+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Broken Sonnet Series - Part 3 - Debris - PG - 04/03/07

Mrs. Smith Senior Member JosiCuervo's Avatar

Re: Broken Sonnet Series - I Bruise Easily - PG13 *Complete*

Wow. Great story. If season 4 had even a glimmer of this, I wouldn't have wanted to smash my TV repeatedly for like 19+ episodes. Looking forward to the next chapter.

I'm sorry teejei, I thought I'd left feedback for this fic but it turns out I just said I was going to and then forgot!

Anyway, better late then never, and a good excuse to re-read this story a couple of times!

Firstly, I really liked the Chlark friendship in this story, it's a cute brother-sister vibe, like this part

Clark rolled his eyes and ruffled her hair as they walked towards the door. "You sure you'll be ok?"
    Very sweet, but not encroaching on Lex's turf - just the way I like my Chlark!

There was something about Chloe's pose that tightened his chest, quickened his heartbeat, and pulled him faster in her direction all at the same time.
    I really like this line, it made my chest feel tight too, like her sadness is tugging at his heart.

I feel so sad for Chloe though, to know that a part of him could want to do those things must feel like such a betrayal, even if she knows rationally that he doesn't really want to.

"Those *plans* needn't have pushed through. The mere fact that the thought crossed your mind and that you entertained it proves that Alexander has a firm, if not stronger, grip on your consciousness than Lex has," she argued. "How can you be sure that Alexander won't do an encore performance in the future?"

"Because I won't allow him to!" he insisted. "Chloe, don't give up on me yet."
    And this is really heartbreaking. Everyone always assumes the worst of him but Chloe, who actually trusted him to take care of her, and now even she is giving up on him.

"I'm Lex," he said, loosening his hold just a bit.

"Your Lex," he said huskily.

Chloe's breath hitched. "I don't think I ever had you!" she choked out.
    Oh oh this is just gut wrenching, gets me every time I read it, something about the powerful simplicity of the dialogue, I can just hear the hitch in her voice

"I kissed Lana?"

Lex stared blankly at Chloe's fading taillights.

"But---why?!" his lips curled in utter disgust.
    This made me laugh out loud, must be quite a traumatising revelation I should imagine. I think I'd want to shower immediately.

"I'm looking for the girl I'm in love with," he whispered.
    Awh...Chloe is a strong woman to resist that, but that's why we (and Lex) love her so much!

"I told you that I'll only hurt you in the end. Then you said that you know I'll try not to. And then I tilted your chin and started to stroke it," Lex sighed.

"It's like I was holding your heart in my hands. I thought what I had in my hands was going to be light, soft, smooth and pure. But I was wrong. I felt ridges and clefts. I saw blotches and scorch marks. It felt so heavy with past experiences."

Chloe furrowed her eyebrows at his description but nodded her head for him to continue.

"Despite everything that was said that night, I still---I still had this fear at the back of my mind. That I'd love you to the point of selfish obsession or love you but take you for granted. Either way, I know it would hurt you, and then there'd be another scar, just like the ones Clark left behind, and then you'd hate me and regret ever knowing---" he rambled on.
    I'm quoting this whole section because I really like the imagery of the scarred heart in his hands, and that he was afraid he would hurt her - even though, the silly dolt, he did that by ignoring her - it is sweet, in a clueless kind of way.

I love how he started so eloquent but ends up rambling because he's overwhelmed by his feelings. It really shows how his facade slips when he is around her - and the ending, sad as it is makes sense,

But Lex didn't stand a chance anymore; the words were stuck in his throat and he couldn't even cough them out. The next wave of silence did him in.
    he is too tongue-tied by his feelings to respond in time.

Can't wait for your next fic teejei, excellent angsty job

NS Full Member

Re: Broken Sonnet Series – Part 1 – Reality Bites - PG13 *Complete*

It started so good, but it ended soo bad... Lex really lwft Chloe and went for Lana???? Is this even possible???? Just a mistake, right? Right?!?!

Re: Broken Sonnet Series – Part 1 – Reality Bites - PG13 *Complete*

i don't wanna spoil the fun and rat out the details, but i could assure you a happy Chlex ending. just follow the fanfic links in my sig; Broken Sonnet is a multi-part series. it's advisable that you read it in chronological order, but i think each part is capable to be a stand-alone.

btw, thanks for reading this fic. head on to my other fics and please leave feedback. i'm such a whore for it sometimes.

NS Full Member

Oh, God...
    So, so, so sad...
    But they will find a way to be together, right? Right?!?!

Oh, yes, definitely together in the end.

*peeks in her thread*

just a heads-up, guys. my update is loooooooong overdue, and boy do i know it!

RL's been giving me a hard time lately, and i can't seem to get in the right groove to write. caffeine, nicotine, chocolate and even *gasp* smut don't seem to please the muse.

i hope everyone understands. i'll try to finish everything before the year ends. i'm not making promises coz i just hate it when i can't fulfill them.

This was a fantastic fic, loved the angst and I'm totally not an angsty person!!!

Kimmie

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

ok i just read this and I need more please!

Re: Broken Sonnet Series - Part 3 04/03/07

Hey all.

First off, I'd like to thank Aimee for helping me out with this thread.

Second, I've decided to merge this series' two parts into one thread. No one's post count has been affected by this, I hope. Just doing a bit of housekeeping with my threads.

Third, the Muse is DEFINITELY back! Thanks to the combined effects of N~S downtime [I swear, Julie, it did me a whole lot of good], TwoP, Castville, and the train wreck that is, was, and forever will be Promise. Hey, the SAWs finally gave me something to be thankful for!

Fourth, with the Muse getting into gear again, she has trashed the outline and timeline. Threw them right out the proverbial window. That means from now on, we are all to assume that everything that happened and will happen are set in different AUs and timelines, unless specified. And yes, Reality Bites and I Bruise Easily are from the same 'verse and timeline. All else is fair game.

And with that, I bring you the next installment...
    Last edited by teejei; 4th April 2007 at 03:49. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information