no money from this story.
    Author: TwirlWriter
    Rating- Pg

AN This is the last little bit to 'With Out A Dad' a story I posted right before the Fic page died. If you want the first part just email me and I will send it to you.

Five years later

I stand in front of my fathers grave like I have so many times be fore........five years ago on this day my dad died.........some much has happened since then.

"Hi daddy, I'm sorry for not coming much anymore....things have changed.....I finished school early I'm now a Journalist." I smile no matter what I love saying that out loud. I place the lilies on the grave.

"I have some great news! I'm getting married! I know I can't believe it! Hes wonderful and I know you'd like him cause you did a few years ago. In less than a week I will be Mrs. Chloe Sullivan Luther" I smile again five years ago I thought my life had ended.......but it was just beginning. I had to go one without my dad but I knew he would have wanted me too. Its hard to believe that out of something so crushing something so wonderful could happen.

"I know it sounds shocking who would have thought! Me and Lex. But I love him and he loves me he has helped so much the last few years. He understood five years ago what I was going threw and he understands now what its like." I smile at the memories of the past five years. Even without my dad they had been good years hard years yes, but still good ones. "So daddy you don't need to worry about me! As you know Lex will take care of me. And he even let me redo the manner my own way. We are happy and I'm finally content with my life. But I will always miss you daddy I love you some much" I look down at the head stone again and wipe my tears away.

I hear footsteps on the muddy ground behind me and I turn around to see Lex standing there much like that time five years ago.

"Are you okay?" he asks me as he comes up and puts his arms around me

"I thought you never asked that question." I answer smiling at him

"Mmmm I take it by your reply that thats a yes." He says pulling me closer

"I think he would be happy for us don't you think?" I ask him looking at the grave once again.

"I don't think I know. And he wouldn't be happy for us. He is happy for us." Lex tells me smiling warmly I snuggle closer into his embrace

"Your right he is happy he know you'll take care of me and love me." I say

"We'll, take care of each other Chloe I promise you." He says and then he looks at the grave and says "Don't worry Gabe I intend to keep that promise I will take care of her and love her."

"We need to go now daddy I love you" I say and Lex and I walk back to the car "And I love you Lex more than I ever thought I would."

"I love you to Chloe."

I again smile to myself content in knowing that I am loved and taken care of. It has been hard in the past but the future is looking up greatly.

The End

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Thank you for giving such a sad story a happy ending!! Poor Gabe and Chloe!! I'm so glad that Lex was there to help!!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

that was so sad but i am glad that lex was ther for chloe and loving her like she deserves to be loved just like he does. i am glad that it ended happly.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

I loved this fic even though it was a bit sad in the beginning.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

:d

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information