+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question about reputation points!

Re: Question about reputation points!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylyna
    Since you have yet to find it, here's how:

Go to quick links, click 'my profile' it near the bottom right above 'who's online'.
    Then look on the left side of the screen where it says 'control panel' then 'settings and options'. Click 'edit options', it's the 4th down from ' sttinga and options'.

Now you first have 'login and privicy', under that is 'use invisible mode', then under that is 'show me my reputation level', that's what you want. click the box that says 'show me my reputation level' written next to it. then go to the bottom of the page and click the 'save changes' button.
    Followed each step, but seriously, I don't have it in my cpanel. I swear. Oh well..no biggie, but thanks for trying to help

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

your welcome, it could be because you have cookies for the site block of something else on your computer that's not allowing it or even your browser.

i'm sorry that you where unable to change it.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Quick question I see when I look at my user CP I have 15 reputations points but when I look under my avatar I see I only have 11 showing. How come the other four aren't showing up?

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hfce
    Quick question I see when I look at my user CP I have 15 reputations points but when I look under my avatar I see I only have 11 showing. How come the other four aren't showing up?

Hope
    Um, Hope, you have 3626 reputation points, and 486 reputation power ...
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Um, Hope, you have 3626 reputation points, and 486 reputation power ...
    Oh I see that but I was talking about the green square things that are under the points. So its the number not the green boxes that I look at then.. Ok I get it now.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

What are these reputation points you speaketh of?

Read the thread, tried to follow the link (it's dead), and I have no clue what's going on. Seeing as I cannot actually see any rep points anywhere (and can't find the option for them in my CP at all).

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momdaegmorgan View Post

Read the thread, tried to follow the link (it's dead), and I have no clue what's going on. Seeing as I cannot actually see any rep points anywhere (and can't find the option for them in my CP at all).
    This is a feature that used to exist on the old forums but that was disabled by Julie. If I'm not wrong it showed how popular a member was depending on the points he/she was given by other members. It worked in a way similar to the Thanks button that you can click at the bottom of a thread. The more points you got thanks to the votes of the members the higher you could get in the ranking.

When I checked it our earlier today it simply showed the most popular thread starters depending on the number of visitors they had to their threads. Maybe Jules disabled that particular statistics later in the evening.

On some other forums your reputation varies depending on the number of posts you have... or on how valuable they are to other users.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd April 2010 at 02:24. Reason: grammar mistake
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I figured they were closed down since I wasn't seeing rep points anywhere, for anyone, but then I saw it in the tops menu and started to wonder if I was just missing something somehow.

Thanks for the heads up!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

You're welcome. I've just corrected an odd-looking structure in my previous post. Blame it on the Easter Egg Hunt- I'm somewhat dizzy.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd April 2010 at 02:25.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momdaegmorgan View Post

It was a feature we had way back, that we disabled because of a bug in it. The points were growing unnaturally, so I disabled it.

As for the statistics, I haven't had a chance to tweak the statistics yet, so I'm guessing it's just picking up on everything that's possible to track And some other boards still use the reputation feature
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information