+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Mother's Day To Remember (PG-13/R - T/M)

NS Full Member

A Mother's Day To Remember (PG-13/R - T/M)

This might be familiar to some of you guys. I am working on a Mother's Day fic this year but got side-tracked by real life and Veronica Mars Mother's day fic too. Hope this keeps you satisfied until it's finished. So, look forward to a belated Mother's Day fic, dudes and dudettes. And for now---here's one my muse mused me with last year. Enjoy.

Title: "A Mothers Day To Remember"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/R - T/M (for suggestive situations and language)

Category: Chlex married, futurefic, songfic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: Chloe has a Mother's Day to remember.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, it's characters, a famous line from Jerry McGuire, the lyrics to When You Say You Love Me, and Josh Groban, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, FFA, MD, N.S. Forums, SFF2004, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to all the mothers out there and the fathers that pamper them. Enjoy. And thanks to David for the quick beta.

"A Mother's Day To Remember" - by PMD

I had just dropped off Jon at the Kent farm. He was looking forward to playing with his Uncle Clark and Nanny and Papa Kent. But I think it was the kittens that really interested him. For a 3 year old, he was pretty wise for his age and I'm thinking, he was going to be working really hard on his father to get him one---first step---take a picture of him holding one, with a pleading look. He got that look from me---and it works every time. Lex is such softie when it comes to him and his look.

I let out a sigh as I open the door to the mansion. I'm exhausted---it's been a long day for me---Saturdays often are for the lady of the house. Shopping with Lana; who knew there were so many stores in Smallville to check out. Coffee at the Talon; running after Jonathan Gabriel to make sure he was ready to go; getting him over there and then coming back.

I walk over to the steps and sit down, with a thud.

"Lex?"

Silence.

"Lex, you better be here."

Silence once more. Okay, I thought we were going to have some alone time---I guess not.

I get up and start slowly up the stairs.

I reach the landing and sigh---I never knew our room was so far away from it---seems like miles. I start towards it and make it there, eventually. I open the door and look in.

"Lex?"

"I'm in here."

I walk towards the disembodied voice and look in our bathroom. I let out a gasp. It's---"Lex, this is---"

He turns from the edge of the porcelain tub he's sitting on and smiles. "Romantic?"

"Wonderful---but romantic works too," I reply, walking into a room lit by candles and the wafting scent of jasmine and lavender. "Oh my God, I've married the most romantic man in the world."

He gets up and walks towards me, opening up his arms and I walk in gladly. "Happy Early Mother's Day," he whispers.

I smile at that, remembering a time when Lex was apprehensive about ever becoming a father. He was afraid he would turn out to be like Lionel because that's all he knew. I argued that if that were the case, I’d abandon the child. But I know that I never would, because of the pain I endured of being abandoned myself---and he wouldn't do it for the same reason. He would love and put his child on a pedestal. And over compensate with him probably---considering his record of lavishing me with presents. He had me at hello, I kept telling him. You don't have to give me diamonds or dresses to keep me here---that smile and voice was all I needed. And the arms surrounding me with love and affection.

I let out a sigh.

"Okay? Didn't over compensate, did I?" he asks.

I back away to a smile on his face.

"No---just the right amount of compensation, considering the day I've had."

"Oh---Lana took you to how many stores today?" he asks, with a smirk.

"Too many. I mean, Jon is 3 not 10. Ah well, she means well but sometimes---"

"---you wish you could tell her to back off. You should---it might help."

"Maybe but let's not think of Lana right now. It might---ruin the mood," I say, walking back into his arms.

"Ah---Chlo---maybe you should get out of my arms so you can enjoy the tub before the water gets too cold?"

I back away again. "What? Oh--you're not joining me---this time?"

He chuckles. "No---I've got other things to do. This is for you and you alone." He backs away more, giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaves the room.

"Your loss," I yell out. I hear his laugh, like a balm to my tired and weary soul, and I smile. Just hope he remembers what other special day this is too.

~

"Ahhhh---heaven is a bath drawn by your husband," I sigh out.

"It's not making love to him?" I hear from outside.

"I thought this was my alone time---stop eavesdropping!"

"Sorry---just one thing---do you need anything else?"

I think. Then I remember. "Lex, there's something that I bought yesterday. It should be on the chair in the walk in. Could you---?"

"I'll get it."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Don't look inside the box---it's a surprise for you."

"Never let it be said that I would ever want to ruin a surprise from my wife," he answers, with a chuckle.

"Yes, it could be hazardous to your health," I quip, eliciting another chuckle from him. Then I hear him move away.

A few minutes later, my eyes closed and lost in the bubbles, I hear the door open and sense him coming in. "Thanks, Alex."

"You won't be long, right? I'm getting lonely out here."

I open my eyes to look into blue eyes, sparkling with anticipation for tonight. "No---I'll just be a bit."

"Good," he states, as he starts towards the door.

"Alex?"

He turns around and looks at me. "Yes?"

"I love you."

The silence is deafening and the entire world disappears as he gives me his warmest smile. "I love you too. Hurry up."

"I will."

~

I can take the fastest bubble bath in the world if I know that my husband is waiting for me and nobody else is around---even the servants were given the night off.

I smooth down the black silk nightie that I bought yesterday at the store. I think Lana would have blushed at some of the nighties there. But the revealing ones didn't come in the color I wanted. I had a semi-revealing one on now---my cleavage given its best look ever.

I smile at the woman in front of me, remembering a night, a few years ago, and a similar black nightie---which lasted one night. He was such an eager beaver and I guess I couldn't blame him---he had waited till I graduated high school and had a couple of years of work under my belt before we consummated our relationship.

He made that night as special as tonight was turning out to be---candles burning, champagne chilling, strawberries, grapes, and a shower for two. After that---well, it was wonderful. And on that night, he asked me to marry him and I gladly accepted.

One other night flits through my mind---our wedding night---the night that Jonathan was conceived. Our little boy---the future of the Luthor name but also, the chance for Lex to have somebody to look up to him. Not that I didn't, considering how tall he is, but our son was his salvation---proof that he was far better than his father---and he would never be his father.

Jon could get anything from Lex---within reason. And Lex had made a decision the day he was born---that Jon could be anything he wanted to be when he grew up. He didn't have to take over the family business---he could be a teacher, a singer, anything his heart desires. And he looked forward to creating a little brother or sister for him---hence stopping the curse of having siblings that Lionel created. Only normal sibling rivalry---no hating each other. I thought I could never love him more than I did before that statement but I was wrong.

"Chloe---did you fall into the toilet?"

I chuckle at that. "No---I'm coming."

"Not now, but you will be soon," I hear as I walk out of the bathroom. I snicker at his obvious sexual innuendo and then I stand there stunned.

"Oh my God!" I reply.

"You like?"

"I love," I answer, as I look at him. He's wearing silk bottoms---black like my nightie. Then I steer away from him, looking around the room. More candles are lit and over in the corner is champagne chilling.

"You look---exquisite," he breathes, as he walks over to me.

"What? No strawberries?" I quip.

He hits his head. "Damn---I knew there was something I forgot," he verbals back.

I give him a slight smile. "We'll survive."

"Oh, we'll more than survive, my love," he replies, pulling me into a deep kiss.

His hands roam over my back and he pulls me close, letting me know how he really feels about the nightie. God, I wish I wasn't so tired---how do I tell him I just want to lie down and cuddle and not ruin his male ego.

He backs away, staring into my eyes. "You're tired."

"Wow---haven't lost that psychic edge have you, Lex?"

He gives me a smile. "Remind me to tell Lana not to take you shopping on a night when we're alone. Maybe---maybe if you have a rest---a short sleep, you---?"

"Yes, a nap will definitely get me raring to go," I answer, pulling away and leading him to the champagne. "But first, a toast and I think I have the energy for a slow dance?"

"One drink, one slow dance, one nap, and one mambo in bed---fair enough."

Men---sometimes even the most intelligent of them never grow up.

He hands me a flute of champagne. "Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart."

We clink our glasses and take a sip. Then he takes them away and leads me to center of the room. He places a kiss on my palm and leaves me for a minute to start the music. As he comes back, I recognize our song---the song we danced to after he proposed; the one at our wedding; and now our anniversary song. Josh Groban's voice files the air as he leads me into our wonderful dance of the night:

"Like the sound of silence calling,

I hear your voice and suddenly

I'm falling, lost in a dream.

Like the echoes of our souls are meeting,

You say those words, my heart stops beating.

I wonder what it means.

What could it be that comes over me?

At times I can't move.

At times I can hardly breathe.

When you say you love me,

The world goes still, so still and silent.

When you say you love me,

For a moment, there's no one else alive.

You're the one I've always thought of.

I don't know how, but I feel sheltered in your love.

You're where I belong.

And when you're with me if I close my eyes,

There are times I swear I feel like I can fly

For a moment in time.

Somewhere between the Heavens and Earth,

Frozen in time, Oh when you say those words.

When you say you love me

When you say you love me

For a moment there's no one else alive.

And this journey that we're on.

How far we've come and I celebrate every moment.

And when you say you love me,

That's all you have to say.

I'll always feel this way.

When you say you love me

When you say you love me

In that moment I know why I'm alive.

When you say you love me.

When you say you love me.

Do you know how I love you?"

As the song ends, he backs away from the swaying we were doing and whispers, "You do know?"

"With all my heart," I whisper back, leaning up. I'm about to kiss him when the phone rings. I bounce back to the floor. "You didn't turn off the phone?"

"I couldn't. What if something happened to Jon?" he queries, moving away and taking my hand.

"Oh God, I forgot about Jon. I'm a bad mother," I say, with a frown.

"No---I'm a bad father for distracting you."

I shake my head. "No---we were just caught up in the moment and you did remember to leave the phone on. Speaking of which, shouldn't you answer it?"

We're at the bed now and he reaches over for the receiver, putting it up to our ears. "Hello?"

"Daddy, Mommy?"

"Yes, Jon, it's Daddy and Mommy," he replies, with a grin. "Are you having fun with Nanny and Papa Kent?" he adds.

"Yes."

"Good---want to speak to Mommy?"

"Yes." A boy of few words.

"Here she is," he replies.

"Hi, Baby."

"Jon a big boy now!"

I hear Lex chuckle and I snicker. "Yes, you are a big boy now but not big enough not to get a hug from Mommy when you come home tomorrow, right?"

"Daddy, not big enough to not get that."

'That's my boy,' Lex mouths. I just slap him.

"Jon, what are you doing up so late?" I ask, looking over at the clock and seeing it's 9.

"Nightmare."

"Awwww---did Nanny Kent help you get over it?"

"Yes. But I needed you too."

"Awwww---Mommy and Daddy love you very much, Sweetie. Jon, are you feeling better now?"

"Yes, Mommy. Mommy, Daddy, I love you."

"We love you too, Son," Lex replies.

"Night, Mommy, Daddy."

"Night, Son," Lex replies. Then the dial tone is heard. He places the phone back down and pulls me into his arms.

"Why is he still having nightmares, Lex?"

"I guess he's afraid my father will come back and kill us to get to him. He is a special little boy."

I back away. "Yes, I guess your father could use his empathic abilities to his advantage."

"Not to mention that he doesn't have the ability to get sick either. Well, we'll protect him---"

"---with the abilities he's inherited from us. Lex?"

He looks down at me. "Yes, Chlo?"

"Thank you for a Mother's Day to remember---and a wonderful anniversary, Sweetheart."

"Well, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Tomorrow is the real Mother's Day and we're going to be spending the day with the Kents and our wonderful son."

"Yes we are and I'm glad you only allowed me one taste of champagne."

"Why's that?" he asks me.

"Next year, there will be an added guest to the celebration."

I move to the center of the bed, waiting to see his reaction. It goes from surprise to realization of the enormity of what I've just said in mere seconds. "A baby?"

I nod my head and watch as he joins me, covering his body with mine, like a warm comforting blanket of love.

He presses his lips to mine and I drink in the love coming from them. Then he backs away and moves to one side, pulling me into him and letting out a sigh. "I love you, Chlo."

"I love you too, Lex," I reply, finding myself drifting off to sleep, in the arms of the one meant for me. And thanking God for this gift of a mother's day to remember and never forget.

The End.

Re: A Mother's Day To Remember (PG-13/R - T/M)

It was so sweet. You definitely know how to write amazingly sweet stories!
    Thank you!

NS Full Member

Hey Meg:

Awwwww---thanks, sweetie. Glad you enjoyed it, Hon. The one for this year will be up hopefully early next week---if I can get her away from Weevil. <g>

I just realized that I'm so used to Chlexes , theoretical children, being named either Gabe or Lilian [ or some L name] that you threw me out of the loop with Jonathan although his second name [Gabriel ] helped me back on track
    What a sweet fic. I love romantic Lex and I could just feel the love he has for his son. The ending was just perfect. Great work!

Addicted to Baby Luthors bluengreenswmer's Avatar

That was so amazingly sweet!!! I love your Lex and now I wonder why the world isn't full of them....I want my own Lex!!!

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

PMD wonderful fic! I luv married Lex and Chloe! Little JG is so cute! I loved the line about men not growing up even the most intelligent ones! LOL

NS Full Member

Hey Guys:

Krysia: Awwww----thanks, sweetie. I love coming up with names for children and love that Lex has the chance to prove what a good father he is. As to the name this time, well, sometimes I go off in the other direction and since I loved the moments between Jonathan and Lex on the show (too few at times), that's why the first name. Glad you enjoyed the story, hon.

Blue: Yeah, me too---I want my own Lex. Glad you loved the story, sweetie. And why do I think we'll have a line up around the world, several times, of people who want their own Lex? <bg>

Lexnchloerock: Awwwwww---I love Lex and Chloe married fic too. Glad you enjoyed JG. And sometimes that last line is true in fiction and in real life---no insult intended for the men on the list. After all, this can sometimes be a very endearing quality to a man. Glad you loved the story, sweetie.

And I promise---the newest Mother's Day piece will be coming along soon.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Aww that was so sweet. I love married Chlex with kids.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member

Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. Another belated Mother's Day fic to come.

Smile Re: A Mother's Day To Remember (PG-13/R - T/M)

Really enjoyed it. Excellent story.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information