Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse (NC-17)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!

The Curse (NC-17)

Title: The Curse
    Author: scifichick774
    Rating: NC-17 eventually, but it will take a while to get there
    Category: Humor/Friendship/Romance/Smut/Supernatural (sort of)
    Spoilers: Up through the end of season 2 to be safe.
    Summary: Lex becomes the victim of a curse, and because of it develops a strange addiction to Chloe.
    Disclaimer: If they were mine, Dr. Bryce would never have been on the show and Lucas would have been a permanent addition. So – you know – they’re not mine and I’m making no money whatsoever.
    Feedback: YES!! REVIEW!! Geez, that sounded incredibly needy.
    Archival: Sure – just let me know where.
    Author’s Note: Response to Imp’s challenge. And, as it says in my disclaimer, ‘she who shall not be named’ has never existed in this SV fic and Lucas stuck around. The time frame – eh – somewhere during Chloe’s senior year in high school. Oh – and many thanks to Sabby for letting me use her name in the fic. *smile*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Sabrina, the teenage witch,” Lucas sang teasingly. His girlfriend rolled her eyes.

“You’re never going to let that go, are you?” she asked.

“Nope,” he responded cheerfully.

“Remind me why I’m dating you again?”

“I’m great in bed,” Lucas answered without missing a beat. Sabrina smiled.

“True.”

“So, when are you going to do something cool?” he asked, perusing the book shelves in front of him.

“I already told you that I don’t have powers, Lucas,” she explained as she watched him take an old and somewhat dusty book off of one of the magic store’s shelves and flip through it.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said, completely sloughing off her statement. “But you can do spells and stuff, right?”

“I guess. Why? Did you have one in mind?”

He smiled impishly at her.

“Can you turn Lex into a toad?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’d need some of his hair, of which he has none, so ---”

“Bummer,” Lucas said, turning his attention back to the book. His face seemed to light up when he found one that interested him. “What about this one?” he asked, pointing his finger down to the page. Sabrina squinted her eyes a little to read the scrolling script on the page. She shook her head.

“That’s not a spell, it’s a curse.”

“So? What’s the difference?”

“There’s a big difference,” she argued. “With a spell, you ---”

“So, can you do it?” Lucas interrupted, his impatience winning out. She sighed.

“I suppose Lex is the one you want me to curse?”

“Obviously.”

“What do you have against him anyway? He’s your brother!” his girlfriend exclaimed.

“Yes,” Lucas agreed. “My brother who always gets his way because he’s the favorite.” Sabrina arched an eyebrow.

“You want me to curse him just because he’s your dad’s favorite?” she asked with a twinge of disbelief.

“Not *you*,” he said, wrapping an arm around her back and pulling her closer, “*us*. Think of it as a bonding experience.”

“I don’t know,” she teased. “What do I get out of it?” She shivered when she felt Lucas’s tongue dart out to help suckle her earlobe into his mouth. She closed her eyes and hummed in delight. “You’re sure you want to do this?”

“Ye-ah,” he strung out, drawing himself away from her. “And don’t get me wrong – I like the guy, but when your own father tries to kill you ---”

“You were holding Lex at *gunpoint*, Lu-cas.”

“It was *staged*, Sa-bri-na,” Lucas argued, mimicking her way of annunciating names when she was trying to make a point. His girlfriend watched as the emotions on his face went from frustrated and somewhat angry to mischievous in the blink of an eye. “So, can you do it?” She took the book away from him and took a closer look at what the curse would require.

“You’re absolutely sure you want me to?”

“Sabby,” he half-whined her nickname and shot her his best puppy-dog look. “Come on. You know you want to. It’ll be fun.”

“You use that excuse every time.”

“Because it always works.”

“It doesn’t look too hard,” she finally answered, her eyes focused on the page in front of her. “But if it works, then ---”

“Then?”

“I don’t see a lift for the curse in here,” she answered. “I don’t know if I could ever undo it.”

“Who’s asking you to?”

“You’re evil,” she joked.

“I’m aware of that.”

“Okay, fine,” she said, giving up when it became clear that he wasn’t just going to let the subject drop. She closed the book and shoved it toward him. “But since it’s your idea, you’re paying for the book.”

An hour or so later, they were back at her parents’ house and Lucas was listening intently to what they needed to do. Sabrina was having trouble believing that he was getting so into it, but then, it did mean placing a curse on his brother, so she shouldn’t have been that surprised.

“We need to pick someone who he can’t be anymore than friendly acquaintances with, but who he’ll see on a somewhat regular basis for the first week while the curse ingrains itself into his system,” she said.

“We could get one of his ex-girlfriends,” Lucas suggested. “It’s not like he ever gets to know any of them.” She shook her head.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but he hasn’t dated anyone in Smallville. Besides, if you want this to work it needs to be someone who, under normal circumstances, wouldn’t agree to go out with him.”

“Damn. Where am I supposed to find someone who ---?” he trailed off as an impish spark lit up in his eyes. “What about Chloe?”

“Sullivan?”

“Yeah. She fits the criteria you’ve told me about,” he said, holding out his hand to start counting the reasons on his fingers. “First of all, they’re not even sort-of friends. They’re both just friends of Kent.”

“But he won’t see ---”

“Second,” he interrupted, sticking out another finger as he counted and giving her a delicious smile that she seemed to lose herself in. “She just took a part-time job as one of my dad’s personal assistants – so Lex will see her plenty.”

“Don’t get me wrong because Chloe’s really smart, but why would your dad hire her over all the other people out there that were probably clamoring for that position?” Lucas shrugged.

“Eye candy?” he offered. Sabrina snickered.

“How do you know she wouldn’t agree to go out with Lex?” she asked, bringing the conversation back to the original topic. “I mean – he’s *Lex*,” she said, as if that explained everything. Lucas shot her a look.

“Please. No matter how much she denies it, she still has a major crush on Clark,” he said. “I don’t even think she notices other guys.”

“Not that there’s a wide selection here in town,” Sabrina mumbled.

“Yeah, you got lucky,” Lucas said, smiling broadly at her. She laughed and nodded.

“Okay. Chloe sounds like a good choice.”

“Good,” Lucas said and rubbed his hands together. “So, what do we need to do?”

TBC…

NS Full Member
    You sure know how to pick your challenges, this one seems to be... fantastic. I can't help but pity Lex, when you say addiction, like in "a chloe drug addict ?", he has to have his fix of seeing her ? can't wait to read that !!!

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    You know that I love it, and that I want more ASAP

hugs,

Sabby

NS Full Member
    Oh, goodie. Another one from Kris. Lucas and sabby together...Lex don't stand a chance. Hee.

Blue

can't wait for the addiction to happen. lex going around like a lovesick goon. haha

odd duck
    This looks like a fun one, update soon! :yay:

NS Full Member
    oooooooooooooooh. thank god for Lucas. he'll make life interesting...

great work, can't wait for the Chlex...

: Sway

beanie1816
    Just a Guest!
    Intresting! Very Intresting. Huh a curse. More like a blessing in my book. lol. I love Chlex its just so good and you are one of the best writers so you go girl! And i wanna update soon please!

Megs

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: Wow! Such an overwhelmingly positive response already. *smile* Thank you so much! And Blaire, I know I promised you The Deal first, but my muse – eh – you know how it is. This part takes place the next day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucas grumbled as he threw himself onto the large, plush couch in the den. To say that the day hadn’t been going well so far would be an understatement. Lionel had belittled him for not dedicating his life to work as he and Lex had; the new maid had slipped and spilled coffee all over him, leaving behind a light-grade burn; and his girlfriend had informed him that they couldn’t set the curse they chose into motion until Chloe showed up, because apparently the book said that the two needed to be in the same room when the words were spoken.

Which, of course, meant that Sabrina would have to come over to the house – otherwise they wouldn’t know when Chloe and Lex were in the same room or not, and it wasn’t as if he could ask for Lionel to give him a call and tell him. He had originally been pleasantly surprised when Lionel hadn’t objected to him dating her, but then Lex had to go and make a teasing comment about their dad having a thing for redheads, and Lucas had been cautious about having them in the same vicinity together ever since.

“Hey! I thought I’d find you in here,” Sabrina said as she walked into the room. Lucas looked up at her from his reclined position on the couch, but didn’t move to sit up.

“You’re a genius,” he said dryly and flung his arm over his eyes.

“Throwing yourself a pity party?” she asked unsympathetically and sat down on the arm of the couch as she focused her gaze on him.

“Yeah, you wanna come?” he asked snidely. Sabrina couldn’t help the grin that quirked at the corners of her lips. She leant down to hover slightly over him, her hair splashing against his face, forcing him to open his eyes.

“Depends what you mean by ‘come’,” she answered suggestively. A leering smile replaced the frown on Lucas’s lips and he wrapped his arms around her, turning them over in one swift movement so that he was now hovering over her.

“Knew I liked you for a reason,” he said and leaned down to kiss her. She ran her hands lightly over his abs and Lucas pulled back with a whimper.

“What’s wrong?”

“Stupid maid spilled coffee on me,” he mumbled and then got up from the couch to retrieve some pain medication from one of the cabinets in the room.

“You keep aspirin in the den?” Sabrina asked as she rose to a sitting position. Lucas arched an eyebrow at her and let one half of his mouth lift.

“Aspirin – yeah,” he said in a voice that let her know that it wasn’t aspirin. Sabrina rolled her eyes.

“Should I even ask why you have some prescription – or possibly illegal – pain meds stashed away in the den?”

“Probably not,” Lucas answered and then shrugged. “Besides, they’re not mine.”

“You just conveniently knew where they were.”

“Of course,” he said with a teasing smile. “I’m smart like that.”

“Meaning you stumbled across them snooping around the house when you first moved in,” she countered.

“You make it sound so sordid,” he replied with mock hurt.

“Lucas, Sabrina,” Lex greeted with no emotion as he walked into the room. Lucas frowned.

“Doesn’t anyone knock anymore?” he asked. Sabrina gave him a consoling smile.

“The door wasn’t closed, hon.”

“Still…”

“Calm down, I’ll be gone in a minute,” Lex said, searching for something in the small desk that sat in the far end of the room.

“Out of my hair?” Lucas asked with a sneer. Teasing Lex about his loss of hair had become a favorite past-time for him, and even though it wasn’t especially funny, it still served to cheer him up. Lex and Sabrina both shot him looks and he just shrugged. “Why do even keep stuff in here anyway? Isn’t that what your office is for?”

“This room is more relaxing,” Lex responded. “And I don’t generally keep things in here, but I was working on the McMillan account last night and ---”

“So,” Lucas said, folding his arms across his chest and taking a few steps toward his brother, “you came to a ‘relaxing’ room so you could work? Sounds twisted if you ask me.”

“No one was asking you,” Lex said without missing a beat.

Sabrina sighed and leaned back against the couch. The pissing contests between Lucas and his brother were getting really old, really fast.

“Ah,” Lex said, lifting a folder out of one of the files in the desk; “got it.” He started walking toward the door and turned around briefly to smirk at Lucas. “I’ll just get out of your hair now.” Lucas forced a tight grin onto his lips, but glared at Lex’s retreating form.

“Soon,” Lucas said under his breath. He walked over and sat next to Sabrina on the couch. “Tell me this curse thing is going to work,” he said almost pleadingly. She frowned and started rubbing small circles on his back.

“It should, but just like with real addictions, it will take time for him to develop the addiction to her.”

“Tell me how it works again,” Lucas said, definitely more as a statement rather than a request. Sabrina smiled wryly at him, but shoved down any comment she was going to make about this being the zillionth time she’d described it to him.

“The curse makes him *slowly* develop an addiction to her, working its way through his senses until he basically can’t function without being around her,” she answered. Lucas grinned and closed his eyes.

“I can almost see it now,” he said. “Chloe, I just can’t live without you,” he said dramatically. “Eww – get the hell away from me.” He snickered and Sabrina laughed.

“When have you ever known Chloe to say ‘eww’?”

“She’s a chick,” he answered. Sabrina slapped the back of his head hard enough to push him forward. “Ouch,” he said, rubbing the spot with his hand. “Woman, I meant woman.”

“Uh-huh.”

“You think she’s here yet?” Lucas asked. Sabrina glanced up at the clock.

“Give it another ten minutes,” she said. “Did you remember to get something of his?”

“Like I’d forget that,” he quipped. Lucas smiled mischievously at her and rose to walk over to the bookshelf. After searching for what he was looking for, he plucked a large book off the shelf and opened it, revealing a ‘Warrior Angel’ comic book lying in between its pages. Sabrina leaned forward as he held it up for her to see.

“I think a more current possession would be ---”

“It *is* current,” Lucas interrupted. “He collects them.” He flung the plastic bag-encased comic at her and she caught it between her hands.

“*Lex Luthor* collects comic books?” she asked in disbelief as she stared down at the colorful cover.

“Don’t ask,” Lucas said and stared down at her. “So, did you ---”

“In the purse,” Sabrina answered, still in awe at the fact that such a powerful young man could have such an almost geeky hobby. Lucas snatched her bulky, oversized purse off the floor and opened it, revealing a small stuffed animal inside, next to the book they bought at the store the previous day. Lucas arched an eyebrow as he took the small, green bear out and held it in front of him.

“She collects ‘beanie babies’?” Lucas asked in surprise. Sabrina shook her head.

“She doesn’t collect them – it’s just that one. One of her relatives back in Ireland – a second cousin or something – got it for her as a lucky charm slash birthday present.”

“Huh. And you know this how?” he asked. Sabrina cringed and Lucas raised his eyebrow again. “Sab-by?”

“Lana, okay?”

“Lana?” he asked with surprise and disgust.

“Well, I couldn’t just go and ask Chloe – she would have been too suspicious,” Sabrina said in defense.

“But Lana wasn’t?” he asked. She shot him a look and he chuckled. “So, you asked the pink princess.”

“It’s not a moment that I’d care to relive, thank you very much.”

“I understand,” he said in a not quite condescending, but definitely teasing way. He offered her his hand to help her off the couch and she took it, unfazed by his attempts to toy with her just seconds ago. “I thought we could go to the security room. They have a camera inside dad’s office.”

“What about Lex’s – you know – just in case?” she asked, putting the stuffed bear and comic into her purse and hefting it over her shoulder.

“Don’t know – probably,” Lucas said with a light shrug of his shoulders.

They made their way through the maze of hallways until they reached the main security room. Sabrina smiled at the guards, but Lucas simply pushed his way past them as if they barely existed. His eyes scanned over the monitors until he found the one he was looking for. He pointed to it for his girlfriend’s benefit and then glanced at the guards. He couldn’t just tell them to leave because if something happened – other than what he and Sabrina had planned – then he would be in more trouble than he was now. A thought occurred to him and he gave them an almost evil smile.

“You guys believe in witchcraft?” he asked. Sabrina looked at him questioningly, but he ignored it. The guards snorted in amusement.

“You’re joking, right?” one of them asked. Lucas’s smile stayed planted firmly on his lips.

“Well, Sabby and I were curious and wanted to try something – you know, kind of an experiment to see if it would even work. Is that gonna bother you?” he asked, already suspecting what their answers would be.

“Nah, go ahead.”

“Whatever.”

Lucas nodded and motioned for Sabrina to come sit down. She dug the book and other items out of her purse and flipped to the page she had bookmarked. The monitors showed Chloe walking through one of the halls and about to enter Lionel’s office, where another monitor showed Lionel and Lex involved in some sort of argument with each other.

“Show-time.”

TBC…

NS Full Member
    quote from the fic :

"“The curse makes him *slowly* develop an addiction to her, working its way through his senses until he basically can’t function without being around her,” she answered. Lucas grinned and closed his eyes.

“I can almost see it now,” he said. “Chloe, I just can’t live without you,” he said dramatically. “Eww – get the hell away from me.” He snickered and Sabrina laughed."

-------------

Ok, picture me dying of laughter here, at visualizing this scene of Lucas imitating Lex!!! But i understand him, that's just too funny, Lex behaving this way and saying this, and Chloe's answer.
    Although, Lucas might be wrong about Chloe's answer, she could answer, "get the hell on top of me" !!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information