+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rules of Enmity: NC17

Members

Re: The Rules of Enmity: NC17*chp 29... 12.18.05*!!!!

I love this story...update soon!!!

That was a fabulous update, trailing through her bruises was so intimate and revealing somehow. Not sure I can describe the emotion there. Loved the sex and that they were so into it that they forgot he protection (not that i advocate that kind of thing normally). More soon, please...

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

Well, I've been sitting here for the past five hours or so and have made it to page 31. But I have to go now. I will definately be back later to finish it though. I love this fic. Your version of Lex is just plain sexy and that part where he told her she was pretty was incredibly sweet. Loving it!

This story just keeps on getting better and better and of course it has nothing to do with the smut riiight. Still great, the image of Lex studying all of Chloe's bruises and wounds was touching. She is one badass chick that can roll with the punches but now at least they're getting along, they're happy and we're getting all the smuttiness, lol. Great job.

Steph*

Very hot update and also sweet!!!

NS Full Member

That was hot!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it.............I can not wait for more..........Please update soon..............

Loved the chapter It was really great how he discovered all the bruises. Can hardly wait for the next chapter

sarajane02
    Just a Guest!

I have been reading this fic all along, but I have yet to post any feedback. I have really enjoyed this story, Keep up the good work!

NS Junior Member

Another great update. Poor Chlooe with all the bruises and injuries.

Bring on the rubber duckies.

Lex was already lounging in the tub when Chloe stepped out of the shower. She patted herself off, just so that she wouldn’t leave a trail of water across the marble floor. She caught a glimpse of herself in the large mirror that hung over the sinks and did a double-take.

“Wow, I look like shit.” Then she tilted her head and met Lex’s eyes, reflected from behind her. “Is this bathroom really so big that the mirrors don’t fog up?” The room was filled with steam, but the mirror was still clear. Lex’s eyes were on her bottom when he answered.

“They heat the mirrors,” he said. “It’s inconvenient to have them fogged up when you’re trying to shave…if one were to shave.”

“Interesting detail.”

“One of many that makes this suite the one I choose when I stay here.”

Chloe ran her hand over her hair, still not used to the brown.

“I think I’d prefer the fog, right now.” She turned and walked to the tub. Lex looked relaxed and stared at her with a lazy appreciation. He didn’t look too bad himself. With his usually pale skin was flushed and damp from the heat. He pulled up his knees when Chloe stepped into the tub and sat across from him. She lowered herself in slowly and he frowned with concern.

“Did the…Doctor I sent you give you something for pain?”

“Yeah, but it makes me drowsy so I’ve just been taking hot showers and doing a lot of yoga.” She winced, then her eyes closed in relief as she leaned back against the back of the tub. “Anyway, the stuff she gave me is really good for helping me to not hurt myself in my sleep. I’ve pulled back muscles before, and sleep ends up being the worst thing if I’m restless.” She shrugged. “I just end up hurting myself if I don’t have something to keep me relaxed.”

“Are you a restless sleeper?” he asked, then bit his lip. “Well, when you haven’t been recently traumatized.”

“Yeah,” she said, opening her eyes and looking at him with a slightly tired, but serious expression. “I haven’t slept well, regularly since high school.” She shrugged again, this time, it didn’t seem as casual. “I really hate all of the labels people put on stuff, but my regular doctor is one of the few people that I talk to about everything that happened back in high school.”

“Do you see a counselor?” Lex leaned forward and picked up one of Chloe’s feet. Being careful not to rub open any of her cuts, he pressed his strong fingers into the undamaged skin, soothing the tension from the muscles.

“I did for a little while after my dad died. I wanted to work through my…anger. He called it grief.” Chloe reached behind her and pressed the button, starting the jets that began the whirling, soothing motion they both hoped would soothe their pain. It obscured their forms to colored masses under the bubbles. “He didn’t think I was dealing with the loss in a healthy way.”

“Hard to believe.”

“Tell me about it.” She sighed as Lex’s fingers found a particularly sensitive spot. “What about you?”

“I was forced into counseling once, but then my doctor ended up dead.” Chloe pulled her foot away and sat up. “What?”

“Nothing, it’s just that…I remember her. Clark and I went to talk to her about not using the shock therapy on you.” Chloe stopped talking.

“You tried to help me back then?”

“Yeah, I didn’t go into the details when we were working on putting your father in prison.” She relaxed again. “For what it’s worth, she was trying to do the right thing when she died.”

“I don’t sleep well, either.” The comment came out in a rush. Lex leaned forward and ran his hands up her arms. “First time I slept more than four hours without waking was with you; last night.”

“Me too.”

They looked at each other for a minute; but the mood was broken by a ringing phone. Lex grabbed a towel and hopped out of the tub. He picked up a small receiver beside the sink and listened for a moment.

“I’ll be right there.” He hung up and knotted the towel around his waist; Chloe pouted aver the loss of the sight of his backside. “Back in a moment.” He left the bathroom, and Chloe heard voices in the suite. She was tempted to turn off the jets to hear better but it would be too obvious that she was eavesdropping. Lex came back in with a plain, white-handled bag. Out of it he took a bottle of water, a tiny blister pack of pills, a small, clear bottle, and a rubber duck. He set the water and pills on the sink. The duck and bottle, he brought with him.

Chloe didn’t need to ask what the pills were for. Her stomach fluttered uncomfortably with the thought of taking them. Lex poured the contents of the bottle into the tub and almost instantly, mounds of frothy bubbles enveloped Chloe. She smiled with pleasure.

“Had to send out for bubble bath?”

“You’ve no idea how tough it is to find this stuff unscented. People seem to think it should be girly-smelling all the time.” He looked so serious that Chloe laughed at his face. He set the duck in the tub and it bobbed around as he got back in.

“I’ll take those right after the bath,” Chloe said, jerking her head at the counter. “I’m pretty sure that the side-effects are going to make me less-than-desirable company for the next few days.”

“She explained the side-effects to me,” he said, confused. “This type has 2 pills and they rarely cause nausea.”

“I’ve taken that kind once before thanks to a broken condom; if it’s the same reaction, I’m the minority who gets the side-effects. I’m going to be a real bitch cause I can’t keep anything but saltines and water down for about 18 hours…then the real fun begins.”

“Cramps?” Lex’s expression was uncomfortable; but he braved the awkward conversation for her sake.

“Lex, I’ll be frank with you, it’s pre-menstral, post-menstral, and cramps;” she leaned forward dramatically, “with a side order of hormones.”

Lex looked comically frightened.

“Then maybe ducky will make you feel better.”

Chloe looked at the duck; it had been bobbing around them merrily, surfing the bubbles and nudging the occasional knee or toe that stuck in its way. Scooping it out of the water, Chloe looked at it, noticing the chain around its neck. Out of the bubbles rose a pendant. Similar in style to the garnet, but a large, teardrop amethyst surrounded by tiny diamonds. The chain was white gold and delicate, she lifted it over the duck’s head.

“Lex, you didn’t have to do this.” She looked at him in confusion. “I mean, I know I’m going to be bitchy, but I won’t bite.”

“Actually, I picked this out yesterday to go with the purple sweater. I just didn’t find the right time to give them to you.” He looked a little sheepish. “Um, giving you pills that are going to make you miserable for a little while seemed like the opportune moment.”

“Well, not everybody has a problem with them. I just have a sensitive stomach.”

“Do you want me to get you a heating pad and let you torture the room service people for the next few days?”

“Tempting, but I’m going to go home and get my apartment back in order. Sheri and I were going to meet for dinner and she’s helping me.”

“Well, let me know if there’s anything I can do.”

“I have insurance so the repairs shouldn’t be a problem, just a pain for cleanup. Can’t hire a crew when you have confidential information lying around,” she said, pushing the duck back towards him.

“Sooo,” Lex said, catching the duck and dunking it under a few tines. “I know it’s not a giant blue diamond, but didn’t you say something about airbrushing…and your bare buttocks?”

“Speaking of buttocks, I can think of an interesting place we can park ducky.”

“Wow, those pills work from all the way over there?” Lex’s comment was met with a face-full of water and the ensuing splashing fight wet most of the towels and sent Chloe’s new pet ducky flying. Eventually, they both dried off and actually took a two-hour nap before Lex had to get up for another meeting.

Chloe got dressed and went back to her suite. She wore the lilac sweater and a pair of jeans. She didn’t wear the pendant, but Lex gave her the matching earrings and she had those on instead.

Sheri arrived at six-thirty and caught Chloe up in a tight hug as soon as she opened the door.

“I thought security was going to strip-search me downstairs,” she said, running her hands up and down her friend’s arms. “I’ve been worried.” She brushed back Chloe’s bangs and gently touched the cut above her eye. “God, I didn’t see that on the news, you must’ve had a great make-up artist.”

“That wasn’t from the cop.” A lump suddenly formed in Chloe’s throat and tears welled unexpectedly. “Um, I had a…problem, afterward.” The sympathy of a friend broke down the last barrier that had been holding her up and Chloe cried as she told her friend about what Jake had done. Sheri soothed and listened and cried. Then she listened some more as the entire story came out about Lex and Shelley and her, as-yet-undefined relationship. She left out some details about Shelley, as she’d promised, and they ordered dinner.

Chloe excused herself and took the emergency contraception pills in the bathroom. She returned for dessert and ate a light sorbet. A knock on the door surprised her, she hadn’t expected Lex to return this evening.

“Did I miss the food?” Charlie leaned in the doorway, looking like he’d showered and changed since she’d seen him last. His eyes were on the other occupant of the suite and not the table, however. “And who’s your lovely friend?” He didn’t wait for Chloe to invite him in, he just limped past her and over to where Sheri was seated.

“Charlie, this is my friend, Sheri Benson,” she said as Charlie held out his hand and assisted Sheri to her feet. “Charlie is the one I was telling you about.”

“I can’t say how grateful I am for what you did for Chloe,” she said, earnestly.

“You’re welcome to try, Love,” Charlie replied, kissing the back of Sheri’s graceful hand. The elegant woman seemed a little flustered at the gesture. Chloe watched with fascination as Charlie used his charm on her best friend. He certainly didn’t stop by for food this evening; his gaze was intent on the lovely lady standing before him.

Chloe cocked her head and noted that they looked very good standing together. Charlie made his excuses and winked at Sheri before turning back toward the door. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said, dropping a brief kiss on Chloe’s forehead.

“That was…” Sheri looked as surprised as Chloe did.

“Yeah, that, was Charlie.”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information