+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse (NC-17)

NightGlow
    Just a Guest!
    Reverse the curse?
    :huh: :huh: :huh:
    Perish the thought! Stupid Lucas!
    Hell, I'm looking into a way to speed it up. A curse to help a curse proceed... hmm...
    This whole "blackmailing" thing seems to have worked out OK. Maybe I should ask Sabby for pointers.
    But then again... I don't want Beloved to be neglected either!!! :crygreen:
    Ahhh, decisions, decisions...

NS Full Member
    Hmm, still don't know what Lionel is up to. If he wants Chloe to be protected or if he has a personal interest in her (ok, can i say, yerk, i like Lionel, but with a more... mature woman).
    Na, nah, nah, nah, Lucas, there are always consequences for our actions, see what you got yourself into ? no more quality time with your girlfriend !!
    unless he deserts Lex and let him and Chloe having their personal quality time.

i love, love, love this fic to death.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I am so glad it has back fired on Lucas. He deserves that jackass. Maybe he will appreciate it is not nice to fool with mother nature. :lol: Good job more please....

Hope :biggrin:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

odd duck
    I like Lionel in this, as long as he is being more fatherly. Heehee, poor Luccas, but that is what you get!

I seriously love this story. Great plot!

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Hope! No calling my Lucas a jackass! Or you'll have to face my wrath! After all without him Chloe and Lex would probably never get it together here!

Still love it, still waiting for an update and; I know, Beloved comes first *g*

hugs,
    Sabby

hurlingturtles
    Just a Guest!
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. Lucus is great, cracks me up! I'm so glad Lex is cursed at last. Write another part fast!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by sabby@May 5 2003, 04:54 PM
    Hope! No calling my Lucas a jackass! Or you'll have to face my wrath! After all without him Chloe and Lex would probably never get it together here!

Still love it, still waiting for an update and; I know, Beloved comes first *g*

hugs,
    Sabby
    :lol: I am sorry Sabby forgive me but he is. :lol: But he is a funny jackass. :lol: That is all I can give you. :

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

my own little world full of coffee and smut
    MORE!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!! Please update soon this is a wonderful plot! :worship2: :chlexsign3:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: Thanks for all of the feedback you guys. This part takes place the following weekend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex looked angry and irritated, pushing the food on his plate around with his fork as the beautiful brunette woman slid her hand seductively up and down his arm. Lucas rolled his eyes.

“This is entertaining,” he said quietly, but with heavy sarcasm. Sabrina snickered.

“It *was* - for the first half hour or so, but now ---”

“Kind of pathetic,” he filled in for her. She nodded in agreement. Lex shot a warning glare at the two of them, but his date seemed completely oblivious to their comments.

“Le-x,” she drew out and then leaned closer to lick his earlobe. Lex grimaced and moved his head away. “What do you say we skip the rest of dinner and go straight for dessert?”

“Okay, now I’m just gonna be sick,” Lucas said. Sabrina snorted in amusement and rested her elbows on the table as she faced Lex’s date.

“You just don’t get it do you?” Sabrina asked. The woman didn’t even turn in to look at her and Sabrina shook her head lightly.

Under normal circumstances, the black-haired model would have gotten Lex into bed in no time flat, but these weren’t normal circumstances. First of all, Lucas had been forced to tag along on Lex’s date because his father was insistent that he keep tabs on him; and Sabrina was sure that having her and Lucas there killed whatever mood might have been able to take place.

Second, there was the curse. Lex had been fidgety and cross the entire helicopter ride to Metropolis and Lucas had told her that he’d been that way since the previous night and it was only getting worse. Sabrina told him that she wasn’t surprised and that it just meant that the addiction to Chloe was starting to root itself into his body. Subconsciously, Lex was starting to crave the sound of Chloe’s voice to have any feeling of contentment, which meant that the beautiful woman next to him didn’t have a chance; regardless of whether either one of them realized it.

A familiar laugh came wafting through the air and Lex’s head snapped at the sound. Lucas and Sabrina followed his gaze over to where Chloe and Sean were just being seated on the other side of the restaurant’s balcony. A slight tingle moved through Lex’s body when he heard Chloe’s laugh, so slight that he wrote it off to the familiarity of Chloe’s laugh. He cleared his throat and pushed his chair away from the table.

“If you’ll excuse me,” he said, as a statement not a question. Lucas couldn’t help but smirk. Even though he didn’t want to be blamed for Lex acting stoned again, he was pleased that he had chosen such a potent spell.

“You go too,” Sabrina said to Lucas. “Say hi to Chloe for me.” Lucas nodded and then glanced over at Lex’s date, whose name he hadn’t been able to remember despite several mentions of it. Sabrina plastered a large fake smile on her face and spoke in a morbidly sweet tone. “I’ll keep Linda company.” Lucas nodded and followed Lex’s trail over to the other side of the balcony where Chloe and Sean were sitting.

“Lydia,” the woman corrected cattily and glared at Sabrina, who merely gave her a shrug and an eye roll in return.

“Whatever,” she said and then brought her glass up to her lips. “It’s not like you’ll be sticking around long enough for me to remember.”

“And what’s *that* supposed to mean?”

“Nothing,” Sabrina lied. Lydia looked over to where Lex and Lucas were now talking to a blonde woman and her date.

“Who’s the blonde?” she asked. Sabrina inwardly snickered at the jealous tone in Lydia’s voice.

“Chloe Sullivan.”

“And the guy? He looks so familiar, but I can’t place him.”

“Sean Callaghan,” Sabrina said, watching the woman for her reaction over the rim of her glass. Lydia’s eyes widened almost comically and Sabrina choked on a little bit of the wine that was sliding down her throat.

“Hmm,” Lydia said thoughtfully as she observed how Sean was smiling at Chloe. “Now all I have to do is get Lex to look at me like that.” The words were said under her breath and Sabrina could tell that the woman was just thinking aloud, but she found herself unable to refrain from commenting.

“Oh, please,” Sabrina said. “Lex has been practically ignoring you all night. Do you really think all your not-so-subtle touches and blatant innuendos are going to make him want you as the next Mrs. Luthor?” Lydia cast a bitchy glare at Sabrina.

“I happen to be a model. I can get a date with any man I want,” she said, venom lining her voice. Sabrina looked over at Chloe and turned back to Lydia with a smirk on her face.

“Sure. You just can’t get them to stay at the table.”

~*~*~*~*~

Lex smiled down at Chloe. She had been a surprising source of comfort over the last week and she was quickly becoming someone who he considered to be a friend rather than just a friendly acquaintance. She had listened to him when he told her that he wasn’t doing drugs and even came up with some possible theories as to what was happening to him. Some of them were a little far out there, but at least she was trying. Then there was the fact that he felt calmer just by talking to her. For such a spirited woman, Chloe could be amazingly soothing.

Lex was also happy to see that she and Sean Callaghan seemed to be hitting it off. She had told him that they talked on the phone several times after he originally called to ask her out and Lex had to admit that they made a striking couple when he saw them sitting next to each other. There was the added bonus that he knew Sean, and he knew that he would never hurt Chloe. She had her heart broken by Clark so many times that she certainly deserved some happiness.

“We should get back,” Lex said almost absently. “I just wanted to say hi.” Both Chloe and Sean smiled at him and Lucas.

“No problem,” Sean said.

“Yeah,” Chloe agreed. “It was good to see you.”

Lex and Lucas started walking back to their own table and Lucas couldn’t help but notice how much more relaxed his brother now was. Not stoned or out of it, but calm and collected.

‘Can’t have that,’ he thought mischievously. “Well, that was awkward,” he said to Lex. Lex glanced over at him as they walked.

“It seemed fine to me,” he replied and then gave Lucas a sly grin. “You’re just not used to interacting politely with people.” Lucas rolled his eyes.

“Whatever,” he said. “But I *know* I can’t be the only one who noticed.” Lex looked at him questioningly.

“Noticed what?”

“You’re joking, right?” Lucas asked in mock disbelief, inwardly congratulating himself on the convincing acting job he was doing. Lex still looked confused and Lucas just shook his head. “Never mind, man. Forget I mentioned it.”

“Lucas,” Lex said almost warningly and stopped walking. “What exactly are you implying?”

“Nothing,” Lucas lied with a tiny smirk. “Just that for a guy who’s been in a pissy mood for the last twenty-four hours, you sure seem to have lightened up a lot after talking to sis.” Lex arched an eyebrow.

“Sis?” he asked.

“Part of the reason dad ordered me to be your keeper was because he was worried about Chloe and the reaction you had toward her,” Lucas explained. “You tell me – can you think of another reason he would be so worried about an employee?”

“Chloe isn’t our sister, Lucas.”

“Well, the only other thing I can think of is that the old man likes her – and that’s just gross.”

Lex frowned. Leave it to his brother to bring up the main concern he had since Chloe started working for his dad, let alone to bring up another possibility that he hadn’t ever even considered. The content feeling Lex had swimming through his body just moments before was now gone, replaced by his concern over being more disturbed at Chloe possibly being his sister than he was by his father lusting after her.

~*~*~*~*~

“So, how do you like working for Lex’s dad?” Sean asked. Chloe let out a light chuckle and smiled at him.

“It’s surprisingly not that bad,” she answered. “He’s a little over protective and keeps trying to talk me into going into business rather than journalism, but we get along pretty well.”

“That’s great. It must be nice to like your job,” he said. Chloe gave him a sympathetic look.

“Things still bad?”

“Not *bad* exactly, but I hate living abroad,” he answered, adjusting his thin wire glasses as he did so.

“See, I’ve always liked traveling – at least the little of it that I’ve done.”

“Traveling, yes,” he said. “Living there, no. Now if my dad had me somewhere tropical, nice and warm, then maybe. But I live in Dublin, which is apparently Seattle’s twin.” Chloe laughed.

“Well, if he ever transfers you somewhere tropical, let me know and I’ll come visit you,” she teased. He smiled back at her.

“You realize that I’m going to have to resort to begging him every day for a transfer now?”

“You weren’t before?” she asked. Sean gave a mock thoughtful look.

“Good point.”

They ate part of their dinner, lightly conversing over various topics, until Sean glanced over and noticed that Lex, Lucas, and their dates were no longer sitting at the table across the balcony. It had been a surprise when Lex had come over to their table, quickly followed by his brother, who Sean barely knew. And even though Chloe worked for his dad, Lex didn’t seem like the kind of guy to leave a date behind for even a little while to cross the room to say hello to someone. Call it the rich kid syndrome, but from what Sean had observed, Lex made people come to him. Of course, he didn’t know the man that well.

“So, how long have you known Lex?” he asked. Chloe looked up from her plate.

“Oh. Um…technically, I guess it’s been a few years now,” she answered.

“Technically?”

“He was really more of an acquaintance than anything else until recently. My friend Clark is pretty good friends with him though,” she said, glossing over the fact that she and Clark weren’t exactly on speaking terms at the moment. “You?”

“Hmm…most of my life actually, just because our fathers are business associates,” he said. Chloe nodded.

“Friends?”

“Not really,” he said. “But I don’t dislike the guy. We just don’t have a lot in common.”

“Apart from the whole ‘rich and good-looking’ thing,” Chloe pointed out. Sean smiled and leaned toward her.

“You think I’m good-looking?”

“Well, yeah,” she admitted, a small blush rising to her cheeks. He grinned and leaned even closer to her, brushing his lips against her own as they gently kissed.

Lex stared up at the couple from down below, where they had been stopped from exiting the restaurant by a couple of Lydia’s friends. He had convinced himself that he would be unhappy about Chloe being his sister because it would turn her life upside down and he didn’t want that for her. She deserved to be happy, and that meant *not* being a Luthor. And if Lucas had been right about the second thing rather than the first, then Lex was just going to have to make sure that Chloe’s relationship with Sean blossomed quickly.

TBC…

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information