+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: The Curse (NC-17)

Members

Re: The Curse (NC-17)

Hilarious! I'm still hoping for Lucas to get much more payback from Lex and the future Mrs. Luthor, though, 'cause even changing dirty diapers just doesn't seem a diabolical enough punishment for him.

NS Full Member

I certainly felt sorry for Lex in this story, but I loved reading about him discovering what a real friend is like, when Chloe showed such concern for him and helped him through his "addiction". (Loved the little dig about Clark always visiting Lex to talk about his *own* problems.) I was honestly squicked out by the sex-in-front-of-cameras thing, because of the crafty ambiguity and suspense regarding Lionel's true motives. I really didn't want him "enjoying" the recordings, or trying to break up Lex and Chloe 'cause he wanted her for himself. *shudder* ...I was so relieved that Lionel didn't turn out to be an evil lech. Although I also enjoy stories where Chloe & Lex save eachother from Evil!Lionel - I love exploring all the wish-fulfillment possibilities in fanfic - it's nice to read about a Lionel who actually cares about his son, and wants Chloe as a daughter-in-law. Let's face it, I like *any* character better if they support Chlex! Such as Lana...I don't mind her here, since she noticed the Chlex chemistry *and* chose Pete over Clark. Yes! (What can I say? I enjoy Clark's suffering, even "offscreen" and implied. ) I'm also glad that the Curse didn't really have anything to do with Lex falling in love with Chloe...it just... made them spend more time together which helped them realize/admit their feelings. Big fan of free will over here, but I must admit I think it's pretty cool that Chloe now has a guarantee of Lex never wanting anyone but her for the rest of their lives. And that was a very cute ending with all the Sullivan-Luthors running around torturing Lucas and Sabrina. They deserve to suffer. I was a bit surprised Chloe and Lex felt safe leaving their children in Lucas's hands. But, how silly of me. Clearly Olivia and the other kids have the upper hand and Lucas is the one who's not safe.

I agree with the author's note - Hooray for no Helen here! And Smallville really should've kept Lucas on as a regular character to cause mischief. I always found it weird they didn't do more with Lucas. Well, Smallville's showrunners should've done *lots* of things they didn't. Like not waste the Chlex potential! The Curse was very enjoyable and well-written, with a wonderfully engaging style that just sucks me in as a reader. Thank you for sharing your talent and great ideas with us frustrated Chlexers!

NS Full Member

Wow, can't believe I haven't seen this before. I love it and I love that Chloe and Lex is having all these kids and driving Lucas crazy.

I'm still loving this after all this time. She has such a great command of characters and I love her writing style. It's a shame she doesn't post on her blog anymore. I hope all is well and wish her the best.

Members

So funny. I'm new to this online world of fan fic & this is the first one I've read where the reviews are close to being as entertaining as the story. So glad I wasn't reading this while waiting for updates (years too late for that, lol) or Id've jumped right on that band wagon! Excellent story & great talent here!!

NS Full Member

I love this. Lucas was a total sweetheart when he thought Sabrina was pregnant. Kinda wish they had gotten more revenge but them being nannies is hilarious

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Lmao that was awesome! LOVED the end!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information