+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Places We Have Been (NC-17)

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Updated, Part IV, 6/7/05

Great story but the ending made me sad. Good job!!!!!

Nerd-bitch

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Author's Note, 6/3/05

Oh, June! Oh, June! This fic just blows me away. I think one of the greatest dangers to a fanfic writers is cliche or predictibility (a tendency to repeat patterns found in most fics) that never seems to be a problem for you. Everything is so original and yet perfectly in character.
    I especially love the idea of Chloe being unable to be emotionally available (hate this phrase but what else are you going use?) to Lex instead of the other way around. It makes perfect sense, though. Lex said once to Clark that love is about taking risks and on the show at least he has usually been quite willing to take them.
    A lot of people have noted this particular (and undeniebly brillant) exchange, so I'll just say I love this line especially-

Quote Originally Posted by June
    “And I really, really don’t like the way I am when I’m not with you,” Chloe lets out a breath she realized she hadn’t been holding in and tries her very best to not let the tears threatening to fall spill over.
    Is there any great declaration of love than, "I like who I am when I'm with you"?

His normal coolness is replaced with traces of anger and disappointment-- two things he never, ever let show. It bites at her skin and makes her heart ache.

“I’m enjoying something,” Lex says nothing for a long while, turns his eyes away and then speaks. His voice is tinged with pure surprise and a hint of irony. “I’m angry with you.”

“I’m angry with you,” he says in pure amazmenet. “I’m never angry with you, I never really get truly angry,” he turns his eyes towards her, and he can feel her arm next to his, and it surprises them both when he doesn’t reach for her hand. “This is a pretty big deal, Chloe.”
    This just gets to the heart of Lex's personality to me- and their relationship. They make each other human in unexpected ways.

Also love this-

Follows him despite the fact that the Chloe Sullivan she used to be would never follow him. Anywhere. Would never follow anyone.
    I really like this way of making an absolute and true statement about a character- something that says "this defines the character". So succinct, it gives me the chills.

Make new memories in their minds to erase the old ones that can never measure up to this, right here, right now.
    Beautiful. Beautiful.

Wow! Wow-we-WoW! I don't know whether to be completed inspired or depressed by the depth, and passion, and realism of this fic. Thank-you!

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17)

Even though it wasn't a "happy" ending it was still a very good fic.

...sleep all day. Senior Member Ainur's Avatar

This was soooo powerful. Their emotions [and my emotions] were all over the place and it was a little exhausting to feel so much in so little time. I cried like an idiot. I was telling myself, '"Stop crying". It was great. Well done!

Great story really great

Littlepearl

I was crying my eyes out reading this, it was so sad, and I really liked the ending, I think that a fluffy happy ever after ending would not have done this outstanding fic justice, the ending was perfect as was the rest of the fic!!!

Kimmie

Awesome. Just awesome

This is heartbreakingly beautiful.

I really can't say much b/c Part III was like twisting the knife already imbedded in my heart, but I did want to respond a little.

My understanding of "how awful life can get, and dirty towels on the bathroom floor and her strawberry shampoo in his shower isn’t as scary as it used to be," removed my Lex from me, so I don't think I will ever be able to say more or even read this again, but what you have written is heartbreakingly beautiful.

This is stunningly beautiful.

just re-read it and its still great

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information