+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about reputation points!

Re: reputation points

I gave amber a fewso now they are showing so she could see.....
    Ahhh righty, coolness.

Okay, I see my rep points on my user CP, and some nice things other auhors and readers wrote. But how do I boost someone else's reputation? Or give them the Rep compliments...so to speak. I didn't find the answer on Jules' post, but maybe I missed it.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelda
    Okay, I see my rep points on my user CP, and some nice things other auhors and readers wrote. But how do I boost someone else's reputation? Or give them the Rep compliments...so to speak. I didn't find the answer on Jules' post, but maybe I missed it.

At the bottom of the user name there are a bunch of symbols. Just click on the balance/scale. If you hover, there should be balloon that says "add to username's reputation." You should get pop screen asking if you agree/disagree and go from there.
    Last edited by tigerbaby; 22nd April 2005 at 13:33.

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Question Question about reputation points!

Ok on another board that I post, when someone gives or takes reputation points from you it is shown in the post that they did this on, and whatever comment they made.

Will it be shown on this board, or will only the user know who gave and took there points?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Question about reputation points!

It is not visible in the actual post how much a user gives/takes, but one can see the total points in the usersprofile page.

However, the user who gets points, or has points taken away, can see the actual points taken/given in his/her UserCP.

As well can myself and Warunee see all the reputation points "actions" in the Admin logs...
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Cool, it's better than having everone see.

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Question Another question about reputation!

How long can it take before your reputation starts to show?
    I have posted about 50 posts in the last 3 days, but have not seen any difference in my reputation as of yet.

Re: Another question about reputation!

Firstly, when posting something that already has a topic, just reply in the existing topic...

To see reputation points, you need to recieve some from others. To see your reputation power, that depends on how much your post, how often you post, how much you are online on the board etc etc. There's no exact timeline.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Sylyna
    Just a Guest!

Re: Another question about reputation!

Sorry about that.

So basically your saying until someone gives me some rep points, that what I could have will not show up til then?

No no, rep points and rep power are two different things. Rep points are points given to your by others, and you will not see this before you are actually given some reputation points.

Rep power is what you can give/take to/from others. F.ex, if you have 30 rep power, you give/take 30 points...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information