+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nights Torn Mad with Footsteps (NC-17)

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: Nights Torn Mad with Footsteps (NC-17) updated 8/2/05

Great updates--you've got a really complex and absorbing story developing here. I really like the Chlex interaction; it's very complicated and quite intense, which has always been how I've understood a potential relationship between them. I like how you've left a lot of things hanging in terms of their motivations and intentions. The slight ambiguity in their interaction is excellent, since neither character would easily put all their cards on the table, even if they were trying to be honest.

“Sometimes I feel like I’m destined to have you slip away again and again.” She could feel his voice vibrate through her body. And though his inflection remained devoid of emotion, she felt thrown hearing such a vulnerable statement leave his lips.

“You and your obsession with destiny,” she whispered, wondering what stopped her from attempting to alleviate his fear. Her own mortality too fresh in her mind, she supposed.
    Loved this--it hits on so much of what I love about Lex and the way I can imagine Chloe matching him. Wonderful moment.

I can totally buy Clark's not realizing it's Chloe. If she's supposed to be dead, the possiblity wouldn't enter his mind, and the familiarity could be explained away by family resemblance. It does, however, reveal how blind he's always been to Chloe--which works very nicely in this story.

Did you have a lot of this written before, or are you just writing it that quickly? Either way, thanks for the quick updates.

Wonderful update. I love how he makes her feel safe and that he can't avoid being drawn to her. I know it is not really in her nature but sometimes I wish she was a little more concerned about self-preservation than exposing some random truth. At least at this point let it be about justice for Lois and not about her need to expose some shady element, it just seems too selfish to allow those around you to get hurt.

I cannot seem to get enough of this story. It's really appropriate the way that Chloe and Lex interact, they know so much about each other and have so much history and yet they seem to be treading lightly...worried to see where things may lead them again.

I also like the idea of Lex and Chloe's "relationship" starting with such a simple touch...

“You always start with such an innocuous touch. Like it means nothing. Just a casual meandering impulse.”
    It makes sense I guess. Lex no matter what he is feeling or how passionate he can be is still human. He needs to put out his feelers before plunging in headfirst. But that's just my take, I just thought it was interesting that instead of just jumping Chloe in both instances (in the past and in the present) he just needed some contact first. Another great update, you're doing such a wonderful job.

Steph*

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Great update. Love the Chloe/Lex relationship here. Can't wait for more.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh wow this is so intense. I am so glad they are there for eachother. I hope they both can figure this out so they can be together.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar

Excellent update. Loving the Chlex and the very complex nature of their relationship mixed in with the problems of Chloe's investigation. Great update.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

I am glad that you updated.....this story is so intense and complex. I like it.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Nights Torn Mad with Footsteps (NC-17) updated 8/2/05

Fantastic Chapter. I can't wait to read how this story unfolds!!! I love it.

NS Full Member

This story to me, is quiet. A lot of things seem to be around whispers, even the characters have that quality. I like the depth that Chloe has in this and how everything is connected. I thought that the funeral service scene is my favorite so far, how assuming Lois identity was going to keep Chloe seperated fro those she loves even more so now. I felt for Chloe when she realised that Gabe and herself would no longer be able to talk to each other as freely, because of the strained relation between himself and Lois.

I enjoy the depth of the relationship of Lex and Chloe. How fragile they both come across through their thoughts, I agree with Zannie with her assessment of their relationship. The last part of dialogue was also a great move.

Looking forward to your next update.
    'I build you out of nothing to have you near
    I remembered you on trains
    So now you're on every train I hear'
    Something For Kate: Old Pictures

Oh this is sooo great. I love it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information