Just a Guest!

Precious Treasure (PG)

Title: Precious Treasure

Author: LarkLuthor

Rating: PG

Category: Future fic

Spoilers: Not really….

Summary: Snooping in Lex’s bedroom…

Disclaimer: I don’t own Smallville, wouldn’t really want to the way fans are going on about it this season…Indulge my little bit of fun.

Authors Notes: I really should be posting the challenge fic I’m working on but this one won’t let go. Dedicated to my Best Friend at NS: Asharnanae, who owes me Mushies chapters.

__________________________________________________ ______

The inner sanctum. The room that all reporters would kill to see, not to mention a large portion of the female population.

Lex Luthor’s private bedroom.

From the silk sheets of the bed to the high-tech gismos on the desk, the room oozed with mystery and excitement. She crept quietly across the floor, feeling the lush carpet underfoot.

Finally the jackpot was struck as she found the opening with the control for a secret compartment by pressing on a part of the bed. Triumph welled deep inside of her. She had broken him. She was the great discoverer of Lex Luthor’s most secret treasures.

Now to figure out the password… It would be something significant to this safe and the meanings of the things within it… Something private and personal. This was his private room, more secure than half the most secret government bases; yet too obvious to keep anything Superman might look for. Absolutely no one was allowed into this bedroom, not the many women, not the faithful minions, the personal employees, not the servants, or even the bodyguards. Only one lone housekeeper, with higher clearance than Mercy and even more loyalty, was allowed in to clean and that was it. His sense of the ironic and the symbolic would shine through into even the password. She had three tries before there would likely be an alarm going off. Hmmm, Something that matters to him. Here goes…

LILLIAN: “Error!”

MOTHER: “Error!”

She paused. Last try….

CHLOE………

The compartment slid open revealing its sacred treasure to her eyes….

A single plain photograph. Green eyes stared up at her from the laughing visage of a young blonde. The same green eyes looked solemnly back. Hands almost shaking, she slowly picked up the photo. As if in a daze she walks to the purple silk bed and softly sits down, never once looking up from the worn photograph in her hands.

The edges are mussed and no longer smooth… It must have taken a lot of handling to bring the photograph to this state. Especially for him. He never likes things to be out of place or less than perfect looking. But this… This has fingerprints on the edges, wearing the picture off slightly there. No matter how carefully he has handed it you can see the hours of time spent simply gazing at it, they are etched into the photograph now, showing him as clearly as if he too were captured by the camera’s flash. She notices somewhere in the back of her mind that tears are running silently down her face, but hardly notices in the flood of love and obsession flowing over her.

Finally she speaks, a faint whisper, as if to reassure and convince the ghosts of the past whirling around her. “She’ll come back… She always does. No matter what he does, no matter how corrupted he becomes, she always comes back eventually.”

Time has set still. All that remains is memories and whispers… Memories and Truth and Love. They surround her like and ocean pulling her in until she wants to drown… Finally she lays her head down and lets them lull her to sleep as they surround her in a tight blanket, easing her tears and giving her dreams of the future.
    __________________________________________________ ___

He was exhausted. Meetings all day with politicians to businessmen, to LuthorCorp employees, to covert scientists on his payroll, and yet all of them managed to make the pressure between his eyes worsen with their incompetence. Could no one do what they were supposed to anymore? Manage their own tasks with something resembling initiative and imagination? He lolled is head back, urging the muscles in his shoulders ease their tension.

His only wish, as he opened the door to his bedroom, was for a good night’s sleep before dealing with the idiots all over again tomorrow. Blast Superman! He would have been able to work out the kinks and have them all doing exactly as he said if it weren’t for the Big Dumb Alien and his incessant meddling…

Suddenly his head swerved to the side as he caught sight of the figure sprawled across his bed. His breath caught. How could she! This room was not for other to wander in and out as they pleased. Slowly his eyes softened as he looked at her again…

She looked like an angelic child, peaceful and safe. ‘Pull yourself together, man! She is a child. It’s not like she’s going to rush off and leave you in the next few months for an adult life.’ Her light reddish hair spilled across the bed and her hand still clasped a photograph.

Wait! That was his photograph… Then he noticed the hidden drawer sticking out of the wall…

His right eyebrow arched up. Apparently the security and passwords for his room need updating if a five year old child could access his treasure trove. No, not a child, his child, there was a difference. No other child would have the intelligence and ingenuity to find his secret compartment and figure out the password. Although the compulsion to sneak into his rooms and ferret out his secrets was most definitely a trait inherited from other genes than his.

He carefully took the photograph from her limp hand and placed it back into its compartment, double checking that the ring, the lock of hair, and other random mementos were still safely nestled in the very back of the drawer. Closing the compartment he contemplated his intruder. He really should be furious at her for invading his most private memories, but she was too much her mother’s child. And too much, he admitted to himself, the greatest of his treasures. She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.

He picked her up and tucked her into the bed. He would let her sleep in with him rather than moving her, it wouldn’t be the first time giving against his instincts and let her have a piece of him he preferred hidden away. His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.

“Goodnight, Little One.”

Striping to boxers he moved to turn out the light.

“Goodnight, Miss Sullivan.” Goodnight my love.

The End

NS Full Member

Re: Precious Treasure (PG)

OMG - That has been intense! You really touched my soul here!

You totally surprised me with the ending. I didn't suspect for a second it was his child that was doing the breaking in. I thought it was another one of his "girlfriends" trying to make some money of him. Wow, the story turned out to be something completly different to what I thought it would be after reading the begining. I loved it. I enjoy being tricked and manipulated and you did it nicely, hit me out of the blue. I hope this is not the end and we will find out more about the daughter. I love the part about her curiosity coming from her mom and her intelect coming from his side but I'm greedy I want more And what happened to Chloe? I hope she didn't die. Great story.

NS Junior Member

Brilliant story. I thought it was Chloe sneaking around in the apartment. I didn't think it was his child either.

What did happen to Chloe?? Hope your doing a sequel.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Great story!! I made a mistake and thought it was Chloe at the beginning, until the picture was found!! How heartbreaking!! All I keep wondering is why Chloe isn't there also?!!

I also thought that it was Chloe at the beginning. But I really want to know what happened and where is Chloe. Hope that we all get our answers soon!

Well thanks a lot...I'm crying now!!!!:`(That was just so sweetly written.
    Loved it.

The Masked Phantomess Senior Member Augustine86's Avatar

I loved how it was never what I thought it would be. It woas so touching. Oh, and hte Big Dumb Alien part, totally right.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was a great story!

I am also wondering why Chloe isn't there. I mean, if she is afraid of the things he is doing with his life, why would she leave her child with him? Then again, Lex would never hurt a child, and Chloe knows this..

Wait, I have too many questions, so of course there will be an update. YES?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

same here. i also thought it was Chloe, prowling about and sneaking into Lex's bedroom. another thing that got me thinking that it's Chloe was the mention of green eyes. real-life green eyes staring back at photographed green eyes. what actually threw me off was the red hair.

ok, so it may not be Chloe herself, and it turned out to be Lex's daughter instead. but the thought of her possessing some of Chloe traits yet turning out to be Lex's daughter by another woman...*shiver* thank god she's her mother's daughter, indeed.

She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.
    Chloe Collection. *smiles wistfully* and you made it NOT sound like an obsession.

His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.
    *smirk* hah! i'm sure Chloe's genes contributed to that!

like Krysia, i'm really hoping Chloe didn't die.

but, judging from the items in the safe and Lex's obvious devotion to them, it implies that that was her fate. for why else would Lex go through such measures so as to protect his remembrances of Chloe?

“Goodnight, Miss Sullivan.”
    aaaaaaand that is the clincher.

all right. that does it. *sighs exasperatedly* you got me. i'm gonna camp out here till you dish out that sequel.

*gets dark. crickets starts chirping.*

*looks around for fellow campers* uh...there will be a sequel, right? *wraps self in blanket* uppydoge

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information