+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Places We Have Been (NC-17)

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Part III, 5/29/05

I love this story. I never thought as Chloe being the closed off party in their relationship and pushing Lex away, and him being all understanding and doing the right things [ even through it isn't necessary all she needs] but somehow it fits. I feel so bad for both of them.
    This story does have a happy ending right?

Lex's Gypsy Girl

I wish I had more eloquent words for this piece but I don't.....Marvelous, brilliant, emotionally gut-wrenching and simply wonderful.

I don't have time to reply to your last post before you put up part 3 but what an amazing story. It's heart breaking and I can't help but feel for Chloe and everything that she has to deal with, with all the emotions she must be feeling after her father's death. But it's killing me that she's pushing Lex away, I know that their arrangement isn't conventional but there's love there and she's letting it go. Just so sad, I hope, HOPE that there's a happy ending but I guess I'll have to wait and see, update again soon!

Steph*

red turtle
    Just a Guest!

Beautifully written. Can't wait to see how you end it.

I don't think I can write anything that will meseaure up to this fic. Every part is just so real, and you don't think it can get better, but it does...

I swear I will come back and try to do a better review...maybe when I stop crying, or actually being able to tipe coherent words...

NS Full Member

This story is full of ouch. I just kept saying ouch over and over. It is so compelling though because you feel the impact of each scene so clearly.

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar

Wow. Just caught up with all of this. It's almost overwhelming to read all of it in one go, and it's only three chapters. LOL I don't even know where to start. I rarely ever tear up at movies or books and things like that, but man... I started balling when Gabe died. I mean like full on tears. And there were a few other places where I teared up as well.

This is so well written. You really have a knack for detail. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent but you've clearly spelled out Chloe's grief in this. It almost hurts to read about it.

I just hope Chloe realizes that Lex went through the same thing with his mom and that he seems to still be dealing with it, so she knows she's not alone in her pain. And hopefully she'll be able to find some comfort from him.

Usually, when Lex is busy outrunning his life he’s getting run over by it.

Sometimes, he thinks, it’s just nice to know someone was there, next to him, along for the ride.
    This really stuck with me. Three chapters later and it's still ringing through my head. It just seems very... human, to me. I have a feeling that that line is going to stay with me for a while and it's definitely already one of my favorites from any story I've read.

Well done and I can't wait for more.

~Manda

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

I hate putting off updates, especially on this because I really need to finish this story, but it is going to be a little longer than I expected for the next update of this-- or anything. I'm nearing the end of my rotation at the hospital which pretty much means for the next week I go to work when I'm told and I stay there until I'm told I can go home. And on top of that I have two other jobs so *takes a deep breath* It's going to be a busy week. I already know I'm working two twelve hour shifts this weekend (luckily not back to back) but next week I'll be doing a double shift sometime-- I won't know until my schedule is posted tonight. So it will probably be impossible to write anything...

So bare with me guys, an update is coming just not as soon as we would all like, but I swear to you it will not be another month until you hear from this again. I can never thank you enough for you patience with me. I really hope you all are enjoying this story.

Have a great weekend,

June

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Author's Note, 6/3/05

I'm freaking you out now aren't I?
    No hon, you're not. In fact that is quite possibly the most flattering thing I've ever heard. I'm glad to hear someone is reading my stories and enjoying them...

I'm training to be in pediatrics. I want to work in emergency medicine-- although I am quite resigned to the fact that life in the ER is nowhere near what it looks like on ER. Luckily, I'm okay with that... and if anything the residents are much, much cuter here. Thanks for being patient with me 'Belle, I know how hard it is.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Lex's Gypsy Girl

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Author's Note, 6/3/05

don't work too hard June! Take care of yourself!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information