+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Precious Treasure (PG)

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

Re: Precious Treasure (PG)

Where did you go? Are you planning on continuing with this one?

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

This was a beautiful piece. Short but so sharply poignant. Of course you completely faked me out with the whole 'is it Chloe who found her own picture?' angle, but this was SO much better.

No matter how carefully he has handed it you can see the hours of time spent simply gazing at it, they are etched into the photograph now, showing him as clearly as if he too were captured by the camera’s flash.
    This line really got to me. A very quick snapshot of Lex's obsessively deep feelings for Chloe. How much he NEEDS her. So much that he has to keep his sense of anity together by clinging onto a few mementos of hers.

heh... I also loved the picture you painted of the little kid. She is exactly how I would have imagined a Sullivan-Luthor would turn out. Sharp, inquisitive, fearless and utterly ruthless. Brilliant original character there!

He carefully took the photograph from her limp hand and placed it back into its compartment, double checking that the ring, the lock of hair, and other random mementos were still safely nestled in the very back of the drawer.
    I loved this too. The way he was SO careful to make sure all his 'little treasures' were safe and sound before checking on the 'big treasure'

She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.
    This was the part that made me really weep the couple. Obviously both Lex and Chloe have had a difficult time at their 'relationship'. In fact, I hated Lex a bit after this sentence. The part where he admits to 'stealing' away the child from Chloe... it's a monstrous move to make against a person that Lex professes to love.

And I can't imagine Chloe giving up anything without a fight... Particularly something as fundamentally personal and important as a CHILD!
    HOW did Lex manage to get hold of this kid without completely disabling, hobbling, incapacitating (or even killing) Chloe...

it wouldn’t be the first time giving against his instincts and let her have a piece of him he preferred hidden away. His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.
    I hated a little less after this paragraph. Obviously this child means a great deal more to him rather than leverage to use against the mother.

It just makes me want to CRY and BEG for the backstory. Please write the prequel quickly!

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

...umm where is Chloe...? Why would she leave her child? Great fic! Loved it!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information