+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse (NC-17)

'he chuckled. “So, you asked the pink princess.”

There is only one word to describe that sentence...hysterical! i was laughing so hard i had tears. :biggrin:

update more soon i love this fic! and Lucas, is hysterical.

NS Full Member
    oooooooh. that was good. can't wait for it to begin!!

: Sway

beanie1816
    Just a Guest!
    Once again you proove your brillance! Where do you come up with these brillant ideas? I love you so much for your amazing writing.
    Update soon please.

Megs

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Chloe reached out her hand to open the door, but paused when she heard Lex yelling from the other side of it.

“Ugh! Why is she stopping?” Lucas asked in frustration as he and Sabby viewed her on the monitor. Sabrina snorted.

“Because she knows better than to interrupt an argument between your brother and your dad?” she offered.

“Whatever,” Lucas grumbled.

The yelling ceased and Chloe took a deep breath before lightly knocking on the door.

“What?!” Lex snapped in frustration toward the door. Chloe pushed the door open slightly and gave Lionel a hesitant grin, which he returned as a wide smile.

“Chloe,” he said, practically gushing her name as he rose from his chair behind his desk.

“Mr. Luthor,” she greeted, his demeanor putting her a little more at ease, but not making her feel completely comfortable. “I ---” she stopped talking for a moment while she glanced at Lex and then back at Lionel. “I found something interesting on the Yakimoto deal,” she said, stepping toward his desk and handing him a folder.

“Did you?” he asked, his smile almost lecherous as he allowed his fingers to brush over hers when he took the folder from her. The action was innocent enough for Chloe not to pay any attention to it, but Lex noticed and arched an eyebrow. Surely his dad didn’t think he could get away with trying to seduce the Sullivan girl? Clark and Gabe would kill Lionel if they found out.

‘Say, now there’s a thought,’ Lex mused to himself. “Miss Sullivan,” he greeted, walking toward her and giving her a polite, yet terse expression. She gave him a glimpse of a smile.

“Mr. Luthor,” she acknowledged with a curt nod of her head. It was hard to see Lex around as he was one of Clark’s best friends and she and Clark still weren’t getting along well, but the least she could do was be professional around him.

“Lex,” he corrected with a small smirk as if he was reading her mind.

“Lex,” she repeated with no enthusiasm whatsoever. After a moment of silence, his lips curled into a tiny smile.

“I’m sorry. I think I’m still getting used to the fact that my dad hired a *reporter*,” he paused and looked pointedly at Lionel, who didn’t seem to be paying any attention to him at all, “as his personal assistant.” Chloe felt her mouth spread in a smile and she nodded.

“I won’t go into specifics, but several non-disclosure agreements were involved,” she answered.

“Thinking outside the box has proved invaluable,” Lionel responded without looking up from the papers in his hands. “Chloe has only been here a week and she has already thwarted a saboteur’s attempts, not to mention made me a substantially larger profit on the Callaghan account.”

Lex’s eyebrows rose in surprise. He had, of course, known about the spy for a rival company within their own company being caught; and about the increased orders from the Callaghan Corporation, but he hadn’t heard about Chloe being the one responsible. Not to mention the fact that it was incredibly rare for his father to dole out praise about anyone.

“I had nothing to do with the Callaghan thing,” Chloe protested. Lionel smirked and raised his eyes to look at her briefly.

“Of course you did,” he said and then looked down at the papers again. “By the way, do say hello to young Sean when you see him next.”

Lex watched as Chloe’s cheeks turned a bright red hue and she tried to cover her face with her hand.

“Sean?” he asked. “What about him?”

“It seems he’s developed a bit of a crush on Miss Sullivan,” Lionel answered, his smirk turning into a teasing smile. Lex’s lips slid into a smile as well as he looked back at Chloe.

“Really?” he asked as he appeared pensive about the situation. “Are you going to go out with him?”

Chloe glared at Lionel before turning her attention to Lex again.

“He hasn’t asked me,” she said. “And he doesn’t even have a crush on me. Your dad just caught me zoning ---”

“Is that what they’re calling it these days?” Lionel teased. Chloe cleared her throat and shot him another disturbed glare.

“And since I was looking in Mr. Callaghan’s direction, he assumed that I liked him and has been teasing me about it ever since,” she continued. Lex’s smile grew and he glanced back at his dad.

“And *his* reaction to this?”

Lionel let out a small chuckle and glanced up at his son.

“He was --- ‘zoning’ you called it?”

Lex bit his lip to keep from laughing and the blush on Chloe’s face became more pronounced.

“God. What was I thinking when I took this job?” she mumbled to herself.

“If it helps, I could put in a word for you,” Lex said. Chloe narrowed her eyes at him and Lex smiled impishly back at her. Lionel scoffed.

“His father has him based overseas. It would never work out,” he said. Chloe let out a breath of relief. Lionel was putting an end to the teasing – for now at least.

It may not have been quite so embarrassing if she actually hadn’t found the man attractive, but to have Lionel Luthor, her new boss, catch her basically staring at the guy and then tease her endlessly about it – it was mortifying.

Lex, however, found the idea of Chloe liking someone besides Clark quite refreshing. He wondered if he would be violating some sort of ‘friends’ code’ if he told Clark that Chloe liked Sean. It would certainly put an end to Clark’s ranting about not being able to go out with Lana because Chloe was jealous and Lana said she couldn’t do that to her ‘best friend’. Lex didn’t know when Chloe and Lana had become ‘best friends’, but he did know that Clark and Chloe’s friendship had been on rocky ground for a while, and this new development might change that.

“My, my,” Lionel’s voice sounded, causing Chloe and Lex to shake themselves out of their respective thoughts and look over at him. He had his eyes fixed on the paperwork inside the folder, but raised them to look at Chloe. “Well done, Chloe. Very well done.” Chloe smiled a genuine smile back at him.

“I thought you’d like that,” she said. Lionel nodded and ignored the questioning look that Lex was throwing him.

“Indeed,” he responded. “Are you sure I can’t talk you into coming to work for me full-time?”

“Pretty sure,” Chloe said with a light chuckle. “It took enough effort trying to convince my dad that you weren’t the devil and that it would be okay to work for you part-time. I don’t think he’d look favorably on me dropping out of high school during my senior year to increase my hours here.”

“Hmm – a valid argument,” Lionel conceded with a smile curling the corners of his mouth.

“Come on, come on,” Lucas said impatiently, glaring at the monitor while resting his hands on the back of the chair that Sabrina was sitting in. She chanted the last few words out of the book and took a deep breath.

“Okay,” she said. “It’s done.”

“But nothing happened,” Lucas complained. Sabrina swiveled around in her chair and shot him a look.

“I told you ---”

“Yeah, yeah; I know. *Slowly*,” he said using his fingers to make air quotation marks. He let out a huff as he stared back at the monitor. “This curse sucks.”

“You’re the one who chose it,” she reminded him.

“Are you *sure* you can’t turn him into a toad?” he asked almost pleadingly.

“*Hair*.”

“Would baby hair work? Maybe I could find some home,” he mused aloud. “He’s gotta have a baby book or something, right?” Sabrina rolled her eyes.

“You’re impossible.”

Lucas squinted his eyes when something interesting finally seemed to be happening on the screen.

“I should get going,” Lex said, glancing at the clock on his wall. “I have that conference call with the Dayton office in ten minutes.” Lionel nodded and made a shooing motion with his hand which Chloe tried not to snicker at. “Dad…Chloe.”

“Lex,” Chloe said. Lex stopped mid-turn when he was suddenly overcome with a feeling of complete euphoria. He blinked his eyes a couple of times and shook his head, but he couldn’t release the tremendous feeling of well-being. It was almost as if…no. He had dabbled in drugs back in his wilder years, but hadn’t done anything for quite a while now. And he was very sure that if anything were to resurface, it would be the need rather than the effects. “Are you okay?” Chloe asked, noticing that Lex was swaying a little on his feet and seemed to be in his own world. She and Lionel shared a look and he took a few steps toward Lex.

“Son?”

“Yes!” Lucas yelled, pulling his elbow backward and then smiling brightly at Sabrina. “You – are – a – goddess!” He pulled her out of the chair and swung her around in his arms. She laughed for a second, but then shook her head as he set her feet down.

“Don’t get too excited,” she said. “That was just the initial reaction. Each reaction from now on isn’t going to be as substantial, and it’s going to take time – a lot of time - for the addiction to develop. Do you understand?” He leaned closer to her and brushed his lips against hers, ignoring the guards who were looking at him and his girlfriend like they needed to be committed.

“I understand.”

TBC…

odd duck
    Heehee, yay, Lex is gonna be addicted to Chloe. And she wont mind one bit, whatever Lucas thinks. Update soon! :yay: :worship2:

NS Full Member
    LMAO Oh God, they are going to be in so much trouble.

ANd the "they" could mean either Lex and Chloe or Sabrina and Lucas!!

More!

Kerry

Loved it like always!

I can't WAIT to see what's going to happen next!

Lucas is going to be in so much trouble, it's going to be hysterical. I can't wait for more, update soon!

Roslyn

NS Full Member
    Ok, Lucas, say it with me, The Curse does NOT suck. However, I'm feeling not good about Sabby saying it's going to take 'a lot' of time. I needs me some instant gratification.

Blue

NightGlow
    Just a Guest!
    I LUV THIS PLOT!
    And I esp. adore Lucas. I also profusely wish to replace Helen with him but, oh well. At least I can always count on *these* writers to format the show correctly.
    As for this fic--
    I smell a work of genius...

The addiction has started...good :eyebrows: and the way u say the the process will be a slwo one means hopefully this fic will be a very long, satisfying one? GOd i hope so. :worship2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information