+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Places We Have Been (NC-17)

NS Full Member

Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Part I, 4/10/05

That was beautiful. The characters for me just seemed authentic. Lionel's sadness was touching. I got misty eyed when I read how Lionel got upset at his grandaughter. Knowing that would be something that would cut a grandparent to the core.

Lex's view on how his father may not have really loved his mother,is one of those things that people outside a relationship just do not get. The comfort that Lex is able to give his father and also realize that not all is as it seemed was a favorite part of mine.

Chloe and Lex's relationship is I don't know how to describe it, but it is lovely to read Lex go through the motions on how to feel.

This first installment was wonderful to read.
    'I build you out of nothing to have you near
    I remembered you on trains
    So now you're on every train I hear'
    Something For Kate: Old Pictures

*sigh* I swear to the heavens above, June, I wish I had your way with words. They move me, destroy me and give me hope...oftentimes in the same installment.

I've limited what quotes I will use because, honestly, if I quoted all my favorites, I'd be here for days and take up more space than one person should unless they are posting a story of their own.

Just know that, as always, I adored almost every word

in his satin sheets that some would say are as black as his soul.
    This is what I'm talking about. This is just beautiful.
    But, in perfect Luthor fashion, Lionel just simply refused to die.
    Made me laugh a little. Also made me a little sad for some reason.

It was okay, Lex thought, he still loved his mother enough for the both of them.
    Just a nice, simple line that was so moving.

"Her stuff is all over the place if that’s what you mean," Lex replied coolly, swiping the mail out of Luca’s hands. Low fat yogurt in the fridge, her stuff in the guest bedroom, her clothes mixed with his in the laundry pile- Chloe had been invading his home and life long before she’d ever officially moved in.
    There was just something about this. Something so real, something I wanted. Something amusing and oddly touching all at once.

She doesn’t ask who’s occupied his bed in her absence, she just changes the sheets.
    BAM! Like I've said before June, you can pack a punch with very few words. Such a simple statement but it had quite an impact on me when I read it.

Claire, at the tender age of seven, bore such a scary resemblance to Lillian Luthor that Lionel couldn’t even bare to look at her.
    So sad. Tragic, really.

And Lex tells her, everything.
    Thank God! Because I have to say, I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to like the Chloe/Lex relationship (especially the Lex part) after the previous scene. But having him open up to her made it all worthwhile.

Usually, when Lex is busy outrunning his life he’s getting run over by it.

Sometimes, he thinks, it’s just nice to know someone was there, next to him, along for the ride.
    What a way to bring it full circle. And this is only the first part!

Can't wait for more (as always)...

Reese

Perfect story. So many emotions in one story and it just won´t let you go, but you really want to read more and more of this.
    Like it very much and waiting for the next chapter.

Members

Smile Re: Places We Have Been (NC-17) Part I, 4/10/05

that was beautiful.cant wait to read more

uppydoge That chapter was just, wow, really well written. I especially liked the first bit with Lex's voice, describing himself...that was really well written and I could so see it tying with how the character is becoming on the show this season. Great work, keep going.

That was just brilliant, I hope you update soon

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

I'm so glad that Chloe came back!! I was so afraid that she was going to leave for good!! Beautiful story so far, but so heartbreaking!! I'm so glad that Chloe and Lex have each other!! Post more soon please!!

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

First of all, I am glad to see that people are enjoying this. And I just thought I would try to explain myself and clear up a few things.

I fear it will end badly. Please say I am wrong.
    Hope, I can assure you happiness in the end, but I am warning you it gets worse before it gets better. I hope you will read anyway.
    I tend to read Chloe in a slightly different way than you have her here, but I can totally see how this is an authentic, potential route for her character to take--
    I can understand where you're coming from on this, Zannie, but just keep in mind that this was only Lex's POV, he calls it how he sees it, and more often then not he doesn't see much when it regards Chloe. She has reasons for doing the things she does, and you'll find them out, don't worry. A lot of questions will (hopefully) be answered during the next part, but if anyone still has more don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and Kelly, it's an Eagles song: Desperado. I thought it fit well too.

Thank you all again for the wonderful feedback, and I'm glad you all are enjoying this.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

that was just great please i must have more.

NS Full Member

WOW, i need more because that was magical

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information