+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Parallel Universes And Passionate Embraces (NC-17)

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Do I really have to say it again? Well ok *heavy sigh*

It's awesome, incredible and I WANT MORE NOW!!!!

there, you've heard it, now gimme an update *stamps foot*

hugs,
    Sabby

odd duck
    Ahhh, Lex, just in time. More NOW!! :yay:

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Okay, I'd like to think it's Lex in her head, but am I wrong to have a slight suspicion that the voice is "other Dimenson' Chloe? Then again, I could still be high on allergy medication!

Update soon, this is great!

Sara

NS Full Member
    Love it! I can so imagine him saying that, too. More soon please.

Blue

hurlingturtles
    Just a Guest!
    For those of you who didn’t want to like Clark all I have to say is- “What do you want? Blood?” The man is suffering from a broken heart. Sure he’s a dumbass on the show, but he’s not evil…Now that I think about it, putting that in some story could be interesting. Oh, and I’m sad. I never wanted this story to end. Maybe I should do a sequel of some kind. What do you think?

Part 7-

*Freja return me, return me from whence I came*, she said louder in her mind. *Freja return me, return me from whence I came…*

*What?! Wait a minute, Chloe-* Lex protested.

*FREJA RETURN ME, RETURN ME FROM WHENCE I CAME!!!* Now she was shouting the words in her head, drowning out Lex’s voice. The words throbbed in her skull but she kept chanting them. A roar began as a whisper in her ears and grew louder and louder until she thought her eardrums were going to explode.

And then it happened.

She felt a sharp pain in her chest, as though someone was trying to suck out her heart through her breast plate with a straw. Her skin went numb and she lost all sensation of being in her body. She was floating in an inky black pool of nothingness.

Then there were lights, tiny little orbs of rainbow color that danced merrily about her. They brushed against her but Chloe couldn’t feel them. A woman emerged from them. She was an Amazon, amazingly tall and voluptuous with masses of fiery red hair that fell to her waist. She wore a leather bodice with a long flowing skirt and filmy shawl.

The woman spotted Chloe and smiled. “You again?” Her voice was like rain on a summer night, beautiful and cleansing. Then she frowned. “Why are you here? You want to return to your former dimension? But you belong in the one you’re in now. I never make a mistake about that.”

Chloe wished that she had a mouth so that she could talk to her.

Freja sighed, knowing what Chloe wanted to say without words. “Stubborn humans, don’t know what’s best for them. You want to go back, fine. But first…” She waved her shawl and she was gone.

More lights passed her by. Chloe wasn’t sure if she was moving or if the lights were just moving around her. She felt like the Millennium Falcon shifting into hyper-drive.

Then another person came into focus. It was…herself.

The other Chloe frowned. “So you must be the other me that I switched with. What do you think you’re doing now?”

*Switching back* she said in her mind, hoping that the other Chloe could hear her.

“Why? You belong in my old dimension now.”

*Why don’t you want to switch back?* she asked instead of answering.

“I like this one better. It was too stressful in mine. I didn’t love Lex like he loved me. I wanted out of the relationship but I couldn’t figure out how.”

*You didn’t love Lex?* Her feelings made it hard for her to understand that anyone, much less her other self, could not love Lex.

“No, I don’t, but I’m guessing by the way you said that that you are.” She smiled. “That’s good. I didn’t want to break Lex’s heart. I’ve been thinking about it and I think I have it all figured out. You and I are basically the same person, true. We both have the tendency to speak our minds and want to know everything about everyone. But we’re also two different people. We were raised differently, our friends are different. We are not totally the same. We are different versions of ourselves. I am a possibility of you and you are a possibility of me. Lana in your old dimension is straight, but somewhere inside her are homosexual tendencies. That’s how it's possible for her to be gay in my old dimension. So somewhere inside of me there is the possibility to love Lex. I just haven’t realized this possibility. You get what I’m saying?”

*Makes sense* Chloe agreed, impressed by her own brilliance.

“I guess I could switch dimensions again if you’re unhappy. It’s not fair of me to make you stay because I don’t want to.” The other Chloe muttered reluctantly and began to fade away.

She started to feel the pain again, the feeling of being sucked to another place, and she knew she was leaving.

“NO!!!”

The lights stopped moving past her, looking like frozen shooting stars.

“Chloe! Don’t leave me!” Lex appeared before her as a transparent copy of himself, lights glowing through his body. He stretched out his hand to her, his face twisted emotionally.

*How did you get here? Why shouldn’t I leave?*

“I followed you in through your mind. And you shouldn’t leave because I love you!”

*No, you love the other Chloe,* she said.

The other Chloe appeared beside her again. They were replicas of each other in all but clothes. “Tell her Lex,” she said. “She’s terribly confused.”

“I love you both,” he admitted. “You were in my head when we made love, didn’t you feel my love? Do you think I could feel such incredible passion, such terrifying tenderness if I didn’t love you?”

*You can’t love us both!*

“Yes, I can. You both are Chloe. You are the same person. The only difference is that you love me and the other Chloe doesn’t.”

Chloe’s resolution to leave wavered just a little bit.

Lex’s voice grew a bit louder as he seemed to sense her hesitance. “And your love makes every bit of difference. I could never be truly happy with the Chloe originally from my dimension because she doesn’t love me back. You’re the Chloe I want. I need you. You make me whole.” He drew closer to her until he stood right in front of her. He looked deeply into her eyes and raised his hand as if he were cupping her cheek. She swore she could feel his gentle touch and something turned over inside her.

“Chloe, I only want you happy. If you really want to leave me, I’ll let you.” His eyes were bright with unshed tears and his voice was raw. “I just wanted you to know that we fit, that you’re the only Chloe for me. I’ll never be the same if you leave, but knowing that you’re happy will make it easier to live each day.” He took a deep shaky breath. “Goodbye, Chloe.” Then he faded away.

*Wait, Lex!* she cried.

She didn’t want to leave, she realized desperately. She loved both Lexs, too. But she belonged with this Lex, the Lex that loved her. His dimension was her home now.

The other Chloe grinned. “Good. I would’ve argued with you forever even if he hadn’t shown up, you know. Stubborn as a mule, we both are.” Then she vanished too and Chloe was alone with the beautiful lights.

The pain shot through her again. *No!* she shouted in terror. She changed her mind! The lights dimmed around her and the numbness faded.

“Chloe, Chloe,” a voice chanted from some distance.

“I told you so,” Freja’s voice said merrily.

Suddenly Chloe was back in her body. She scratched the back of her neck absently and felt feathers brush against her fingers.

“Chloe!” The call was closer and more urgent

She opened her eyes to see Lex’s face close to hers. His eyebrows were furrowed and lines bracketed the corners of his mouth. He grabbed her by the arms, his grip almost painfully tight, and he shook her frantically when she continued to stare at him blankly. He clenched his eyes shut and a single tear slipped out of his left eye.

“Please tell me you’re my Chloe,” he whispered in despair. He sat on the floor in front of her chair and buried his head in her lap.

His words made her snap back to reality and she realized that she hadn’t switched dimensions. “Oh, so it’s *your* Chloe now is it?” she teased.

He looked up at her, his eyes searching hers for a minute. Then he smiled, not a reluctant half smirk sort of smile, but a smile that lit him up from the inside. He stood and drew her into the warmth of his arms. His mouth was brutal on hers, a mixture of desperation and joy in his kiss. Chloe sagged against him with a delighted sigh.

Tally cleared her throat. “Yes, well. If you’re done with my coat can I have it back?”

A rumble of laughter shook Lex. They parted and Lex looked at her feather coat. He arched an eyebrow. “Chloe, you could start a new trend.”

Chloe gave him a weak jab in the stomach and gave the coat back to Tally. “Very funny. If you’re not careful you’re going to make me wonder why I didn’t switch back after all.”

Lex’s smile dulled significantly. “You don’t regret not switching, do you?”

Chloe pulled him closer. “No, I was just kidding. This is where I belong, I know that now.”

“Good.” Lex brushed his lips over her cheek to nip her ear playfully. “Now, let’s go home and I’ll do my best to remind you why you belong here,” he growled suggestively.

She slipped a hand underneath his shirt, savoring the feel of his skin with her touch. “Hmmm, yes,” she said. “You know, I’m finding my memory isn’t as good as it used to be. I think I’ll need frequent reminders.”

End.

NS Full Member
    that was awesome... cant wait for the next one!!

odd duck
    That was great! :worship2: And I think a sequal is deffinitely in order.

Awww, over??

<--sad monkey

Write another one, pretty please?? Or at least a smut-filled epilogue. :biggrin:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    :yay2:

That was a terrific ending&#33; I&#39;m so glad that Chloe stayed with the Lex who loved her. *happy sigh* Great job&#33;

NS Full Member
    Good story. It&#39;s nice when the characters actually make the right choice. Unlike the ones that I yell at through my TV.
    Nicely done.

Blue

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information