+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ends and Means - R *Now Complete* w/ PDF Posted

Re: Ends and Means - R - Prologue 6/24

This story sounds really interesting, excellent beginning! Can't wait for your next update...

Kimmie

Oooh, lovely, a new NBG fic! It's got me hooked so far, especially since I've seen Thomas Crown Affair a dozen times and have a sneaking suspicion what to expect next. *wink* Can't wait to see more!
    :-)
    Em

NS Full Member

Interesting, on many fronts. Looking forward to the rest of the story!

NS Full Member

Wow !!! Great start , now give us more because we are all greeady little Chlexers who like stories like this , you know , with a plot and some action and then some ACTION.

NS Full Member

very interesting, i'm liking it

lea
    xxx

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

Why, oh why do I have to find this when I have no time to read it? I will be back first thing tomorrow morning with feedback for what I know is an excellent story....
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

You have a new story! I'm very excited since this was a particularly interesting beginning. Chloe may be more low key in her own mind but I can only imagine the trouble that she can get into working as an investigator especially once she sees Lex again. I can't wait for their first encounter, update again soon!

Steph*

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar

*jumps up and down like overgrown chipmunk*
    New fic with Brucey! New fic with Brucey!!! Wheeeeee!

Just wondering what your secret is. One prologue and you already have me hooked! Amazing really.

Fantastic beginning. This looks like it's gonna be a very interesting ficcy and I can't wait for more!

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

*jumps up and down excitedly*

It's here! It's here! It's here!

*sits back down from exhaustion*

Awe, NBG, I am rarely, if ever hooked after the first chapter and this has done it. It has all the things i've always wanted in a story-- Lucius, paranoid Bruce, sexy Lex, and investigative reporter Chloe. This is truly fantastic and I can't wait until the next update. But first of all-- I have to comment on a few things that just immediately grabbed my attention.

“You’re fidgeting,” came a deep voice from his left.

“I am not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“I don’t fidget, Lex,” replied Bruce icily, his tone a cue to Lex to drop it.

“Fine, have it your way,” replied Lex.
    The banter you have between the two if spot on and exactly how I would always imagine it in a situation like this. I've always seen Lex as the more sure, more confident one of the two (having been around business his who life, and just having that overconfident attitude) Whereas with Bruce it's a facade (a very well placed and played one at that). Anyway, I loved that opening scene.

“Hey, CJ, why’d you start without me?” said the voice.

Sputtering slightly, Chloe glared at the man who slid into the empty seat at her table.

“Gee, Danny, maybe because you’re a grown man who hasn’t mastered the art of telling time yet.”
    Alright I just had to comment on this because this sounds so alike to another CJ/Danny pair that I know and love, and I was wondering if that was on purpose or coincidence, but whatever it was it was done wonderfully and I love that two. Just another quirky thing about this story that I'm so excited to see developed.

Finally someone, probably Sanders, broke the silence.

“Which…uh…which one of us is calling that in?”
    I was giggling throughout the entire last scene and I just had to comment on the last line of the chapter-- it was exactly what I would picture being said in a movie. The fast paced humor you lace throughout the story makes the read even better.

Love it, Love it, Love it, Love it times a billion trillion.

Please update soon!
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

You know how much I love this story, and I'm ecstatic that you've started posting it--since that means more for me to read soon. Your prologue sets up the plot thoroughly and with tantalizing details. It's an incredibly well-developed plot, and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information