+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about reputation points!

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Re: Question about reputation points!

oh, ok. that clears it up.
    thank you.

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar

To show your rep points:

UserCP > Edit Options > Show My Reputation Level > tick box.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fima
    i see that you've (the board?) put every post of mine today in another thread. so i'm guessing i got the disabled rep because i put my posts in the wrong place? i feel like crying i sound like such a loser.
    That has nothing to do with the disabled reps. See above response from Renee as to how you can see your rep points.

The posts were moved as there were other similar threads already started.

As far as I knew disabled rep just meant that you, the member had turned off the "Show My Reputation Level" option. Your rep points and power are both still fully intact. The only time you need to worry is if the little box turns red - that means your in negative because points have been taken away. If that happened for any reason Jules would be sure to contact you and tell you why.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Disabled rep points has nothing to do with your rep power. It only means that the option in your Control Power has been turned off. It doesn't effect either your rep power or points in any way. It just means that people don't see how many green boxes you've acumulated.

see, and i just noticed at the videos that meghan036 has a red box. how did meg get that?
    If anyone has a red box it means that an admin has taken points away for innapropriate conduct. Having just looked in the Videos forum I believe that the points were taken from meg as punnishment for attempting to plagerise another member's work.

You might also like to read this thread where other people have asked similar questions to yours.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar

ok. so what is the disabled rep about, tigerbaby? i'm not very concerned with my reputation points actually. but does this disabled rep thing mean that i don't get to use my rep power anymore? if so, why not? and how do i get it back? can i get it back? i feel like i've lost my vote.

The black box next to your rep power under your user ID isn't anything negative. As Renee said, worry, when it's red. When we first moved to the board, everyone had a black box. It turns green based on the amount of rep power you have. You can give rep points away, but seeing as you have a little black box, it shows up as a little black box to the other person. There's a FAQ section here somewhere to address those, which I'm sure Renee gave the link but for now I wouldn't worry too much. It's dependent on how active on the board you are, how often you post and if people give you rep points as well.

Again, if it turns red, then you worry.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Just adding a little note here, that a member of the board can also give negative reputation points. It's not just me or Warunee (the other admin). This is a pretty down-to-earth community, so I'm trusting my members to use the negative reputation correctly
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by vardaquareien
    To show your rep points:

UserCP > Edit Options > Show My Reputation Level > tick box.

Hey all. Thanks for pointing this out

Unfortunatley for me, I don't see that option available in my CP. Unless I am seriously blind.

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingjen
    Hey all. Thanks for pointing this out

Unfortunatley for me, I don't see that option available in my CP. Unless I am seriously blind.
    Since you have yet to find it, here's how:

Go to quick links, click 'my profile' it near the bottom right above 'who's online'.
    Then look on the left side of the screen where it says 'control panel' then 'settings and options'. Click 'edit options', it's the 4th down from ' sttinga and options'.

Now you first have 'login and privicy', under that is 'use invisible mode', then under that is 'show me my reputation level', that's what you want. click the box that says 'show me my reputation level' written next to it. then go to the bottom of the page and click the 'save changes' button.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information