+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [HELP] User Control Panel Options

NS Full Member

Re: posting

Okay, because I've been busy with life-crap and felt I had nothing worthwhile/interesting to say about Smallville lately (and is it any wonder, during summer hiatus? Not that I feel I *ever* have anything interesting to say, really.) ... I'm now a lurker. Fine. I read about that new policy before, so I thought I would be, so I made time to come here and fix that. What I didn't know, was that as a lurker, not only am I not able to read fanfic... I can't even access my Profile/User Control Panel Options. Until I post, anyway...hopefully *this* post will take care of that (unless I get banned for complaining, of course!) Don't you think that's a bit excessive a "punishment" for not coming here more often? What if we need to access our profile urgently to change a password because our computer was hacked into, or something like that? (No that hasn't happened to me...recently. ) I just don't understand. I thought the fanfic forum was the only thing that would be unavailable to Lurkers.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrose View Post
    Okay, because I've been busy with life-crap and felt I had nothing worthwhile/interesting to say about Smallville lately (and is it any wonder, during summer hiatus? Not that I feel I *ever* have anything interesting to say, really.) ... I'm now a lurker. Fine. I read about that new policy before, so I thought I would be, so I made time to come here and fix that. What I didn't know, was that as a lurker, not only am I not able to read fanfic... I can't even access my Profile/User Control Panel Options. Until I post, anyway...hopefully *this* post will take care of that (unless I get banned for complaining, of course!) Don't you think that's a bit excessive a "punishment" for not coming here more often? What if we need to access our profile urgently to change a password because our computer was hacked into, or something like that? (No that hasn't happened to me...recently. ) I just don't understand. I thought the fanfic forum was the only thing that would be unavailable to Lurkers.
    You should be able to access your profile/user control panel options. Did you get any error messages while viewing that page?

NS Full Member

I can now...since posting. The error message said something about not having permission to view...sorry I can't remember the exact wording now!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrose View Post
    I can now...since posting. The error message said something about not having permission to view...sorry I can't remember the exact wording now!
    Hm, that is odd. You're supposed to have access to your UserCP, but I might have overlooked a setting :/ I'll take a look at the settings as soon as possible

Edit: Lurkers have access to the edit password page, but they couldn't view their own profile or change the options, which I've corrected now.
    Last edited by Julie; 5th August 2010 at 14:24.

NS Full Member

Re: [HELP] User Control Panel Options

Thanks - good to know it's fixed. Sorry if I was a bit grumpy/frantic!

Test.

Members

Not really a question about interface, more of a challenged user inquiry,

As I'm not particularly familiar with forums, a lot of my posting has been very ad hoc (many thanks to all the useful posts on the boards, without which I wouldn't have been able to post anything!). I was wondering how to thank other users in my posts? I've seen it in other threads but couldn't locate it in any of my options. I'd love to be able to use this one as my time/ability to reply to reviews is often limited, but I would like to at least acknowledge all the wonderful responses and suggestions, and thank people for reading

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zadie View Post

As I'm not particularly familiar with forums, a lot of my posting has been very ad hoc (many thanks to all the useful posts on the boards, without which I wouldn't have been able to post anything!). I was wondering how to thank other users in my posts? I've seen it in other threads but couldn't locate it in any of my options. I'd love to be able to use this one as my time/ability to reply to reviews is often limited, but I would like to at least acknowledge all the wonderful responses and suggestions, and thank people for reading
    Once upon a time there used to be a Thank you button but, just like other features, it was disabled following an important incident which messed up with the Script. I also remember some hacking which forced Julie to do without a few "perks".
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by zadie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Once upon a time there used to be a Thank you button but, just like other features, it was disabled following an important incident which messed up with the Script. I also remember some hacking which forced Julie to do without a few "perks".
    Lexie is right, we used to have a "thank you" button, but I had to disable all extra forum stuff because NS was once hacked and I had to re-install everything from scratch

Just say thank you in a post, and add a reason to why you liked it, and that will be OK. We mods don't like just "thanks" type posts, so add a reason and you'll be just fine
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Members

Thanks to you both

It's probably for the best anyway, as it will discourage me from any backsliding into lurking!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information